Community Member

Default 15 seconds, are you kidding me??

This post has been long overdue, but it is time now.

You can't be serious, Turbine, are you? I mean, the Titanic Docent is useless to all warforged out there. You can't do anything for 15 seconds, and in all honesty, the **** out there hits for more than 30 points of damage anyway. Hell, Orges and trolls hit like ******* even without raged. Make something useful for warforged. I mean..I know we are the bastard race of Ebberron, and 75% of the players would love to see the race erased form teh game...but jeez guys..15 seconds is a slap in the face.

Would like to see 2 minutes...Then we could actually do something.
    Founder of The Venerated.
    I can't keep reputation.

I don't know. . . I could find some uses for it in a battle. . .

I think it's more meant to be an item to help get you out of trouble, though. 15 seconds is long enough to help you fight back whatever your group is fighting, and help even the odds if you're overwhelmed. . .

While I don't have the Docent since I've never been in the Titan Raid. . . I'd gladly take it. It's a nice item, to me at least.

-D
    Thelanis - Warforged Shield of the <Fellowship of the Golden Night>

yes yes ... erase them from the game!!! I wish I could smite them all !!!

Community Member

No..it's not enough time..believe me..I tried. They still hit you through the 30 DR, though it isn't as much, granted..you are still getting softened up for when it does run out..then you are dead. 15 seconds is not enough time to run away, if you need to.
    I can't keep reputation.

Sure, you're still getting hit, and will probably die when it runs out. But it still has the use of prolonging your death, at least. Plus, the Spell Resistance is nice. You will probably say that you're still going to get hit with spells. . . Well, um, yeah, of course. You're not supposed to be invulnerable with the thing.

And running away? I don't know of any group I've been in that has had to run away.

Again, it's still useful to some degree. Again, if you're looking for something that will make you invulnerable or something. . . I don't think you're going to get it. From looking at it, to me, it's designed to just slow down your death (Or stop it if you use it wisely), and help give you the edge in battle.

Plus, look at it logic-wise. You just killed a Warforged Titan. Warforged have Docents. It would make sense to get his Docent.

If you don't want it, though, send it my way. I know I'll put it to good use, and I don't know of many other Forged that complain about it, so send them any extras you have. ^^

-D
    Thelanis - Warforged Shield of the <Fellowship of the Golden Night>

Quote Originally Posted by Azoralq View Post
    This post has been long overdue, but it is time now.

You can't be serious, Turbine, are you? I mean, the Titanic Docent is useless to all warforged out there. You can't do anything for 15 seconds, and in all honesty, the **** out there hits for more than 30 points of damage anyway. Hell, Orges and trolls hit like ******* even without raged. Make something useful for warforged. I mean..I know we are the bastard race of Ebberron, and 75% of the players would love to see the race erased form teh game...but jeez guys..15 seconds is a slap in the face.

On the docent it would be nice if they tweak it but I really doubt if 75% of players want wf gone I know I dont.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Azoralq View Post
    Two minutes of DR 30 would be overpowered. Even 1 minute would be.

But you are correct that 15 sec of DR 30 is underpowered. Considering the delay of more than 1 second to activate a clicky, its not much time. The problem is compounded because the two most popular classes for Warforged are Wizards and Barbarians. Both those classes lose the ability to use clickies when they go into melee combat (either because of Tenser's Transformation or Barbarian Rage), so a short-duration clicky is especially useless to them.

If the item gave twice the duration with half the DR, it'd be better, even though 30 sec of DR 15 is still underpowered for raid loot. 45 sec of DR 15 would be acceptable, I think.

Its a clicky of DR 30/SR 30 that is on a +5 enhancement bonus docent; docents swap as fast as robes. I think its awesome.

15 Seconds is good for one combat.

I JUST WANT ONE DARN IT....

then ill let you know my oppinion.
    R.I.P. Xoriat 8/2/07 ______________[]Ninja Posts:726.5 bunninja is watching
    Information from devs ______________Member of Cupcake's Muskateers!____
    /wearing a Jiffy Pop pan tinfoil hat made by shecky

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

I don't have a wf, but I do have clickies. I think it should last as long as any enhancement does. Which means 20 seconds.

Community Member

Sure, you're still getting hit, and will probably die when it runs out. But it still has the use of prolonging your death, at least. Plus, the Spell Resistance is nice. You will probably say that you're still going to get hit with spells. . . Well, um, yeah, of course. You're not supposed to be invulnerable with the thing.

And running away? I don't know of any group I've been in that has had to run away.

Again, it's still useful to some degree. Again, if you're looking for something that will make you invulnerable or something. . . I don't think you're going to get it. From looking at it, to me, it's designed to just slow down your death (Or stop it if you use it wisely), and help give you the edge in battle.

Plus, look at it logic-wise. You just killed a Warforged Titan. Warforged have Docents. It would make sense to get his Docent.

If you don't want it, though, send it my way. I know I'll put it to good use, and I don't know of many other Forged that complain about it, so send them any extras you have. ^^
    Invulnrable? Of course not. You are still getting hit..from ogres and trolls, and the like, for sometimes more than 40hp on a non-crit. That's 10hp OVER the DR...thank god I have heavy fortification.

Direct Damage spells still hit you, that's the way it should be, so there is a way to kill a guy with 2 minutes of Titan Shield.

The SR is nice. I like that aspect of it more than the DR.

2 minutes is not overpowered, considering, as I said above, you are still getting hit for WAY more than the DR, and direct spells obliterate you still. It would be, however, overpowered in the PvP pit. I know few people that can regularly hit for over 30hp of damage, without criting. 2 minutes of that in there would destory.

I'd settle for a one minute clicky though. Maybe 40 seconds, like a Divine Power. Anything lower is a joke.

P.S. I've had the Titan Docent for a little under a year now..I NEVER use it..save for maybe..two times..and I STILL died faster than I should have. Literally, one or two hits was absorbed the the docent, then it was gone, then I died...and I wasn't trying to fight with it on..I was trying to lessen damage to me, so I could have a better chance to raise fallen comrades.

But..what does it matter? There isn't a dev here that will Read this, let alone respond.
    I can't keep reputation.