Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default What new name loot would you like to see

OK let not get carried away with saying stuff like Ring of the great Ancestors - Raise Dead 10/day, or Greataxe of improved vorpal, which kills on any crit hit. But what new named items would you like to see be added.

Like heartseeker, a +1 longbow that kills any target with a beating heart on a confrim crit. IE a vorpal bow.

Or Evershot. +3 longbow of transmutation of evershot. Evershot supplies a endless supplies of arrows for the archer

Otto dance robes. When a mob hit the user they must save or be effected by Otto dance.. Also the devs could have fun with this one by making the robes look like something from the saturday night fever. Just image your dwarf barb in that white suit with big collar

Or add weapon with of Otto dance that on a hit the target must make a save of be effect by ottos dance. Kind of like a para but instead they dance.

Staff of Bysiras:

Adamantine full staff created by the (now dead) God-Emperor Bysiras, an epic level Archmage/Wizard. Forged in a conflux of elements and linked to Hell itself with a bloodcrystal that serves as its tip.

Functions as a Staff of the Magi except it cannot be broken in a retributive strike. In addition:

-Firesnakes 3/day (Flame Arrow/Fear/Hold Monster combo CL 18)
    -Deathball 3/day (as Fireball, but deals Negative Energy damage CL 18)
    -Can hold one epic spell to be discharged later.
    -Focus for Bysiras' Dark Aurora (horrifically nasty epic spell)

Staff of the Magi: the real one not just 100spell points

A long wooden staff, shod in iron and inscribed with sigils and runes of all types, this potent artifact contains many spell powers and other functions. Some of its powers use charges, while others don’t. The following powers do not use charges:

Detect magic
    Enlarge person (Fortitude DC 15 negates)
    Hold portal
    Light
    Mage armor
    Mage hand
    The following powers drain 1 charge per usage:

Dispel magic
    Fireball (10d6 damage, Reflex DC 17 half )
    Ice storm
    Invisibility
    Knock
    Lightning bolt (10d6 damage, Reflex DC 17 half )
    Passwall
    Pyrotechnics (Will or Fortitude DC 16 negates)
    Wall of fire
    Web
    These powers drain 2 charges per usage:

Monster summoning IX
    Plane shift (Will DC 21 negates)
    Telekinesis (400 lb. maximum weight; Will DC 19 negates)
    A staff of the magi gives the wielder spell resistance 23. If this is willingly lowered, however, the staff can also be used to absorb arcane spell energy directed at its wielder, as a rod of absorption does. Unlike the rod, this staff converts spell levels into charges rather than retaining them as spell energy usable by a spellcaster. If the staff absorbs enough spell levels to exceed its limit of 50 charges, it explodes as if a retributive strike had been performed (see below). The wielder has no idea how many spell levels are cast at her, for the staff does not communicate this knowledge as a rod of absorption does. (Thus, absorbing spells can be risky.)

Retributive Strike: A staff of the magi can be broken for a retributive strike. Such an act must be purposeful and declared by the wielder. All charges in the staff are released in a 30-foot spread. All within 10 feet of the broken staff take hit points of damage equal to 8 times the number of charges in the staff, those between 11 feet and 20 feet away take points equal to 6 times the number of charges, and those 21 feet to 30 feet distant take 4 times the number of charges. A DC 17 Reflex save reduces damage by half.

The character breaking the staff has a 50% chance (01–50 on d%) of traveling to another plane of existence, but if she does not (51–100), the explosive release of spell energy destroys her. Only specific items, including the staff of the magi and the staff of power are capable of a retributive strike.

Strong (all schools); CL 20th;Weight 5 lb.

Community Member

Here's some I just proposed in another thread, but I'll paste them here for compactness (raid loot):

Mortalhunter Lenses- Goggles, +6 enhancement dexerity, Seeker +4, Backstabbing +2, Reflex +5, Feat: Improved Crit-Thrown, Haste 3x (self-only, CL 10)
    Arenei Avengers- Bracers, +2 sacred dexerity, +2 Dodge AC, +5 resistance bonus against necromancy, SR 18, continuous Spawn Screen, Feat: Favored Enemy-Undead, Feat: Greater Weapn Spec-Scimitar, Mass Restoration 3x
    Blade of Unseen Depths: +5 mithral rapier, 1d6 18-20/x3, Transmuting, Pure Good, Undead Bane, Parrying, Striding 30%, Feat: Fighter Armor Mastery I, Balance +9, Tumble +11.
    Arsenal of Silver Zealot- +3 Holy Burst Silver Dagger of Righteousness with Silver Arsenal 5x clicky. The Silver Arsenal spell is a modified version of Flame Arrow which produces ammo that is +3 Holy Burst Silver of Righteousness, in whatever kind you pick (arrows, bolts, darts, or whatever)
    Fleshreap: +5 Falchion, 2d6 15-20/x2, Damage Slash,Evil,Chaos,Silver. +3 Natural Armor bonus. Poison ward. Lesser Acid-guard. Unholy Blight 3x (CL 12).
    Smitten Skull: +5 Silver Sacred Maul of Undead-bane, 1d12 18-20/x3. Greater Abjuration Focus. Greater Parrying. Holy Smite 3x (CL 12)

Here's another one:
    Shroud of Terror: Fearsom Robe of Heavy Fortification. Greater Fear Focus (+2 DC on your fear-based spells. Does not stack with other spell focus items), Terror-guard (enemies hitting you in melee have a 5% chance of being hit with Phantasmal Killer), -2 Will saves

Community Member

I would like a +3 light mace of NEW CONTENT PLEASE

Ziggys smasher -> +1 glass greatclub of ooze bane.(could be a maul im not too picky)
    R.I.P. Xoriat 8/2/07 ______________[]Ninja Posts:726.5 bunninja is watching
    Information from devs ______________Member of Cupcake's Muskateers!____
    /wearing a Jiffy Pop pan tinfoil hat made by shecky

Arrow Any item, ...

that replicates some of the already available clickies. But, casts at a higher level. Bless that lasts 10 min., invisiblity thats last 5-6, Prayer that lastes 2-3min., hypnotize that has greater impact(higher DC?), or shield for 2-3min.

I could go on and on with that. I think you get my drift.

Please for the love of all that is clicky.
    The Truth~ +5 Transmuting Utterance of Puncturing .
    BarrelBane Crateslayers~Shamrocks.
    of Spew(Argo, Thelanis, Cannith);Chunkss[Argo]

Instant Fortress.
    http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems...nstantFortress

but change it so it only works at rest shrine areas and allows an addition rest area 1/day.
    Life is just a candle and a dream
    Must give it flame :Rush

how about figurines of wonderous power or dancing swords or even defender blades.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Community Member

How about just a few good undead bashers... Good undead weapons are so rare that I see paralyzers show up far more frequently in the auction.

How about a named item that drops 20% at the end of a good hard 6-8th level quest... Something like +3 Ghosttouch Heavy Mace of Greater Undead Bane

Or, maybe there could be a 5% chance each of
    • WraithMangle: +3 Ghosttouch Heavy Mace of Greater Undead bane
    • WraithMasher: +3 Ghosttouch Light Mace of Greater Undead bane
    • WraithSplit: +3 Ghosttouch Scimitar of Greater Undead bane
    • WraithSlice: +3 Ghosttouch Kukri of Greater Undead bane
    Nyr Dyv Raiders - Sarlona
    Bloodbath, Barb 20 · Stonehaul, AC Build 20 · Sonnkral, Melee 20 · Sacrament, Cleric 17 · Sentient, Sorcerer 17 · Kimosabe, Archer 20 · Livid, Rogue 15 · Luthiena, Bard 20 · Luxoria, Paladin 8· Machinos, Wiz 8

Here is one:

A raid-loot bow.

Any raid-loot bow.

There are a dozen good weapons that have come out of raids so far, can the rangers please get a little recognition? We use bows, and while Storm is nice, we really want a good bow. Maybe even one simmilar to the Silver Longbow?
    Exile of Xoriat
    Pestilence

Quote Originally Posted by Jolani View Post
    Here is one:

A raid-loot bow.

Any raid-loot bow.

There are a dozen good weapons that have come out of raids so far, can the rangers please get a little recognition? We use bows, and while Storm is nice, we really want a good bow. Maybe even one simmilar to the Silver Longbow?
    Seconded

Default ai items

Bob the Greatsword.

No, really - intelligent weapons that have one or more x/day abilities, but you can't activate them - the weapon activates them using its own AI, much like a summoned creature.

"You benefit from Bob the Greatsword's Rage spell."
    "Bob the Greatsword heals you for 20 points of damage."
    "You benefit from Bob the Greatsword's Detect Secret Doors."
    "Bob the Greatsword casts Lightning Bolt."

"Who the heck pulled all those mobs on us?"
    "It wasn't me, it was my greatsword, Bob!"
    This could actually work. I played a different game with something like this.
    There were rare 'intelligent' item's that dropped from raids, that would level with the player, gaining a fraction of the xp the player received. Various levels to completion. I saw some max out at lvl 3, others at lvl 9. But each 1 would get more powerful per lvl.

Ring of swiftness, 30 minute haste clicky
    Take this for example...
    lvl 1...1 min haste clicky
    lvl 2....3min haste clicky x2
    lvl 3....5min haste clicky x3
    etc, etc.....however far up its deemed.
    Just a thought.
    Yangant Hellcaster - 14 Sor.
    Joei -10barb/2ftr/2rogue
    Haffling Lifetaker- 13Ftr/1Barb

Community Member Mad_Bombardier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HumanJHawkins View Post
    How about a named item that drops 20% at the end of a good hard 6-8th level quest... Something like +3 Ghosttouch Heavy Mace of Greater Undead Bane
    I don't know about the 20%, but you just described the Phase Hammer from The Shadow Crypt. Well, actually, it's a maul. But still... People just don't run the quest.

Default Of course they don't

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Bombardier View Post
    I don't know about the 20%, but you just described the Phase Hammer from The Shadow Crypt. Well, actually, it's a maul. But still... People just don't run the quest.
    That's because who in their right mind wants to run four of the most annoying quests in the game just to run that one for a small chance of getting the Phase Hammer? And actually the Phase hammer is slightly different, since it only works on incorporeal creatures, not undead, and I think the only time you really come up against incorporeal creatures that aren't undead is in those five quests.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gennerik View Post
    That's because who in their right mind wants to run four of the most annoying quests in the game just to run that one for a small chance of getting the Phase Hammer?
    It's not four quests. It's either 5 quests if you do it wrong, or 1 quest if you do it right. That is, if you wanted to get the Phase Hammer you'd have one character open the Shadow Crypt, then switch to another to run the mission and get the loots.

Quote Originally Posted by Gennerik View Post
    I think the only time you really come up against incorporeal creatures that aren't undead is in those five quests.
    No, there are no incorporeals that aren't undead in those quests. The only such monster might be the end boss from Delera's Tomb. (Although maybe that has been changed by now)

I got one.

I love my phase hammer. Ive named him george.
    R.I.P. Xoriat 8/2/07 ______________[]Ninja Posts:726.5 bunninja is watching
    Information from devs ______________Member of Cupcake's Muskateers!____
    /wearing a Jiffy Pop pan tinfoil hat made by shecky

Community Member

I don't know about the 20%, but you just described the Phase Hammer from The Shadow Crypt. Well, actually, it's a maul. But still.
    That proposed item is far better than the Phase Hammer, because it has Undead-bane that works on Skeletons, Mummies, and Vampires in addition to just ghosts.

Community Member

I don't know about the 20%, but you just described the Phase Hammer from The Shadow Crypt. <CUT>People just don't run the quest.
    If it was 20% they might. :-)
    Nyr Dyv Raiders - Sarlona
    Bloodbath, Barb 20 · Stonehaul, AC Build 20 · Sonnkral, Melee 20 · Sacrament, Cleric 17 · Sentient, Sorcerer 17 · Kimosabe, Archer 20 · Livid, Rogue 15 · Luthiena, Bard 20 · Luxoria, Paladin 8· Machinos, Wiz 8

Default How About....

A real +5 Holy Avenger for us Paladins....not this poser holy sword spell. Have it dispel magic at our level, +10 damage to evil, etc,etc.
    For our fight is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world, and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.-Ephesians 6:12

A named Dwarven. Any named dwarven.
    The Nak Abides - Ascent - Argonnessen
    Tanak Arcarius (TR) ~ Xanak the Irregular (TR) ~ Sanak the Streak (TR)
    Ganak Goblinjuicer (TR) ~ Panak (TR) ~ Wanak Ryuha (TR) ~ Vanak Ahriman (TR)
    Manak Bloodscreamer (TR) ~ Qanak the Absolute (TR) ~ Kanak (TR) ~ Fanak Voltaic(TR)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast