Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PurdueDave View Post
    From personal experience, the lack of 2H piercing weapons is the on that one.
    One reason to code in spears I suppose! Hadn't thought of one as yet.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Protagoras View Post
    One reason to code in spears I suppose! Hadn't thought of one as yet.
    According to the PnP rules, a Heavy Pick can be wielded in two hands for more damage if you're not using a shield. It's really too bad DDO doesn't include that feature, because as-is there is very little attraction to using a Heavy Pick. (They'd be able to use the same animations as a greataxe, so it should be simpler than creating a new "spear-stabbing" anim)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpster View Post
    Not only was I not the first one to disagree, but you weren't either. The reason I could answer so tersely is that it comes up time and again, as a quick search would show. Among players who paid attention to the game design of DDO, the superiority of the khopesh is obvious.

If you find it "aggressive" to honestly point out when something is false, so be it..
    I guess I just found it aggressive because after Aranticus' analysis he didn't come out and make a statement like "and thus you can see that dwarven axes are superior to khopeshes and purchasing the khopesh feat is clearly a mistake." Had he said something like that, I would have been the first to call him insane. I just though his analysis was a subtle inference or suggestion that khopeshes might not be as good, an inference I too definitely felt compelled to correct.

Of course, there has been much comparison to bastard swords. You might not be able to find it since the forum admins delete useful posts rather quickly, so I will repeat the results here:

1. In terms of overall damage, the bastard sword is virtually identical to the dwarven axe. 1d10 19-20/x2 and 1d10 20/x3 are nearly the same: either way, 20 attacks from 1-20 will give you 22 damages at d10+enhance+str each. The relationship between dwarf axe and bastard is the same as between battleaxe and longsword. Note that for a typical fighter, the dwarf axe and bastard sword both do the same damage as the non-exotic scimitar.
    I didn't realize the scimitar was that good. I'll definitely have to keep my eye out for more of those on my bastard-sword proficient slashing-specialized fighter.

Community Member

According to the PnP rules, a Heavy Pick can be wielded in two hands for more damage if you're not using a shield. It's really too bad DDO doesn't include that feature, because as-is there is very little attraction to using a Heavy Pick. (They'd be able to use the same animations as a greataxe, so it should be simpler than creating a new "spear-stabbing" anim)
    Actually a guildie and I were talking about a pick weilding Barbarian.

Dual weilding Heavy and Light picks with the barb enhancement to widen the crit range. We were looking at critting on 17-20 on that guy. With the right pick very nasty.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123