Thread: Von 6

Default Von 6

I know no one is doing this quest anymore, but has anyone tried Flesh 2 Stone on the mephits and flensers instead of pulling bases? I know you'd still have to either fascinate or otherwise dispose of the elemental, I but was in the Tor and said to myself "Duh! Why don't you try this in Von 6?" I just wanted to see if anyone else had tried that yet.
    ...the eyes of a ghastly white vampire stare back at you...his fangs gleam in the light from your torches and lanterns...In your heart, you know that most who have seen this face never lived to see another

The IS a save.... and they stay aggroed on ya while they are stoned.... As soon as they save they come looking for ya...
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Default You sure they aggro from F2S?

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    The IS a save.... and they stay aggroed on ya while they are stoned.... As soon as they save they come looking for ya...
    I haven't ever had one break before, so not sure. Besides with a heightened F2S the DC is 28 (33 CHA) every 60 seconds. Not very likely a save would be made by enough of em(I think they're level 10 monsters? Don't remember) at once to cause problems no?
    ...the eyes of a ghastly white vampire stare back at you...his fangs gleam in the light from your torches and lanterns...In your heart, you know that most who have seen this face never lived to see another

Give it a try and let us know how it goes.......

It only takes a couple mobs in the midst of buffing for the charge to really screw things up.....
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

hang a wiz/sorc/clr hang out some distance away..... *cast banishment*
    If you want to know why...

Quote Originally Posted by Aranticus View Post
    hang a wiz/sorc/clr hang out some distance away..... *cast banishment*
    Only problem with that is if they are killed banished ect they respawn. Hence the S2F thing. Thay are incapped/held/inert but not dead so no respawn.

You could try having the team stand at the entrance and stay there.

Have the base runner collect the mobs and bring them back to the entrance area like normal.

But, instead of dieing there, the party is waiting. Have the casters Hold/Stun/Dance/F2S/etc them. Repeat as necessary as mobs break free while the fighters are off taking care of the pillars.

Then finish off the elementals before crossing the bridge.

Haven't tried it like that yet. But, after thinking about this thread, that may be possible now.
    Thelanis, CureLite Bottling Co:
    Nen (Barb/Ranger, Founder) / Emeril (Cleric, Founder) / Kraxkit (Dex Ranger) /
    Klyde (DPS Barbarian) / Sojourne (Rogue, Trapsmith) / and many others

LOL, I hadn't thought about this, but the elementals should be immune to Flesh to Stone. They already are stone
    Freeman - Human Bard - Thelanis Fulfilling my duty to the ladies of Stormreach
    Yuvben(Halfling Rogue), Acana(Drow Sorcerer), Walket(Human Cleric), Mahoukami (WF Wizard), Knicapper(Horc Fighter), Pyetr(Human Bard), Mazinger (WF Barb), and Belcar(Halfling Ranger).

Flensers have SR. Most Giants in Tor dont.