PDA

View Full Version : Heal Spell

Gangwulfe
03-27-2007, 02:13 AM
Ok so here is the deal.

So, as you all know I hate healing on my cleric.

It is the bane of my existance.

But, it is part of the class, so I tend to be forced into the role sometimes.

Now, I have been a huge advocate for the Heal spell over the past few months, and I think it is getting better and better.

It all started when they put the new enahcnements live for me.

I started takeing stuff I wanted, and lo and behold, I was running out of things to get.

So after a lot of personal turmoil, I finally broke down and bought the life magic line, to improve my healing.

I then proceded to run around and blow stuff up with Harm... but that's not the point... :D

The Point of all this is that, I looked at my combat logs, and my Heal spell was landing for 169 a shot.

Now, I might not be a math major, but I know for the 35 mana I am spending on it, thats a LOT of healing.

I never went the empower / cure moderate route, so I am not sure how much you are getting for those 23 point heals.

But I can not figure out mathmatically how you can possibly get more bang for your buck with annother spell than Heal, for single target healing.

So if right now I am doing 169.... and if I get a devotion item (:eek:) It will be well over 200... and when the level cap goes up, heck it might be 300-400 a shot.

The question is, do we as the cleric community, yet accept that empower healing is a feat you get untill lv 11, but afterwards... you really should just use Heal...

Now if you answer NO to this... how about when we get mass Heal, and it does 250 or something rediclous basic AOE?

What ya'll think?

Gang

Blazer
03-27-2007, 02:16 AM
Heal is the stuff. :D

My cure mods are usually hitting in the 50ish range, but can crit for much, much more. My Heal can crit for over 400pts - very nice indeed for healing those high HP barbs and fighters. You know the type Gang, the one's that take lots of Toughness feats. ;) J/K man.

Of late, I have been saving my cure mods for the sorcs/wiz/bards/rogues in party. All other melee get a full Heal when they hit about 1/2 life or so. Rangers are the tricky spot since they seem to vary a bit based on race.

Cowdenicus
03-27-2007, 10:22 AM
Heal is the stuff. :D

My cure mods are usually hitting in the 50ish range, but can crit for much, much more. My Heal can crit for over 400pts - very nice indeed for healing those high HP barbs and fighters. You know the type Gang, the one's that take lots of Toughness feats. ;) J/K man.

Of late, I have been saving my cure mods for the sorcs/wiz/bards/rogues in party. All other melee get a full Heal when they hit about 1/2 life or so. Rangers are the tricky spot since they seem to vary a bit based on race.

QFT

Avonwey
03-27-2007, 10:27 AM
If you're running with melee types who have heavy fortification (which, imo, should be EVERYONE), then Heal is the bee's knees.

And for those of you who like to use SP for fun stuff (Comet Fall, Greater Command, 20 chained Obsuring Mists near dangerous lava, etc), Heal scrolls are awesome too. I keep 50-60 on me at all times, and use them instead of wands.

Gangwulfe
03-27-2007, 10:38 AM
Well,

When I am on my fighter, I actually have to stop cleric's from useing wands and spam cures on me.

I thought they did a bit more than 50 a shot... but wow...

Thats like tripple you get back from Heal.

When Devotion items start working on it, its going to get even worse.

So honestly, why do you guys keep telling people to use Empower healing?

I just do not get it.

Even if you were useing it for aoe heals, my big aoe heal does around 40 un-empowered... wich X 6 is still a LOT of healing for the 35 mana you spend.

I dunno. I really think that you should have it till lv 11, but afterwards its pointless.

Drop the feat for something else at that point.

Gang

PS --

The Lower HP characters who should not be takeing damage in the first place, is what Divine Healing is for. ;)

vyvy3369
03-27-2007, 11:09 AM
Having run the numbers (without taking crits into account), if the target needs less than about 110 HPs, it's just as efficient or better for me to use CSW/CMW/CLW. If you regularly run with people that are comfortable waiting until they're down over 110 HPs before being healed at all, by all means use Heal all the time. Taking crits into account bumps that up even higher though.

Having asked around quite a bit, most of the melee types I run with have low 200s or less, and I just don't like letting people get down to 1/3 health before casting any spells on them.

I thoroughly enjoyed seeing a Heal crit for 583...but so much of it was just overhealing. Not to mention the lower level spells have a much quicker cooldown, and they're all relatively close in efficiency so you have more options on what to use when things get bad.

Edit: in case you're curious about the 583:
(120 base) * (1.8 [40% Life Magic4, 40% GD6 club]) * (2.25 critical) * (1.2 human improved recovery 20%)

Rowanheal
03-27-2007, 11:28 AM
I have totally refallen in love with my cleric...

Yes, I lost some SP after the enhancements, and my wand healing totally bites now even with mastery 3 but OMG... my heals are awesome...

I will admit to not really using scrolls before Academy Training, but a friend told me to try it out... WOW

Mass cure wounds scrolls are awesome and if they crit... OMG...to watch everyones health go up in the middle of everyone taking some bad damage is just heartwarming...

And heal scrolls.... wow....less cool down... I can even hit my warforged friends and get them to full... it just rocks...

I haven't really used a full wand up in forever... maybe on a raid when I am conserving SP for cometfall or something I will use wands

And the scrolls are fairly cost effective...either that or I am just getting better at when to use my mana when not to and when to say to a group"Um... this is getting a little expensive keeping you guys alive...if you have potions use them, please use a different strategy or maybe we should try something else :)"

Oh and have I mentioned how much I have fallen in love with harm as well??? and now I can keep my shield on all the time with my spectre???

Happy Happy cleric...

See ya in Stormreach

vyvy3369
03-27-2007, 11:39 AM
And the scrolls are fairly cost effective
Heal scrolls are 18.33x as expensive as a CMW charge, at 7.86 times the benefit.

Edit: to clarify, scrolls are by definition more costly than wands. Scrolls use 25 * spell level * caster level, wands use 15 * spell level * caster level per charge. That makes up for some of the inefficiency difference, but higher level items get increasingly more costly per benefit, basically.

darksol23
03-27-2007, 11:39 AM
I'm also a big fan of Heal and Mass Cures... With improved devotion VI item + Healing Sceptre + maxed out healing enchanements (except improved empower, which I only have the first level of) heals hit for around 216 and crit well over 400.

Likewise with the loss of wands being boosted by devotion, and me not wanting to waste AP on wand buffs, I've switched to using mostly heal scrolls and cure mass scrolls... I find I'm spending the same in PP that I used to and I'm loving the freed up pack space of not having to carry a billion wands...

Also you can't beat the burstabilty of chain casting Heals and Cure Mass. (Alternating between mana and scrolls)

Blazer
03-27-2007, 11:53 AM

I may get rid of Empower healing in the future. For now, I'll keep it. I will be running with it off to see if I notice any significant different given my new, smaller SP pool. If I don't see a difference, then sure, I'll more than likely swap it out.

Prior to this enhancement overhaul, however, Empower Healing coupled with the top of the line enhancement was the bee's knees (nice use Avonwey, by the way).

tihocan
03-27-2007, 12:20 PM
I've been playing a cleric for more than one year (rerolled at L11, currently back at L10), and I never felt the need for empower healing.
That's good because I can use my enhancements and feats for stuff I like better :)

moops
03-27-2007, 12:46 PM
I'll keep empower healing for now, because Heal has a longish cooldown time--and though I carry Heal scrolls, I'd rather spend my money on other fun things for myself.

I also tend to run dungeons with fewer people than the norm, so for me the ability to be able to burst heal when things get sitcky is key--scrolls still are not as fast as casting the actual spell, and often times I have a spell penetration or Void Lore item in my hand and it takes time to switch to the scroll and then to use it.

GlassJaw
03-27-2007, 12:52 PM
I'll never give up Empower Healing. I never turn it off.

As far as Heal goes, it's great, and I certainly use it, but it's not as good as CLW/CMW for burst in-combat healing because of the casting time and cooldown timer.

Gangwulfe
03-27-2007, 01:59 PM
Guys.

I use Heal 24 / 7.

On the off chance that things have gone terrible for some reason, and AOE heals or DH can not take care of it, combined with the Heal spell...

I Just spend 25 mana and use my lv 4 Heal spell. (Cure Serious, I think)

It hits for about 40 HP, and it costs 2 more mana than an empowered cure moderate.

Now, I know this is not totally streamlined, but in an emergency situation, its good enough.

You combine this with the fact that Rangers / Bards / Paladins and other Clerics should be healing when things get tight, then I really can see no reason to have Empower anymore.

Not that I ever used it, but you get the point. :cool:

Gang

Luthen
03-27-2007, 02:52 PM
Said this a few times in multiple threads. My friends call me da O.G. I am, for all intents and purposes, a Battle Cleric. Though I was not designed that way. It's just how I play. I use Empower Healing for my Cure Mod and Cure Light Mass spells. Otherwise it's all about the Heal spell. I do a base of 204 with an Improved Devo 6 helm and the Life Magic line. With a crit I have hit 496 on a Heal.

I don't care what kind of cleric you are. Life Magic is a must as it helps both healing and negative energy damage spells. They're just cheap and easy enhancements.

Blazer
03-27-2007, 02:59 PM
You combine this with the fact that Rangers / Bards / Paladins and other Clerics should be healing when things get tight, then I really can see no reason to have Empower anymore.

If you can always run with Rangers/Bards/Paladins/and other Clerics, then yeah, this can work for you.

I can count on one hand the # of parties I've been in the past few months on my cleric where there has been a 2nd cleric around, and still have enough fingers left over to high-five you. ;)

Many of my groups tend to be Barb/Fighter heavy. Or at least very high HP heavy. This past weekend for example I was in DQ Ch 1 with a dorf ranger (200+ HPs), and 4 Barbarians (1 human, 1 dorf, 1 elf, 1 halfling - quite the spread, I know). So yeah, I was looking at healing well over 1200 HPs with all the raging going around. At that point, having Empowered Healing helped me squeeze every last bit of healing goodness out of my 900 SPs.

1200+ HPs on the 5 melee. Guess how many shields were in use? 1 tower shield and that was mine. :)
Funny side note about that DQ group. Since it was an all guild run I think they decided to mess with me. They must have coordinated this all through tells, which made it all the better. I had just finished commenting on all the HPs in this party, we enter the quest, and clean up the first 4 efreet and flesh renderer leading up the stairs. Now keep in mind there are 6 corridors branching out from this main room, much like a wagon wheel. Everyone gathers for a quick mass heal and a ghetto haste and then...ZIP!!!...they each go off down a separate corridor! I was horrified for about half a second then started LMAO. Was another fantastic moment with my guild.

Gangwulfe
03-27-2007, 11:01 PM
Ok so I did some research.

I grabbed the 40 pct healing helm from my Paladin (4th and lower) and tossed it on my cleric.

She also has capped life magic enhancement now.

But she does not have empower healing.

This is what I came up with, testing out healing.

CLW - 2 sec cooldown, 10 mana - 15-25 Heals.

CMW - 4 sec cooldown, 15 mana - 30-40 Heals

CSW - 6 sec cooldown, 20 Mana - 50-60 Heals

CCW - 8 sec cooldown, 25 mana - 60-70 Heals

Heal - 12 Sec cooldown, 35 Mana - 169 Heals

Mass Cure Moderate - 12 Sec Cooldown - 35 Mana - 35-45 Heals

Now, I know this is not an exact science, but for a mini test, it kinda all fits in.

Now, If empowered cure moderates hit for 60-70 ish, then is it really necessary to use it after you get Heal?

If you cast CCW or CSW even un-empowered, you an get similar results without needing the feat. If you combine it with the Heal spell, it is much better in my opinion, and you save a feat.

If you are worried about cooldowns, then all I can say is that... if your group is takeing more damage than you can cast 3 or 4 healing spells in a 10 second period, you might want to rethink your tactics a bit...

What ya'll think?

Gang

Avonwey
03-28-2007, 09:46 AM
I can think of two very good reasons to have the empowered healing feat.

One, is it allows you to take the Improved Empowered Healing enhancements, which reduces the amount of SP required to cast empowered healing spells. This can significantly stretch how far your SP lasts.

Second is that in certain end-boss type fights, you want the MAXIMUM healing possible in a short amount of time. A maximized, empowered mass cure light wounds can heal a truly massive amount of damage.

Granted, in probably 95% of situations this is a bit overkill, but its nice to have for that other 5%.

Gol
03-28-2007, 10:00 AM
I've seen my Empowered CSWs (non-crit) heal for over 100 before (Life 4, Superior Devotion 4). With the lower cooldown timer and for 5 less SP, I usually just stick to that. I don't have to let the tanks get down so far before popping it.

llevenbaxx
03-28-2007, 10:24 AM
Guys.

I use Heal 24 / 7.

On the off chance that things have gone terrible for some reason, and AOE heals or DH can not take care of it, combined with the Heal spell...

I Just spend 25 mana and use my lv 4 Heal spell. (Cure Serious, I think)

It hits for about 40 HP, and it costs 2 more mana than an empowered cure moderate.

Now, I know this is not totally streamlined, but in an emergency situation, its good enough.

Not that I ever used it, but you get the point. :cool:

Gang

I always wondered this myself. I never took Empowered Healing, instead I took Heighten spell and Maximize Spell. I have always gotten by with little trouble. Ive never had the feeling in the instance of a wipe "If I only had Empower Healing...." but who can say.

Quite the opposite, with moderate use of heighten and minimal use of maximize at certain times I think I end up saving myself sp anyway. Plus its a hell of alot more fun.:D

Gangwulfe
03-29-2007, 01:54 AM
I just do not get it.

One person talks about cooldown timers, when its clear you can just use multiple spells if youre worried about cooldown timers.

Annother talks about useing maxamized and empowered cure light wounds. Whats that, about 45 mana for like 75 HP? How is that better than 35 for 200? How is that better for 25 for 70? How is it beter to need TWO feats to do this than useing none?

Other people say they do not want to overheal, but yet, are you saying you never do it with empowered heals?

Lastly, you say you can take the empower healing enhancements, wich then takes away enhancement points you could spend elsewhere, to do basically the same ammount of healing or less than if you did not use it in the first place.

It just does not all add up to me.

Guys I seriously believe, this is like one of the many things about DDO that is just popular belief.... that a long time ago the people on the forums decided empower healing was the "bees knees", but when the game contenet and level content changed, they theory's that were thought up back in the begining, never changed with the times.

I don't expect ya'll to go and change your feat list, but still... just something to think about...

Empower healing is awesome untill lv 11... then, it just becomes obsolete IMO.

Think about it. Do you honestly think when tanks are running around with 500-600 HP at lv 18-20 that youre going to be spamming them with cure light wounds?

I sure hope not...

Gang

Gangwulfe
03-29-2007, 02:38 AM
Ok, I thought about this more.

And the more I think about it, the more I think people do not use it because of cooldown timers.

I just do not understand why people can not hotkey 3 healing spells, instead of 1 but hey...

It is not like when you cast one of them, the cooldown tiemrs are not moveing when you are useing annother heal.

/shrug.

Maybe people just can not do micro-management, and like to hit the "easy" button...

Gang

vyvy3369
03-29-2007, 07:04 AM
To reply again, Improved Empowered Heals can be just as efficient or better then Heal, depending on how you use them. The reason cooldown timers is brought up is because you're talking about the efficiency of ONE spell, whereas IEH improves the efficiency of almost all of your healing spells. When that one spell you're relying on is cooling down, you're forced to rely on less efficient ones.

You also mentioned overhealing, and it is far less of a concern with the lower level spells than it is with Heal.

Empower Healing is still incredibly useful. You mentioned levels 18-20, and by then it probably won't be. Even come level 14 it might be past the time of real usefulness, but that time isn't yet here. Edit: If you read back, I mentioned that IEH w/ CSW is still just as good as Heal for around 110 HPs or less. As we continue to go up in levels, that type of threshold is going to be easier to come across, and the lower level spells will continue to decrease in usefulness. For the time being though, it's still a very useful means of handling things.

Strykersz
03-29-2007, 09:54 AM
With mass heal coming(200 base at 20 so 360 with an 80% mod or some absolutely ridiculous number on a human with improved recovery, 410 or some such. I forget the mod on IR 3), I don't see the utility of Improved Empower healing going away, really. Its real use is to improve the efficiency of inefficient heals. I'm sure we would all love to be able to rely on Heal for all of our healing needs, but the simple fact is that most people don't have the hp needed to make healing when they've lost 110 hp a good idea.

Broto
03-29-2007, 10:09 AM
I use Empower for Mass cure light/mod wounds.

Darkschneider
03-29-2007, 11:23 AM
Guys I seriously believe, this is like one of the many things about DDO that is just popular belief.... that a long time ago the people on the forums decided empower healing was the "bees knees", but when the game contenet and level content changed, they theory's that were thought up back in the begining, never changed with the times.

Bingo!

Couldn't have said it better myself! :D

Mad_Bombardier
03-29-2007, 11:34 AM

Empower healing is awesome untill lv 11... then, it just becomes obsolete IMO.

Think about it. Do you honestly think when tanks are running around with 500-600 HP at lv 18-20 that youre going to be spamming them with cure light wounds?Gang, I was a proponent of this philosophy as well. I had changed to primarily a Heal spell user and even considered swapping out my EmpHeal feat. That is, until LifeMagic affected all healing levels. EmpHeal is multiplicative, so it also multiplies your Devotion/LifeMagic bonus increase and it works on Mass cures.

(2d6+4 + level) * (1 +.4 +.3) * 1.5 * 6-12 party members = whole lotta luv. :D

Not to say that EmpHeal is the "bee's knees," or even needs to be a part of every Cleric build. But for those that still have it, don't give up on EmpHealing yet, its still a contender!

Gangwulfe
03-29-2007, 12:16 PM
You know, if someone want's to ague mass cures, especiay as an offensive weapon vs undead, then sure.

I can buy that.

But for single target healing, even with the enhancments, I think as the level cap goes up (and people's HP) it just gets worse and worse to use anything but Heal.

Here is something to think about.

When a person goes up a level, thier "cure spell" gets an additional + 1 to the die roll.

After they go up that same level, thier Heal spell gets TEN points more healing ability.

Now, I may not be a math major, but I know 1 point is not as good as ten...

And I would love to see you try and show me some math where mass Heal will not be more effective for 50 mana, for AOE 200 HP basic, than super duper empowered and maxamized cure whatever...

Like I said, when the game first came out, empower healing was good.

Unfournatly the game has changed.

There really is no reason to use it as the level cap goes up.

The higher level spells are just way to effective.

In a few weeks, we will be lv 14.

Suposedly by the end of the year, we will be lv 20.

Mass Heal is going to be here soon.

Large packs of undead better start to get afraid now..

But for actual healing application, I really think empower is going to be a thing of the past...

Gang

Blackwolfe
03-29-2007, 01:20 PM
I use wands, scrolls and mana during big fights. I have the second level of IEH, maxed out life magic and 2 levels of wand mastery.

I love Heal but almost always cast it during fights off scrolls. The reason for this is the huge cooldown timer. During a knockdown drag out fight that requires pulling out the big healing guns, your team is probably going to need a couple of these in close proximity. So the quick casting of Heal off scrolls with the same cooldown as a CLW is nice.

I have my wands and scrolls on a hotbar right next to each other. I start out the fight, if i'm not swinging, with an appropriate level wand (elite content-serious, norm/hard-moderate) and use the wand exclusively until damage is experienced that requires a change in healing tactics. Then its onto a Heal scroll followed by burst mana and then back to wands.

The ability of IEH to reduce the mana costs of my burst healing, no matter how small, is useful even up to elite high end content. I do not like my tanks getting lower than 1/3 of their bars as the occasional crit could lead to a serious situation. "As the main tank goes, usually so goes the party" is a phrase that I use all the time.

I also love mass cures, but find that hearding the cats to get the best use out of them requires a good group or one that respects the cleric's job, i.e guild. Even then there is always the "got to be ahead of the rest" guy who is out in front out of range. Thats what the grease ring is for though....lol

So in my opinion, no matter how your spec'd and what your preference is, as long as it works for you and your party, stick with it. Some people want to miser out every ounce of mana for healing and other want to save their mana for other things. As long as were all having fun, its all good.

BTW, thanks for a great and informative discussion on healing philosophies.

Strykersz
03-29-2007, 03:20 PM
And I would love to see you try and show me some math where mass Heal will not be more effective for 50 mana, for AOE 200 HP basic, than super duper empowered and maxamized cure whatever...

Target has lost 60hp. An improved, enhanced, etc. CMW heals them to full and is cheaper than a heal spell.

Gangwulfe
03-29-2007, 04:50 PM
Thats Great Strkyerz.

Now, how about the other 5 group members that still need healing?

:)

Gang

PS.

If "I" was healing only one target, I would use an unempowered Cure Serious, for 20 mana, and not only heal them to full, still have a free feat and use less mana than you did. ;)

Gang

Lifespawn
04-01-2007, 08:57 AM
ieh3 bring down the mana costs difference to nil yes heal itself goes uo 10 points of healing but as u said urseld cure spells get 1 to die roll and thats to every die so add that into a empowered cure mod mass and i hit multiple people for over 100 with only 43 mana enjoy trying to do that with the heal spell

Merjon
08-03-2007, 03:18 PM
Maybe I just don't play with 'uber' enough people, but I just don't see the HP levels necessary a lot of the time to use heal for anyone but melees.

I do have and use empowered healing and have the enhancements for life magic as well as superior devotion 5 and greater devotion 6. Given all that...

Cure Light hits for enough to hit for 30% of max HP on a lot of casters, great to top off people who are standing out of melee range and therefore out of mass range as well. Nothing hits faster to take care of 2-3 damaged casters/archers. It's FAST.

Cure moderate or serious works great to take an arcane/healer/bard/some rangers/rogue and top them off while they're taking damage. It's still faster than heal.

Now, for melees, I rarely cast anything but heal. I AM willing to let a melee drop to 50% most of the time, and with the above modifiers, a heal will take anyone but the uberest of HP-based barbarians to max from anywhere but the bottom of their life bar.

If I need spot heals for melees and have the time, I tend to top them off with wands...

If two melees are taking serious damage at the same time, I tend to target one, and keep tapping them with a wand to keep them reasonably high up, then when the second one drops below 50%, I hit heal on them.

Maybe when and if I'm ever playing with people decked out in full raid gear then C(L/M/S)W will be a waste and it'll be time to drop empower healing. However right now I'd be wasting all that 'extra healing' I get with the heal spell on all but most melees.

Elleron
08-18-2007, 10:59 AM
Heal is my most used healing spell, I have items that give me 80% increase and I have empower heal on all the time and my heal is for 331. Works great on those melee types that know nothing but dps. I usually ask when I join a group what kind of hitpoints they have so I can tell whom I am going to cast heal on.

Starlytes
08-18-2007, 06:01 PM
All I am trying to say here is that the Heal spell can be AWESOME!!

Back when the new enhancement system came out I wanted to see just how good of a healer I could be.... I was bored and spent a couple dragon shards and focused mainly on the healing factor of being a cleric.... taking any enhancement I could when it was available to make my healing spells more effctive

I carried the Invaders Scept. in one hand ( only for the crit factor ) and a Superior Devotion VI item in the other hand....

My Heal spell lands every time for almost 400hp and crits for over 900 ( 978 ) if i remember correctly ( for some reason 1500 or more when healing Pets / Mobs that shouldnt die like in Madstone )

Now take into concideration that .... I havent played DDO since the end of April ( moved changed jobs ect..) and when I took my leave of absence from the game that is what my cleric was doing for heals. So I am not sure what if any changes have been made to the spell if it was a bug that has been changed or whatever ...

Come the end of August or by the latest Mid Sept when I am able to get back in game ..... I will post my Stats/Enhancements/Gear that I run with if i am still gettin those kinds of Heals off

If you are a doubting Thomas there are plenty of people who I used to run with that still play DDO that can attest to the fact of the Heals because I would send a tell ( hehehe check your combat log and see what my heal did to u hehehe ) the the individual I hit with my Heals and especialy when the critted so they would know why I let them get down to 10% health b4 healing them ... Just trying to be manna consevative :)

I so hope when i do get back in game and running my cleric that the Heals are as I left them because it was gave me great pleasure knowing that I was a Heal Machine....

Enough of this ... it sounds like I am braggin when that was not the intention of the post ... My intention is to let u know that Heal is an awesome spell and I dont mind Healing WF either because of the fact that my Spells would take care of them :)

Starlytes lvl 14 Sorc
Klairyk lvl 14 Cleric
Tarkaynian lvl 14 Fighter
Vittorianna lvl 14 Rog(at least that was the names B4 server Merge :) havent had the chance to see if I need to change any names as of yet ;) ...)
and a few others

Proud member of Elite by Nature Guild of Mabar
( again was b4 merge not sure if guild is still active or not ... )

Geonis
08-18-2007, 09:37 PM
The Lower HP characters who should not be takeing damage in the first place, is what Divine Healing is for. ;)

AMEN!

Everytime I start throwing out the Divine Healing though, people then start popping potions. Never until after the Divine Healing starts hitting. It makes no sense to me. I guess they just can't remember to heal themselves until the friendly little reminder starts pinging. :confused:

smodge13
08-23-2007, 05:23 AM
Empower healing is never mana efficient.

however with the new metamagic system coming up i am very tempted to respec it onto Smodge, currently he crit heals for around 800ish, just imagine crit healing a vampire for over 1k (yes 1k+ heals are possible atm)

+10sp for a 50% boost is definately going to be worth it

x2 sp for a 50% boost isnt and never will be.

Mad_Bombardier
08-23-2007, 10:09 AM
Empower healing is never mana efficient.

x2 sp for a 50% boost isnt and never will be.You are thinking of Empower Spell with x2 cost. Empower Healing was always mana efficient at x1.5 cost for x1.5 output (and more since it multiplied times your Potency/Devotion and Life Magic, too). Add the Improved EmpHeal enhancements and it became even more mana efficient.

But, in the new system, +10 SP will be inefficient for CLW and CMW, essentially x2 or x1.6 cost for x1.5 output. The new system will be cheaper for Mass Cure spells.

..Base SP Old New
CLW ...10 15 20
CMW ..15 23 25
CSW ...20 30 30
CLW:m 30 45 40
CSW:m 40 60 50