The Scorcher (WF 18 Sorc, 2 Fvs Shiradi)
INTRO:*This guide will no longer be updated (update 26)*
EDIT: Given the current direction of the new content (fire immune/resistant mobs) and the "one trick pony" design of this build (Scorching Ray). I HIGHLY recommend you DO NOT make this build.
This will be a guide to building the 'Scorcher'. The build is based around one spell: Scorching Ray. The release of the Enhancement Pass brought one amazing passive for Fire Savants: Immolation. The Immolation DoT is affected by spellpower and procs on every Scorching Ray. Scorching Ray has double spell range, base spell point cost of eight, three procs and a mere 1.75 cooldown. Immolation DoT adds an additional proc to Scorching Ray. For a total of four procs each Scorching Ray cast. At 20 stacks, the Immolation DoT does an average of 350+ damage and crits for 650+. Each Individual ray of Scorching Ray deals and average of 100+ damage and 200+ damage on a crit. Fire crit chance is 35%+. This brings me to the next part. The Enhancement Pass also brought Just Reward from Angel of Vengance (FVS). This allows the 'Scorcher' to spam Scorching Ray and Magic Missile infinitely. With all the Scorching Ray procs and mana sufficiency of the build. Shiradi was the obvious choice for an Epic Destiny. This build is meant for endgame, I have no advise for heroic leveling.
(32 point build)
NOTE: Raise Int if 34-36 point build.
SKILLS: (in order of importance)
- Mental Toughness
- Improved Mental Toughness
- Evocation Focus(if twisting Evocation Familiarity), Force of Personality, or Past Lives
- Epic Toughness
- Epic Mental Toughness
- Epic Spell Power: Fire
- Elusive Target
NOTE: The feats listed above aren't in order of level.
NOTE: White boxs are your choice.
NOTE: * You choose where the gear goes, see below
- +10 Impulse scepter of Fire Lore (Random Gen:144 Force Spell power, 20% Fire Crit Chance)
- Golden Orb of Death (Purple Slot, Orange Slot)
CORE: (Slot these in the blanks above)
- Concord Op Green Steel SP item (example)
- Health Points Green Steel item (example)
- Charismatic +10 of Spellsight +20 (random gen, example)
NOTE: These are mandatory, all other empty augment slots are your choice!
TWISTS OF FATE:
NOTE: http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...psfdb8ff5d.png means 'best in slot'
Single Target: Awaken Weakness: Fire (every 30 secs)-->Scorching Ray--->Magic Missile--->Ruin (every 15 secs)
(remove Ruin to be mana sufficient)
(Mana Dump) Meteor Swarm--->Delayed Blast Fireball--->Chain Missile
(Mana Sufficient) Scorching Ray--->Chain Missile
TIPS AND TRICKS:
- "Right Click" your spells to turn your Metamagics permanently on or off (example)
- Another great benefit of Scorching Ray is the "Peaking Animation". While casting Scorching Ray standing still, your character will lean forward and extend his right arm. Scorching Ray begins at the fingers of the right arm. When behind a solid object, turn your character (not the screen) on an angle. If properly done, you will hit the opponent whilst not getting hit (example)