If you where a ddo producer what would you do?
Lets assume that you are a producer for ddo and you are given a directive to design a way to increase revenue for ddo. You can do this any way you want, you are given full liberties, from items, to game mechanics. What would you do?
Any changes must have a guaranteed return on investment and must use the existing game as a base, no starting over.
My Response To Being Producer
As a long time Player & Guild Leader, I'd have to state my position as Producer would fall under the following:
1. Correct Login Issues, Character Swapping, & other Load Lag that's been consistent lately.
2. Correct the stupid Ladder Bug that's been prevalent for years now!
3. Setup an Alliance Tab on the Social Panel, for those Guilds running one.
4. Setup a "Scheduled Time" for Crystal Cove, such as the other Events ... & not allow it to be "Tossed Into Play" whenever there is an Issue that needs to be addressed as a Band Aid to keep people around.
5. Remove some of the Quests that the majority of Players don't even touch & put into Play a few new Quest Areas, such as maybe a Low Level "Forgotten Realms" section or better yet, Bluespine Peaks.
6. Enter in more Forgotten Realms Questing / Raids.
7. With every New Expansion: Deliver more Playable Content of Heroic & Epic Levels.
8. With every Expansion: Deliver at least one Raid. (Heroic Raids = Special Loot for appropriate Levels)
(Epic Raids = Special Loot or Craftable Loot for appropriate Levels)
9. Improve XP, Items, or Favor for specific "rarely played" areas that do not fall into the Majority that would be removed from Game entirely.
10. Give Free-To-Play Players a larger Bonus of DDO Points when reaching Mlestones, so they have a better chance at purchasing Packs. (leave VIP Points alone.)
11. Give the VIPS another 250 Points a Month for their Money.
12. Add more Armor Kits, Creature Companions, Potions of different types, & more Character Options on the DDO Store. (i.e. I liked the idea of "Titles" -although, I believe those should come from Favor.)
13. Allow different designs to Airships, not just color changes.
14. Offer a "Special" for Brand New Players, such as a Free First 100 Cure Serious Wounds Potions, 50 Major Mana Potions, or a Choice of an Armor or Weapon.
Hope this spawns some more ideas. Have fun thinking of them everyone!