PDA

View Full Version : Desert map and chest items

Ziggy
01-26-2007, 09:36 AM
With thanks to the european boards for this. In this thread (http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157154)

Desert Map (http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q196/z2ggy/DDO/Maps/desertmap-1.jpg)

Updated map from Airidil (http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o11/FireStorm78/MenechtarunDesertMap.jpg)

here is a list of items you can (if lucky) find:

* Bloodstone - Trinket, +6 Seeker (Undead area, Thirsty One)
* Bow of the Elements (Air) - +4 Long bow, Shocking Burst, +2 Dexerity (Undead area, Whirling Ozann)
* Bracers of the Hunter - +5 Hide, +2 Sneak Attack, +2 Reflex (Drow Area, Wokran Kull)
* Chainmail Coif - Helmet, Superior Devotion III, Sacred (Increases your level by 2 for turning purposes) (Firebrand area, Darkfur)
* Collapsible Shortbow - +5 Shortbow, +7 Jump, +7 Tumble, +7 Swim (Firebrand area, Lt. Ayurro)
* Coronation Shield - +4 Heavy Shield, Blinding (Undead area, Thirsty One)
* Dynastic Falcata - +4 Khopesh, Adamantine, True Law, +2 Charisma (Undead Area, General)
* Firestorm Greaves - Fire Resist, Fire Absorption 33% (absorbs 1/3 of all fire damage taken after other protections) (Firebrand area, Lt. Ayurro)
* Flint - +4 Dagger, Shocking Burst (Firebrand area, Haraja the Firedancer)
* Gloves of the Falcon - +2 dex, +10 spot (Firebrand area, Lt. Ayurro)
* Hyena Claw Necklace - +3 Constitution, +7 Intimidate (Windlasher area, Stinkpelt)
* Mirage - +5 Scimitar, Ghost Touch, Deception (Drow Area, Utach Sandcrawl)
* Mummy Wraps - +4 Padded Armor, Fearsome (Undead Area, Thumok The Mad)
* Ring of Spell Storing - Restores 25 spell points 3/rest (Undead Area, General) - soon not dropping in UE also.
* Robe of Fire - Superior Combustion 3, Evocation Focus, Fire Resist (Undead area, Thumok the Mad)
* Shard of Vollun - Trinket?, Wizardy III, Improved Radiance III
* Shield of the Scorpion - +4 Heavy Shield, Spearblock (Drow Area, Wokran Kull)
* Spiked Turban - Helmet, +3 Protection, +3 Resistance (Drow Area, Mendexathazz)
* Sting - +4 Shortsword, Proof Against Poison, Poisoned (1d4 Con every crit, 1d4 after a minute, Fort Save DC 14) (Drow area, Utach Sandcrawl)
* Stinkpelt's Hide - +5 hide armor (6 max dex), -1 charisma (Windlasher area, Stinkpelt)
* Thornlord - +4 Longbow, +2 extra damage (Windlasher area, Yurrugh the Swift)
* Tinder - +1 Quarterstaff, Superior Combusion IV (Firebrand area, Haraja the Firedancer
* Tourney Armor - +5 Full Plate (ac 7, max dex 2, armor check -3) (Firebrand area, Commander Errulf)
* Weathered Targe - +3 Light Shield, Densewood, Improved Lightining Resistance (Undead area, Whirling Ozann)
* Vulkoorim Dervish Robe - Lesser Fire Resistance, +4 ac (Drow area, Mendexathazz)
* Vulkoorim Pendant - Necklace, Superior Nullification II, Improved Devotion II, Taint of Evil (Drow area, Volrune The Curate)
* Whirlwind - +5 greatsword, screaming (1d6 sonic on every hit), Telekinetic (DC17 trip on Crit) (Windlasher area, Den Mother)
* Wolf Whistle Necklace - Charm Canine 3/day (Windlasher area, Den Mother)
* Xuum - +3 Falcion (2d6), Flaming (Firebrand area, Darkfur)
* Zephyr - +3 Short Sword, Finesse (Windlasher area, Yurrugh the Swift)

juniorpfactors
01-26-2007, 09:55 AM
does your map expand?

Ninety
01-26-2007, 10:04 AM
after saving and enlarging to actually be able to read it... it's fuzzy but readable.

Impaqt
01-26-2007, 10:07 AM
The Euro Link has the Full Expanded Map.

Ziggy
01-26-2007, 10:20 AM
does your map expand?
Oops give me afew to fix that

Ziggy
01-26-2007, 10:25 AM
Oops give me afew to fix that
I made it as big as i can with photobucket.

You can read the names of the chests now.

Impaqt
01-26-2007, 11:48 AM
Here ya Go.
http://www.veritasgaming.net/desertmap.jpg

Full Res US Host.... ;)

Edit

(Hmmm.. It seems this was posted here alreaady onNovember 14th.... The Euros seem to have borowed it from us ;)

Evilton
01-27-2007, 09:03 AM
Nice.

Cambo
01-29-2007, 05:19 PM
Anyone ever seen the chest at the top of the map near the cahmber of rahmat spawn ?

I have been ther a few times and it looks like a space for it but have never seen it or a named mob.

Also be great to get the named spawn of the chest near (to the lowwer left) the general as again I have never seen it spawn, anyone else ?

Just been getting gems outa most of these after my fourth run (total ever across 2 charachters) though i did 1 run before the latest patch (removing spell storing ring) and got the dynastic khopesh, stinkpelt and bloodstone....have I used my luck or are all the chest nerfed a bit ?

Great post, thanks.

juniorpfactors
01-30-2007, 10:49 AM
I have made 30 runs bye that chest location below the mummy and it has never been there. I picked up the whirlwind/ ring storing and a 2x +1 tomes 2 days before latest patch....also teamates got the elements bow 2x...I will hit them again this week as I was ransacked until Sunday

Cambo
01-31-2007, 07:37 AM
I have made 30 runs bye that chest location below the mummy and it has never been there. I picked up the whirlwind/ ring storing and a 2x +1 tomes 2 days before latest patch....also teamates got the elements bow 2x...I will hit them again this week as I was ransacked until Sunday

Year the loot changes I suspected were after the spellstoring ring nerf. would like to hear about others finding since then.

Also about that chest at the top of the map and the other mentioned near the genral, has anyone seen them if not why are they on the map ?

The_Cataclysm
01-31-2007, 10:31 AM
Year the loot changes I suspected were after the spellstoring ring nerf. would like to hear about others finding since then.

Also about that chest at the top of the map and the other mentioned near the genral, has anyone seen them if not why are they on the map ?

Because the person who originally created the map placed them there.

Cambo
01-31-2007, 04:15 PM
Because the person who originally created the map placed them there.

LOL - I bow to that logic.

I shold have explained it "more nicely and more clearly thought out"

i.e. is it possible that these chest have been removed from the game since the producers of the map put them there, or is it because they look like places the dev had intended to put a chest but decided we get too many looting options on this side of the desert so they dropped it after beta testing or Risa or something.

Really I just gotta know if I keep looking there or not and sighing with abandonment everytime they are not....!!! Not that 4 times so far is too frustrating ye!!

Many thanks to the posts and the map creators!!!!! - I dont think I've said that before and I not trying to critisie the map, I have used it a few times! and I am sure it wasn't the maps fault I got killed.

Airidil
02-02-2007, 05:13 PM
Hello All! I am Dorim the Mapmaker :) I have been busy updating the map to reflect changes the devs made in the last little while. Let me explain where the two extra chests came from and try to address your questions.

Originally when the desert came out, I spent 3 days exploring. In that time I found the two chests in question; south of the general and north of the 'Valley of the False Tombs'. I have also had other people confirm the north chest. The north chest was guarded by a named air elemental and a large number of nasty casters.

Now each time since that I've visited either chest it has not appeared. Personally I avoid the north chest because it's the only chest I have trouble soloing. I will be removing the chest south of the general on my next update in a few days. I will be attempting to verify the north chest and will consider removing it as well.

On my next update (possibly tonight), by popular demand, I will be adding the names of the chests to the official map. I am also trying to add spawn points to show people safe passages of travel. That addition will not be ready for tonight's update.

There is also reportedly a second chest south of the Maraud the Mines quest on the Burning Mountain I am trying to verify. Plus I have verified the chest west of the Spawn of Vulkoor.

I hope this answers your questions and I hope you look forward to the updates!

Airidil
02-03-2007, 04:18 AM
Dorim's map has been updated to include named monster labels! Hopefully it doesn't obscure your vision of the map too much. Thanks all for your support!

You can find it in my map thread linked in my signature.

Dorim

Cambo
02-03-2007, 06:25 PM
Thanks For the update Dorim!! Great Work

mgoldb2
02-05-2007, 07:15 AM
* Firestorm Greaves - Fire Resist, Fire Absorption 33% (absorbs 1/3 of all fire damage taken after other protections) (Firebrand area, Lt. Ayurro)

Can anyone confrim this.(acturally seen it pull from ayurro chest). I know people that have one and they told me they got it out of Commander Errulf chest.

Ziggy
02-05-2007, 08:18 AM
Dorim's map has been updated to include named monster labels! Hopefully it doesn't obscure your vision of the map too much. Thanks all for your support!

You can find it in my map thread linked in my signature.

Dorim
Aye thanks Dorim,

Ive also added the updated map to the OP.

Grommit
02-08-2007, 12:04 PM
Can someone confirm or deny that this armour really has a base AC of 7 not 8?

* Tourney Armor - +5 Full Plate (ac 7, max dex 2, armor check -3) (Firebrand area, Commander Errulf)

Typical Full Plate has a base AC of 8. If this truely has an AC 7 base then it really isnt
that much better than standard +5 FP.

thanks,
-Grommit

The_Cataclysm
02-08-2007, 12:26 PM
Can someone confirm or deny that this armour really has a base AC of 7 not 8?

Typical Full Plate has a base AC of 8. If this truely has an AC 7 base then it really isnt
that much better than standard +5 FP.

thanks,
-Grommit

Well, named items don't have to be better than non-unique items. :)

And yes, it is correct.

Krazed
04-01-2007, 07:06 PM
Does Commander Errulf and Lieutenant Ayurro spawn in the same spot, or at least in that same collection of huts? I have run it about 50 times, seen Ayurro maybe a dozen, but have never seen Errulf.

Krazed
04-01-2007, 07:39 PM
Nevermind, finally found him. He's an elusive little critter.

SUPERCREWJOHN
04-03-2007, 10:41 AM
Cool map. Just a quick question,. I am somewhat new to the game. Where is the desert? This looks like an awesome area to explore.

What level should you be to adventure through it.

Is it reasonable to try soloing?

Cheers

Blazer
04-03-2007, 11:39 AM
SCJ,

The desert is accessable via 2 ways: talk to the guy in the marketplace (damn, forget his name) - anyway, the guy near the Falconer Spire in between the Archer Point Defense and Gladewatch Outpost quest givers.

Or, you can complete the Desert Caravan quest in House P and "ride the wagons" out to the Zawabi Refuge (the bind point for the desert quests).

No matter what minimum level I put here for the desert, someone will probably disagree with me, touting how they solo the desert with their level 2 character or some such nonsense. That said, I feel you need to be at least level 9 to run around out there, if not level 10. IIRC, all the quests are rated as either level 11 or 12, so it's not the safest place to wander around by yourself. :)