Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1. #1

    Default Please fix fire shield

    Damage component is not scaling, at all. Not with items, nor enhancements, nor max/empower.

    Please fix this. If maximize is draining x3 sp per cast, should the damage not go up?

    I have /bugged this 5 times over the past few updates, and it has never been changed.

  2. #2

    Default

    Tested again last night - still bugged.

    Mighten we get a dev's acknowledgement or reply to this issue please?

  3. #3

    Default

    Tested with level 4 ice potion, fire shield:cold damage still did not increase.

  4. #4

    Default

    Just a little addition to this post...

    Was testing Fire Sheild (both Fire and Cold) on Kobolds in the Steam Tunnels with a 14th level wizard (cast normally - no enhancements): You hit Kobold for 13 points of fire damage. Consistently.

    Umm...isn't it supposed to do 1dX + caster level (with a maximum of +15)? So the minimum damage it should be doing at my level is 15 (14 +1dX) right??

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bradik Losdar View Post
    Just a little addition to this post...

    Was testing Fire Sheild (both Fire and Cold) on Kobolds in the Steam Tunnels with a 14th level wizard (cast normally - no enhancements): You hit Kobold for 13 points of fire damage. Consistently.

    Umm...isn't it supposed to do 1dX + caster level (with a maximum of +15)? So the minimum damage it should be doing at my level is 15 (14 +1dX) right??
    Maybe the kobolds were using some of those Shields of lesser Fire Resistance that everyone else throws away.

  6. #6
    Community Member Artagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riexau View Post
    Damage component is not scaling, at all. Not with items, nor enhancements, nor max/empower.

    Please fix this. If maximize is draining x3 sp per cast, should the damage not go up?

    I have /bugged this 5 times over the past few updates, and it has never been changed.
    I just submitted a bug myself, my fighting wizard is NOT fun without it

  7. #7

    Default

    It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't burn off 100sp with meta's. Seriously, if the meta's aren't increasing the damage, they shouldn't increase the spell cost.

  8. #8
    Community Member Kaboth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,290

    Default

    Yea, I can confirm this too, when they flash red numbers with max, empowered and extended going it cost like 150 mana for me (I think) and it does like 13 damage.

  9. #9

    Unhappy

    hmm i seem to have the same results..can we get a DEV response on this?????

  10. #10
    Community Member Kaboth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DBELVIN View Post
    hmm i seem to have the same results..can we get a DEV response on this?????

    This is probably low on their priority list, but it would be nice to get an acknowledgement of some sort about it from a DEV

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Oh look no dev response. Why? Because its obviously too expensive to have someone spend an hour a day to read everything in the development thread. Forums are just to keep the little paying customers busy and out of the big developers hair.

  12. #12
    Founder Riggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,460

    Default

    Firewall is also bugged with metamagic feats. You pay the mana, but randomly get the feats applied.

    Sometimes you get the full damage from Max/Empower, sometimes one, sometimes none. Cast firewall a bunch of times, and it often only does 60 damage, then suddenly the next one is doing 120, or 200. Yet your paying the same mana every time.

    Been broken since mod 4. Would be nice to have that fixed.

  13. #13

    Default

    Agreed - would love to hear a dev response with regards to fire shield.

  14. #14
    Community Member Venar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,874

    Default

    Since mod 4, many spells get affected by Maximize when they should not: Finger of death and contagion, for exemple.

    It's back to the Heighten MM and scortching ray days!

  15. #15

    Default

    I hope this gets fixed for 4.2

  16. #16
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Faerun
    Posts
    807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DBELVIN View Post
    hmm i seem to have the same results..can we get a DEV response on this?????
    You know what makes thinking, lucid people not want to respond to post, particularly those of the developer variety? Lead-fingers over punctuation keys.

    C'mon, guys, wthomgbbq?!ÂżĂ* and stuff.
    _________________________
    Give us better (any) testing tools on Risia and help stop the reign of obvious, and silly, bugs!

    Quote Originally Posted by EP_Harlow
    "At times, death alone bears the memo regarding a change in strategy." -EP Harlow

  17. #17
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Faerun
    Posts
    807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riggs View Post
    Firewall is also bugged with metamagic feats. You pay the mana, but randomly get the feats applied.

    Sometimes you get the full damage from Max/Empower, sometimes one, sometimes none. Cast firewall a bunch of times, and it often only does 60 damage, then suddenly the next one is doing 120, or 200. Yet your paying the same mana every time.

    Been broken since mod 4. Would be nice to have that fixed.
    I have noticed widely varied damage amounts in the same casting of firewall since 4.2

    I think this is a combination of 2 things: monsters making their reflex saves and taking half damage (Without an indicator to that), and the damage dice of firewall being adjusted back in like 4.0

    Previously damage spells were skewed. a 1d4 damage spell, I believe, was rolled as 1d2+2. Perhaps they intentionally or unintentionally reverted the damage dice to non-skewed factors.
    _________________________
    Give us better (any) testing tools on Risia and help stop the reign of obvious, and silly, bugs!

    Quote Originally Posted by EP_Harlow
    "At times, death alone bears the memo regarding a change in strategy." -EP Harlow

  18. #18
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spookydodger View Post
    I have noticed widely varied damage amounts in the same casting of firewall since 4.2

    I think this is a combination of 2 things: monsters making their reflex saves and taking half damage (Without an indicator to that), and the damage dice of firewall being adjusted back in like 4.0
    Wall of Fire does not have a reflex save. It does, however, do less damage if you are standing near, but not in, it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compendium
    Creates a wall of fire. This spell does 2d6 damage +1 per caster level (max 20) to enemies passing through it, 2d4 points of damage to nearby enemies, and double damage to undead.
    • NEW – Tip #52 no longer mistakenly says that the Jump skill reduces falling damage. The appropriate skill is, in fact, tumble.

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spookydodger View Post
    I have noticed widely varied damage amounts in the same casting of firewall since 4.2

    I think this is a combination of 2 things: monsters making their reflex saves and taking half damage (Without an indicator to that), and the damage dice of firewall being adjusted back in like 4.0

    Previously damage spells were skewed. a 1d4 damage spell, I believe, was rolled as 1d2+2. Perhaps they intentionally or unintentionally reverted the damage dice to non-skewed factors.
    This is true. I have noticed a bigger range of damage on my rogues sneak attacks.

    The important fact to remember is that d4+14 doesn't equal 13. It cannot equal 13. It's like winning at drownball.

    So for fire shield:

    The spell damage is messed up.
    The casting cost is messed up.
    The fire damage component isn't considered fire and yet is blocked by fire resistance.
    The cold damage component isn't considered cold and yet is blocked by cold resistance.

    About the only thing it does RIGHT is reduces elemental damage by half. And even that is messed up, because opposing damage is supposed to be doubled.

    C'mon guys. Save the fire shield. Save the world.

  20. #20

    Default

    Sigh - I guess turbine wants casters to stick to their haste-bot roles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload