PDA

View Full Version : Do Rangers automatically get Precise Shot now?

Kylstrem
03-18-2007, 06:30 PM
Reading the Release Notes, it says they get Improved Precise Shot at L12 for free, but mentions earlier about Rangers getting both Precise Shot and Improved Precise shot as class feats.

Does anyone know for sure about the regular ol' Precise Shot?

Thanks.

Ghoste
03-18-2007, 06:54 PM
No, precise shot and improved precise shot are not free feats before that. Normally precise shot is a pre-requisite for the improved version with lvl 11 rangers as the exception. In PnP rangers have to choose between focusing on archery or on melee combat, and get the corresponding combat feats (many shot, rapid fire, two-handed fighting, etc) for free at various levels whether or not they meet the requirements. Turbine has allowed rangers to go both melee and ranged focus to compensate for not being able to implement many of the other ranger feats.

WeiQuinn
03-19-2007, 06:21 AM
At level 11 Rangers receive Precise Shot, Improved Precise Shot and Greater Two Weapon Fighting as class feats (in DDO at least).

AloneOnTheRange
08-17-2007, 06:33 AM
My ranger already took precise shot before this change came out. Can I substitute it for something else?

Mad_Bombardier
08-17-2007, 10:36 AM
My ranger already took precise shot before this change came out. Can I substitute it for something else?If you have not yet leveled to 11Ranger, then yes, you can easily change out Precise Shot for something else. I have heard some bad stories of people not being able to swap out feats when the same is added as a class ability, but have not experienced it.

Shrazkil
08-24-2007, 08:27 PM
If you have not yet leveled to 11Ranger, then yes, you can easily change out Precise Shot for something else. I have heard some bad stories of people not being able to swap out feats when the same is added as a class ability, but have not experienced it.

the problem in rangers case, is that once you get improved precise shot, it wont let you respec out precise shot. So it must be changed before leveling.