PDA

View Full Version : dedicated group for Sundays (mid-morning thru early afternoon)

bigdadvance
02-25-2007, 05:38 PM
Hello all. I am looking for a group to start playing next Sunday, 3-4-07 in the world of Adar. We start at level 1 and do everything together. We take our time through each quest to explore everything the world has to offer. There is so much to see in Stormreach and it does take a team of dedicated and thorough adventurers to conquer it all. This is my proposal. Too many players want to hurry through, missing so much. If you are interested, let me know. I would like to begin next Sunday at 10am, EST, and play from 3 to 4 hrs. SERIOUS ADVENTURERS ONLY, PLEASE. Oh, voice chat is preferred and hopefully the whole group will have that option. if not, thats okay but remember, stay together.

mcg
03-01-2007, 09:46 PM
I'd be interested. Do you have players already lined up?

MGrant2112
03-02-2007, 12:18 AM
I do this on Monday nights, but we've had a slow start and fizzle with our group. I'd be interested.

bigdadvance
03-03-2007, 06:44 PM
so, ive only had two replies to this thread so far, so let us postpone the request 1 more week to see if we can get any more people. So we will begin next sunday morning at 10am est, 3-11-07. We need more people. as soon as we get 2 or 3 more players interested in this adventuring, i will leave a name to meet in the wavecrest tavern, we can form a guild and start from there. Sound ok? So hang on repliers for one more week. If we get no further hits, hey, 3 can do it. (recruit more along the way).
Further details to be posted soon.

MGrant2112
03-06-2007, 06:23 PM
Any preferences on class choices as of yet? I figure that since we're the first three then we get first pick.:)

kristia99
03-08-2007, 02:46 PM
Hey I am also interested in playing in a good steady group. I prefer to run a cleric but can do a tank as well.

Kristi

Sourbelcher
03-08-2007, 06:53 PM
I'm very interested.

Post your name here and I'll look for you on Adar.

Lets all meet on Adar soon and figure out our classes.

I'm game for anything pretty much.

Prefer Rogue or Fighter or Ranger

MGrant2112
03-09-2007, 03:35 PM
Hey I am also interested in playing in a good steady group. I prefer to run a cleric but can do a tank as well.

Kristi
Hey if you prefer a cleric then you're more than welcome to it.;) I've just started playing my first cleric on Sarlona so I'm getting a taste of how much fun they can be if everyone doesn't rely on them as a "walking band-aid." I've played everything now, but my favorites are the Rogue and Wizard classes. Whoever gets rogue: I'll make sure that you actually get a chance to sneak around and scout. I know how it feels.:) I don't have any characters on Adar so this one will be my first. I guess let's go ahead and get the "Core Four" out of the way. I'll start a list and everyone just fill in your preference. First come, first serve. Bard is optional. I'll go ahead and fill the cleric spot in for you Kristi, and if you change your mind then just amend it.
Cleric: Kristia99
Fighter:
Rogue:
Wizard: MGrant2112
Barbarian:
Bard:

Sourbelcher
03-09-2007, 05:30 PM
Put me down for Rogue if you dont mind!

Character: Shengo Molo, Halfling Rogue

I see your in GA MGrant, I live in Athens GA myself.

bigdadvance
03-09-2007, 09:50 PM
Now we're talking. Okay, I'll be the paladin/fighter. I think we should not do voice recog b/c it forces us to take our time. Perhaps as the adventure progresses and the quest become harder, more involved, etc. we can do voice. Sound okay gang? So, I will create my character tonight and leave a name tomarrow, 3-10, so by sunday morning, we can meet in the wavecrest. okay. check back tomarrow for final details. Thanks to all for joining and I hope we can stay together and explore for many weeks and/or months to come (or until we win, hehehehe!).

kristia99
03-09-2007, 10:13 PM
Hey if you prefer a cleric then you're more than welcome to it.;) I've just started playing my first cleric on Sarlona so I'm getting a taste of how much fun they can be if everyone doesn't rely on them as a "walking band-aid." I've played everything now, but my favorites are the Rogue and Wizard classes. Whoever gets rogue: I'll make sure that you actually get a chance to sneak around and scout. I know how it feels.:) I don't have any characters on Adar so this one will be my first. I guess let's go ahead and get the "Core Four" out of the way. I'll start a list and everyone just fill in your preference. First come, first serve. Bard is optional. I'll go ahead and fill the cleric spot in for you Kristi, and if you change your mind then just amend it.
Cleric: Kristia99
Fighter:
Rogue:
Wizard: MGrant2112
Barbarian:
Bard:

My primary Cleric is Level 8 and I am better then some of the tanks in battle unfortunately the tanks need more healing and I find the ones I have been traveling with are so stupid running off by themselves or ahead of their cleric and wondering why I am not there to pick their sorry butts up.

I certainly hope we can stick together as a team and work together well.

Kristi

kristia99
03-09-2007, 10:32 PM
Now we're talking. Okay, I'll be the paladin/fighter. I think we should not do voice recog b/c it forces us to take our time. Perhaps as the adventure progresses and the quest become harder, more involved, etc. we can do voice. Sound okay gang? So, I will create my character tonight and leave a name tomarrow, 3-10, so by sunday morning, we can meet in the wavecrest. okay. check back tomarrow for final details. Thanks to all for joining and I hope we can stay together and explore for many weeks and/or months to come (or until we win, hehehehe!).

I mainly play on Adar so if you are on when we are not together I can be found under Dawnie, My new Cleric is Kristia a red haired elf maiden who will keep you alive and kick some serious booty herself.

Couple of questions and my 2 cents on them.

Kristi

1. Hand me down equipment form other character do we want to allow this? I personally think it cheapen the game. I personally could make Kristia a better prepared tank then the tanks are early on, but I prefer not to do this since I want to experience the game from start to finish with out "cheating"

2. Are we going to create our own guild? I think this would be cool to have our own guild.

3. Equipment sharing between each other? This is what I mean when I quest if I pull arcane scrolls of thieves tool I always pass to the PC who can use them or ask if anyone wants them. I would like to see a team who can do this.

I know and you will soon know I can be a little out spoken at times but hey thats me and if I get on your nerves just tell me and I'll try and turn it down a notch. :)

kristia99
03-09-2007, 11:05 PM
I have Kristia in the wavecreast waiting. Hey just make sure you run Sigmund's inn quest before we meet since it is solo and and you can't leave the inn till you do.

Which bring me to another question can we run through the solo only quests before we start playing?

Kristi

Sourbelcher
03-10-2007, 05:55 AM
Great to see this is comming together!

I think from reading bigdad's & kristia's post's we are looking for a PnP, take your time, play your character type group. I couldn't agree more.

I propose the following guidelines for us to follow:

-Take our time. Do all the quests and explore everything fully. NO RUSHING.
-Allow each character type to play their role (i.e. Rogues scouting/looking for traps :D, warriors tanking, etc)
-The characters we make for this group only play in this group (ofcourse). Exceptions can be made for solo dungeons, as long as we stay in the same level range.
-No twinking (cash, items from higher level toons are prohibited).
-All loot gathered will be shared out among the group according to who needs it most and who's use would most benefit the group.
-No voice chat at first.
-Play each Dungeon as though you have never been there.
-Form our own guild.
-Run each Group Dungeon 3 times (Normal,Hard,Elite)

Anything else you want to add? (or subtract?).

Hell I'll even Roleplay if given half a chance! :o

bigdadvance
03-10-2007, 08:20 AM
okay, i have created my new character. Human paladin. I go by the name of Elohim Stormborn. I am waiting in the wavecrest tavern. And yes, we should complete the solo quest first before we form our party. Ok? I will be looking for everyone in the wavecrest b/n 10am EST and 10:15 (just to give everyone the chance to get situated). Remember, World of Adar. No voice to start with (possibly later). This should be great.

Hey, dont forget about setting your clock forward 1 hr. tonight. This is important so we all meet at the same time (approx.)

I like sourbelcher's ideas. That's what I am looking for. thorough explorations. Okay, everyone, see you tomarrow morning

DONT FORGET TO CHANGE YOUR CLOCKS!!!

kristia99
03-10-2007, 09:01 AM
Great to see this is comming together!

I think from reading bigdad's & kristia's post's we are looking for a PnP, take your time, play your character type group. I couldn't agree more.

I propose the following guidelines for us to follow:

-Take our time. Do all the quests and explore everything fully. NO RUSHING.
-Allow each character type to play their role (i.e. Rogues scouting/looking for traps :D, warriors tanking, etc)
-The characters we make for this group only play in this group (ofcourse). Exceptions can be made for solo dungeons, as long as we stay in the same level range.
-No twinking (cash, items from higher level toons are prohibited).
-All loot gathered will be shared out among the group according to who needs it most and who's use would most benefit the group.
-No voice chat at first.
-Play each Dungeon as though you have never been there.
-Form our own guild.
-Run each Group Dungeon 3 times (Normal,Hard,Elite)

Anything else you want to add? (or subtract?).

Hell I'll even Roleplay if given half a chance! :o

Hey I role-play all the time I am one of the biggest role players out there I fall into character and don't come out till we are done.

Everything looks great as far as the guidelines go. I am happy with them. :)

Kristi

bigdadvance
03-10-2007, 09:34 AM
ok, i've completed the solo quests beneath the wavecrest and am ready to form our guild. I suppose we will decide on a name once we are all together. All the rules of conduct are fine by me. Am looking forward to this. I used to play D&D when i was a kid and loved it, but now everything is so visual. It's great. So, I will see you all tomorrow, 10 am EST (i live in Michigan). We may need to change the times we meet (my wife wants to start going to church on sunday morning in a couple of weeks) So perhaps sunday afternoons. We shall see. Anyway, tomorrow!!!

bigdadvance
03-10-2007, 10:11 AM
okay, so we've got:

1. kristi as the cleric
2. soulbelcher as the rogue
3. bid dad (me) as the paladin
4. MGrant as the wizard

Anyone else?

please reply...

MGrant2112
03-10-2007, 01:47 PM
I'm all for the "no twinking" rule. I don't see any problem selling gear we get in the quests (providing another party member doesn't need it) and buying anything in the marketplace or shops (no auction house stuff though:mad: ). I'm totally all about the PnP feel. As for the solo-only quests: I say, "Go ahead and do 'em." They always seem to get in the way once a group gets started and no one ever goes back to do them or get any real experience out of them once they start leveling with their group. Get them out of the way and we'll all do Goodblade together. I have a friend who said he can start playing with us if we wind up switching to Sunday afternoons as he and his wife have just started attending church regularly. He'd be more than happy to take whatever role isn't filled by the time he gets here. I'm fine with the Sunday afternoon schedule as well. I've never really role-played in DDO. I've played 1st edition, 2nd edition, a little bit of 3rd (like one or two sessions, but I've got the original 3.0 books :) ), and right now I'm hooked on Castles & Crusades so I've role-played plenty of table-top stuff. I don't know how I'd feel about it in DDO though. I'm willing to give it a shot if everyone else is. I can honestly tell you that it's really a lot of fun just to have a regular group. It's like poker or bowling night for geeks. Soulbelcher: I live in Marietta.

MGrant2112
03-10-2007, 02:56 PM
My Wizard, Lamont Cranston, is waiting in the Wavecrest after completing the initial Wavecrest quest and the Aspirant's Corner quests. See you folks tomorrow.

mightyfelix
03-11-2007, 12:11 AM
If there still space I will like to join...I been having problem in my pc but I can jump in my son pc and play until my issue get resolve.I just posted my problem in the technical assistance to see if i can get some suggestion. btw only like to play cleric or bard . thx

MGrant2112
03-11-2007, 12:17 AM
The role of cleric has already been filled, although it can't hurt to have two. I'd probably say that a bard would be most welcome as they make great "buffers" and backup fighters. Just make a bard, let us know the name, complete the "Old Sully's" quests and then meet us in the Wavecrest Sunday morning at 10:00 a.m. (don't forget about the time change). See you there.

mightyfelix
03-11-2007, 01:15 AM
Done name is: mightysong I will be there :)

orangetruck
03-13-2007, 02:58 PM
I just saw this thread and would be interested in joining in, if you still have space (for a fighter perhaps?). How did it go this weekend? I play mostly on Adar as Ferenc, an Elven Ranger.

mightyfelix
03-14-2007, 12:51 AM
I just saw this thread and would be interested in joining in, if you still have space (for a fighter perhaps?). How did it go this weekend? I play mostly on Adar as Ferenc, an Elven Ranger.

Hope you read all the post in this thread cause i didnt... and i end up doing a few dumb stuff. well... I think the group has one space so far unless some of the group talk to someone else and i didnt know.This is the group: pally..cleric..wiz..rouge..bard, and a fighter would be a good choice for the group.well c ya

MGrant2112
03-14-2007, 11:22 AM
I did speak to a friend of mine who would be interested in doing the fighter role. He did say that he wouldn't be able to play once a month due to church, unless we change the time to early afternoon like had been mentioned. I'll check with him again and make sure. If he can't commit then you're more than welcome to have his spot.:)

mcg
03-17-2007, 10:03 PM
I've been out of town on a fishing trip and didn't have access to the net. Is there still room for another? I'll play any role needed and I'm available essentially every Sunday.

Sourbelcher
03-18-2007, 08:19 AM
I'm going to drop out. Good luck guys.

Shengo Molo - Rogue

MGrant2112
03-18-2007, 08:34 AM
I've been out of town on a fishing trip and didn't have access to the net. Is there still room for another? I'll play any role needed and I'm available essentially every Sunday.Looks like there's a Rogue spot open if you want it McG.:)

mcg
03-18-2007, 09:17 AM
consider it done.

mcg
03-18-2007, 10:48 AM
Female elf rogue named Yula. Will be in Wavecrest tavern.

MGrant2112
04-03-2007, 01:41 PM
Ok, obviously we won't be playing next Sunday since it's Easter and a majority of us will probably have family things to do...and chocolate bunnies to eat.:D Also, is anyone against moving the starting time to around 1:00 p.m. EST?

jettmorrison
08-25-2007, 07:57 AM
The thrill of discovery, the satisfaction of a challenge met, and the warmth of comraderie! Announcing the formation of a new dedicated group based around group-oriented tactical play, looking for 4 other adventurers.

A little about us:

We are two good friends (cousins) who have played DDO together for a few months now. We have had a nearly lifelong affinity for the Dungeons & Dragons franchise, and both have background with the wonderful pen and paper system. In DDO, we are currently playing our second characters that are level 3 & 4. Our original characters sit at levels 6 & 7. Our second characters were rolled to try out the dynamics of a new server. (Read as looking for better tactical group-play/less running-and-gunning power-gaming) Having only been to level 7, we have not experienced many of the mid-level and upper-level quests. Indeed, one of the main factors driving the formation of this dedicated group is the desire to sustain a continued experience of exploring quests for the first time. Which brings me to my next point…

What we value, and what we are looking to foster with this group:

1. Exploration and Discovery: We find that nothing beats the experience of first finding what lays around that next corner. Rounding that bend and successfully overcoming whatever may be there requires a well-rounded team that is willing to work together.

2. A well-balanced challenge: Quests should be difficult to complete, and should require at least moderate thought and teamwork. Pushing the envelope of difficulty leads to a greater sense of satisfaction. We don't do loot runs and we don't do XP runs. When "the goal is the journey", where are you running to so fast?

3. Shared experience: Isn’t DDO best when you become familiar with other players, when a strong bond is developed over shared risk and experience? A dedicated group provides this to the greatest extent. We look forward to a prolonged series of adventures with a core group of fellow adventurers. We would like the experience to be shared. In other words, member characters should only be used during play with the group.

4. "Honesty" and "Hardwork": No twinking and no use of auctions. What we play with is what we earn together as a group. A balanced challenge is most rewarding, and it's quite possible to skew that balance with twinking and auctions. Nothing will be available to the party except what we can find during our adventures and what we can purchase through regular vendors.

When and Where? :

We are young professionals in our 30's, and would like the group to commit to a specific night of the week that stays the same from week to week. Sessions would ideally last 3 hours. Tentatively, we are offering up Monday nights, 7:00-10:00 Pacific Standard Time, but are open to discussing other nights with prospective members. We will need to find a time that will generally work well for everyone.

What Character Levels/Types are Welcome? :

All really. Our first choice would be to keep our current characters (a level 3 Wizard and a level 4 Fighter) and build the team around them. However, we are willing to start with brand new characters if that's what the group would like to do. With a desire to play as we've described a well-rounded group becomes important. We aim to find similarly leveled characters (whether that's at level 3 or level 1) that compliment the other character types in the group.

Which Server? :

Again, we are ultimately flexible. Our current characters are on Ghallanda, but if the group decides to play on a new server, with newly re-rolled characters, we’re willing to do that too.

If you're into the thrill of exploring quests for the first time, if you find challenging quests to be the most rewarding, and adventuring with a persistent group of party members is what you're after, drop us a line! Let's unite in our quest!

Sincerely,

Bricklebrit: Cil, Level 3 Elf Wizard
Jettmorrison: Ramaul, Level 4 Dwarf Fighter