PDA

View Full Version : Antique Token Loot?

Clorkan
02-03-2007, 03:42 PM
Since the change in the antique bronze token drops, it seems much easier to be able to collect enough to get one of the rewards. My question is: has anyone turned in these tokens? and if so, what reward was received? Let's get a list going and see what kind of items are dropping.

Riedra Server
Clorkan Toressa lvl 12 Wizard
Talbott MacAartur lvl 12 Cleric
Dhumssa Rhauk lvl 2/10 Fighter/Barbarian, 1800 favor
Ssrepht Si'Surrapps lvl 11 Rogue
Lockjaw Sculptorhands lvl 6 WF Paladin
Sharpa Songweaver lvl 6 Bard

Titanstorm
02-03-2007, 04:39 PM
may i ask how many i need to turn in and where would i turn them in

rez
02-04-2007, 01:42 PM
i turned in 500 tokens and got +5 fullplate

raffhawk
02-15-2007, 10:05 AM
may i ask how many i need to turn in and where would i turn them in

Sorry, this is all a secret. Rewards & Turn-in Location. :mad:

Viglin
02-15-2007, 10:24 AM
Sorry, this is all a secret. Rewards & Turn-in Location. :mad:

Since when?:confused:

Cant help you with the rewards[thou l recall a thread in General sometime back that listed some]...but as to where you turn em in, the Merchant inside his shop in the Refugee Camp...his named maybe listed in my Master Vendor List..

Baryn
02-21-2007, 02:59 AM
I turned in 3750 tokens and the best thing I got was a level 9 +4 intelligence goggles.

Rydlic
02-21-2007, 09:29 AM
Two words:

Random Loot.

Ziggy
02-21-2007, 10:24 AM
I turned in 5 tokens and all i got was this lousy t-shirt of haggle +1:( :D

Demitris
02-21-2007, 04:28 PM
random loot,

the more you turn in the higher the base

you turn in between 500 and 7,500 (from memory)

last turn in netted me a +6 con necklace (no RR) for 7,500 (from memory, but it was the top tier)

Blazer
02-21-2007, 05:50 PM
last turn in netted me a +6 con necklace (no RR) for 7,500 (from memory, but it was the top tier)

I would be pretty happy with that for a token turn in reward. I wonder if it's better to go for the Jewelry rather than the Armor or Weapons anyway.

SisAmethyst
05-26-2010, 05:59 PM
Well, I am not a Necromancer, but I will anyhow ressurect that threat because it may interest others too...

Turned in 375 Tokens for a top tier item. I was given a list of about 10 items to choose from (attention, the Tokens have to be in the inventory and being removed immediatly) and in this list was next to some 'Bracers with Water Breathing plus DEX+2' and 'Googles with Spot+3 and INT+3' a 'Bracer +6 STR, ML:11, UMD:18, Race:Dwarf' and the later was a no-brainer to take and 375 Tokens aren't that much.

As it is a list (even with random items) where you can choose from its should be likely that there is something in you may find valuable, and if it is just to throw it into the AH...

Rowan00
05-26-2010, 06:30 PM
The loot is indeed, random. However, you get to narrow down the category of the loot and you have 10 items to choose from. Imagine knowing the contents of 10 chests and having the chance to pick the best chest.

I normally turn in for 75-token jewelry. I get a lot of vanilla +3 stat items but occasionally vanilla +4 stat items.

donfilibuster
05-26-2010, 07:16 PM
I also chose gear items instead of weapons/armor on the basis that it'd be less probable to get a drop for your weapon of choice than to get an usable gear piece.

Turned in 750 tokens to get 5 clothing and 5 jewelry, and about a couple were 'above average', the rest were junk.
One was a +5 wis and a +11 to intimidate, both of min level 9 when the usual for those is lv 11.

Shade
05-26-2010, 11:33 PM
There pretty much still a waste of time.

It's like getting a single end reward from any desert quest. So at best: lvl12 gear - extremely rarely.

Giving how long it takes to farm for the top tier rewards (hours) vs a single quest (as little as 10min)..

Not worth it
Delete the tokens or leave them behind.

Rowan00
05-26-2010, 11:40 PM

Or give it to me, please? :D

jkm
05-26-2010, 11:42 PM
they've lowered the reward tiers considerably. i think the top tier is only 750 now and it provides level 8-12 weapons. the biggest advantage is getting those RR ML8 items. i had 25k saved up over time in the bank and netted a ML8 scimmy of disruption, ML10 Vorpal khopesh, and some others that auctioned decently (since this level twink gear still has some value).

[turn in is in the door next to the OOB quest giver]

Matuse
05-27-2010, 09:11 AM
Tokens stack up to 1000 in a collectable container, and it's a whopping 2 whole clicks to pick up a bag (even less out of a chest, since you're looting anyway). Sure, it's all low-mid level stuff, but that's not exactly to be scorned. If nothing else, it's a good way to get a waterbreathing/featherfall item if normal chests haven't been kind to you (more relevant on Cannith/Orien).

SisAmethyst
05-28-2010, 10:30 PM
There pretty much still a waste of time.

It's like getting a single end reward from any desert quest. So at best: lvl12 gear - extremely rarely.

Giving how long it takes to farm for the top tier rewards (hours) vs a single quest (as little as 10min)..

Not worth it

Uhm sorry Shade, you know a lot of players farm in this area already for e.g. a Bloodstone so there is no need to specialy farm for the Token. Also those Tokens stack in the nice little red bag, I couldn't see a reason why I shouldn't get that extra on loot especialy if you are a new player that not already has a bank full of +X items. I would consider it a waste of an opportuinity for a new player to not pick up the Tokens, especialy as the exchange range has changed from over 6000 down to 750.

I however agree that there may be faster ways to have 'a chance' on a good item then farming specialy for those Tokens, but I rarely get a chest that ask me to pick 1 out of 10 weapons/armor/jewelry as they usualy tent to instead present me a list of ingredients, arrows and scrolls I actualy not need ;)

Sani_Medicor
09-19-2010, 06:14 AM
I also chose gear items instead of weapons/armor on the basis that it'd be less probable to get a drop for your weapon of choice than to get an usable gear piece.

Turned in 750 tokens to get 5 clothing and 5 jewelry, and about a couple were 'above average', the rest were junk.
One was a +5 wis and a +11 to intimidate, both of min level 9 when the usual for those is lv 11.
I'm thinking this is the way to go. I just got two jewelry and two clothing...+4 and +5 stat items, underwater action item, and +11 skill item.

Spisey
09-19-2010, 06:50 AM
http://www.toxicclay.com/comics/comics/2009-09-28-fml_19_2.jpg

J/K of course! :p

Just needed somewhere to use this. This thread seemed as good as any! :D

Bronze tokens = waste of time

Tendare
01-19-2011, 11:46 AM
I have been turning in the bronze tokens in the desert for guild reknown for the last few months but the last week or so no more reknown is offered when I turn in the tokens. And I have turned in alot.

Can one of the devs answer this.
Was the bronze token turn in not supposed to offer guild reknown and have you turned it off?

Impaqt
01-19-2011, 11:51 AM
I have been turning in the bronze tokens in the desert for guild reknown for the last few months but the last week or so no more reknown is offered when I turn in the tokens. And I have turned in alot.

Was the bronze token turn in not supposed to offer guild reknown and have you turned it off?

Turned in a bunch just the other day.

Make sure you are on a level appropriet character for your turn ins.. L8-11 seems to work best.

Crazyfruit
01-19-2011, 11:53 AM

You can get renown ransacked sorta.

You won't see this in a normal chest or quest end reward, but it also happens for colored monsters. Try other turnin options on his list, they might not be tied together

Impaqt
01-19-2011, 12:00 PM
You can get renown ransacked sorta.

You won't see this in a normal chest or quest end reward, but it also happens for colored monsters. Try other turnin options on his list, they might not be tied together

nope. I've turned in tens of thousands of tokens and almost always select the basic Jewelery or Clothing (SOmetimes mix in various armors cause they are only 50, and a weapon or 2 sometimes as well, just to mix it up)

Just make sure you are in the level range.

L18 Bard.. Hardly any renown rewards.
l11 Character, Almost every list has renown.

Loromir
01-19-2011, 12:07 PM
As many times as I'm out there looking for Bloodstone, Ring of SS, Greaves etc, I would be foolish not to pick up the coins.

We had some loon paying 50 PP per coin a few weeks ago, I made 100K PP that day selling Antique Brass coins to him. Not sure what he expected to get with 2,000 coins that would = 100K PP...but I'll gladly take the Plat.

Crazyfruit
01-19-2011, 12:13 PM
nope. I've turned in tens of thousands of tokens and almost always select the basic Jewelery or Clothing ...

Hmm, maybe I was turning them in at later levels then ^^

Made the mistake of turning in the biggest option at level 7 iirc.. you get no reward at all :(

Tendare
01-19-2011, 08:18 PM
Thanks for your replies. Never considered level appropriate characters being the issue. I always just do basic stuff for 50 tokens was getting them almost every time, but yes I was a lot lower in levels.
Thanks

Qezuzu
01-20-2011, 10:04 AM
I always take the Jewelery and I get a lot of useful, many-charge clickies.

Invisibility Ring x5
DP Ring x5
Haste Ring x5

etc

ahpook
01-21-2011, 12:33 AM
These are not a waste of time. I wouldn't farm for them but if you are out there anyway working on DQ flagging, bloodstone or XP why wouldn't you grab them. If you are new player it is liking getting the best item from 10 chest pulls. For everyone else the renown is nice on the cheapest turn in.

Sir_Noob
03-12-2011, 09:42 PM
Are you able to turn in more than once per quest?

Ganolyn
03-12-2011, 09:51 PM
Are you able to turn in more than once per quest?

You can turn them in forever.