Druid animal form DCs to low
I would like to say this is only an issue in EE content, but sadly its an issue even in heroic NORMAL. Druids are officially the least played class in ddo, and their weakness is well known.
Druids have the potential to be allot of fun, but for some reason they were preemptively nerfed even before release. As casters they are ok, though their only shortcomings come from a lack of good spells. In animal form however,they have a great many weaknesses.
Here are some glaring issues:
1. Animal form spells have massive cooldown increase (more than tensors) fvs and clerics don't get a cooldown increase when swinging around a greatsword, so why should we in animal form?
2. Animal form save DCs are wisdom based, yet wisdom does not help them hit or damage mobs
3. Animal form DCs don't benefit from. Druid levels (unlike monks)
4. Animal form benefits are very lackluster, few benefits (wolf form speed bonus doesn't even stack with striding boosts, bear form not viable as a real tank)
1. Remove spell cooldown increase from animal forms (ATM Melee Druids use elemental forms, lol)
2. Change druid animal capstone to evasion (incentive to be pure)
3. Druid animal form DCs use either dex or str, whichever is higher.
4. Add druid level or 1/2 druid level to some DCs
5. Beef up animal form benefits (wolves get base +30% run speed, bears give more PRR and health)
These changes would go a long way in making animal Druids more viable, and are still gentle enough to not be overpowering. After buffing Druids, go ahead and give bards a look to. Both of these classes are rather weak and rank last and 2nd to last in server population.