Watching people encouraged by my Dance of the Water Strider in VoN5 or in any other quest with lava, and jumping freely into deep pool of liquid hell. Their surprise is priceless.
Watching artis defender triping boss, time after time, till his death.
Noticing for the first time and all times after, the conversation between Brinky and Pain in siegebreaker.
Male lector in Cry for Help...
Deploying my Onyx Panther and pretending I'm questing alongside my first childhood hero, Bagheera.
In all the questes where something "wafts" it makes me giggle.
The names some people chose for their characters/compainion/guild
Whenever my guild leader dies
Whenever a zerger dies
Reading general chat in the Harbor or Marketplace
And threads like these.
1. TRing and then dying from falling cause you forgot that you are wimpy lvl 1 that does not have ff item on any more. :D
2. TRing for the 5th time and then getting lost in Korthos
3. Watching a guildy getting lost in Korthos
4. Having 5 girls in the party that use mic and then pugging last spot :D
Watching a Warforge die.
1. When I open google chrome, sometimes it makes me smile and sometimes I facepalm my forehead on Saturday morning after a Friday night raidnight. I'll close ddo when logging off Friday night, but not google chrome. Every random, disturbing, funny, and odd link that guildmembers sent will still be open. I am just glad my kids still flip on the TV in the morning and not my computer.
2. Happy Drunk Shadey
3. Rolling fur mundane loot (like an Imperial Topaz) with as much excitement as raid loot (thank you for participating Mandark).
4. Receiving FOM from 5 different party members.
5. Special guild greetings: ESSss Gain!
6. Assuming every pug character that joins Friday night raidnight is Canadian if their character name ends in an "eh," like: Antaka, Aphayna, Zaibakerina or Xesha
7. Likewise, every pug that joins Fridaynight Raidnight that doesn't have a mic is assigned to guen's team unless they type otherwise.
8. Dying in almost every Von5.
9. Firewall on iron golums
10. Developer's sense of humor, like in Redemption quest, Korthos: "We beat them off, this time..." Noooo Lars Heyton, maybe YOU did. I killed the fish sticks...
11. It cracks me up when Cable helps someone else solve a puzzle in the shroud.
12. Hitting the ceiling when I'm thirsty.
13. Lining up on the north side for buffs in the shroud.
14. O plat repair bills
15. Raiding for six hours, and going to bed with the room spinning despite only opening three drinks.
16. When guild members admit to blushing
17. Pulling a sought after piece of raid loot
18. Running a 20th Raid
19. Stepping in on Epic Casual
20. Releasing after death, spawning the second level of the guild ship entrance in the marketplace, forgetting that I don't have my featherfall item on, and then I jump down to ground level to get on the ship. DING! I am an idiot again!
Yeah, I am amused by the little things. It is a good thing I don't have to see total stats like total deaths ever. I don't want to see those stats, I die a lot, smile a lot, because this is a game and a release.
I don't smile anymore.
+2 Loot 3 day weekends!
There is a lot of things that make me smile in ddo
People With level 20's with 250hp
People Dying in Quests
People who Pike and get the rare items
People that can't pull a lever
People that don't use voice or listen to instructions
People who beg for items and plat (I.e can somebody nice use a stone on me) seriously?
People on Raids that are (Crutch-Players) don't have means to heal or use a wet noodle as a weapon
People who don't support this game
But for real thou... Despite all pleasantries that surrounds Sarlona... The community is epic as my gear (insert Epic Cry)
When I end up in a party with happy, outgoing friendly people who are interesting.
When I have an a.d.d. moment and get lost in a quest I've done a thousand time and Dre helps me get my bearings with a minimum of mockery. :)
When I read/hear about great stories of groups who played on the forums or in a party.
Watching Coddex run away like a warforged in the face of 100 rust monsters when I try to give him potions of wonder.
Watching Dre as a warforged run away in the face of 100 rust mosnters, screaming like a tiny child the whole way. :)
But most of all, making new friends.
After being gone for 3-4 years, coming back and wiping on stormcleave only to have fergus the cleric end up killing x'antilar.