Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
Results 221 to 225 of 225
  1. #221
    Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Hafeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    at a keyboard
    Posts
    6,301

    Default Sir Lawrence Feedback - My 2 cps

    When I began my subscription to DDO I thought there would be much more intereactive events than there have been. That being said, I would rather see dev effort go into fixing bugs and more content first; to me, live events are the icing on the cake.

    IF you are going to have such events though, I think DKerrigan and ThEndor have made some great points. The events are designed so you WILL give the items away, this event seemed to miss that point.

    If you want to offer an infinitesimal chance to get something (i.e,. a lottery), announce that you can gamble for unique items as a reward in the several taverns around town where they have the games.

    But the many posters here have great ideas which all come down to - make the events MORE interactive. Some trivia is ok. Some gameshow is ok - just broadcast the show more so you can take "ownership" of their success or failure.

    But mostly people want to use the gear they have acquired in the context of the game. Towns attacks, duels, dev appearances, hunts all go toward doing this.

    The big thing to me though is that you need to make the events more regular. with a greater range of times - (e.g., more than one 1/2 hour time slot on each server). If people know when regular events occur - they will plan for them and you will have more participation. The unique give-aways, I would guess, are fun for the devs, a creative opportunity.

    For example, the Festivus was great - but, to me, it implies it should happen again around the same time each season. Will it?

    I would love to get a Sir Lawrence response to all the great posts in this thread - even to acknowledge reading them and weighing them for what they are worth. It goes a long way to know that the feedback you are soliciting is being read and considered in some way.
    The evolution of DDO: Stormreach to Eberron Unlimited to Dungeons & Dragons Online
    -1- -2- -3- -4- -5- -6- -7- -8- -9- -10 - -11- -12!! years & still spawning kobolds
    From Turbine to SSG, who are the devs anyway? DDO Peeps Tracker


  2. #222
    Live Events Sir_Lawrence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tmdag4 View Post
    I would love to get a Sir Lawrence response to all the great posts in this thread - even to acknowledge reading them and weighing them for what they are worth. It goes a long way to know that the feedback you are soliciting is being read and considered in some way.
    Your command is my wish, Tmdag4!

    For the most part, I am tracking the various comments and letting everyone have their say - hence my silence. There are a lot of aspects regarding all live events which I must weigh with every one we've had to date. I'll discuss this again in more detail at some point in the future. For now, please continue with your feedback. We have some great stuff planned for the future!

  3. #223
    Community Member Namelessone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    245

    Default hmm

    My only question is this, is it at all possible to create an anti magic area that will not allow spells to be casted. I was at the reception and was annoyed to fernia that people would run in and cast an aoe spell and then run away. . . Really got old after oh say the first time.

  4. #224
    Founder Kylstrem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    College Station, TX
    Posts
    2,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Namelessone View Post
    My only question is this, is it at all possible to create an anti magic area that will not allow spells to be casted. I was at the reception and was annoyed to fernia that people would run in and cast an aoe spell and then run away. . . Really got old after oh say the first time.
    Heh... Give +Sir Lawrence a "Globe of Feeblemind" with a 100 foot radius. Anyone within the globe is feebleminded and can't cast spells nor click on clickies.

  5. #225
    Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Hafeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    at a keyboard
    Posts
    6,301

    Thumbs up Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Lawrence View Post
    Your command is my wish, Tmdag4!

    For the most part, I am tracking the various comments and letting everyone have their say - hence my silence. There are a lot of aspects regarding all live events which I must weigh with every one we've had to date. I'll discuss this again in more detail at some point in the future. For now, please continue with your feedback. We have some great stuff planned for the future!
    /salute Sir Lawrence

    Thank you! I look forward to getting your response to the full array of feedback you have received, and, of course, the next event!
    The evolution of DDO: Stormreach to Eberron Unlimited to Dungeons & Dragons Online
    -1- -2- -3- -4- -5- -6- -7- -8- -9- -10 - -11- -12!! years & still spawning kobolds
    From Turbine to SSG, who are the devs anyway? DDO Peeps Tracker


Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload