Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Ring of the Ancestors

I have personally never had the chance to do Slavers of the Shreiking mines because it is a very rarely done quest these days. I was just wondering what the best strategy for obtaining these rings is? I'm thinking about getting a group together sometime to get one as they are so helpful. Thanks!

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Post a LFM for Shreiking Mines Loot Runs.....

True, Very few people care to do the whole quest anymore.. But MANY folks want one of those rings.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Community Member Symar-FangofLloth's Avatar

Didn't they change it so you have to do like half the quest now to get to that chest? Haven't ran it since then (although I want to).
    Former Xoriat-er. Embrace the Madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Symar-FangofLloth View Post
    Didn't they change it so you have to do like half the quest now to get to that chest? Haven't ran it since then (although I want to).
    no you just have to fight most of the stuff to get to the pit. Once you drop down to the door you all have to be at the door or you will be blocked off by a force barrier. (you cant drag the mind flayer through the trap anymore)

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Anyone got a map somewhere, or details as to which chest it's in exactly?

still not complicated to loot that chest, just im been unlucky , just pick a greater aberration bane and the flyer will be piece of cake.

the chest the the down the hole, close of the lava.
    ARGOMABAR Server
    Zorlinta Freespirit- Korlana Malataza
    Yeah, finally updated the signature so?

Community Member Symar-FangofLloth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huebacca View Post
    no you just have to fight most of the stuff to get to the pit. Once you drop down to the door you all have to be at the door or you will be blocked off by a force barrier. (you cant drag the mind flayer through the trap anymore)
    Ohh, so that's what they did. Never ever saw the flayer pulled through the trap anyway.
    Former Xoriat-er. Embrace the Madness.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by tihocan View Post
    Anyone got a map somewhere, or details as to which chest it's in exactly?
    its in the boss chest.
    into quest, take first right, run to end, fall in hole. its almost to the bottom, you know yer there cos there is a bigass pink crystal on the wall.

solid fog the passage, open door, drag flayer back so you don't have to deal with ogres, kill flayer, loot chest while ogres are still in fog

he has low physical saves, so stunning blow, cometfall, trip etc work wonders on him. easy solo on elite with a paladin or cleric.

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by squiddaddy View Post
    its in the boss chest.
    into quest, take first right, run to end, fall in hole. its almost to the bottom, you know yer there cos there is a bigass pink crystal on the wall.

solid fog the passage, open door, drag flayer back so you don't have to deal with ogres, kill flayer, loot chest while ogres are still in fog

he has low physical saves, so stunning blow, cometfall, trip etc work wonders on him. easy solo on elite with a paladin or cleric.
    Thanks, I actually tried it in the past couple of days and it's rather easy (though it's a red name so no stunning blow/trip , I just beat him up with my barbarian and hope not to roll a 1 on mind blast). Stripped the chest but still no ring... I'll be back next week

uh, that doesn't work anymore. there is a gate that can't be picked so you have to go straight and kill the mind flayer to be able to open an itty bitty chest. then open the gate and and follow the rest of the directions. they also added 3 or 4 doors on the way so its not a straight run to the hole anymore.

it can get frustrating. a guy i run with has pulled 6 or 7 rings out of that chest in about 25 runs (heck he pulled one the last time we were in there with the new update). i've pulled 1 in about 50 runs. of course, he also pulled a bloodstone the first time we ran the thirsty one's chest for it last week too. me? i'm stripped with a bunch of +3 darkwood clubs to show for it.

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by jkm View Post
    uh, that doesn't work anymore. there is a gate that can't be picked so you have to go straight and kill the mind flayer to be able to open an itty bitty chest.
    I ran it yesterday and you don't need to kill that flayer. You can just kill the two ogres in the room facing the gate.

Does running this quest on elite increase the chance that the ring will pop. Or is it the same chance regardless of difficulty, because it is a unique quest item?
    There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

The quest difficulty does not affect the chances that the ring will drop.

It does affect the quality of the rest of the loot though.
    Archangels - Thelanis

Kyrian - Dellek - Devestia - Harleaiquin - Nakano - Narizue - Xandek

Founder

I ran it on normal last night. We finished full quest as some needed it for flagging. I pulled the ring, only one that dropped.
    Thoughts of Kessa
    Co-Leader of the Travelers of the Veiled Path

Quote Originally Posted by jkm View Post
    uh, that doesn't work anymore. there is a gate that can't be picked so you have to go straight and kill the mind flayer to be able to open an itty bitty chest. then open the gate and and follow the rest of the directions. they also added 3 or 4 doors on the way so its not a straight run to the hole anymore.
    The tiny chest with the key is in the open room across from the gate and in the monkey room down the hall and in the other monkey room down the hall and in the mind flayer room down the hall.

If you want to kill the mind flayer, more power to you.
    Kromb Goldheart - dwarven cleric of the 14th level
    Jacoh Altraeds - human roguebard 2/12
    Ottos - level 14 charming dark elf bard
    Jazon Archer - human fighting archer (4 palladin/2 rogue/8 fighter - 32pnt)

Quote Originally Posted by Symar-FangofLloth View Post
    theres a new door, which you have to kill a flayer to get to, then once thats done, use solid fog clickie on the soinc trap, then bring the flayer in ther and kill him. pretty simple
    yoyo~

Phage The Untouchable lvl14sorc(cap'd)
    Akroma Angel of Wrath lvl14ftr(cap'd)
    Fletching lvl14rgr(cap'd)
    Liberator lvl7pal/1rog
    Khyber - The Horde

Store: http://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread...435#post962435

Zoidberg! WooWOoWooWOO

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    It's like having a +5 Holy Cold Iron Fragment of the Silver Flame that you can hit people with.

I posted a video showing how I do this run with my arcanes.

http://users.tpg.com.au/jagil/VFC20070429_002.avi

The run was a little sloppier than usual (even missed the runway at the bottom) but you get the point. When I was doing the drop down the hole, I was testing turning the ogres to stone then charming them. I usually turn invisible or hypnotise some of the ogres so I don't get shot at.
    My hope was that once they revert from stone, they'd kill their slaves and reset the quest quickly for me rather than me having to wait 5 minutes. I didn't charm enough of them for this work in this particular run.

Its also a little tricky trying to play with your interface switched off, but was a much better view.
    Last edited by Majere_Aumar; 05-30-2007 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldheart View Post
    The tiny chest with the key is in the open room across from the gate and in the monkey room down the hall and in the other monkey room down the hall and in the mind flayer room down the hall.

If you want to kill the mind flayer, more power to you.
    well that's good to know. we were fast flagging someone the last time i was in there and skipped the optional monkey men. if its by the ogres i normally kill them anyway so that doesn't slow the run down too much. my problem with my sorc is if i take to long and the the outside instance resets. when i zone out its instadeath from that stupid ogre before i know whats going on.

Are there any videos or maps for traveling through the underground tunnels to get the quests and get to the gate of the quests. I can never find my way without telporting or even if I can teleport.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rabrams99 View Post
    Are there any videos or maps for traveling through the underground tunnels to get the quests and get to the gate of the quests. I can never find my way without telporting or even if I can teleport.
    This helped me out a bunch...
    http://ddo.enterwiki.net/page/Restless_Isles
    Trisht - Halfling - 14 Fighter
    Trishttt - Drow - 7 Wizzy
    Derretth - Drow - 7 Fighter/Pally

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast