Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default reply

Quote Originally Posted by MtnLion View Post
    Beg to differ here, level 14 sorcerer gets one and only one level VII spell, and you are suggesting that they forfeit FoD for Otto's? Not likely.
    This made me laugh. Try the combo of dancing sphere and firewall, let me know how much mana u save and how much more effective ur crowd control is. This raid is cake. You should need no more than 2 people to complete.

For the op, I would be asking this question:

Why did the person at the east lever jump down when there were still mobs in the room?
    Sarlona server Jax Arcane
    Mitsu Rugi

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpster View Post
    No, you do NOT wait 3 days to try again. You spend 5-6 minutes moaning and groaning about your amazing bad luck, and then you call in another player to help you collect the loot.

If by some bad luck the elementals killed you after the quest was complete, you open an LFM for a single cleric/wizard/ranger/whatever to come inside, kill the elementals, and pull the lever to rez you all. Offer this guy a chance at winning some of the raid loot if you want to compensate for his service.

It sucks that you'd have to use a humilating workaround like that, but it's a valid possibility: you can invite any flagged characters all the way into the instance after it is complete.
    How are you gonna get that guy up in the death room when the reaver is dead already?

Quote Originally Posted by arcane_nite View Post
    This made me laugh. Try the combo of dancing sphere and firewall, let me know how much mana u save and how much more effective ur crowd control is. This raid is cake. You should need no more than 2 people to complete.

For the op, I would be asking this question:

Why did the person at the east lever jump down when there were still mobs in the room?
    Personally I like having a bard around for the dance sphere so I can kill as I choice to kill. When I get to level 15, I will be taking Otto's but until then it will be FoD.

Also, why do you assume someone was in the dead room?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aspenor View Post
    How are you gonna get that guy up in the death room when the reaver is dead already?
    OOps. Forgot the lever at the puzzle will work for the same purpose. Brain fart.

Yes, that is a real problem, especially because you have a bizarre workaround available if this happens:

Suppose a group beats the Reaver's Fate and then for some reason gets wiped out by elementals after the quest is complete. They can still get their loot if they recruit a new cleric to come in the door, Destruction the elementals, and Raise you all. If you cannot find a new player to come help you (or if your party is already at max size), then you can roll among the players to decide who will get an alt and come in to clear things out and save everyone.

The game should not be designed to encourage or reward that kind of silliness. The raid loot and the raid timer should be reserved for players who went into the raid from the start, not came in later.

Wow, ok, that is a big mistake. If there was a +3 tome in the box, then you could have and should have called in a new cleric or wizard or someone to cleric the elementals and raise everyone.
    WHY WOULD YOU WASTE TIME CALLING IN ANOTHER PLAYER?

I BELIEVE SEVERAL OF US HAVE SAID... "you can pull the lever to respan at anytime after game completion"

OBVIOUSLY YOU DON"T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

Again what you should do is leave 1 person in the puzzle room to spawn anyone who dies. If there are eli's out there well... big deal beat them to death and run in in waves... as long as the switch is clear in the puzzle room and someone is there to pull it you can keep resing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspenor View Post
    You pull the completion lever... They respawn in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Prinstoni View Post

I BELIEVE SEVERAL OF US HAVE SAID... "you can pull the lever to respan at anytime after game completion"

Again what you should do is leave 1 person in the puzzle room to spawn anyone who dies. If there are eli's out there well... big deal beat them to death and run in in waves... as long as the switch is clear in the puzzle room and someone is there to pull it you can keep resing.
    You can only pull as many times as you have guesses left. And if the casters forget to kill the remaining elementals (or don't bother for some unknown reason), then there's nobody left in the puzzle room, is there?
    Person Æ, Sarlona
    Tanka Yomero (Human Hybrid) .:. Darani Yomero (Drow Sorcerer) .:. Yomero (WF Paladonk)

Community Member

So you can loot the chest, instead of wasting it's contents and waiting 3 days so you can try again.

Dead "ghost" characters cannot pull any levers.

Wrong. The opposite, in fact: Obviously you don't know what you are talking about.

The guy had a problem where his raid group was wiped by elementals after defeating this mission. This meant that their characters could not release and go back in, so they lost the raid loot. I explained how they could have easily salvaged it just by getting one character (either a separate player, or an alt of theirs) to come in and fight the elementals for them.

That is true, but irrelevant. Obviously, the best solution is always not to make mistakes. But if a mistake DID happen, I explained how to recover from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Oran Lathor View Post
    For the poll, the best sorc I know carries Otto's and not FoD.
    Perhaps you don't know too many sorcerers, then.
    Last edited by MtnLion; 07-17-2007 at 05:40 PM.
    MtnLion

Quote Originally Posted by arcane_nite View Post
    This made me laugh. Try the combo of dancing sphere and firewall, let me know how much mana u save and how much more effective ur crowd control is.
    Err? Dancing Sphere :: Wall of Fire? The comparison is Finger of Death versus Otto's Dancing Sphere. A Sorcerer (capped at 14) gets to coose one level VII spell, and those are the most useful. He cannot change out at will for this quest or that, so it is a choice. I looked at the saves for my main weapon, PK, and why the mobs would save. Then I looked at the saves for those two spells, and the choice was clear. FoD is much better if a choice must be made.
    Last edited by MtnLion; 07-17-2007 at 05:39 PM.
    MtnLion

Community Member

Err? Dancing Sphere :: Wall of Fire? The comparison is Finger of Death versus Otto's Dancing Sphere. A Sorcerer (capped at 14) gets to coose one level VII spell, and those are the most useful. He cannot change out at will for this quest or that, so it is a choice. I looked at the saves for my main weapon, PK, and why the mobs would save. Then I looked at the saves for those two spells, and the choice was clear. FoD is much better if a choice must be made.
    Not really. It depends what you're trying to accomplish. FoD is better if all you care about is killing things. Heightened Flesh to Stone = FoD

Default Suck it up, Buttercup

Sorry but bringing in alts after the raid is over (to save your collective butts) is a cheesy lame exploit. I'd rather bite the bullet wait the three days and be able to say I NEVER DID THAT LAME SHIITE!
    ~A few unintelligible words and fleeting gestures carry more power than a battleaxe when they are the words and gestures of a wizard~

So you can loot the chest, instead of wasting it's contents and waiting 3 days so you can try again.

Dead "ghost" characters cannot pull any levers.

Wrong. The opposite, in fact: Obviously you don't know what you are talking about.

The guy had a problem where his raid group was wiped by elementals after defeating this mission. This meant that their characters could not release and go back in, so they lost the raid loot. I explained how they could have easily salvaged it just by getting one character (either a separate player, or an alt of theirs) to come in and fight the elementals for them.

That is true, but irrelevant. Obviously, the best solution is always not to make mistakes. But if a mistake DID happen, I explained how to recover from it.
    I give up obviously you didn't read what he wrote the first time... He said they went into the main room and died, but somehow someone was able to see a +3 dex tome in the chest.

Look so yes, if you have completed it and for some unknown reason you all all die. You can call anyone to come in an pull the lever again to res everyone. OR, someone recalles out, Changes to another raid ready character, comes in clears the mobs, and pulls the switch again.

Whatever. The point is. You can respawn by pulling the switch again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanka View Post
    You can only pull as many times as you have guesses left. And if the casters forget to kill the remaining elementals (or don't bother for some unknown reason), then there's nobody left in the puzzle room, is there?
    No one is res'd in the middle until the quest is completed (which means the puzzle is solved).

After the quest is finished you can repull the lever to spawn people as many times as you want.

Can I keep this one I want to put it next to my charcter list. lol

Default Otto's isn't solid fog

Finger of death could be a selfish move on a caster verse an uber agro spell
    as otto's dance saving your cleric from scraping of the sides of the brownie bowl with no spatula. otto's otto's PK PK PK PK PK PK PK PK PK FW FW FW otto's otto's Put on your +5 armor and tower shield, block like hell. Rebuff the whole party. Enjoy your loot. "Oh ya you might have to take of you armor and repeat."

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lengar View Post
    ...At the end if u die, you dont get your loot.
    This is true of every raid, I think. I've had 2 occassions where everyone died after killing Velah.

Well, in the room with the cest, most casters are out of mana
    Get a minor charge field (can't remember exact name) by being around the Stormreaver, and you will get your mana recharged. Just be aware that it only zaps 3 people, so if a bunch of tanks are around it probably won't happen. There are 5 levels of charge.
    • minor static charge (does nothing)
    • major static charge (does nothing)
    • minor charge field (mana regen, +hitpoints, immune to air elemental knockdown)
    • major charge field (same as above, but I think no immunity)
    • kabooom!

You can either get away to keep your charge, or use the madstone rod to remove the charge. Electricity protection will also take the brunt of the damage.

and there are about 40-50 elementals.
    You really should be culling the elementals as you fight. Banishment, Dismissal, PK, Finger, Destruction are all great for this without getting Reaver aggro. If you control them before their numbers get huge (in conjunction with the charge ability listed above) then you will have little problem afterwards.

What is the point of trying? The party gets wiped and u dont get your loot for all of your hardwork. It is a load of bull crawp.
    Don't you think you are overreacting and being a bit immature?

First, the methods described above, developed and used by others under the same situations as you, work well.

Second, at least to try again you have to run all of 100 meters to try again. Unlike Velah where the only option is to go through Von 5 again, or the Titan where you have to run through the Twilight Forge again. It's a darn nice thing.

I think the reaver would be much better if when you finish, ALL the elementals would disappear so that every1 can enjoy their loot instead of not even seeing it.

I lost out on a chance to get a +3 tome(some1 in party saw it) because of the ele's.
    Some would argue that dealing with the minions of a boss are as much a part of the quest as the boss himself. If you knock-out Batman and Robin takes you out, then you failed as assuredly as if Batman himself had delivered the coup-de-grace.

It sucks that you lost out on the loot, though. A +3 tome would really burn, but consider it the same as if you had rolled a 2 on your loot check

Quote Originally Posted by EP_Harlow
    "At times, death alone bears the memo regarding a change in strategy." -EP Harlow

Community Member

Beg to differ here, level 14 sorcerer gets one and only one level VII spell, and you are suggesting that they forfeit FoD for Otto's? Not likely.
    If this is the same MtnLion I know, then I'm in your guild, am a sorcerer, and carry Otto's sphere instead of Finger of Death.

It's one of the few missions where I'm not called in to use my Cleric first.

Otto's sphere is as viable of a choice as Finger. Finger is incredibly powerful, but it is not all-powerful. Dancing sphere is a remarkable spell and long-lasting, making it a great mana-saver.

While certainly most sorcerers go for Finger of Death, most players are also unimaginative In a pinch, Enervation and PK can substitute for Finger, and on Normal even straight PK works fairly well. For the spell level, it's even possible for a Sorc to have Banishment.
    Last edited by Spookydodger; 07-31-2007 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EP_Harlow
    "At times, death alone bears the memo regarding a change in strategy." -EP Harlow

lol drop hypno from a scroll in reaver on elite (or normal for that matter) and tell us again how ur caster is prepared because unless eles roll a "1" u wont be crowd controling anything
    Former Leader of DamagedInc:
    godless/attola/scorched/worfda/lucifuges/aodru/stains/acts/upperdecker/ravaged
    Token ****** of DamagedInc

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by death_smurf View Post
    lol drop hypno from a scroll in reaver on elite (or normal for that matter) and tell us again how ur caster is prepared because unless eles roll a "1" u wont be crowd controling anything
    Technically, you can hit them with multiple Enervation scrolls first to debuff them to the point where they'll fail every save. But you wouldn't reasonably have time to do that to all the different elementals (especially since you can't look at them to tell which have been debuffed yet)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123