PDA

View Full Version : Need help 2-weapon build

LewsTherin
03-17-2007, 04:22 PM
I'm thinking of building a 2-weapon warrior. Should i go pure ranger, multiclass or should I just go fighter. Any advice would be appreciated. I am an experienced player just never made a ranger b4

Menttal
03-19-2007, 02:11 PM
maybe someone with more exp can tell u i have a twf str ranger and a twf dex i just rolled and is now level 4.

I wasnt a fan of a weapon finesse ranger till i actually made the new level 4 ranger and she a halfling ranger is amazing. either way they both hardly miss and their dps is insane.

jakeelala
03-21-2007, 12:31 PM
maybe someone with more exp can tell u i have a twf str ranger and a twf dex i just rolled and is now level 4.

I wasnt a fan of a weapon finesse ranger till i actually made the new level 4 ranger and she a halfling ranger is amazing. either way they both hardly miss and their dps is insane.

it's true, but if you think the damage is good on a finesse ranger, try buikding a strength ranger.

Elleron
08-16-2007, 02:24 PM
Im partial to the dwarven strength ranger.

A straight ranger has the same bab (base attack bonus) as a fighter and is given all the 2 weapon fighting feats in the game automatically.

32 pt

starting @14
str 18 28(+3 levels, +5 item, +2 tome)
dex 14 24 (+3 enhancement, +5 item, +1 tome)
con 16 26 (+2 enchancement, +6 item)
int 8
wisdom 14 22 (+2 enhancements, +6 item)
cha 6

My ranger is level 12 right now, 282 hps, 337 sp.

feats
1- weapon focus slashing, for dwarven axe and handaxe, fe - undead
3- toughness
5 fe- giant
6 - point blank shot, need it for many shot given to rangers at 6th
9 - improved critical slashing
12- take your pick

skills: heal, jump, spot, balance, tumble, search

I reserve the right to be wrong about everything.... Happy hunting

Blazer
08-16-2007, 02:57 PM
To the OP,

There are, in essense, two ways to go about the STR based TWF. You can go Fighter, which gives you waaaay more feats and access to stuff like Weapon Specialization and Greater WS. The downside is you will need to invest in your DEX more heavily to actually qualify for all the TWF feats. Also, 3 of your waaaay more feats are spoken for with TWF, ITWF, and GTWF.

If you go ranger, you gain all the TWF feats for free, thus allowing you to skimp a bit on your DEX in favor of STR and CON. You won't want to skimp too much on DEX (like leaving it at 8), however, since you will be required to pull out a bow from time to time and you don't want to suck at it. Going ranger also means you get all the other nifty stuff rangers get (buffs, evasion, Many Shot, Favored Enemies). Obviously, you'll lose all the feats that a fighter gets, particularly access to WS and GWS.

Both are highly effective TWF options. There is a halfing TWF fighter in my guild who is deadly dual-wielding khopeshs. There is also a dwarven STR ranger who uses khopesh/kukri sets. Both are very strong builds. Personally, however, I'm partial to the ranger build. You get the same attacks/round without having to invest in the DEX and TWF feats and you get evasion, manyshot, buffs, and favored enemies.

Osharan_Tregarth
08-16-2007, 06:22 PM
I've got a dwarf twf str based ranger, and it really is amazing how much damage he can pump out.

I'd gone straight ranger because I wanted to be able to self cast Freedom of movement, but I can see a good arguement for 12/2 ranger/fighter, ending up with 12/8 endgame.

Fatal
08-17-2007, 09:25 PM
Im partial to the dwarven strength ranger.

6 - point blank shot, need it for many shot given to rangers at 6th

I reserve the right to be wrong about everything.... Happy hunting

You don't actually need PBS for manyshot. It's like the other ranger TWF feats, you get them for free no pre-reqs necessary.

Peace,
Dizz

Blind_Skwerl
08-17-2007, 10:48 PM
I have actually just set up one of these. 32 point Dwarf
My starting stats:
Str 18
Dex 15
Con 16
Int 8
Wis 10
Cha 6

Going to finish out 12 ranger / 2 fighter. You get a +1 to str this way, a little better in the crit enhancements, a couple of extra feats, and more equiptment flexability.