Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Hi

I am interested in joining and can start playing after Thursday May 11. Tuesday or Thursday works for me.

If there is room or a slot opens, let me know.

Thanks

Dornfelder
    Dwarf Barbarian

Founder

I now have inviting ability into the guild so just let me know when you guys are available and I can log onto Sarlona and send you an invite when it is convenient for you. I'm in the EST time zone so I can log in to get you set up in the guild anywhere from 6 pm to midnight EST.

I am a definite, though with classes finishing up and finals this week, I have not had a chance to get online. I will be available on either Tuesday or Thursday starting next Tuesday the 15th. I would prefer Thursdays to Tuesdays, but it isn't a major issue and definitely not a deal-breaker.

It is my intention to create a lawful-good cleric of the Sovereign Host, particularly Dol Arrah and Dol Dorn. Won't bore you with backstory or anything, but a pretty straightforward character by the numbers.

My cousin is also definitely interested but has a scheduling snag. He is also going through end-of-semester blues: finals, end-of-semester concerts and performances, and so forth. He is interested in playing a ranger with a ranged-combat focus, but he is not married to any one class idea and will fill out with whatever we need/want. However, he cannot participate until after the 24th. He understands if this makes it impossible for him to join up. If he had the time, he'd be saying this right now. I'll get him to contact you directly, though.
    ~SWR

"There are two secrets to success in life: (1) never reveal everything you know."

Default Tunrik's cousin

Hey. I'm Tunrik's cousin. I am interested in playing in the group. After reexamining my schedule, I figured out I could start as early as May 15th. I would prefer to start on the 17th or later. I will probably play a ranged combat Ranger, but as Tunrik has said, I'm not apposed to filling a hole. I am a definite yes.
    Last edited by Leonin; 05-08-2007 at 09:20 PM.

Community Member RavenStormclaw's Avatar

Default Raven's friend

Hi guys,

My friend is a definite. He has named and created his character.

Adden Jund a barbarian warriores

the tuesday requirement is only for the summer. He is an avid fisherman and has a standing tournament on thursdays for the next couple of months after that tuesday or thursday would be fine. Thanks

Founder

Good Stuff guys. Thanks all for replying. I will update the list.

So we know that one person needs to play on tuesdays for a while, if this is ok with everyone I think we'll go with tuesdays and possibly switch to thursdays later on down the road if need be.

Hello, Leonin. I understand about school. We won't be starting until the 15th anyway so no worries. sound good everyone? Plan to meet up on the 15th?

I am just waiting on one last confirmation and we should have a full group assuming nobody drops.

I regretfully have to assume that Tallfellow is no longer interested. I've emailed several times without a response so I will be emailing CH4 to see if he wants to join us. He will make member 6 if he decides to join.

Sounds good. I will create my character this weekend, kill Blacktail, shake-down the Miller, and so forth. I will get in touch you with so I can be guilded.

And, glad to see you hear, Leonin!
    ~SWR

"There are two secrets to success in life: (1) never reveal everything you know."

Founder

Anyone else interested in a new dedicated team please continue to post. We can easily break up into two groups to accommodate more than 6 and it is a good time to get in on the ground floor with Dedicated teams since most teams fill up quick.

We will find a place for you!

Smile Very Interested

I'd be happy to join a Tuesday or Thursday Dedicated group. I'm still fairly new to DDO, but i've been playing PnP for about 20 yrs off and on. i'm currently running with shimiha_kakita's Dedicated group on Monday nights, and having a great time! Thursday's would be better for me but i can swing either ore. let me know if another group starts up.

Default Coovin Raven's Friend

Hi there,

Coovin (my friend) is set:

Toon is Adden Jund Level 1 Barbarian

Raven

Community Member

Default confirmation

Hi guys,

I just read the posts. I'm definitely in.

I'm all set with

Dornfelder, level 1 Dwarf barbarian

I've done the solos in the square. Should I do any other solo's before Tuesday?

Thanks Phainen for setting this up.

Looking forward to it

CH4

Founder

Hey CH,

I am unaware of any other solos besides the square and the wavecrest. Anyone else aware of others?

Keep in mind that we are talking solo only quests, not group quests that offer a solo option.

Founder

Hey Tc,

If more people show interest a second group may indeed form. It would only take one more person stepping up to split the group into two starting teams of four. I am also not opposed to the idea of starting another group to run on Thursdays along side the Tuesday group.

How about this. Group poll.

What would everyone say if we started a group on Tuesday for those that preferred that day and one for Thursday for those who would rather play that day instead?

Who would rather play on Tuesdays? Who would rather play on Thursdays? Who could commit to joining both groups? With as many people as we have here now showing interest it would be easy to split the group between those nights since I would be a present body on each team and we could add more players from there as more show interest to fill up both.

Just throwing the idea out there to try and be as inclusive and flexible as possible for you guys. Share your thoughts.
    Last edited by Phainen; 05-10-2007 at 12:13 AM.

Community Member

Default split team

I am pretty flexible as far as Tuesday or Thursday and could even play both nights,occasionally, if a team needed to get filled up because of last minute player constraints. My wife works on Tuesday night so it is less of a hassle for me to go Tuesday (role playing is easier when everyone in earshot is also roleplaying). Since you guys use keyboard though, this may not be a problem hahaha

How would you work it? Would each night require a different toon?

For now,

My preference is Dornfelder on Tuesday and he is available to float to Thursday if need arises.

My second choice would be to put Dornfelder on Thursday if you need the Thursday team filled out and everyone else has schedule issues. {I can type quietly and close my door }

Thanks for clarifying the solo. I stopped at the right spot so I'm set. Only thing left is to coordinate a time to meet Garmas for joining the team.

CH4
    Dornfelder, level 1 Barb

Founder

If I were to even entertain the idea to do two nights it would require commitment from those involved. Occassional teaming doesn't suit a dedicated team very well so I would prefer if we were to go this route that people commit to the nights they know they can show up for and not join on a night they know they will be absent from often.

Each night, should a person choose to join both if we go this route, would require a different character. We don't want those who play both nights to overshoot the rest of the group in experience and power.
    Last edited by Phainen; 05-10-2007 at 09:15 AM.

Smile

I'm in for a Thursday group, and can start whenever we enough people.

Default Split Teams

I have accrued some wife aggro. Pulling off both night for me...probably not a good idea. But tuesdays has been my night so that works. I can switch to thursday as well its an either or for me not both. We can start with 4, but some of the higher end quests really should have 6. I ran Cleansing the Air with 5 4th levels and 1 5th level and we wiped once before completion....it seems that would be a nightmare with just 4. Having said that I am all about the spirit of decmocracy and will go with whatever the group decideds.

Raven

Founder

I definitely agree with you Raven, that many of the quests are best run with 6 players, but would you agree that even if the group started out with four we would most likely fill the next two spots by the time we were ready to tackle the content that needed a full group?

As far as the two groups thing. I didn't post the idea to make people feel they had to play in both. I'm just trying to make it easier to accommodate everyone's ideal play time and at the same time allow for more people to join in the fun who want to be part of a persistent team. That way anyone who really would rather play Thursday gets the optimal play time date in addition to those who really need to play on Tuesdays.

But it is after all just an idea so its really just discussion at this point.

Well, I simply cannot manage both nights. One or the other is fine with me. Provided both groups will be following the rules originally posted by Phainen (the play style is what drew me).

Group size is not an issue in my opinion. Six is nice, four is good. I don't think there is anything out there that a group of smart people willing to exercise care and basic strategies can't do. As a cleric, I actually prefer slightly smaller groups to the full one because resource management is easier, but I can adapt either way.
    ~SWR

Yeah... I'm the same way. I could only do one night. Either work for me though. I may change my character to fill out a team better if we break into 2 groups. As of right now I have a Ranger with the solo stuff done. Let me know what's going on.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast