PDA

View Full Version : Respec made easy: web-based enhancement builder

tihocan
03-11-2007, 10:15 PM
DIRECT LINK: enhancement builder (http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~delallea/ddo/enh/)

NEWS

2009-08-31: I have no plan for a mod.9 update in the near future, so please use Ron's character planner instead (http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO), sorry!
2008-12-01: Fixed ranger prestige enhancements so they are mutually exclusive
2008-06-04: Added monk enhancements to match the official compendium
2008-06-03: Added new non-monk enhancements to match the module 7 release notes
2008-06-02: Updated existing enhancements that are being changed in module 7, according to the first look release notes
2008-02-11: Updated enhancements to match the module 6 release notes
2007-11-27: Fixed Elven melee and ranged enhancements' description
2007-10-11: Updated metamagic enhancements to match their module 5 implementation
2007-09-27: Updated enhancements to match the module 5 release notes
2007-07-19: Updated enhancements to match the 4.2 release notes
2007-07-03: Fixed description for some lineage enhancements, which were not up-to-date
2007-06-28: Updated enhancements to match the 4.1 release notes

KNOWN ISSUES:

I would like someone to check in-game the cost and progression requirement of Ranger Favored Resistance III (the release notes and compendium say it's 4 APs at progression 48, but it makes little sense)
Some complex prerequisites are not enforced, and instead are shown as additional prerequisites below your enhancements list. This is starting to get really ugly and I'll work on fixing it some day.
You are allowed to pick two class enhancements that do not stack, though the game prevents it (so keep it in mind and don't pick twice the same enhancement)
The progression shown by the "How do I get there?" link does not take into account the order in which you took class levels (for multiclass characters), and as a result may not be optimized for your specific build progression: currently, all you can do is manually toy with the priorities in order to match better your class levels. Note that this does not matter for a respec, but only if you want to use the suggested progression as you level up your character.
The "How do I get there?" screen may show enhancements available before they really are, due to level requirements not being enforced (only progression requirements are currently taken into account). Usually this means you just need to wait till the next level (except possibly for some multiclass characters - see above)

------- Below is the original post I made when first publishing this tool ---------

Big thanks to LordDamax who wrote the race/class selection page and provided the initial inspiration for this tool.

- What is it? An enhancement builder you can run on any browser.
- Where is it? Here (http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~delallea/ddo/enh/).
- Why is it different from other enhancement builders? You can pick enhancements in any order, so you can start with the enhancements you really want and not worry about doing the maths for progression requirements, etc. You can also remove enhancements at any time.

If you wonder why some enhancements turn red, check here (http://www.ddo.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1010893&postcount=26).

Any feedback appreciated, in particular bugs & database errors.

You can also check jjflanigan's enhancement builder here (http://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88918) if you don't know it already, and I believe Ron's character builder (http://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87799) now also features the new enhancement system, and this page (http://theband.kicks-ass.org/Pages/enhancements.html) has an Excel sheet partially browsable online.

AmsterdamHeavy
03-11-2007, 10:53 PM
Thanks, very useful.

Ro-Longo
03-11-2007, 11:28 PM
You just made my life 100% easier.

You get a cupcake.

:) :) :) :)

Hecktor
03-12-2007, 12:25 AM
Good work on that! Thanks for the great respec tool. Now its time to study hard.
I put up a link to the webpage at Zoid's Solo Loot Run Videos (http://looting.bravehost.com) website. Hope thats ok. Let me know if its not.

tihocan
03-12-2007, 06:21 AM
I put up a link to the webpage at Zoid's Solo Loot Run Videos (http://looting.bravehost.com) website. Hope thats ok. Let me know if its not.
Sure, np :)

samho
03-12-2007, 06:32 AM
Where I can send out some feedback for this great site? :-)

Since something in the progression seems incorrect, because when I purchase the Dwarven Armor Mastery I, "The current set of enhancements is not valid yet: you need to buy more." just show up for me -- but according to the offline builder / Dev's post of Racial Enhancements, this enhancement should be valid in Level 1 Progression 0.

Amaras
03-12-2007, 06:45 AM
GREAT WORK! Love it ^_^

Amaras
03-12-2007, 06:56 AM
Exception raised:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "enh.cgi", line 906, in ?
main(urlToArgs((os.getenv('QUERY_STRING'))))
File "enh.cgi", line 489, in main
mainLoop(race, classes, levels, argv[7], argv[8], argv[9])
File "enh.cgi", line 536, in mainLoop
assert pos >= 0
AssertionError

It broke :'(

*Edit* FIRST DOUBLE NINJA ^_^

tihocan
03-12-2007, 06:57 AM
Where I can send out some feedback for this great site? :-)
You can post it here or pm me.

Since something in the progression seems incorrect, because when I purchase the Dwarven Armor Mastery I, "The current set of enhancements is not valid yet: you need to buy more." just show up for me -- but according to the offline builder / Dev's post of Racial Enhancements, this enhancement should be valid in Level 1 Progression 0.
Thanks, I see what happened. I'm going to need to check that enhancements with similar names (like armor mastery, which exists for both dwarves and fighters) have similar progression requirements.
I made a quick fix for the dwarven one, but I'll have to go through the database automatically as I suspect this must happen with other enhancements.
Which brings another issue: each time I update the database, there's a risk to mess up the enhancements of other people currently using the tool. I'm sorry about this, I'm not sure yet if I can easily get around it.

sparhawk2006
03-12-2007, 06:58 AM
difinantly very useful. just figured out what i need to be taking with my rogue. which is somthing been wondering cause he does not exist on resia, sweet tool!!

tihocan
03-12-2007, 08:51 AM
I made a major update to the database to fix the bug (and similar other issues) pointed out by samho. Hopefully by the time I need other major updates I will have implemented a way to avoid breaking stuff (I thought about it and it's actually possible).

ericacek
03-12-2007, 08:52 AM
Wow sweet, very nice job ;)

Turbine eh this guy is ahead of you ;)

tihocan
03-12-2007, 08:53 AM
It broke :'(
Is it still broken? If so please pm me the exact url.
It may be due to the db update I was making at the same time you were on it. You may need to start again from scratch, I'm sorry.

VonBek
03-12-2007, 10:20 AM
Thank you very, very much.

Craigthegreat
03-12-2007, 10:32 AM
awesome stuff, thanks for the time it must have taken to put together

Talcyndl
03-12-2007, 10:37 AM
I love the setup. Being able to select the stuff in order of importance, then getting the "how to get there" list is great!

Nineraj
03-12-2007, 11:05 AM
Simply awesome - thanks!

Aleksius
03-12-2007, 11:09 AM
great work!

tihocan
03-12-2007, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the positive feedback everyone :)

Theadora
03-12-2007, 11:23 AM
Great work. I was giddy as a schoolgirl to show my husband when he stopped home for lunch. We've spent the better part of 30m playing with this while the kids nap.

alans240
03-12-2007, 11:25 AM
Great job man.

Rkik_Dnec
03-12-2007, 11:30 AM
Wow.

That is simply awesome.

This will make mine and my friends' lives way easier. I will be promoting this site all over the place :D

Amethyst_Dragon
03-12-2007, 12:35 PM
Very nice!

I do notice you can make impossible builds when changing priorities in the "How do I get there" screen, such as getting enhancement III before enhancement II, but its a minor problem.

kafromet
03-12-2007, 12:38 PM
What does it mean when some options turn red? When you select a red option it makes you remove something else. What causes that? Thanks!

Cidolfas
03-12-2007, 12:38 PM
Wow, this totaly changed the enhancements I was going to take. Now I'm focusing on the things I want to take, not what I thought I needed at that level. Thanks!

tihocan
03-12-2007, 12:42 PM
What does it mean when some options turn red? When you select a red option it makes you remove something else. What causes that? Thanks!
Yep, sorry, I did not really have time to fully document it. The reason behind it is progression requirements. When an enhancement turns red, it means you have enough AP to buy it, but buying it will bring you in a state where you won't be able to fullfill all your enhancements' AP requirements (even by spending any AP you have left).
In an early version you were just forbidden from picking it. But it was frustrating as you had to remove other enhancements "at random" in order to be able to pick it again.
Now, you can still pick it, but the system will prompt you to remove (an)other enhancement(s) immediately, so you are always guaranteed to be able to fulfill progression requirements.

Riddikulus
03-12-2007, 12:44 PM
Wow, this totaly changed the enhancements I was going to take. Now I'm focusing on the things I want to take, not what I thought I needed at that level. Thanks!
/agreed

Very nicely done tihocan.

Qzipoun
03-12-2007, 12:45 PM
Hmmm...

There seems to be an issue with this though (Or with the way i'm updating in-game)

I used the site to get a list of enhancements I want but it is impossible for me to do the same in the game. I added a couple enhancements (lvl I's) but I can't add their next level because they all require a minimum of action points SPENT. I've got a couple lvl I's but to update them I need to spend 10 action points. If I do spend 10 action points then I don't have enough left to get all the enhancements I want.

So which one is it, is the site not taking into consideration the cost of action points SPENT or am I doing something wrong?

tihocan
03-12-2007, 12:49 PM
Hmmm...

There seems to be an issue with this though (Or with the way i'm updating in-game)

I used the site to get a list of enhancements I want but it is impossible for me to do the same in the game. I added a couple enhancements (lvl I's) but I can't add their next level because they all require a minimum of action points SPENT. I've got a couple lvl I's but to update them I need to spend 10 action points. If I do spend 10 action points then I don't have enough left to get all the enhancements I want.

So which one is it, is the site not taking into consideration the cost of action points SPENT or am I doing something wrong?
It's very possible (and likely) that my database contains progression requirements errors, which would lead to such a situation.
Can you please pm me the url of my tool's page showing the enhancements you have selected, and tell me exactly at which point you're blocked? (i.e. which enhancement my builder tells you to take, and what's its progression requirement in-game?).
Thanks!

PS: pm me an url like this one (http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~delallea/ddo/enh/cgi-bin/enh.cgi?race=human&barbarian=3&barbarian=0&bard=0&current=822,821,21,0,2,22,30,6,9,20&priority=&action=-2)

Impaqt
03-12-2007, 01:08 PM
I was able to take Human Adp and DV 3 as my first 2 Enhancments... This is way broken.. AT least for clerics....

tihocan
03-12-2007, 01:13 PM
I was able to take Human Adp and DV 3 as my first 2 Enhancments... This is way broken.. AT least for clerics....
No, it's the way this tool works: notice that at the top of the screen, it should tell you that your setup is not valid yet. You will have to buy enhancements until all progression requirements (not shown atm for the sake of simplicity) are all fullfilled.

Qzipoun
03-12-2007, 01:19 PM
Ok, I figured it out now. The problem was on my side, sorry for the false alarm ;)

The sorcerer enhancements all have similar names (Lineage of Deadly Elemental vs Lineage of Elemental for example) I had written down the process on paper before trying it in game and confused a couple of the names :(

Now that I figured it out I must say this is a great tool!!

Make sure you use up ALL your action points and click the link on top. That's actually a feature, it's so you don't have to start from the bottom, you can chose "Adp and DV3" then fill the rest to see how you can get TO them

Impaqt
03-12-2007, 01:23 PM
Hmmm.. I'd rather not make mistakes during the progression rather than Being dissapointed when I cannot get to where I want to go.... I'll stick with Rons and JJ's Tools.....

Thanks for the effort though, I'm sure many people will find this helpful.

Gratch
03-12-2007, 01:24 PM
The multiclassing side is a bit broken. I tried entering in the normal Batman build of Pal2, Rog4, Fighter6... but it gives me enhancments for all classes instead of just those 3. I also don't believe just the class and their levels is enough entry information for the "How to Get There" screen. You would actually need to enter which classes you took at which level.

As an example, think of a Fighter 6, Rogue 5, Pal 1. If you took Paladin as your last level... you can't use AP for a Paladin enhancement until you take that Paladin level... you can save AP for it from previous levels. Without knowing when each level was taken... you can't actually know which enhancements you meet the level restrictions for to get the ordering correct. Especially in cases where you go back and forth between classes as you level.

That said, at least the tool does all the addition/selection filtering for me, but I'll probably have to figure out my own ordering. Thanks for this.

Rkik_Dnec
03-12-2007, 01:27 PM
Hmmm.. I'd rather not make mistakes during the progression rather than Being dissapointed when I cannot get to where I want to go.... I'll stick with Rons and JJ's Tools.....

Thanks for the effort though, I'm sure many people will find this helpful.

Did you see the "How do I get there?" link?

It lists exactly what order to take the enhancements in order to get where you want to go.

tihocan
03-12-2007, 01:35 PM
The multiclassing side is a bit broken. I tried entering in the normal Batman build of Pal2, Rog4, Fighter6... but it gives me enhancments for all classes instead of just those 3. I also don't believe just the class and their levels is enough entry information for the "How to Get There" screen. You would actually need to enter which classes you took at which level.

As an example, think of a Fighter 6, Rogue 5, Pal 1. If you took Paladin as your last level... you can't use AP for a Paladin enhancement until you take that Paladin level... you can save AP for it from previous levels. Without knowing when each level was taken... you can't actually know which enhancements you meet the level restrictions for to get the ordering correct. Especially in cases where you go back and forth between classes as you level.

That said, at least the tool does all the addition/selection filtering for me, but I'll probably have to figure out my own ordering. Thanks for this.
Thanks for pointing this out, I'll add it to the known issues. This problem is inherent to the core idea of the tool, which is mainly to let people play easily with a respec (something all of us will need to do today).

When respeccing, it does not matter when you took which class. In fact, if you consider you could hold on ALL your action points until you reach the cap, then it does not matter either. But it's true that if you want to spend APs as you get them (which most people want to do), then:
1) My tool does not do it automatically at the moment (I thought about it, and although possible, I just didn't have time to implement it). You could simulate it by playing with priorities though (in the "how do I get there?" screen)
2) You may actually be forced to hold on action points while leveling up (that's a direct consequence of the new system), and there's nothing that can be done about it

tihocan
03-12-2007, 01:38 PM
The multiclassing side is a bit broken. I tried entering in the normal Batman build of Pal2, Rog4, Fighter6... but it gives me enhancments for all classes instead of just those 3.
That's a bug, I'm on it right now, thanks!

Edit: fixed, that was a stupid typo in the code, I'm actually surprised it broke only tri-class builds.

BrianTheHun
03-12-2007, 01:49 PM
Very nice, thank you for your time spent working on this.

Gratch
03-12-2007, 02:24 PM
When respeccing, it does not matter when you took which class. In fact, if you consider you could hold on ALL your action points until you reach the cap, then it does not matter either. But it's true that if you want to spend APs as you get them (which most people want to do), then:

Sadly my multiclass toon isn't on Risia... so I'm not 100% on how the drop and respec part of it works as far of class levels requirements.

Thanks for fixing the triclass display issue as well.

Chardros
03-12-2007, 05:09 PM
OP. That tool is awesome. Wish it was that easy in game.

Goldheart
03-12-2007, 05:33 PM
glad I found this. I'm replying so I don't lose it. :D

Rkik_Dnec
03-12-2007, 06:55 PM
Couple Comments:

- AP cost in the Enh description
It would nice to know how much the enhancements cost to help with planning. Also, progression requirments might be nice to see.

- General formatting
When I was picking enhancements for my cleric the columns seemed to get a bit wonky at times.

- Specific ranks
This may be alleviated by the first point, but when I was planning my character I entered him in as level 9, and the program assumed I had 4 ranks. So when I got ingame I couldn't pick my last enhancement because I didn't have enough. Maybe a way to specify what ranks would be handy, though it may not be of huge use. *shrug*

Riddikulus
03-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Human Adaptability has the wrong progression.

In-game it's 2 APs / progression 18 / level 5,
but the builder seems to have it as progression 16.

tihocan
03-12-2007, 09:14 PM
- AP cost in the Enh description
It would nice to know how much the enhancements cost to help with planning. Also, progression requirments might be nice to see.
The cost is shown in parenthesis.
I will probably eventually add progression requirements. I wanted to take them out for the sake of simplicity, but adding them would help find mistakes with them. I'll most likely add this tomorrow.

- General formatting
When I was picking enhancements for my cleric the columns seemed to get a bit wonky at times.
Oh yes, I'm a total HTML noob. The formatting is far from optimal. I agree it would be nice to have a better one, but I didn't have time to do better, my priority is to get a working tool. But thanks for reminding me of how much it sucks ;)

- Specific ranks
This may be alleviated by the first point, but when I was planning my character I entered him in as level 9, and the program assumed I had 4 ranks. So when I got ingame I couldn't pick my last enhancement because I didn't have enough. Maybe a way to specify what ranks would be handy, though it may not be of huge use. *shrug*
Yes, actually wanted to add that earlier, just didn't find the time to do it.
One workaround is to plan your enhancements up to full level, then play with the priorities in order to push an enhancement you don't really care about as the last one you take.

tihocan
03-12-2007, 09:21 PM

Actually I have it at 14.
****, I hoped it was just a typo. There are a handful of enhancements (these ones and arcane fluidity, I believe) which did not match the usual progression requirements, so I fixed them myself.
The main issue is my tool assumes the progression are coherent with the level requirement. I'll have to change this so that it can work. I'll see if I can do it now. Thanks for pointing it out!

tihocan
03-12-2007, 09:33 PM
I fixed the critical rage enhancement for barbarians to match in-game data (this one was easy to fix).

tihocan
03-12-2007, 09:43 PM

This one should be fixed now. It's an ugly hack in the database but I'll get a cleaner fix later (unless Turbine also fixes it).

tihocan
03-12-2007, 09:50 PM
Ok I hacked a fix for drow/elf arcane fluidity I (whose progression requirement is also probably bugged in game).

tihocan
03-12-2007, 10:04 PM
Another minor db update: I added barbarian intimidation as per in-game data I'm currently looking at.

Any other db mistake do not hesitate to tell me! I'll go to bed now and will fix them tomorrow morning.

Thanks again everyone for the feedback :)

jjflanigan
03-12-2007, 10:20 PM
Another minor db update: I added barbarian intimidation as per in-game data I'm currently looking at.

Any other db mistake do not hesitate to tell me! I'll go to bed now and will fix them tomorrow morning.

Thanks again everyone for the feedback :)

Heh, that's an odd change...you have to take the 4 levels of the barbarian intimidate skill enhancement to choose the barbarian intimidation enhancement.

tihocan
03-13-2007, 09:10 AM
Heh, that's an odd change...you have to take the 4 levels of the barbarian intimidate skill enhancement to choose the barbarian intimidation enhancement.
Yes, it makes some sense but I think it's a bit exaggerated.

Anyway, new feature added as suggested above: the progression requirements are now displayed in the tooltips. This should not be needed to use the tool, but if you spot any requirement that does not match the in-game data, please let me know and I'll fix it asap!

tihocan
03-13-2007, 11:00 AM
I just added a new feature for this purpose. Increase the amount of desired unused action points at the top of the screen! :)

tihocan
03-13-2007, 12:44 PM
Another cosmetic update: added rank information on the "how do I get there" page, since some people were confused between rank and progression.

Beorn_The_Bear
03-13-2007, 11:49 PM
I have a cler5/pal1 and received 20 AP to respec. Your builder gives me 24? who's right?

tihocan
03-14-2007, 06:22 AM
I have a cler5/pal1 and received 20 AP to respec. Your builder gives me 24? who's right?
The game. The builder assumes you have earned all action points at your level, but obviously you haven't gained any yet.
Look at the top of the page and increase the "amount of desired unused action points" to 4, and you'll be able to match the game data.

tihocan
03-15-2007, 10:27 AM
Another shameless "new feature bump": you can now specify directly on the start page the number of action points you have gained at your current level, so you don't need to manually tweak the "number of unused action points" later. Hopefully this will clear some of the confusion.

Kerbear
03-15-2007, 10:32 AM
this thing is really nice :D ty for taking the time to do all of this!

usif
03-15-2007, 09:50 PM
is there a chance that this reflects current lvl 14 enhance form risia? If it doesnt could it?

tihocan
03-16-2007, 08:25 AM
is there a chance that this reflects current lvl 14 enhance form risia? If it doesnt could it?
Yes, that's what I've been working on here (http://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94018). If a few people who have Risia installed could just login and check that list is correct for their own race/class combo, this would be awesome.

All enhancements listed in that thread are currently in the builder, but they were obtained from older Risia data, so I'm not sure they are accurate / comprehensive (exception: Human Greater Adaptability is not in the database yet, hopefully I will be able to add it later today).

tihocan
03-19-2007, 01:57 PM
I finally added Human Greater adaptability.
Also note the following new known issue: human adaptability enhancements have been given the progression requirement implemented in module 4 (lower than the current requirement): this is to allow people to plan their L13-14 enhancements ahead of time, but could also lead you to an ehancement setup you cannot replicate in-game currently

tihocan
03-28-2007, 12:26 PM
Update:
- Added Ranger Favored Damage IV to the database
- Enforced racial requirements for class enhancements, and class requirements for racial enhancements

tihocan
04-04-2007, 12:15 PM
I have updated the database to reflect the data posted by Samera today about L13-14 enhancements. There were only minor changes to some progression requirements.

arminius
04-04-2007, 12:21 PM
Thank you very much, Tihocan. I rely on this tool absolutely and would be lost without it.

Well I pretty much am lost so to clarify I would be lost related to enhancement rules without it....

_

Kyrien
04-08-2007, 01:54 AM
In this set-up (http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~delallea/ddo/enh/cgi-bin/enh.cgi?race=drow&ranger=12&paladin=2&bard=0&priority=&unused=0&current=693,696,717,700,729,691,146,412,469,486,50 5,472,494,514,488,515,457,485,504,458,491,471,495, 463&action=-2) the builder shows to take Favored Damage II at 4th level, but the Compendium (http://www.ddo.com/index.php?page_id=339&menus=e&do=enhancements&e_cid=class:6&cmi=6:c:6) shows that it is a 5th level enhancement. More Ranger enhancements (Dexterity II, Favored Defense II) are also shown one level lower than the Compendium shows.

I'm assuming this is because of changes that will be made in Mod 4 but figured I would report it here in case.

Thanks.

tihocan
04-10-2007, 08:29 AM
In this set-up (http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~delallea/ddo/enh/cgi-bin/enh.cgi?race=drow&ranger=12&paladin=2&bard=0&priority=&unused=0&current=693,696,717,700,729,691,146,412,469,486,50 5,472,494,514,488,515,457,485,504,458,491,471,495, 463&action=-2) the builder shows to take Favored Damage II at 4th level, but the Compendium (http://www.ddo.com/index.php?page_id=339&menus=e&do=enhancements&e_cid=class:6&cmi=6:c:6) shows that it is a 5th level enhancement. More Ranger enhancements (Dexterity II, Favored Defense II) are also shown one level lower than the Compendium shows.

I'm assuming this is because of changes that will be made in Mod 4 but figured I would report it here in case.
Thanks for pointing it out, it's actually not a bug, just a known issue that I may have forgotten to add (just did it). The reason is I wrote this tool first for respec, so it does not matter at which level an enhancement is available, as long as it is available at your current level.
Bottom line is, don't worry about it, just pick the enhancement after you level up if you're following the "How do I get there?" screen progression.

tihocan
04-12-2007, 08:52 AM
It's time to respec! Before leveling to 13 today, plan your enhancements up to level 14 and buy a respec. It will cost you less money :)

Just keep in mind the issue pointed out in the post above, and added in the known issues section in the OP.

Edit: there are a couple of minor UI improvements I hope to do today, but it may be delayed as I'm quite busy

Pellegro
04-23-2007, 11:44 PM
Great tool - really awesome. Just wanted to say thanks. :D

Capstern
05-24-2007, 02:05 PM
Any idea when this builder will get the new enhancements added to it from 4.1?

tihocan
05-25-2007, 12:50 PM
Any idea when this builder will get the new enhancements added to it from 4.1?
Probably after June 8th. I got a deadline at work to meet at this date, and I won't have time to update the builder until then. I got a few things to fix on my to-do list too...

tihocan
05-29-2007, 11:02 AM
Oh, thanks a lot for the sticky! I'll sure update this tool, but once again, it will have to wait about two weeks...

Talcyndl
06-26-2007, 09:32 AM
Not to bug you - well I guess I am :)

Any idea if/when you will be updating again. This is a great little tool that has been invaluable to me.

Thanks.

tihocan
06-26-2007, 11:43 AM
Not to bug you - well I guess I am :)

Any idea if/when you will be updating again. This is a great little tool that has been invaluable to me.
Probably some time this week (or next week). Been on holidays and I have some stuff to catch up ;)

Talcyndl
06-26-2007, 03:34 PM
Probably some time this week (or next week). Been on holidays and I have some stuff to catch up ;)

Damn you man. Get your priorities straight. ;)

Seriously though, if this wasn't such a great little utility I wouldn't care. But it is. Great job on it.

tihocan
06-28-2007, 12:43 PM
Updated with enhancements up to 4.1 (current version) :)
I know the prereqs for the way of the .. (for instance) are not properly handled, I'll work on fixing this later.

Talcyndl
06-28-2007, 03:57 PM
Thank you.

Ron
06-28-2007, 05:01 PM
Tihocan, if I've not said it before, this is an awesome tool. Nice job!

arminius
06-29-2007, 08:05 AM
Absolutely awesome.

I love love love this web tool. Can't live without it.

Probably, anyway. Let's not test that hypothesis, shall we?

_

tihocan
06-29-2007, 08:42 AM
Thanks, support is always appreciated! :)

tihocan
09-27-2007, 03:18 PM
Updated with mod.5 minor changes to enhancements.

Levonestral
10-03-2007, 11:34 AM
First off, I'd like to say this is a great online tool. I use it quite often !

I noticed today that the Improved Heighten has changed since Mod 5. It no longer has 3 levels, it only has the last two, still costing 4 and 6 points with their same pre-req's. This changes the progression of how things can be worked out. Something to check out when you have time :)

tihocan
10-04-2007, 09:40 AM
First off, I'd like to say this is a great online tool. I use it quite often !

I noticed today that the Improved Heighten has changed since Mod 5. It no longer has 3 levels, it only has the last two, still costing 4 and 6 points with their same pre-req's. This changes the progression of how things can be worked out. Something to check out when you have time :)
Yeah, I'd like to get confirmation that it's not a bug first. It wasn't in the release notes and it's a very weird cost progression for an enhancement line.

tihocan
10-11-2007, 11:04 AM
Well since I realized I had to update all metamagic enhancements descriptions anyway, I fixed that issue as well as the descriptions for other enhancements.

Riddikulus
10-11-2007, 11:13 AM
Yeah, I'd like to get confirmation that it's not a bug first. It wasn't in the release notes and it's a very weird cost progression for an enhancement line.
I haven't quite figured out this new metamagic thing yet, except that it makes low level spells prohibitively expensive to meta.

Maximized firewall @ 25 + 20 or Maximized MM @ 10 + 20? (I think those costs are right).

Ummm... Firewall, please.

The heighten thing looks like it adds 5 sp for every level above the spell level... the enhancement I reduces it to 4 sp per level so the savings can be pretty significant if you are heightening a level 1 spell to level 14, which is probably why the AP cost is higher.

tihocan
10-11-2007, 11:28 AM
Maximized firewall @ 25 + 20 or Maximized MM @ 10 + 20? (I think those costs are right).
Maximize is actually +25.

The heighten thing looks like it adds 5 sp for every level above the spell level... the enhancement I reduces it to 4 sp per level so the savings can be pretty significant if you are heightening a level 1 spell to level 14, which is probably why the AP cost is higher.
Currently the maximum spell level is 7, so for instance using the enhancement a heightened L1 spell will cost 10 (base) + 6 (number of levels it is heightened) * (5 (cost increase for each level) - 2 (gain from enhancement)) = 28 instead of 10+6*5=40.

~Jules921
10-26-2007, 05:38 AM
Just fabulous - going to respec a couple of my kids and this will make things a lot easier.

Jules

Vizzini
02-07-2008, 05:41 PM
Can we get a Module 6 Update for this very useful tool!

tihocan
02-08-2008, 11:17 AM
Can we get a Module 6 Update for this very useful tool!
Yep, sorry it's taking so long. Hopefully during next week! :)

tihocan
02-11-2008, 03:21 PM
Here you go, updated with 6.0 enhancements! :)

However, release notes really weren't clear enough, so please please please tell me of any error you may find.
Hopefully I will also be able to improve this tool shortly to fix some of its current limitations/issues.

binnsr
05-13-2008, 01:03 PM
When will you update this for the initial changes to mod7 (i.e. new enhancements (that we know about) and changes to old ones?)

tihocan
05-21-2008, 01:25 PM
When will you update this for the initial changes to mod7 (i.e. new enhancements (that we know about) and changes to old ones?)
Probably 1 month after mod.7 is released :p

Though since you're asking, I may take the time to do it near the release date...

Talcyndl
05-21-2008, 06:27 PM
Probably 1 month after mod.7 is released :p

Though since you're asking, I may take the time to do it near the release date...

Would more people asking help speed it up?

I love your enhancement builder. Far and away the best one.

ahpook
05-28-2008, 02:47 PM
Would more people asking help speed it up?

I love your enhancement builder. Far and away the best one.

Verily.

I also could not find a pay-pal tip jar. I would definitely use that feature!

Turbine should license this from you so that they can use it in game. It blows their tool away.

tihocan
05-29-2008, 12:46 PM
Oki oki I'll try to get it ready in time :)

tihocan
06-04-2008, 09:41 AM
I got it updated, I think. I took the monk enhancements from a "hidden" compendium page so not sure they are all here...

Talcyndl
06-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Thanks.

keith3k
06-25-2008, 01:15 AM
Your description of Way of the Assassin I says it gives a +4 bonus to sneak attack damage. I don't think it does...
Great tool though. Thanks for putting it together!

tihocan
06-25-2008, 08:21 AM
Your description of Way of the Assassin I says it gives a +4 bonus to sneak attack damage. I don't think it does...
Great tool though. Thanks for putting it together!
Thanks a lot, I guess either the description or/and the implementation has been changed since I copy/pasted it.
Should be fixed now :)

Harncw
11-03-2008, 12:37 PM
any word on if/when you are going to be able to update your kick ass php code to include the new changes to the enhancments? as post mod 8?

tihocan
11-03-2008, 03:37 PM
any word on if/when you are going to be able to update your kick ass php code to include the new changes to the enhancments? as post mod 8?
It's actually in Python and coded in the most horrible way.
I'm hoping I'll have enough time for an update around next week. But it definitely won't be this week, sorry.

Solmage
11-25-2008, 04:58 PM
I just want to chime in and mention that this is perhaps the most used and useful enhancement builder ever, and to say thanks for making it.

I also wanted to add my voice to the people anxiously awaiting the mod 8 update =)

tihocan
11-26-2008, 11:59 AM
Yup yup I know. Been catching up at work on some stuff I had to leave behind during that crunch period, but I'm starting to see the light :)

Solmage
02-19-2009, 02:14 AM
Just another gentle nudge... I hope you do update your builder :-/

Worst case scenario, if you choose to abandon it, I hope you make the code freely available so someone can take up the mantle without re-inventing the wheel too much.

Either way, I just wanted to say thanks for the help it provided.

tihocan
02-19-2009, 11:41 AM
Just another gentle nudge... I hope you do update your builder :-/

Worst case scenario, if you choose to abandon it, I hope you make the code freely available so someone can take up the mantle without re-inventing the wheel too much.

Either way, I just wanted to say thanks for the help it provided.
Yes, it'll get an update.
The reason why it's taking so long is because I decided to finally make some core changes so as to better support enhancements with multiple prerequisites, which are becoming more and more common. So it's not as easy as just updating the database of enhancements.
So, just fyi, I'm making (slow) progress on this, and my new plan is to have it ready for mod.9.

Edit: not worth bumping it up, but the promised mod.9 update is not going to happen in the near future, sorry! (RL is just being too busy these days)

atxken
06-22-2010, 11:54 PM
Love your enhancement builder and for that fact your greensteel builder. to me it blows away any others i have seen since I started playing a year ago. Been looking at builders this whole time and not finding anything as good as yours. Truly hope you are still planning on updating the site.

tihocan
06-23-2010, 07:43 AM
Love your enhancement builder and for that fact your greensteel builder. to me it blows away any others i have seen since I started playing a year ago. Been looking at builders this whole time and not finding anything as good as yours. Truly hope you are still planning on updating the site.
Sorry, not at this time. Too busy with other stuff. The enhancement builder needs a major rewrite to better deal with the complex enhancement dependencies Turbine started to introduce at some point.