Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

/no vote

Can't we just delete the spam, not buy the plat, and not get overly bent about those that do? Make the in-game exchange of in-game goods easier, i.e., let the brokers hold a set amount of items, dropping off the oldest. That away the NPC brokers will always have something to sell, thus encouraging more in-game legitimate trade. The coming changes to the auction house will help. If we get guild banks, that will also help the sanctioned exchange of in-game goods. We do not need real cash exchanged for in-game goods, that moves us the wrong direction. It's like legalizing meth to get rid of meth dealers, "look we've got rid of those dirty meth dealers and now have everyone using it legally!"

If you wanted to get really draconian you could create a cap on AH goods.
    Home Town Stormreach, Sarlona
    Guild - The Misfits.

Kahil - lvl 12 Paladin/2 Fighter (Main)
    Alamitra - lvl 11 Paladin (Just Call him the Big Gimper)
    Vitiate - lvl 12 32pt Cleric
    Veracious - lvl 2 32pt Cleric
    Philodox - lvl 3 32pt Barbarian
    Coming soon an Arcane Spellcaster or another Paladin.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Swordalot View Post
    The "problem" is that currently it is a violation of Turbine policy to sell items or gold for real life cash. Legalizing the sale would not only be foolish, but it would lead to widespread use and probably more spam. You think getting /tells from plat farmers is bad? What about when 30 people open LFM messages advertising their great deals on items for that server? Where does it end?
    Ehh thats true too .. IDK .. I dont really care what others have, this game is can be overcome with play style and tactics also. I dont see it as big as a problem as it might be.

Any sufficiently advanced bureaucracy is indistinguishable from molasses.

A) Why is it that every idea/solution to plat farming is shot to hell without any constructive ideas added in to modify/find the best player base solution?

B) If the word filter is so strict with the bio, why don't they add those 2 or 3 websites we always see in our spam into the filter so that they can no longer be sent to us via the mail box? -_-
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Huxley
    There is no greater mistake than the hasty conclusion that opinions are worthless because they are badly argued
    Turbine, you can hire more developers for the game. We operate on a giant Theocracy of Debt, so go all out finding developers for the best MMO out there

OP, why separate asia from america AND europe? what are you insuinating here? that all plat farmers are asians? i take offense to your post becoz you fail to realise that plat farming occurs throughout the world, not just in asia. there are sweat shops in central america and some other undeveloped countries too. the only difference is the scale and cost factor. china has the advantage of cheap labour, korea has the advantage of technology.

btw the way... my country (singapore) is in asia
    If you want to know why...

Quote Originally Posted by Ranmaru2 View Post
    A) Why is it that every idea/solution to plat farming is shot to hell without any constructive ideas added in to modify/find the best player base solution?

Becuase this idea has not only been brought up before the idea itself stinks

B) If the word filter is so strict with the bio, why don't they add those 2 or 3 websites we always see in our spam into the filter so that they can no longer be sent to us via the mail box?

Good question
    -_-

Community Member

Because they wont work?

This one will filter out many legit users (on trips to Asia) and fail to catch anyone who can find a proxy in the US/EU or spoof an IP.

Not to mention that much of the farming/power leveling is done in the EU.

B) If the word filter is so strict with the bio, why don't they add those 2 or 3 websites we always see in our spam into the filter so that they can no longer be sent to us via the mail box? -_-
    Because the filter does not work well, people can get round them easily. Add in the dev time, load scanning every email ect and this is not a good plan.

CONSTRUCTIVE IDEA:
    If this was my code I would disable the PASTE command to the emails body edit control.

If this was done then each SPAM email would have to be individually typed rather than created with only 6 key-presses as it is now (CTR+C then CTR+V into name, subject and body).
    Jesus saves but only Buddha makes incremental backups.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranticus View Post
    OP, why separate asia from america AND europe? what are you insuinating here? that all plat farmers are asians? i take offense to your post becoz you fail to realise that plat farming occurs throughout the world, not just in asia. there are sweat shops in central america and some other undeveloped countries too. the only difference is the scale and cost factor. china has the advantage of cheap labour, korea has the advantage of technology.

btw the way... my country (singapore) is in asia
    Since you don't live in the U.S., I'm assuming that you don't fully understand the situation here. Being an Asian American citizen living in California (the most diversified state in the entire union), I can tell you that the land of the free isn't quite as tolerant as the commercials would have you believe. Granted, it's came a LONG way since the civil rights days but sentiments and comments like that are nothing new here in America. I guess it's can be like that in every part of the world but hey, at least you get kind of used to it after a while.
    Last edited by blah77; 07-12-2007 at 03:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blah77 View Post
    Since you don't live in the U.S., I'm assuming that you don't fully understand the situation here. Being an Asian American citizen living in California (the most diversified state in the entire union), I can tell you that the land of the free isn't quite as tolerant as the commercials would have you believe. Granted, it's came a LONG way since the civil rights days but sentiments and comments like that are nothing new here in America. I guess it's can be like that in every part of the world but hey, at least you get kind of used to it after a while.
    as a matter of fact i do. studied american history n culture in uni. what i'm pointing out is the delibrate racist attempt by the OP. maybe hes ignorant of the ELUA but i gave him the benefit of doubt.
    If you want to know why...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balthazar No Oni View Post
    Almost all of the plat farmin is done in China, and most of them DO speak broken, if any, english.
    How good is your Mandarin?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by barecm View Post
    The only issue is that posting a derrogatory ethnic comment is against the forum code of conduct.
    Hmmm, generally I find it more of an issue when things offend my internal sense of right-and-wrong than forum codes of conduct...

Was this not ideas? People are contrary because the idea of legalizing plat trading in many's opinion is a bad move for many of the reasons given throughout the thread.

"Can't we just delete the spam, not buy the plat, and not get overly bent about those that do? Make the in-game exchange of in-game goods easier, i.e., let the brokers hold a set amount of items, dropping off the oldest. That away the NPC brokers will always have something to sell, thus encouraging more in-game legitimate trade. The coming changes to the auction house will help. If we get guild banks, that will also help the sanctioned exchange of in-game goods. We do not need real cash exchanged for in-game goods, that moves us the wrong direction. It's like legalizing meth to get rid of meth dealers, "look we've got rid of those dirty meth dealers and now have everyone using it legally!"

Home Town Stormreach, Sarlona
    Guild - The Misfits.

Kahil - lvl 12 Paladin/2 Fighter (Main)
    Alamitra - lvl 11 Paladin (Just Call him the Big Gimper)
    Vitiate - lvl 12 32pt Cleric
    Veracious - lvl 2 32pt Cleric
    Philodox - lvl 3 32pt Barbarian
    Coming soon an Arcane Spellcaster or another Paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRandy1 View Post

well there technically already is a cap on the AH.
    R.I.P. Xoriat 8/2/07 ______________[]Ninja Posts:726.5 bunninja is watching
    Information from devs ______________Member of Cupcake's Muskateers!____
    /wearing a Jiffy Pop pan tinfoil hat made by shecky

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12