Community Member

Default When should I be able to solo lvl 1 Elite?

So, I don't have a lot of experience with the game, and actually just hit lvl 4 for the first time.

I thought probabaly I could solo some Elite missions to raise my favor, and to some extent I can, but it's tough, real tough.

I went into Kenebrooks Basement to protect the box on Elite, and got killed when the three rogues rush me. I suppose it probably is important to know what I'm playing.

Dwarf, lvl 2 ranger, lvl 1 Barb, lvl 1 Fighter. Typically using TWF (Dwarven Axe, Hand Axe) or THF (Greataxe) if I'm getting mugged.

My AC isn't great, but I usually pop Barbarian Damage Resistance enhanecment if I'm getting swarmed.

So, I got through the basement on Hard no problem. The difference between Hard and Elite was night and day, so I'm concerned as to whether I'm gimped or not. Is it common that a character of any class should be able to solo a lvl 1 dungeon on Elite when they are lvl 4, or am I hoping for too much too soon?

Thanks!

At level2 when you have remove fear potions. Pray for a good will save roll against Hold Person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrike
    That mob was so like "I'm going to kill you" and you were like "Die".

Default kennebrooks basement

That is a tough quest on elite.
    I was in a group of four level threes where thankful to get out without anyone dying.

Some of the level one quests can be done by any strong level three fighter on elite. Quests where you get swarmed by numbers of mobs are much more difficult. Kennebrook's basement is tough on elite even for my level four barbarian if I don't buff with potions beforehand and during. Sewer Rescue, if you try optional the skelly is a killer, otherwise not so bad. The low road is very do able but a litte care is necessary in dealing with the shaman.

It really depends on how quick you are, how well thought out your tactics, and the match between your character and the quest.

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Well, easy solution: put up a LFM for L1 quests up to elite. Many people are also looking for favor and a party of levels 2-4 can do them very easily.
    Be careful when moving to L2 quests, some are harder (like butcher's path).

Should be doable. Definitely need the Shield of Faith potions going. Use the great axe when surrounded. You'll do extra damage to the non-primary opponents. Maybe switch to dual wield when its just one opponent.

Be sure to be trying to trip.

If you fail a couple times, this might be a good quest to start learning when to sword and board. The extra AC can really make a big difference. The DPS of the great axe is tough to get away from, though. You need those guys going down ASAP. You can also be popping barkskin potions. They're kinda pricy for your level, but worth it. May even want to buy a haste potion. Drink it the first time you're confronted by more than two at a time.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkschneider View Post
    At level2 when you have remove fear potions. Pray for a good will save roll against Hold Person.
    I agree 100% this is the killer when trying to solo low level quests even when you move up in levels. IF you do not have good will saves or spell resistance you will die if you fail to save against shamans. The best quests to do are the ones with the least amount of casters like low road where there is only the end guy.

Quote Originally Posted by tihocan View Post
    Well, easy solution: put up a LFM for L1 quests up to elite. Many people are also looking for favor and a party of levels 2-4 can do them very easily.
    Be careful when moving to L2 quests, some are harder (like butcher's path).
    um, you do know what the word "solo" means right?
    "Watching and Waiting I'm known to strike at a moments notice..."

Let's play pretend... Let's pretend that you would be my friend, if you were real. I know you won't mind, your used to living in a dream...

Technically you shouldn't be able to solo any elite quests. The reason they made a solo difficulty was for solo.

Elite is intended for 6 person group, usualy 1-2 levels above the quest.

I had a rough time soloing that one on my lvl7.

And yes you are a little gimped, taking 3 classes and using 2 different fighting styles does that. You need to focus on 1 area to be strong.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exumbra View Post
    I thought probabaly I could solo some Elite missions to raise my favor, and to some extent I can, but it's tough, real tough.
    It very much depends on the quest. A level 1 character who knows what to do can solo Sewer Rescue, Haunted Lighthouse, and Stealthy Repossession all on elite.