Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Founder The_Old_Sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    203

    Default Running low level quests at high levels..

    This may seem lazy of me, but it seems pointless that a character who is high enough level so that doing a given quest on elite yields no experience must still do the quest on normal and hard in order to unlock it on elite.

    Would it not make sense to allow high level characters who, if they get NO experience from a given quest set on elite, would be able to avoid having to repeat the quest on normal and hard and immediately be able to unlock it on elite?

    Just a thought...
    The Old Sage

    Masgard Dragonfyre - Wizard
    Yoru Doragon - Tanking Rogue
    Thorigar Icerender - Fighter
    Ronin - Ranger
    Percivale of the Grail - Paladin
    Aerion Bladesong - Bladesinger

  2. #2
    Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    13,518

    Default

    It would... On another hand it can usually be easily avoided by ensuring you run all quests at least up to hard as you level up your first character. On subsequent characters you only need to care about the quest chains.

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    buffalo, NY
    Posts
    3,841

    Default

    It would make great sense from our standpoint. It would however defeat the whole purpose they added favor. Time sink.

    Best advice I could give you is to do the elite content at the level appropriate times. If you are simply leveling, it makes it a little less tedious, though it is a tad slower. I had to go back and do 80% of the elite content with may original favor character so I know where you are coming from though.

  4. #4

    Default

    But how would Turbine ensure that you spent 3times the amount of time running it. They have to keep you busy somehow!

  5. #5
    Community Member Zenako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    8,798

    Default

    You can also just ask for someone to quick join and open it on elite for you and then they leave. Have seen this done quite a few times. Perhaps someone hanging at the AH would be willing to join so you can open or they open it. With no EXP at stake, should be no real problem, then you just run it once. Simple solution to your dilemna.
    Sarlona - The Ko Brotherhood :Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8+4E; Hennako-Human Cleric22; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15; lots more

  6. #6

    Default

    No, I'm afraid I disagree with the OP. If you want to skip the lower lvl quests when you can get exp for them, that's your choice. Myself, I try not too. Mostly because I know I'm going to to go for max favor on all my 'toons. It's just easier, and smarter, to do them when you can get exp for them. Rather than zerging ahead to get SC done at lvl 4. And to continue it, and a few others til you only get 50 exp from them....

    So yeah, you can skip them, but you'll end up paying a small price for it later...
    So many idiots, so few comets....

    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    And by "Yes", I mean "No".

  7. #7
    Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    17,766

    Default

    If we don't get XP, we should be able to open them on elite. As it is it just forces us to form parties where everyone says, wait my other char has this on elite, they swich, we open, they come back. It adds annoyance without adding anything to game play (and doesn't even force us to run it 3 times so what does Trubine gain?)

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorien the First One View Post
    If we don't get XP, we should be able to open them on elite. As it is it just forces us to form parties where everyone says, wait my other char has this on elite, they swich, we open, they come back. It adds annoyance without adding anything to game play (and doesn't even force us to run it 3 times so what does Trubine gain?)
    Then you should have done it to at least hard at the appropriate level, the fact that you are doing it on normal, tells me these chars were power leveled to a certain extent, to which I have no problem as we have all done it, but you chose not to do the quests at the right level to begin with so, no I have to disagree
    Fallen former minion of the Gelatinous Cube
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

  9. #9
    Community Member Mercules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Spring Park, MN
    Posts
    6,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Old Sage View Post
    This may seem lazy of me, but it seems pointless that a character who is high enough level so that doing a given quest on elite yields no experience must still do the quest on normal and hard in order to unlock it on elite.

    Would it not make sense to allow high level characters who, if they get NO experience from a given quest set on elite, would be able to avoid having to repeat the quest on normal and hard and immediately be able to unlock it on elite?

    Just a thought...
    No... it doesn't make sense. Favor was put in for 2 reasons and this run contrary to both.

    Reason 1: People complained about no one doing the "less popular" quests. Favor causes people to go play a quest they may not have done otherwise.

    Reason 2: Something to keep you busy. I have no illusions that Favor is a time-sink. I don't like time-sinks but I jumped through the hoop for my 32 point characters.

    The ideal way to gain favor, which makes it less tedious and annoying, is to do some of those quests on Normal and Hard at appropriate levels and Elite before capped. From experience, it helps a lot. There are still quests I would consider finding someone who can open it on elite so it need to only be done once(the caravan comes to mind), but for the most part this is a much nicer way to gain favor.

    I've never understood the people who think it is stupid to have to run the same quest three times for favor instead of once, but then think nothing of running Goodblade's and Low Road to Elite, Osgood's a half dozen times, WW 4-5 times, STK 4 times, TR forever, Gwylans several times, SC over and over, Greymoon Co6 and then Tempest Spine until they get no XP for it. You will repeat Giant Caves for no XP or favor, but not Taming the Flames for Favor?
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."
    -Barry LePatner

  10. #10
    Founder The_Old_Sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArkoHighStar View Post
    Then you should have done it to at least hard at the appropriate level, the fact that you are doing it on normal, tells me these chars were power leveled to a certain extent, to which I have no problem as we have all done it, but you chose not to do the quests at the right level to begin with so, no I have to disagree
    There is only so much "powerlevelling" possible in the game, except perhaps to group with slightly higher level players and do only the quests that yield decent experience for the amount of time invested.

    Simply due to the fact that one can just invite someone to unlock on elite and then drop group, the excercise of doing a quest on normal, hard and elite is a sham.

    I just hope the devs recognize this and adjust things accordingly.
    The Old Sage

    Masgard Dragonfyre - Wizard
    Yoru Doragon - Tanking Rogue
    Thorigar Icerender - Fighter
    Ronin - Ranger
    Percivale of the Grail - Paladin
    Aerion Bladesong - Bladesinger

  11. #11
    Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    17,766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArkoHighStar View Post
    Then you should have done it to at least hard at the appropriate level, the fact that you are doing it on normal, tells me these chars were power leveled to a certain extent, to which I have no problem as we have all done it, but you chose not to do the quests at the right level to begin with so, no I have to disagree
    Bull. At L1&2 I only group with people 1 level away from me to avoid XP problems. After that I group with any appropriate group (sometimes +3, sometimes -3). I often spend extra time at each levelling up. You however don't have to finish all the L1 content to get to L2. The level 2 content to get to L3, etc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload