I will take your pots though. Please send to Marauder. Thanks.
In fact the power argument has yet again started based on guild renown and first achievements and while I find it funny to have ppl screaming over who is strongest and I giggle, I'll go with smartest anyday. I mean would I prefer to go with the guild that throws a ton of pots at a quest to claim first completion to the point they have to charge an entrance fee to make it up, or a guild that completes just as easily with no resources....hmm....you're welcome to the pots...I don't need them since most first time runs I do and most accomplishments are done without hefty fees ;)
Well done, you get first prize...I'll admit you are the strongest guild....so what do you get for being there that I don't?
GFU for admitting Legion is the strongest guild. The first step in recovery is always admitting the obvious.
What do we get that you do not? Quite a bit actually. Of course, we're talking about a game here and not RL, so don't get confused.
1. We have accomplishments and can take pride in them. You do not.
2. We get notariety. People know Legion. You are not known.
3. We get the best players in the game striving to join Legion versus having to search them out. Top players do not contact you to join your guild (assuming you are in one).
4. We get the benefit of the doubt. If Legion says it's true then it probably is. People scanning a thread for an answer would stop at all Legion posts among others of course, just not yours.
5. We get taken into strong groups over non-Legion players. If the party leader had you or a Legion guy to take for the last spot, you would be passed-over everytime.
6. Whenever we are in game, we are always with a full team of the best players in the game. Therefore we have quicker access to loot and more chances at powerful loot than you do.
7. We get the honor of having a target on our backs and all the fun that goes with beating down thin-skinned, wanna-bees that want to complain about Legion being a bunch of meanies.
Did I answer your question?
If you have not known of, been jealous of, hated, or competed against Legion for the past, well, FOREVER then you have no idea who the best guild out there is. Legion is what they claim until someone can prove them wrong. If you think you're better you're gonna need more than a bigger airship to prove it.
I got neg repped myself so ego's are very fragile.
You didn't answer any of my questions and the fact that ego's are so fragile....well that says something. Everything you list above is not exclusive to Legion.
But I will make sure that next time I post tongue in cheek, I will explain it out for people who obviously don't get sarcasm very often.
Be honest...Legion asked for the dice changes didn't they? <==== This is known as teasing
Although you're slightly delusional looking at your above reply but I won't hold it against you.
EDIT: Shame on me for speed reading. I found this thread because someone said they were applying to do it. I needed the giggle though so thanks for that. I retract my intial post since I was misinformed.
It appears that you meant to ask "so what do you get for being there that is exclusive to Legion?" That's a completely different question and therefore a different set of answers.
1. We get to take pride in Legion's long list of world firsts and other accomplishments that are exclusive to our guild alone.
2. We get notariety. People know Legion. We are exclusively at the top of the list of well-known guilds.
3. We get the honor of having a target on our backs and all the fun that goes with beating down thin-skinned, wanna-bees that want to complain about Legion being a bunch of meanies. This is exclusive to Legion.
How is Renown in anyway a measurement of anything other than how many chests are opened.
Now yes, "greatest" of anything is open for debate, as there are so many variables people can argue about. However, renown has no value in measuring a guild's ability to get the job done whether that job be completing epics, permadeath or roleplaying.
haven't logged in for months and still the legion hate is around huh .... you'd guy would like Ren better if you knew he wears a t-shirt w/ fuzzy bunnies and teddy bears when he plays...now clay ...well he plays in the NUDE :eek:
Just because Legion gauges players on things like...accomplishments...phhhtt....does not, in any way, mean that's the best.
Some guilds might like the color of the toon's docent. Other's might invite them based on their name, or that joke they told in that quest that one night.
Other guilds might invite them solely on the basis that they eat cheetos in their underwear during boss fights. I'm not saying it's right, I'm not saying it's the best method...I just heard this was done okay!!!!!
Stop looking at me like that dammit!!!!1!!!1!1!!!!!11!
I rolled a toon on Thelanis, bought 25 pots from the plat farmers, but joined Legoin instead by mistake.
This isn't really a problem, as my new buddies Legolassss and Drizzzzzt are as good as anyone when it comes to helping me get ready for endgame pvp.
I saw that this thread had been revived, and since it's a slow day at work I was hoping for a little entertainment. I was bitterly disappointed. Boring. Drama fail!
Thread necro-er, you have let me and everyone else down, you should be ashamed of yourself.
First thing you learn here is Legion is to blame. Not sure what of but t-shirts hsould be handed out in the market :p
Maybe I should point out that while it may seem I came across as being one of those, erm it's in this pm..."jealous types", I am in fact not. I feel about Legion about as much as I feel for some unrecognisable guild. You guys have accomplishments, I have them to and we go on and on because at the end of the day, you have to feel pride in what you doing. Legion gets that right to.
I'm not here to debate greatness though, I saw the thread and thought it was funny and marvelous all at once. I can imagine the amount of people scrambling like peons to get 24hours :p you guys must have made a killing. That would most likely be an exclusive Legion affair as well. No other guild has tried it before so sincere kudos for doing it. But understand, that if you step back and look at the marvelous arrogance of it, like it's actually important to be able to say you spent 24hours with Legion like it's a badge of honour you reserve for things like spending time with Metallica or whoever an idol is to you...that's the part I find funny ;)
And get this, you can spend reknown but you can't spend "greatness" :)
But enough hijacking, I'll leave the thread to be drowned again ;)
I am sorry people feel that your guild is a bit sub par in comparison to ours but most don't find 1000 f2p accounts ransacking Irestone Inlet ad nauseum much of an achievement.
However I will say congrats to your guild hitting level 70!
I hope to see an achievement thread from you where you and your friends tackle the deadly deeps of Shanto Kor. It is always nice to see the F2P players expanding there experiences.