PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Heal Myself Fast?

Aladon
04-11-2007, 01:07 PM
Hi,

I have my first high level melee toon, RGR11. He can use Cure Serious wands, Cure Serious Potions (of course) and can cast Cure Moderate. He has no UMD ability. He has 204 HP's and will have 239 by level cap.

My problem is that with an inattentive cleric or an overwhelmed cleric or when isolated or when being rezed, I need to be able to heal myself quicly. Cure Serious pots are the fastest way to heal myself that I know of. They do maybe 20 hps every couple of seconds. It takes like 10-15 seconds to get 100 hp's back. That's forever in combat or just after being rezed (and I'm still only at half health).

How can I get HP's back on my own more quickly?

Thanks in advance,

Aladon

Mad_Bombardier
04-11-2007, 01:12 PM
you see that little blue bar under your name? those are your spell points. :p

Seriously, though. My Ranger keeps CureModerateWounds memorized at all times. Its only 16-26 HP unboosted, but you can find an ImprovedDevotion3 item and take Ranger Devotion2 for a combined +50% healing. That's 24-39HP back in a flash. Do a 1-2-3 healing combo of CMW spell, CSW wand, CSW pot and you are back in business.

Phesic
04-11-2007, 01:12 PM
Alternate between CSW potions and Wands. Since they don't share the same CD timer, you should be able to cut your time nearly in half.

Kylstrem
04-11-2007, 03:38 PM
If he's a ranger, buy cure <x> wounds wands... you don't need UMD... you use them naturally.

Like others have said, alternate between wanding and potioning and it can go fast (and expensive).

Talcyndl
04-11-2007, 05:15 PM
Make a Pally and use lay on hands.

:D

MrCow
04-12-2007, 11:11 AM
Make a Pally and use lay on hands.

Pffft, the key to expedient healing is the level 12 warforged sorceror casting reconstruction with a Greater Reconstruction VI item and the Force Manipulation Enhancements.

Demitra
04-12-2007, 12:43 PM
Can a ranger use CSW wands without UMD? I thought ranger heal spells only went up to CMW, which led me to believe that ranger would need UMD for anything higher (CSW and CCW).

Khalai
04-12-2007, 01:03 PM
My Ranger uses CSW no problem, reason being is it is on the Ranger spell list, it just a level 4 spell for them

Indrn_Fretgoop
04-12-2007, 01:30 PM
Wand, Spell Points, Scrolls, potions are all on different timers. So if you want to heal yourself faster you can cast a wand SP a potion and a scroll and you will get 4 cure mod + in a very short amount of timer. Thats how I can heal three differen't people on my cleric all at the same time basically :)

Kyoteh
04-12-2007, 03:28 PM
Wand, Spell Points, Scrolls, potions are all on different timers. So if you want to heal yourself faster you can cast a wand SP a potion and a scroll and you will get 4 cure mod + in a very short amount of timer. Thats how I can heal three differen't people on my cleric all at the same time basically :)

Exactamento. Trick of the healing trade. You can pump out some serious green numbers with a bit of practice using all the tools available to you in concert with each other, whether on yourself or the party.

Them being on different timers is a 'must use advantage' when things get wicked and wild. You will definatly see when you try it out.

Stay safe,
Kyoteh

apollojuly
04-17-2007, 02:48 PM
Tip the party cleric in advance.
Always gets my attention.

Emili
04-18-2007, 07:41 PM
Don't let your HP get that low to begin with... I mean seriously you've more HP than is neccessary for your class, and if you're taking that amount of damage - 100+ then you need to look at your AC and buffs and you're obviously not playing against the mobs right. You've as much HP as my sword and board fighters ... Your ac needs to be better and you need to kill casters not melee and you need 100% fort and use your dang resistance spells. Then above that play smart and stop looking at the kill counters. So much of the game is soloable it comes down to agro control and managing the mobs.

Uska
04-19-2007, 12:37 AM
Can a ranger use CSW wands without UMD? I thought ranger heal spells only went up to CMW, which led me to believe that ranger would need UMD for anything higher (CSW and CCW).

Yes you can use cure serious wands with no trouble my 2/8 ranger/fighter can use CSW wands no problem but if he tries crit wands then he has a problem. Better solution to healing self quickly kill the bad guys before they hurt you:D

GlassCannon
04-19-2007, 02:01 AM
Hi,

I have my first high level melee toon, RGR11. He can use Cure Serious wands, Cure Serious Potions (of course) and can cast Cure Moderate. He has no UMD ability. He has 204 HP's and will have 239 by level cap.

My problem is that with an inattentive cleric or an overwhelmed cleric or when isolated or when being rezed, I need to be able to heal myself quicly. Cure Serious pots are the fastest way to heal myself that I know of. They do maybe 20 hps every couple of seconds. It takes like 10-15 seconds to get 100 hp's back. That's forever in combat or just after being rezed (and I'm still only at half health).

How can I get HP's back on my own more quickly?

Thanks in advance,

Aladon

Rotate Cure Serious Wand and Potions in your hotbars after hitting yourself with a Jump and running around like a headless chicken jumping over monsters and obstacles. You should have full HP in less than 10 seconds and go right back into combat. The cleric tossing you a Ressurection will halve the time taken to fill up.

Aladon
04-25-2007, 05:38 PM
stop looking at the kill counters.

:eek:

Stop looking at the kill counter??? Is that even possible?

Aladon

Broto
04-26-2007, 11:43 AM
Stay close for Mass cures.

Also cycle through targets and find one thats being killed. Then attack that one to help finish it off. Don't pick your own targets and get aggro.