Default I would like to see an increase in a ranger's sp

My ranger that i built was my very first char. and maybe i built him wrong im not sure. But he has 223 sp which is not enough, i think that it should hit 350sp with out any items that even boost it up. I always ask cleric's for dv's but i never get to many, casue they use it all on the sorcs, and some of them ask me to give out resists and dont dv me up for all the mana i spent.

Argonnessen Server

Clan of the Green Dragon-Leader

Shoebox level 12 ranger / level 2 fighter
    Shoepolish level 7 cleric
    Shoelace level 3 fighter

What wisdom do you run on your ranger?
    970 sp and counting
    Help Fix Ranged Combat for Everyone. Come help complete the DDO Wiki

L12 Ranger 115 base
    Magi/popx/wiz IV 100, remove after initial buffs if you need the inv slot
    (12+9)*2=42 with a 14 wis
    energy of the wild II=40
    297 is easily obtainable

Now look at a 14 Ranger with a 16 wis
    145base
    100item
    40enh
    63wis

Rangers are the weakest spell casters along with paladins, they don't need that much sps. Bards only get a few hundred more points. I am not saying you gimped your Ranger, only that you didn't focus much on sps.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by shoebox747 View Post
    My ranger that i built was my very first char. and maybe i built him wrong im not sure. But he has 223 sp which is not enough, i think that it should hit 350sp with out any items that even boost it up. I always ask cleric's for dv's but i never get to many, casue they use it all on the sorcs, and some of them ask me to give out resists and dont dv me up for all the mana i spent.

Argonnessen Server

Clan of the Green Dragon-Leader

Shoebox level 12 ranger / level 2 fighter
    Shoepolish level 7 cleric
    Shoelace level 3 fighter
    After you give out resists what else are you going to use spell points on anyway?

Community Member Symar-FangofLloth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rokurgepta View Post
    After you give out resists what else are you going to use spell points on anyway?
    Barkskin!

But really, paladins and rangers don't get many spells to begin with, and it's not a primary class feature. Just be glad you don't have the 1/2 caster level you should.
    Former Xoriat-er. Embrace the Madness.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Symar-FangofLloth View Post
    Barkskin!

But really, paladins and rangers don't get many spells to begin with, and it's not a primary class feature. Just be glad you don't have the 1/2 caster level you should.
    Barkskin is counted to me as a resist that would be handed out at the beginning.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by shoebox747 View Post
    /shrug Lots of clerics give me a DV or two, especially when I've just Extended Barkskinned the entire party. They usually want me to be able to do it again. We're fine for spell points, just make sure you're using them wisely... no need to resist-buff everyone when other Paladins and Rangers are in the group and can hand themselves their own buffs, etc.
    Christov Olaffsson, Hybrid Tempest
    Aeriaenna Donovan, Arcane Kensei Archer