PDA

View Full Version : Request for Guide: Expected Loot vs. Dungeon Level

Ron
03-25-2007, 02:33 PM
Would anyone be interested in putting something like this together?

The reason I ask is that I'm interested in what I should expect to be getting from the random chests in a dungeon. For instance, I've just started running level 6 quests with my solo character, and I was sort of expecting to start seeing elemental weapon drops, but so far I'm still seeing plain +2 weapons (from the fancy chests), which are just vender fodder for me :) At what level dungeon would one expect to see their first elemental weapon drops? Or the first +3 chain? Or a vorpal blade? What is the typical silver drop from a breakable in a level 3 dungeon? From a level 6 dungeon? And so on.

I know it wouldn't be an exact science, and for that matter would probably have to be broken down into breakable, plain chest, fancy chest, and boss chest (and the latter may not be very random at all).

Would it even be a useful guide? And does anyone have a good feel for the topic such that it could even be started?

Huebacca
03-26-2007, 12:53 AM
I think the highest you can get from a chest are items 3 levels below the quest.

Edit: You can also check this link (http://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php?&postid=941912#post941912) out.

Ron
03-27-2007, 12:07 PM
Aye, but what would be really nice is if we could get a breakdown. Basically reverse engineer Turbine's loot tables :)

For example:
Level 1 plain chest
5-20 gold
weapon (30%)
armor (20%)
masterwork weapon (10%)
masterwork armor (5%)
Thieves Tools (10%)

I believe there are three types of chests, Plain, Fancy, and Ornate (not official terms, I just made them up, hehe). However, the latter may not use standard loot tables (those are Boss chests, and each one I think has it's own unique list, which can be found in Cataclysm's very cool thread, I'm more intersted in the standard loot tables).

However, it would only work if things are consistent, i.e. if I run a level 3 quest on Normal and open a plain chest, will I get the same loot table as if I run *ANY* other level 3 quest on Normal and open a plain chest.

I have a feeling it isn't that easy. Not to start any chest voodoo or anything, but haven't the devs stated that your character level and class have an effect on what you pull? If that's the case, this may be an exercise in futility :)

tihocan
03-27-2007, 12:09 PM
I may be wrong, but I suspect that as long as you can get a +2 sword, you can also get a +1 elemental one.
I think they're just much rarer than they used to be when the game launched, because of the many new effects that have been added to the game (so you can instead get a +1 seeker, a +1 vertigo, etc.)

Strykersz
03-28-2007, 07:33 AM
Graal has said here (http://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php?p=801701#post801701) that chest loot is determined by a roll on a type and than a quality table.

Ziggy
03-28-2007, 01:01 PM
well we in the barebones got a +1 elemental rapier out of tangleroot.(i forget which quest)

+1 elemental is a ML:2 item isnt it?(has to be otherwise BB wouldnt be able to use it yet)

so i mean i would expect it out of level 4 quests probably.(i think the quest level -3 doesnt kick in till level 8 or so).

isnt a +2 weapon ML 2 as well? so i mean you just didnt get lucky with your roll.

but thats my oppinion.