PDA

View Full Version : Guide Request Please

Viglin
03-12-2007, 02:51 PM
Can someone make a list of "fair"[as in make a nice profit while at the same time not needing a shower afterwards;) ] sell prices for unique items[named goods such as Chaosgarde etc....tomes, Paralizer, +4-5 stat items, etc etc]...think this would help a lot of people out.

Thanks in advance.

KaKa
03-12-2007, 03:44 PM
Bad idea! I for one do not want see such guide. There are too many problems that could arise from such a list. Everyone sees value different, people differ, servers differ. I for one do not want to conform to someone elses idea of what they think is "fair" and such a list would just cause certain things to either lose value or gain unneeded value based on whoever dumb enough to write such a guide thinks.

Viglin
03-12-2007, 03:56 PM
Bad idea! I for one do not want see such guide. There are too many problems that could arise from such a list. Everyone sees value different, people differ, servers differ. I for one do not want to conform to someone elses idea of what they think is "fair" and such a list would just cause certain things to either lose value or gain unneeded value based on whoever dumb enough to write such a guide thinks.

Or you know...people could post their ideas and a "guideline" could be made out those posts...but only if one wanted to be fair.

Who said you had to conform?...you wanna post a silly high price..go ahead, no one can force you to sell at any price you dont like.....those who want to be more even balanced would have a good estimate on what to sell an item for at a fair price...and a good shot it will sell.

Nearly all other games have a "Average Price List" on selling items, cant really see how it would hurt here.

Cliffopold
03-12-2007, 04:45 PM
While this doesn't help you create a pricing guide, I'm usually content to post an item at its "real" value (i.e. what's in the item description), or even considerably less for three days, knowing that our simplified auction house market economics will take over. If it's a highly sought after item, the price will sky rocket and I'll pull a tremendous margin over simply chucking it to a vendor. If I overestimated its value, I'll get it back in the mail and chuck it to a vendor ;)

It all depends on how much a prospective buyer is willing to shell out. I never see the bids budge on one million GP tomes anymore.