Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33
  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimpster View Post
    No. The current system of increasing the cap by steps of 2 is unfair to wizards and non-multiclassed casters, who by the PnP rules are supposed to get new spell levels faster than sorcerers do.
    They may not get them noticeably faster but they still get more of them faster.

    Reduction in the number of high level spell slots is the reason I haven't multiclassed my caster.
    Have a question about the Eberron Setting?
    Ask a Loremaster.

  2. #22
    Community Member Mad_Bombardier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimpster View Post
    As opposed to what happened with module 4, where you killed 1 giant to hit level 13, and then ran Prison of the Planes five times to hit level 14?
    At least poor Threnal Giant #1 is now safe from poachers. At lvl 14, he no longer grants XP for killing him.

    (you have to go in and kill the Giant Roadblock 4 ogres, 2 hill giants for 29XP to level to 15 in future Mods)

  3. #23
    Community Member Mad_Bombardier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorien the First One View Post
    They were going to stop us at the +4 AP point and people SCREAMED at even that loss of 20% of their pre-earning potential
    I was all for it. I actually like the idea of needing to try the new upper level quests one rank below level before running them at level (you could, of course, rerun old quests to level then start new quests at level). But as you said, relentless nerd fury was unleashed on the forums at the mere mention of the idea.

  4. #24
    Community Member Sokar6000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nowhere for very long.
    Posts
    508

    Default

    No, DO NOT cap at level 17.

    DO NOT.

    EVER.

    CONSIDER.

    THIS.

    EVER.

    In order to maintain the power balance between wizards and sorcerers, (which, for the record, is already incredibly screwed up.) the level cap must be even.
    "Xorian born, Xorian sworn."
    Proud member of Madborn!

    Quote Originally Posted by seancrane2 View Post
    Like. Oh. My. Gawd. Sokar, you are like... SOOOOooo totally GORGEOUS!

  5. #25
    Community Member Mad_Bombardier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sokar6000 View Post
    In order to maintain the dominance of Sorcerers over Wizards (which, for the record, is already incredibly screwed up) the level cap must be even.
    Fixed that for ya. And the parenthetical makes soooo much more sense now.

  6. #26
    Community Member Sokar6000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nowhere for very long.
    Posts
    508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Bombardier View Post
    Fixed that for ya. And the parenthetical makes soooo much more sense now.

    Huh? Have you been living under a rock the past year? Wizards are so overpowered to sorcerers that seems almost pointless to play one.

    An increase in level cap to an odd level where my sorcerer becomes totally nerfed is the only thing I can see causing me to quit this game.
    "Xorian born, Xorian sworn."
    Proud member of Madborn!

    Quote Originally Posted by seancrane2 View Post
    Like. Oh. My. Gawd. Sokar, you are like... SOOOOooo totally GORGEOUS!

  7. #27
    Community Member Tavok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,188

    Default

    I think everyone is missing the point. He doesn't say "screw quests just throw in some spells and there ya go, its mod 5". He means to also throw in some new content, just not AS much as a normal mod would (say mod 4). This means that we get to level 20 quickly, allowing the devs to come up with much much more content then because they can focus SPEFICALLY on new quests/cool additions/etc.

  8. #28
    Community Member Tavok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sokar6000 View Post
    Huh? Have you been living under a rock the past year? Wizards are so overpowered to sorcerers that seems almost pointless to play one.

    An increase in level cap to an odd level where my sorcerer becomes totally nerfed is the only thing I can see causing me to quit this game.
    You can't be serious man lol.

    Think about it. As a sorcerer you get over 500 more mana than the average wizard. Pair this with faster casting times, and double bonus from a Mana Item, and you have sorcerers grossly over powering wizards. Not to mention the fact that sorcerers have enough CHA for an extremely high UMD (not saying that wizards can't get UMD, its just easier for Sorc's to achieve it).
    Last edited by Tavok; 06-30-2007 at 02:06 AM.

  9. #29
    Community Member Rog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,364

    Default please DONT 1 at a time

    Come on guy and girls one level cap at a time are you freaking nuts that like a one or 2 days game time ping i leveled gratz wait anouther 6 months to do it again. the bugs is a big problem that a lot programing to do it right even with a test server one little line can screw up the game. have to teams the one going with the by monthy update and the other working on the Big Project which would bring a massive game update and doulde the size of ddo there would still be bug issues there always bug issues.

  10. #30
    Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    17,767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tavok View Post
    You can't be serious man lol.

    Think about it. As a sorcerer you get over 500 more mana than the average wizard. Pair this with faster casting times, and double bonus from a Mana Item, and you have sorcerers grossly over powering wizards. Not to mention the fact that sorcerers have enough CHA for an extremely high UMD (not saying that wizards can't get UMD, its just easier for Sorc's to achieve it).
    A wizards gets more spells and the ability to change them. That's an incredible advantage. You also get a whole bunch of additional feats meaning your ability to cast metamagic and increase your DCs outstrips the Sorc. In exchange for slightly slower cast times, you also gain the spontaneous spell casting that is supposed to be only for Sorcerers and thereby you gain their biggest advantage for almost free. If you are a thinking player there is no doubt the Wiz is the more powerful caster.

    The Sorc just has a few more rounds in their gun.

  11. #31
    Community Member Brianius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Man It sells like fish, ohh wait fishing capital of us...that explains it.
    Posts
    818

    Default

    sorcs are behind by one level of spell casting compared to wizards so thats probably why they do 2 at a time and keep it at even levels.
    NO!! I wont correct my spelling/grammar, and yes I lack the power of typed word.
    Been to Ghallanda lately?
    Wanna have fun but not sure how? Here is your answer!

  12. #32
    Founder joker965's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sheboygan
    Posts
    1,130

    Default Yes

    Quote Originally Posted by Tavok View Post
    I think everyone is missing the point. He doesn't say "screw quests just throw in some spells and there ya go, its mod 5". He means to also throw in some new content, just not AS much as a normal mod would (say mod 4). This means that we get to level 20 quickly, allowing the devs to come up with much much more content then because they can focus SPEFICALLY on new quests/cool additions/etc.
    Thank you. This is exactly my point.
    Anything that doesn't kill us can still hurt really bad.

    The Joker

  13. #33

    Default

    Turbine has in no way proved they have the ability to in a reasonable time frame, smoothly do all the coding and upgrading required to go up 4 levels. They can't even get a database upgrade, or a performance upgrade right.

    No thanks on the 4 level step up. The pain would probably kill the game.
    http://www.dkforums.com - Look Mom it's a Guild forum, can I have one too?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload