Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Founder Aesop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    In the great state of Confusion
    Posts
    8,540

    Default What did one cow say to the other...

    MOOOOOOO... they're cows after all


    OK so I was thinking about this last night while trying not to think about the job that I was at. A few additions I'd like to see some are rementioned .


    1. Leafweave Armor... its to leather based armors what mithril is to Metal Based. It would make things happier...for me at least

    2. Reserve Feats... its like spell casting but it isn't. This lets casters dish out a little damage or gain useful effects with limited application without blowing through SP at an insane rate. The damage isn't enough to replace the staple spells and since they count as Supernatural Abilities they can't be metamagicked up to be too uber...but still they would virtually solve the useless feeling some Casters get when they are running and worried about SP levels.

    3. Knightly Training... ok this was something I thought of specifically last night. The Feat Knightly Training allows one other class to be multiclassed with Paladin with no penalty in pnp... but here that restriction doesn't exist. What does exist is Enhanements and you can't get certain enhancments til you reach a certain level in that class. What if we made this Feat(and other Feats like it) grant a number of effective levels of the class so people could get those enhancements that they want. Of course you'd have to actually have the class to open this option up and it would still be limited by your Character level but say a Pally4 Fighter 6 wanted to take a 6th level Pally Enhancement. This Feat would make him count as having 6 Pally levels for purposes of getting enhancments. As this costs one of the very limited Feats it shouldn't be over powered as the other requirements still have to be met.
    The problem would come from someone respecing out the Feat I suppose but I guess if they did that they just wouldn't have access to the Enhancement Point til they respeced the Enhancements. Byut other Feats could be

    Monastic Training (Monk)
    Battle Hardened (Fighter)
    Scholarly Training (Wizard)
    Dragon Touched (Sorceror)
    Versitile Performer (Bard)
    Woodwarden (Ranger)
    Berserker (Barbarian)
    Nature Walker (Druid)
    Divine Inspiration (Cleric)
    Jack of All Trades (Rogue)

    or something like these anyway... The bonus would be between 2-4 ... at least in my vision of how it would wrok and each could only be taken once per class. This coiuld open up a whole can of worms but I think it would add in a bit of diversity to builds and make for some interesting combos.

    Anyway that's all for now... I need sleep


    Aesop

  2. #2
    Community Member Teufel_Hunden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    442

    Default

    Leafweave armor: I love this idea. A naturalist, like a ranger, probably wouldn't like to wear metal, even if it is mithril. Look at sub-races, like the Kagnosti (for example. I know, i know, different world) or normal Wild Elves. They are based on the Native American tribes in their attitude toward nature, their use of items (specifically bone, leather, flint etc...), general outlook etc... They wouldn't be caught dead wearing metal armor. But here, we have to if we want to obtain the best possible AC while wearing armor (this excludes those ranger cross-dressers, what with their robes decorated with sequence on.) It would provide a more RP perspective to the "Natural" classes, ie. Rangers and Druids.

    On a related note, I would also petition for an enhancement similar to the Fighter's armor Mastery (the one that gives armor +1 to max dex/level). This enhancement would be available to Rangers and Druids (possibly rogues as well) and would only apply to Leather based armor. Call it something like Nature's Fluidity or some such.
    to be filled in....

  3. #3
    Community Member Katrina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    In a gum drop house on lollipop lane!
    Posts
    1,320

    Default

    I love the Leafweave sugestion!
    New armour graphics would be awesome and Leafweave would be a fanstaic choice as apose to robes for your rangers
    Meh.....

  4. #4
    Community Member Mad_Bombardier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teufel Hunden View Post
    On a related note, I would also petition for an enhancement similar to the Fighter's armor Mastery (the one that gives armor +1 to max dex/level). This enhancement would be available to Rangers and Druids (possibly rogues as well) and would only apply to Leather based armor. Call it something like Nature's Fluidity or some such.
    Or could even apply to any organic armor: wood/plant based (Darkleaf Banded, Leafweave, Ironwood BP), cloth robes, etc.

  5. #5
    Founder Yndrofian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    a small corner of ohio
    Posts
    453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katrina View Post
    I love the Leafweave sugestion!
    New armour graphics would be awesome and Leafweave would be a fanstaic choice as apose to robes for your rangers
    leafweave could also grant +'s to yer hide checks while in 'natural' areas, like gateway to khyber, redwillow ruins, and kobold assault
    i know in the long run, the + to hide wouldnt make a huge difference, but it would be cool
    after all, how many times have you had barkskin on yerself in places and wondered 'how does the enemy even see me? I can hardly see me

    meh, a thought
    Yndrofian
    Officer of the
    Order of the Silver Dragon
    Argonnessen

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Genoa City, WI
    Posts
    33

    Talking

    Good call. I would love to be able to take a level of something after I take levels of paladin, then go back to paladin.

    Some new armor types are always a nice addition.

    Could you imagine the AC you could get out of a mithril chain shirt with a ranger that just poored everything into dex. Oh it would be sweet.
    Lo there I see my father, and my mother, and my sisters and my brothers. Lo there I see the whole line of my people, all the way back to the begining, in the kingdom of Valhala, where we may live forever.

  7. #7
    Community Member Tavok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BluePaladin24 View Post
    Good call. I would love to be able to take a level of something after I take levels of paladin, then go back to paladin.

    Some new armor types are always a nice addition.

    Could you imagine the AC you could get out of a mithril chain shirt with a ranger that just poored everything into dex. Oh it would be sweet.
    Not really because it caps out at 6 max dex. So thats 22 Dex, which can easily be attainted by most classes.

    And not sure what you mean by your first quote. You can go back to paladin after taking a level of paladin.

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Genoa City, WI
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tavok View Post
    Not really because it caps out at 6 max dex. So thats 22 Dex, which can easily be attainted by most classes.

    And not sure what you mean by your first quote. You can go back to paladin after taking a level of paladin.
    Sorry I don't type well.

    I would like the ability to take a 3 levels of paladin, then take 1 or 2 levels of something else, but then go back to paladin. but according to the rules once you depart from the path of paladin you can never return.
    Lo there I see my father, and my mother, and my sisters and my brothers. Lo there I see the whole line of my people, all the way back to the begining, in the kingdom of Valhala, where we may live forever.

  9. #9
    Founder TreknaQudane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Merritt Island, Florida
    Posts
    2,863

    Default

    Except DDO rules never really adhered to multiclassing. You can take paladin levels, take say fighter, then take more paladin
    [REDACTED]

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aesop View Post
    3. Knightly Training... ok this was something I thought of specifically last night. The Feat Knightly Training allows one other class to be multiclassed with Paladin with no penalty in pnp... but here that restriction doesn't exist. What does exist is Enhanements and you can't get certain enhancments til you reach a certain level in that class. What if we made this Feat(and other Feats like it) grant a number of effective levels of the class so people could get those enhancements that they want. Of course you'd have to actually have the class to open this option up and it would still be limited by your Character level but say a Pally4 Fighter 6 wanted to take a 6th level Pally Enhancement. This Feat would make him count as having 6 Pally levels for purposes of getting enhancments. As this costs one of the very limited Feats it shouldn't be over powered as the other requirements still have to be met.
    The problem would come from someone respecing out the Feat I suppose but I guess if they did that they just wouldn't have access to the Enhancement Point til they respeced the Enhancements. Byut other Feats could be

    Monastic Training (Monk)
    Battle Hardened (Fighter)
    Scholarly Training (Wizard)
    Dragon Touched (Sorceror)
    Versitile Performer (Bard)
    Woodwarden (Ranger)
    Berserker (Barbarian)
    Nature Walker (Druid)
    Divine Inspiration (Cleric)
    Jack of All Trades (Rogue)

    or something like these anyway... The bonus would be between 2-4 ... at least in my vision of how it would wrok and each could only be taken once per class. This coiuld open up a whole can of worms but I think it would add in a bit of diversity to builds and make for some interesting combos.
    I'd suggest modeling these off of Practiced Spellcaster.

    +4 levels, but not over your actual character level/HD.

    So a Paladin 2/Fighter 2 with Knightly Training would be an effective Paladin level 4 for meeting prerequisites. If he took two more fighter levels he'd be effective Paladin level 6. If he took two more fighter levels after that, he'd stay at effective Paladin level 6.
    Have a question about the Eberron Setting?
    Ask a Loremaster.

  11. #11
    Founder Aesop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    In the great state of Confusion
    Posts
    8,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MysticTheurge View Post
    I'd suggest modeling these off of Practiced Spellcaster.

    +4 levels, but not over your actual character level/HD.

    So a Paladin 2/Fighter 2 with Knightly Training would be an effective Paladin level 4 for meeting prerequisites. If he took two more fighter levels he'd be effective Paladin level 6. If he took two more fighter levels after that, he'd stay at effective Paladin level 6.
    Yeah I was thinking that... but I wasn't sure if 4 was too much. I thought maybe 2 might be a good level ... but hey if 4 is good I'd love it


    Aesop

  12. #12

    Default

    watch it with the cow jokes.
    Clerics of Fernia
    King of Stormreach
    (and if you disagree with me, then you can treat me like a Nintendo Cartridge )

  13. #13
    Founder Aesop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    In the great state of Confusion
    Posts
    8,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowdenicus View Post
    watch it with the cow jokes.
    MOOO

    KNock knock

    Who's...

    MOOOOOO

    ...there?

    Interrupting cow

    Aesop

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aesop View Post
    MOOO

    KNock knock

    Who's...

    MOOOOOO

    ...there?

    Interrupting cow

    Aesop
    BAH
    Clerics of Fernia
    King of Stormreach
    (and if you disagree with me, then you can treat me like a Nintendo Cartridge )

  15. #15
    Founder Aesop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    In the great state of Confusion
    Posts
    8,540

    Default

    "He was a scrawny calf who looked kinda woozy no one suspected he was packing an uzi"

    name that tune


    Aesop

  16. #16
    Founder Aesop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    In the great state of Confusion
    Posts
    8,540

    Default

    Oh yeah I remember what I was gonna put in...

    Could we add this spell in from the Complete Champion


    Light of Wisdom
    clr 3
    duration 1rnd/lvl or until discharged
    increase effective turn level by 1 per 3 caster levels.

    That wold help our poor clerics out with all these insane Undead Mobs


    Aesop

  17. #17
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aesop View Post
    "He was a scrawny calf who looked kinda woozy no one suspected he was packing an uzi"

    name that tune


    Aesop
    Cows with Guns...but I can't for the life of me remember who the performer was. When I first heard it, the people I knew told me that it was Steve Martin...but I looked it up and found out it was someone else...Dana Lyons, maybe? I don't know.

  18. #18
    Founder Aesop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    In the great state of Confusion
    Posts
    8,540

    Default

    Kept reading the spells from Complete Champion book

    Light of Faith
    clr 2
    1rnd/lvl or til Discharge

    +1 Sacred/Profane per 2 Divine Caster level to Turn Check (max +5)


    Light of Purity
    clr 4
    1 rnd/lvl or til discharged

    +1d6 Turn Damage per 4 caster levels (max 5d6)


    Light of Courage
    clr 6
    1 rnd/lvl or til Discharge

    1d8 damage per 2 caster levels to all undead you try to turn... whether you succeed or not (max 10d6)


    lets throw those in and then I think clerics will be good for Turning


    Aesop

  19. #19
    Founder Aesop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    In the great state of Confusion
    Posts
    8,540

    Default

    More stuff ... I had an idea last night.

    The Ascetic and Devoted Feats from the Complete Adventurer allow a certain flexibilty between some of the strooger restriction classes (ie Pally and Monk) also what I didn't mark down was that the feats allowed free Multiclassing betweeen the two classes

    Ascetic Hunter Prereq: Improved Unarmed Strike, Favored Enemy
    Monk and ranger levels stack for unarmed damage, favored enemy bonus improves stunning DC


    Ascetic Knight Prereq: Improved Unarmed Strike, smite evil
    Monk and paladin levels stack for unarmed damage and smite evil damage


    Ascetic Mage Prereq: Improved Unarmed Strike, spontaneous 2nd-level arcane
    Monk and sorceror levels stack for AC bonus (Cha-based), sacrifice spell to gain spells bonus on unarmed strike

    Ascetic Rogue Prereq: Improved Unarmed Strike, sneak attack
    Monk and rogue levels stack for sneak attack damage, unarmed strike sneak attack gains improved stunning DC


    Devoted Inquisitor Prereq: Smite evil, sneak attack
    Use smite evil and sneak attack togetherto daze a foe


    Devoted Performer Prereq: Bardic music, smite evil
    Paladin and bard levels stack for smite evil and bardic music

    Devoted Tracker Prereq: Track, smite evil, wild empathy
    Special mount becomes animal companion, and paladin and ranger levels stack for smite evil and wild empathy


    So this is what they say and many of the bonuses don't really apply so what if we take the ones that do and add in that they allow levels of each class to stack for enhancment purposes... ie a Pally Monk with Aesthetic Knight would add their Pally and Monk levels together to determine which enhancements they had access to.

    Also with Devoted Performer you could drop the initial prereq and let it allow a Pally to pick up Bard levels thus negating the alignment restriction of Bard. As these cost a feat and Enhancments still will cost points it shouldn't be too unbalanced and it would open up a slew of new character concepts.



    anyway thats another idea there

    Aesop

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload