Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cowdenicus View Post
    Based on population numbers, it would seem Turbine isn't really targetting anybody, with great success.
    LOL Good point.

all raids should be exactly like current static reward sytems now.

You do the chain, then the raid, get some crappy chest at the end. FO, talk to the NPC.

NPC gives you a choice of bound items, 2 of which are the named raid items, the rest are random bound items that are a couple levels better than you would have gotten otherwise.

You wont get the 1 item your looking for everytime, maybe not even on the 10th time - but you get something, and something better than just random level 6 chest items, maybe level 8 if your lucky.

A lot more people would actually enjoy raids if they knew they would get something at the end, not yet another chest full of rocks, and the joy of watching someone else get the 1 item they have been trying to get for 2 months.

If the game is not about fun and rewards - what game has everyone else been playing for 20 years?

Oh yeah, and once EVERYONE gets something, and what one person gets has no impact on whether someone else gets an item or not - THEN people will actually maybe have 12 person raids again.

Right now people exclude others because more people = less loot per person. That is a poor system for cooperation. it would be a lot more fun sometimes to try a raid with a lot of people, but that doesnt happen anymore except for the Titan where you need more people to pull levers and go down separate hallways - otherwise people would short the Titan too (and some can apparently)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riggs View Post
    Oh yeah, and once EVERYONE gets something, and what one person gets has no impact on whether someone else gets an item or not - THEN people will actually maybe have 12 person raids again.
    Once again, encouraging players to bring 12 guys to a raid simply to multiply the amount of loot produced is a bad idea.

The reason to want more players in a raid should be because the raid is so hard any fewer people would fail.

Anyway, the DDO system doesn't really work well with 12 players (neither does the PnP D&D system), so the devs shouldn't try to hard to encourage that kind of thing.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dormetheus View Post
    This post sounds incredibly greedy. What did you pull from the end chest?

Also, if EVERYONE on the raid got end raid loot, what would be the point of ever doing it again? Seriously, who would run it more than twice?

DDO is working a small population game. They're already giving away too much, and now you want more?

These raids would never get run.
    I would rather see this instead of the situation in our guild. 100+ runs in the Velah raid and people STILL do not have what they are looking for.

Nor can I count how many people opt to do smaller raids with less people for better chances to get raid loot. Honestly, I don't blame the people for leaving the guild over raid loot distribution. The bottom line is, people want the loot. They are only going to be in a place where they are going to get the best chances for it.

Only a VERY small percentage of players (players, mind you, not FORUM participants) play "just to have fun". Everyone wants a piece of shiny raid loot.

Instead of raids being a good time with 12 people, they are exclusive little outings for 5 or fewer people. That's the only way the 4 hours of prep time become justified.

A year later and Turbine STILL has not even commented on the raid loot system. Which everyone is in agreement on that it NEEDS change. Not necessarily MORE loot, or LESS, just that it needs to be looked at and improved.

Get with it.

I am not directing this post at anyone, this is just kind of my generalization in raid loot.....

Personally being a vet of quite a few MMO's and in particular one of the worlds best EQ2 raiding guilds at the time (not anymore). I can speak from firsthand experience there is not one MMO that I have ever played where the ENTIRE raid expected to get something "Uber" or whatever. I can remember
    countless times where I raided a contested mob (For those that dont know, these are particular NPC's in EQ's gameworld that spawn on average every 2 weeks or more and you have to get it before other guilds have the chance) and not gotten one stinking thing from a chest of 3 items. But ya know what? Oh well....thats part of raiding unfortunately....you wont always get an item....but when you do you can be rest assured that NOT everyone and their mother has this item and it is something to feel special about.

Personally, I like the way the raid loot system runs now. If anything to improve, I REALLY liked the idea a few of you brought up with maybe stacking the chest with 3 or 4 different raid items and letting the lucky 2 have their pick....That would definately be alot better then beating the reaver on elite again and seeing 2 sets of ventlated bracers ::::whince::::

BTW Before I go any further I want you to know the rest of this post has nothing to do with the way YOUR PUG or GUILD distributes the wards...that is ALL of YOUR prerogative and has nothing to do with this

I don't think the correct solution to this problem is "farming" tokens or however say so that "everyone gets a fair shot". To put it frankly, IMHO, thats ****, and takes the entire point/fun out of raiding.... Honestly why does everyone deserve to have a "Above average" item everytime, or be guaranteed one after farming X amount of tokens??? I have posted an example of what this would do on another post and it goes like this... Take for example the delving suit from VoN 6 (the reallllly nice chain shirt that hardly drops). The reason majority of your chain wearing classes do this mission is so that they have a shot at getting this armor. And by having this armor this sets you apart from the crowd. It is very distinguishable as apposed to the cookie cutter +4 or +5 mith chain shirt everyone else has on. Now if every random toon had this or whatever other item you can imagine it then becomes an ESSENTIAL and not a Milestone. Which is why you raid in the first place...to have a shot at these uber loots. Nothing more to me screams "Hit the easy button" then giving everyone a raid item....

And just to clerify.. Yes I do have a few raid items on my toons because I choose to raid every oppurtunity I get. It is one of the fun things I enjoy about this game. Granted they aren't as extravagant as EQ2 but they are still fun to me and I understand I have a chance at something great if we succeed. But there have also been numerous times where I did not win something or did not roll on something....I didn't get bent out of shape or think for one second that they need to change something... I realize thats how raids work...if you want something that good then you will do it until you get it. Regardless of either you believe it or not.... It is the exact same concept in doing a million PoP runs....Why is it everyone hopes for the beholder room??? Kardins Eye!!! Why is it everyone hopes for the ice room?? Spiked boots!!!!.. So what?, If I am in a pop group and someone gets Kardins eye I should be upset because they got it and I got a heavy shield and leather armor that my caster doesnt use? No! lol I do the same thing I do in a raid when I dont win... Say grats, and cross my fingers for next time and be a good sport.
    Last edited by Eradacator; 07-03-2007 at 08:56 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123