Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Maximize Finger of Death = BUG?

Has anyone ever purposely Maximized their FoD?

I don’t see how 3x the cost is worth Maximizing the 3d6 of damage from FoD when the save is missed.

Is it a bug that Maximize doesn’t ignore FoD the way it ignores PK?
    Khyber Server - Disposable Heroes Guild
    Meepo - Human Paladin [15th] -=:=- Xilin Twojobs - Drow Elf Sorc [16th] -=:=- Strum Slythe - Human Bard/Rog [14th/2nd] -=:=- Phell d'Orien - Human Barbarian/Rog [12th/2nd] -=:=- Dokc Grimm - Dwarf Cleric/Paladin [9th/1st]

i've had max and empower on and with enhancments to lower costs it still costs 130 sp ouch that was a bad mistake.

I wish you could set up spells for never maxamize or never empower or extend so that even if it's on your choice overrides that.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Fernando has yet to even suggest a nerf of anything.
    Oh and by the way (referring to your sig), we aren't nerfing the Torc.

Same thing for Slay Living, Destruction and even Holy SMite......

Frustrates me to no end when I forget to turn off Max after dropping a awesome blade barrier.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

It would be really cool to be able to set up spell options on your hotbar

so 1= haste, 2= extended haste, 3=empowered firewall, 4=maximized, empowered, extended firewall, etc.
    Unbreakable

Bloodburn- 14 Sorceror
    Alisandra- 14 Fighter
    Kholrielle- 12 Cleric
    Finch- 8/2 Rogue/Paladin
    Cali- 5 Bard

"Okay, so the scariest environment imaginable. Thanks. That's all you gotta say, scariest environment imaginable."

Well the spell does 3d6 damage, thats why the feats apply. Any spell that damages can have the feats applied.
    Khyber (Reidra)
    Khalai / Kally / Waldorf / Corras

sure is that y PK dont get the meta feats into the damage b.c. saving on a FoD and a PK is the same, it deals XXX of damage
    Quote Originally Posted by KindoRaber View Post
    - What bothers me about buffer types and patient characters can be summed up like this... Nothing. It's their style but I am usually on a strict time limit and need to complete as much in as little a time as possible. Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Khalai View Post
    Well the spell does 3d6 damage, thats why the feats apply. Any spell that damages can have the feats applied.
    As jaitee said and I mentioned in my original post - Maximize doesn't affect PK and it also does 3d6 on a failed save.

But you aren't answering the original question - Do you purposely Maximize your FoD or is it always an accident when it happens?
    Meepo - Human Paladin [15th] -=:=- Xilin Twojobs - Drow Elf Sorc [16th] -=:=- Strum Slythe - Human Bard/Rog [14th/2nd] -=:=- Phell d'Orien - Human Barbarian/Rog [12th/2nd] -=:=- Dokc Grimm - Dwarf Cleric/Paladin [9th/1st]

i don't see why there isn't a way to 'lock' spell from being affected by certain meta magic feats. i hate when i accidentally drop and empowered maxxed FoD :S
    'I will go any length to achieve my goal. Eternal life is worth any sacrifice.'

Any sufficiently advanced bureaucracy is indistinguishable from molasses.

3d6+1 per level
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Huxley
    There is no greater mistake than the hasty conclusion that opinions are worthless because they are badly argued
    Turbine, you can hire more developers for the game. We operate on a giant Theocracy of Debt, so go all out finding developers for the best MMO out there

A buddy of mine just noticed this 'BUG' on his Sorc. He was ****ed after he blew 75% of his ample supply of spell points.

Anyone out there ever figure out why Maximize would affect FoD and not PK? Anyone ever intentionally activate Maximize for FoD?
    Last edited by Lyletuba; 07-10-2007 at 04:53 PM.

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lyletuba View Post
    As jaitee said and I mentioned in my original post - Maximize doesn't affect PK and it also does 3d6 on a failed save.

But you aren't answering the original question - Do you purposely Maximize your FoD or is it always an accident when it happens?
    PK is an illusion and I believe D&D rules say metamagic feats for damage don't impact illusions so that part of the implimination is correct.

The problem is the way they have us add metamagic is a pain in the *** and I'm seriously hoping that it improves with the changes hinted at on the 5.0 splash screen.

Due to popular demand, we'll be removing Empower and Maximize from the full suite of instant-death spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Due to popular demand, we'll be removing Empower and Maximize from the full suite of instant-death spells.
    YAY!!!

Thumbs up Cheer

Cheer
    "the Crowd Goes Wild"

You're my hero! *Hugs*
    ~Argonnessen~
    -----------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel Whisper
    You, sir, are an evil genius.

Community Member

That's good.

Now, can we implement a more robust shortcut system that will allow the creation of weapon-sets and metamagic-enhanced spell shortcuts, with custom color, icon, and text hinting, so that you guys won't have to spend your time tweaking each spell for us and instead make/let us do it ourselves, to personal preferences?

Pretty please.

Quote Originally Posted by EP_Harlow
    "At times, death alone bears the memo regarding a change in strategy." -EP Harlow

sweet

Community Member

While you're at it, please remove cure light, moderate, etc. spells from being heightened.

Tired of wasting mana.

Hmm, this leaves me curious what the metamagic changes in Module 5 might be.
    Have a question about the Eberron Setting?
    Ask a Loremaster.

Add another yay to the pile.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast