PDA

View Full Version : List of quests that cannot be solo'd

Matuse
01-11-2007, 04:45 PM
Well, since I enjoy running lower level quests for favor and such, and it is difficult to find people who want to do these the way I like to do them (Ie: even on a favor quest, you kill everything, smash every barrel, find every secret possible, etc...none of this "rush to the end and ignore everything else" nonsense"), I end up soloing quite a few of them. This has run me into the issue of some of Turbine's design mechanics, which make certain quests absolutely positively impossible for 1 person to accomplish alone. I think a list of such quests is in order.

For the purposes of this list, there is only 1 qualification that matters, and that is a lever, switch, floor pedastal, etc that requires one person in one location, and a second (or more) person in another. So for example, the difficulty of killing Velah by yourself does not qualify VoN6 for this list.

There are 2 types of quests that need multiple people. There are ones that require floor runes to be stood upon, and there are ones that have levers or switches, or wall runes, or...whatever, that need to be activated. Floor runes are essentially pressure-activated, and any creature standing on them is sufficient. With clever use of spells like Summon Monster, Halt Undead, Hold Monster, etc, you can "convince" NPCs to stand on the floor runes and substitute for a player. Switches, wall runes, levers must be activated by players.

Floor runes:

The Xorian Cipher, House J. Requires 4.
The Tomb Of The Burning Heart, House P (Necropolis). Requires 4.

Levers/Switches/Runes:

Rest For The Restless, House P. Requires 2. [Can be solo'd if you are willing to recall out and enter]
The Missing Party (Delera's 2), House J. Requires 2.
The Tomb Of The Shadow King, House P (Necropolis). Requires 2.
The Vault Of Night (VoN5), House K. Requires 3.

EightyFour
01-11-2007, 04:48 PM
The Pit requires at least 3.

~Treemarker
01-11-2007, 05:00 PM
Rest For The Restless, House P. Requires 2.

Can be soloed but you have to recall out after hitting one of the valves. Depends on how you want to define 'soloable' I guess.

Riddikulus
01-11-2007, 05:02 PM
I'm fairly certain I've seen people here say that they solo'd the Pit.

Riddikulus
01-11-2007, 05:06 PM
The Scoundrel's Run, Three Barrel Cove. Requires 2.
The Tomb Of The <X> Heart, House P (Necropolis). Requires 4.

Additions welcome, and I forget which specific Heart quest for the Necropolis needs 4 people to stand on the floor runes.

Rest for the Restless can be solo'd by recalling out after you throw the valve.

I believe someone has said that they solo'd the unsoloable necropolis quest. It may be possible to solo XC the same way that was done, or at least reduce the number of needed people.

VoN 5 is not soloable (lightning room)... it needs like 5 people of varying stats which no one person could ever get hitting several switches simultaneously.

I don't think TF would be soloable either.

DemonMage
01-11-2007, 05:08 PM
Yeah, Pit can be soloed with high jump, duo with moderate. I'd be interested if there was a way to solo, or even duo Xorian Cipher, took three people in at release and no matter how fast we moved couldn't hit those switchs without four =-(

philo
01-11-2007, 05:31 PM
So for example, the difficulty of killing Velah by yourself does not qualify VoN6 for this list.

How do you take down the pillars solo?

GeneralDiomedes
01-11-2007, 05:52 PM
Did necropolis with three people and a Pet.

DuckOfDeath
01-11-2007, 06:13 PM
The Tomb Of The <X> Heart, House P (Necropolis). Requires 4.

Rest for the restless is soloable. You can either recall and re-enter after getting trapped by the switch or use dimension door.

Xorian cipher and the necropolis quest can both be done by just two people capable of summoning pets.

Matuse
01-11-2007, 07:05 PM
Ok, recalling out is...cheese. We're not counting that.

The count is number of warm bodies. Be they summons or otherwise. Since things like the tangleroot stick exist to let anyone summon up a single pet, a double-floor switch (in close proximity to each other) would be considered soloable. However, for the tomb and xorian, you still need at least 2 real people.

samho
01-11-2007, 07:40 PM
I do feel recall out was one of the option -- for either resource wise, or performance. Actually I do use more recalling out trick than burning resource on various quest solo, or even grouped. Since you need no other man to help beating the quest. Anyway, if you are totally object to recalling out, use Dimension Door instead.

The Scoundrel's Run, Three Barrel Cove. <-- No, you can solo this even w/o recalling or DD, since I did make it multiple times for favor.

And I will sign with DuckOfDeath's comment about duo / triple Xorian Cipher/one of the Necromancer's tomb. Since we often run Xorian by 3 man party, the same apply to the tomb in necromancer which require to step on 4 different rune.

Pit was quite soloable -- if you don't have enough jump, use either spell (arcane caster) or form house P favor npc.

However, there's a quest I do consider it's quite unsoloable (at least for me) : Threnal East 3. But maybe I'm wrong -- does anyone beat it before ? (normal difficult by solo, of course)

Riddikulus
01-11-2007, 07:58 PM
Ok, recalling out is...cheese. We're not counting that.

The count is number of warm bodies. Be they summons or otherwise. Since things like the tangleroot stick exist to let anyone summon up a single pet, a double-floor switch (in close proximity to each other) would be considered soloable. However, for the tomb and xorian, you still need at least 2 real people.
No, there was someone on here who said he solo'd the tomb.

Edit: Tomb of the Burning Heart is apparently the quest we are looking for.

Here (http://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76636) is the thread when jjflanigan talks about duoing it.

I'm pretty sure the same guy later solo'd it, but my search-Fu is weak.

GeneralDiomedes
01-11-2007, 08:36 PM
No, there was someone on here who said he solo'd the tomb.

Edit: Tomb of the Burning Heart is apparently the quest we are looking for.

Here (http://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76636) is the thread when jjflanigan talks about duoing it.

I'm pretty sure the same guy later solo'd it, but my search-Fu is weak.

might be able to solo it with halt undead.

Guildmaster_Kadish
01-11-2007, 11:58 PM

Scoundrel's Run can be solo'd. You simply have to run around the dungeon a little bit to pull the valve on the other side of the door.

Master Kadish

Matuse
01-12-2007, 01:02 AM
Hmm, I tried scoundrels run myself, and I found myself locked in behind 2 gates away from the valve. I could have misread the layout, will check again.

EightyFour
01-12-2007, 05:00 AM
Yeah, Pit can be soloed with high jump, duo with moderate. I'd be interested if there was a way to solo, or even duo Xorian Cipher, took three people in at release and no matter how fast we moved couldn't hit those switchs without four =-(

I would agree that you could do it with a high jump, but that would be some great feat of jumping I would say. Have to be much greater than the 40's. I don't think that would be reasonable for everyone.

The third room alone, I have no idea how you would do it. My character had a jump of 34 when I went in, and no way I could jump that high. I guess maybe on the first steam blast valve you could try to trip it, and than run into it, and than aim for the ledge. But have no clue how you would do the second or the third without someone hitting the switches from the bottom.

Viglin
01-12-2007, 05:49 AM
Well, since I enjoy running lower level quests for favor and such, and it is difficult to find people who want to do these the way I like to do them (Ie: even on a favor quest, you kill everything, smash every barrel, find every secret possible, etc...none of this "rush to the end and ignore everything else" nonsense"), I end up soloing quite a few of them. This has run me into the issue of some of Turbine's design mechanics, which make certain quests absolutely positively impossible for 1 person to accomplish alone. I think a list of such quests is in order.

For the purposes of this list, there is only 1 qualification that matters, and that is a lever, switch, floor pedastal, etc that requires one person in one location, and a second (or more) person in another. So for example, the difficulty of killing Velah by yourself does not qualify VoN6 for this list.

Rest For The Restless, House P. Requires 2.>>Have personnally soloed, as many have already listed.
The Scoundrel's Run, Three Barrel Cove. Requires 2.>>Have personally soloed, you just have to take the long way around after open the gate to the idol part.
The Tomb Of The <X> Heart, House P (Necropolis). Requires 4.>>JJ has soloed this l believe using a mixture of Summon and Halt Undead...could also use Web.

Additions welcome, and I forget which specific Heart quest for the Necropolis needs 4 people to stand on the floor runes.

Someone started a thread a month or so ago about soloing the Pit with very detailed instructions and screenshots to show how. Believe was hmm level 10.

I have to give those others you list a try someday soon..

samho
01-12-2007, 11:07 AM
I would agree that you could do it with a high jump, but that would be some great feat of jumping I would say. Have to be much greater than the 40's. I don't think that would be reasonable for everyone.

The third room alone, I have no idea how you would do it. My character had a jump of 34 when I went in, and no way I could jump that high. I guess maybe on the first steam blast valve you could try to trip it, and than run into it, and than aim for the ledge. But have no clue how you would do the second or the third without someone hitting the switches from the bottom.

Even before they made the Pit "slightly easier", you can still done this quest via 35 or less jump. There's a thread in the general forum already discuss about it with the detail you may require. ( And I've done it before/after the change myself, with the Jump buff from house P )

Aspenor
01-12-2007, 12:48 PM
Xorian Cypher does not require 4 characters. It requires 2.

*added note so I'm not being mysterious*
The weight triggers for the black doors do not need to be activated by PCs. A summoned monster will trigger them just as effectively.

DemonMage
01-12-2007, 01:33 PM
Yeah, I didn't think about that at the time, though to be fair, there's not many places in the game where it comes up -- so I would have expected them to force PCs. It's nice that with a bit more trouble you can duo it.

sigtrent
01-12-2007, 05:36 PM

Ya, I think it may be possible but its hard to pull it off. I did get one side fixed by getting my opponents to shand on the triggers, so if you could freeze them in place and then do the same on the ohter side you could do it with one person.

EightyFour
01-12-2007, 06:37 PM
I see no guide for The Pit, even one that is for a group. I typed in "The Pit" for the search and looked thru and found nothing. Could someone that knows where the post is please provide a link.

I just have to see it to believe it.

Dariuss
01-13-2007, 04:23 AM
So is the consensus so far that

&

The Xorian Cipher

are the only two, absolutely un-solo-able quests?

PS. Thanks for starting this thread. I've actually been thinking about doing something similar for a few weeks, I just wasn't motivated enough to actually do it. So kudos to you, good sir.

Gimpster
01-13-2007, 09:36 AM
The Xorian Cipher

Xorian Cipher is hypothetically soloable. It has been done with 3 players easily, and 2 players with difficulty.

It would be possible for one player to pull a monster on to each of the three platforms and lock it down with Greater Command, Hold Monster, Flesh to Stone, Otto's Resistable Dance, or whatever. That way you could open the passages by yourself.

philo
01-13-2007, 01:30 PM
So is the consensus so far that

&

The Xorian Cipher

PS. Thanks for starting this thread. I've actually been thinking about doing something similar for a few weeks, I just wasn't motivated enough to actually do it. So kudos to you, good sir.

von 5 and 6 are both not soloable, neither is TF

Riddikulus
01-13-2007, 04:18 PM
von 5 and 6 are both not soloable, neither is TF
None of the raid quests are soloable except for TS.

VoN 5: switches in the lightning room requires 5?
VoN 6: 3 pillars
TF: levers to move underwater
Titan: running crystals (or does the gun stay powered long enough to solo that?)
DQ1 technically soloable... but DPS is insane.
You might be able to solo DQ2... if you were REALLY lucky.

VonBek
01-13-2007, 07:43 PM
I've heard about the recall trick on this one. Yet, every time I recalled out of the cage trap, the cage trap would reset, and the gate would drop on the rest of the quest.

I'm open to clues.

philo
01-13-2007, 08:12 PM

Titan: running crystals (or does the gun stay powered long enough to solo that?)

umm marilith is soloable

or is that what you are referring to as dq2?

adq isnt a raid quest, so not sure why you would mention "none of the raid quests are soloable" and then mention adq...assuming thats what you are refering to as dq1..and yes it is soloable

there is nothing stopping anyone from soloing marilith

and yes one person can gather crystals and fire the laser...

Riddikulus
01-13-2007, 11:47 PM
umm marilith is soloable

adq isnt a raid quest, so not sure why you would mention "none of the raid quests are soloable" and then mention adq...assuming thats what you are refering to as dq1..and yes it is soloable

You're right DQ1 is not a raid quest.

But I'm not sure she's soloable in DQ1... her regen is insane.

DQ2 = Zawabi's Revenge. At least she has no regen in DQ2... but like I said you would have to be awfully lucky to solo her without getting killed, and AFAIK no shrines and you can't come back in if you die.

Glenalth
01-14-2007, 02:25 AM
You're right DQ1 is not a raid quest.

But I'm not sure she's soloable in DQ1... her regen is insane.

DQ2 = Zawabi's Revenge. At least she has no regen in DQ2... but like I said you would have to be awfully lucky to solo her without getting killed, and AFAIK no shrines and you can't come back in if you die.

She has no regen in Against the Demon Queen that I'm aware of.

Gimpster
01-14-2007, 02:13 PM
It requires two. One character can do 3 of the 6 switches.

Hypothetically it could be soloed. Assuming the monsters were removed somehow (dragged away and fascinated), it is possible to summon an Earth Elemental to destroy pillars while you do something else. It would be virtually impossible to get two summons to kill pillars at the same time, but it might happen.

The gun power is indeed long enough. Theoretically if the Titan randomly stood still and stopped chasing you and killing you, stand at the controls, break a pillar onto the Titan with a throwing axe, and then activate the laser all by himself. But as long as the Titan doesn't cooperate, that can't be done.

I've seen individual rangers solo off 30% of Laliat's hp in DQ2. With more luck, they could make it further. (That's more likely to happen than someone soloing the Titan or VElah)

Gengulphus
01-20-2007, 10:16 AM
Haven't read all the posts in this thread, but I solo'd Rest for the Restless (on normal) and The Scoundrel's Run (on hard) with my lvl 12.4 paladin for favor. I died once in Rest for the Restless, but I made it through Scoundrel's run w/ no deaths!

Caliban
01-20-2007, 10:49 AM

You can do it with a jump of 34, feather fall, and a haste potion. You just have to know WHERE to jump to. =)

I did it with my fighter (died several times learning the tricks). I could probably do it even easier with my wizard.

EightyFour
01-20-2007, 09:37 PM
You can do it with a jump of 34, feather fall, and a haste potion. You just have to know WHERE to jump to. =)

I did it with my fighter (died several times learning the tricks). I could probably do it even easier with my wizard.

Yeah I did it, I ran it solo all the way thru. In the third furnace room I had to go back out to get the house P buffs again. I activated the switch on the bottom half to propel me up to the second level. I went to the second level and was able to jump from the steam jet to the pipe with house P buffs and feather fall boots.

I ran to the middle of the room and ran back out toward the entrance on the second level pipe. Then from the second level pipe I jumped to the thrid level. This is where the switch was to get up to, I assume, the fire elementals.

However I got stuck at this part, what I did was jump down to the pipes running across to the other jet. The jet that boosts you to the top level. I had to use a beholder cookie to get up their. But it was close enough that I could hit the switch and get to the boost in time.

It took about 2 hours, but that is the second time I've done it, first time I was lead on my cleric, second time was this time.

However, how do I get thru the third room without a beholder cookie?

Osharan_Tregarth
01-20-2007, 11:35 PM
umm marilith is soloable

I wouldn't want to try it... But I did see a post on the... Ummm.. DMK forums a while back(I believe) where something had gone wrong, and everyone got locked out of the area with the titan down to about 20 percent except for one person. He was able to bring the titan down the rest of the way solo. So I guess it is THEORETICALLY possible... But it's nothing I'd like to try.

Jolani
01-21-2007, 04:53 AM
Titan awakes is not soloable. The only reason being the titan moves about too much. If he stood still long enough it would be possible. Twilight forge requires a minimum of 4 (and a hell of a lot preparation and decked out characters) I am not sure if von5 would need 2 or 4, but for two you would need characters with 25 str and 20 wis. VoN6 you MIGHT be able to do it with 1 person and a hell of alot of luck, but duo could be done. Deleras pt2 needs 2. And I think those are the only ones that absolutely cannot be solo'd.

remgeo
01-21-2007, 06:11 AM

the pit can be solo'd, it's just not easy

Vincenz
01-21-2007, 08:56 AM
Xorian Cipher is hypothetically soloable. It has been done with 3 players easily, and 2 players with difficulty.

It would be possible for one player to pull a monster on to each of the three platforms and lock it down with Greater Command, Hold Monster, Flesh to Stone, Otto's Resistable Dance, or whatever. That way you could open the passages by yourself.

No, because to open the gate to the puzzle you have to have someone downstairs to pull the lever...which locks that person in the room with the skels and wraiths.

samho
01-21-2007, 10:16 PM
No, because to open the gate to the puzzle you have to have someone downstairs to pull the lever...which locks that person in the room with the skels and wraiths.

If the memory serve me well, you can unlock 2 gate from the puzzle on the ground -- west one (in the puzzle room) was the one use for opening the gate connect puzzle room with the specter brother room, east one (again, in the puzzle room) was the one use for opening the gate connect the specter brother room to the shrine. None of them relate to the quest progress.

Once all three specter brothers dead in the east room, you should be able to progress the quest.

MeNorel
01-21-2007, 10:36 PM
actually XC can be soloed by 2 even without casting pets. Just kill a skellie on the other pads. Could be soloed if you didn't have to pull that dange switch. Web up two skillies on the low side then kill or web a third one on the other side then stand on the fourth.

Strakeln
01-21-2007, 10:51 PM
Yeah, Pit can be soloed with high jump, duo with moderate.A "high" jump is not required, my sorc does just fine with a total skill of 34. (Jump30 buff - like from house P - if your friend).

Strakeln
01-21-2007, 10:58 PM

34 jump is plenty. First vent, trip it yourself and run to the steam blast. Second vent, no steam needed - just stand on the valve and jump to the pipe, catching it with your hands and pulling yourself up. Once you're up there, you can jump to the large inverted L pipe that is near the third vent. Use that to get on the pipe that runs toward the room with two chests up top. Jump from there and feather fall to the vent you use to get to the chest room. This one is just like the first valve, you can trigger it yourself.

From the treasure room, feather fall to the pipe going diagonal from your left. That will get you to the top switch of the furnace.

I suspect 30 jump is enough, but 34 definitely is.

EightyFour
01-22-2007, 03:03 PM
34 jump is plenty. First vent, trip it yourself and run to the steam blast. Second vent, no steam needed - just stand on the valve and jump to the pipe, catching it with your hands and pulling yourself up. Once you're up there, you can jump to the large inverted L pipe that is near the third vent. Use that to get on the pipe that runs toward the room with two chests up top. Jump from there and feather fall to the vent you use to get to the chest room. This one is just like the first valve, you can trigger it yourself.

From the treasure room, feather fall to the pipe going diagonal from your left. That will get you to the top switch of the furnace.

I suspect 30 jump is enough, but 34 definitely is.

I don't think you read my post saying that I did do it solo, but I was looking for the discription on how to do it the right way. Thank you, this is exactly what I've been looking for.

jjflanigan
01-22-2007, 03:06 PM
I don't think you can solo XC, regardless.

You could, feasibly, use the web / hold / summon pet method to open up both sides of the corridor, but once you go in the left side, you have to pull the lever on the right side to open the gate to get into the floor puzzle. I'm fairly certain that once you open both of the corridors you get the silly black barrier at the end, so you can't go in the right, flip the lever then DD out and go up the left corridor.

But the Necropolis quest can be done fairly routinely using halt undead / web on one side and a summon scroll (or clickie) on the other.

samho
01-22-2007, 05:34 PM
You could, feasibly, use the web / hold / summon pet method to open up both sides of the corridor, but once you go in the left side, you have to pull the lever on the right side to open the gate to get into the floor puzzle. I'm fairly certain that once you open both of the corridors you get the silly black barrier at the end, so you can't go in the right, flip the lever then DD out and go up the left corridor.

Hmm I didn't run XC in these days and I do think if XC was soloable -- it would be kind of difficult (because the range between both rune pad area was large enough). But speaking about the puzzle room and specter room; I'm under the impression that only right room (the room where you need to pull the lever and then pop up 3 wraith brothers) might be the only necessary step. If my memory serve me well (but it could be wrong, heheh :p), I ever did solo the right part completely -- while 2 other team mate in left part busy dealing those skelly and try to work out the puzzle -- and the door to the trapped tunnel was opened even before the gate connected specter brother room with puzzle room opened.

I may wait for another weekend and try to seek someone else to run it again :-/

Dex
01-22-2007, 08:59 PM
I really like this thread, one of my favorite subjects. If pets no longer can trigger pads after next nerf, excuse me, update, I will bloody curse you all!

Eidrie_Solo
01-23-2007, 09:07 AM
I've read that alot of these quests are solo-able - like the 6man Demonqueen. Well - let's see some proof guys. You can record your solo quests using the FRAPS program, so let's check em out!

=)

geoffhanna
01-23-2007, 10:56 AM
Sunken Sewers absolutely can be solo'd...

But only if you have high STR or the ability to pick locks. Otherwise, can't get in.

Unless I am missing something obvious.

Matuse
01-24-2007, 12:48 AM
Add "Tomb Of The Shadow King" to this list (which I guess is my job). You need 2 simultaneous lever pulls to trigger the light beam that weakens Nsu.

samho
01-24-2007, 01:29 AM
Add "Tomb Of The Shadow King" to this list (which I guess is my job). You need 2 simultaneous lever pulls to trigger the light beam that weakens Nsu.

Not sure the part of King ( didn't really take too much attention on this step ) but Shadow Lord did need at least 2 people work for those twin lever / different color lever.

Viglin
01-24-2007, 11:27 AM
Add to the List[which has been mostly debunked by the way];

*Tomb of the Shadow King...till summoned, charmed, held minions learn to pull levers anyway...or Telekiness is added as a spell.

EightyFour
01-24-2007, 02:48 PM
I was thinking that if your making a list, than I would say that you should include what class can do it. Or just make a list that everyone can solo.

What about the Necroplis, isn't there a quest in there that can't be soloed? At the very beginning there are 2 pads to open the gates. I know that some people must use a pet or web a wraith, but not everyone has web or pets.

samho
01-24-2007, 07:54 PM
I was thinking that if your making a list, than I would say that you should include what class can do it. Or just make a list that everyone can solo.

What about the Necroplis, isn't there a quest in there that can't be soloed? At the very beginning there are 2 pads to open the gates. I know that some people must use a pet or web a wraith, but not everyone has web or pets.

That's meaningless. There are too many factor affect that a player can solo a specific quest or not. For example, Freshen the Air, IF a fighter with numbers of shield clicky and improved fire shield able to solo it but a fighter w/o it unable to do so, should we add "necessary equipment" and / or "minimize character level" or even "necessary skill" to the list? Or maybe the "minimize budget" ? (since we need cash to provide supplement like potion or wand)

To be fair, list a quest can be solo by a character_X with detail (include the character_X's class/level/necessary equipment/tactic) was even more useful. Because of if anyone want to try it, he/she could determine that how should him/her prepare for. But I do think this thread was use for point out "if there's any specific quest we have no way to solo it regardless of any tactics / character stat / equipment / player skill".

MysticRhythms
01-24-2007, 07:59 PM
I think it's safe to say that the "two people in one place" necessity for From Beyond the Grave makes that very difficult if not impossible to solo.

I can't see one person holding the gate AND running around for several minutes building pyres.

I think it might be theoretically possible with a wizard routinely running back to the gate to recast firewall, but I seriously doubt it can be done.

jjflanigan
01-24-2007, 09:37 PM
I think it's safe to say that the "two people in one place" necessity for From Beyond the Grave makes that very difficult if not impossible to solo.

I can't see one person holding the gate AND running around for several minutes building pyres.

I think it might be theoretically possible with a wizard routinely running back to the gate to recast firewall, but I seriously doubt it can be done.

2 Paladin / 10 Sorceror can do it. Firewall + solid fog at the gates.

If I can bear to run that quest again, I'll SS it (or Fraps for the full thing).

VonBek
01-25-2007, 12:42 PM
Sunken Sewers absolutely can be solo'd...

But only if you have high STR or the ability to pick locks. Otherwise, can't get in.

Unless I am missing something obvious.

Level 3 Drow Ranger2/Rogue1 - a ring of restoration was helpful, as was a couple of Spicy Fungal Gumbos. I completed both paths each time, ran into a named rust monster (solo or normal mode), and the warlock (normal or hard). Had to run the rustie through the trap multiple times - yeesh.

EightyFour
01-25-2007, 01:23 PM
That's meaningless. There are too many factor affect that a player can solo a specific quest or not. For example, Freshen the Air, IF a fighter with numbers of shield clicky and improved fire shield able to solo it but a fighter w/o it unable to do so, should we add "necessary equipment" and / or "minimize character level" or even "necessary skill" to the list? Or maybe the "minimize budget" ? (since we need cash to provide supplement like potion or wand)

To be fair, list a quest can be solo by a character_X with detail (include the character_X's class/level/necessary equipment/tactic) was even more useful. Because of if anyone want to try it, he/she could determine that how should him/her prepare for. But I do think this thread was use for point out "if there's any specific quest we have no way to solo it regardless of any tactics / character stat / equipment / player skill".

I'm not saying to be unreasonable. But if you need magic to solo it, than it should not be included in a solo quest. Minus House buffs. And if it dose require magic, than it should be stated that way. Like (You need a caster for this quest) or (You need this spell for this part)

Jolani
01-25-2007, 04:51 PM
Wait, so any quest a wizard can solo should not be considered soloable? That makes absolutely no sense. Just because every guy and his dog can't solo a quest does not mean it's unsoloable. Should we eliminate quests that have int runes in them (like VoN3) too, since a warforged barbarian may not have 10 base int and an int potion to hit them?

Matuse
01-25-2007, 05:36 PM
The rules on what qualifies a quest for soloability are explicitly listed and not up for negotiation.

If you want to make a 50,000 line listing of quests that need X spell for Y situation, or need Z lock picking to get past an optional locked door...make your own thread.

Jolani
01-26-2007, 04:57 AM
VoN5 only needs two (or 4, I can't verify one person can hit all three activators on each side) The gates past the split can be jumped around (I've done it.)

EightyFour
01-27-2007, 02:43 PM
I'm sorry, it seems that my words have confused some here. It seems that some feel that I'm asking to much. I've soloed several quests and find that most of the time they are soloable by any class. To add a point of (You can't get past this point unless you have an int of 18 so the quest cannot be completed if you don't have it) I don't think would be that big a deal.

I'm not asking a walk through here. I feel that I'm asking something that is so simple to add, to make complaint about it seems strange to me.

Gimpster
01-29-2007, 04:24 PM
To add a point of (You can't get past this point unless you have an int of 18 so the quest cannot be completed if you don't have it) I don't think would be that big a deal.
It wouldn't be a big deal, but it wouldn't be this topic either.

Quests like VON3 with certain minimum requirements to complete AT ALL (14 intelligence) is a much broader question than quests which require more than one player. You can't beat VON3 with 13 int regardless if you have 1 or 6 players- soloability is an independent variable.

EightyFour
01-30-2007, 01:16 AM
It wouldn't be a big deal, but it wouldn't be this topic either.

Quests like VON3 with certain minimum requirements to complete AT ALL (14 intelligence) is a much broader question than quests which require more than one player. You can't beat VON3 with 13 int regardless if you have 1 or 6 players- soloability is an independent variable.

So are you saying that this thread is more for braging rights to what quests people completed?

If this is not the case, which I'm starting to become confused about what this thread is about. My understanding is that this was started in order to compile a complete list of all quests and which one's are and are not soloable. And that's it, take the already provided list of all quests, than slash any quest's that are not soloable, and done.

But I'm not looking for a perspective. Fine, if that inevitable and earth elementals at the end of VON 3 is to hard, than fine. But if it seems possiable, that yes, these hit points can be taken down, and yes once they are than the quest is complete. Than it should be maked as soloable. Because someone maybe able to complete it.

But I may have misunderstood the orginal intent. The question may not be what is soloable by a person that can solo this.

It seems that it maybe possiable that this thread is dedicated to finding the easiest to solo to the hardest. But again that is a matter of perspective.
Which I don't agree would do so well as a compiled list because some would find some quests tougher and some would find other easier.

I'm just looking for the facts. Fact, if you don't have a way to pull this second lever at the same time I pull this first one, than not able to solo. Fact, if you need a way to step on another pad for so long, than not soloable by some classes. Fact if your int is not 14 or higher, than you cannot complete the quest. All facts. But maybe I just confused what the topic was about. Mis-communication, sorry for the break down.

arcanehealer
01-03-2008, 04:30 PM

be a ranger with precise shot and get to a spot were you can see all the pillars and shoot them all down or jump around the barrier

sirgog
01-03-2008, 06:41 PM

VoN5 - you are correct.

VoN6 - you are wrong. Search Youtube for a video of a ranger soloing this quest.

DQ2 - Was done pre-mod 5 by many rangers (even on elite). Don't know if they still can now.

Reaver - You left this off the list. Been soloed by many prior to 4.1 nerfs of CC spells. Still can be soloed by powergamer casters with uber uber gear.

Titan - Technically it can be soloed, but random chance is against you as ranging the pillars causes them to fall in random directions. You can theoretically prepare all the pillars, run the crystals, range the pillars from the laser point and fire yourself, but because of the random falling direction, you are very unlikely to succeed.

TF - You can theoretically get through this to the Titan (no completion) solo, although noone has done it yet. You need a warforged wizard with quicken spell, reconstruct, and dimension door. Take a purple crystal and solo purple, then take a red crystal, run through the blue corridor (quickened heals to survive), and kill the steel golems. Get to the high-security corridor and step through red and purple. Then dimension door and destroy your crystals, start over, and go green (complete the puzzle) and blue, get back to the high-security corridor, and step through all bar yellow. Walk back through the blue corridor to the green side, destroy the blue crystal, grab a yellow, and sprint through blue again to complete the run.

Cheesy, but it works (in theory). Don't die fighting Lord Istharan, that'd make you look really, really stupid. And note, you will not get completion credit with this strategy, but you will get to try soloing the Titan.

Ghoste
01-04-2008, 12:53 AM
Xorian Cipher: 2 people and pets, the 4 man switch can be solo'd, but the party has to split up after that and barriers prevent backtracking.
Tomb of the Burning Heart: soloable (if you can't figure out how, look here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbER8WeNmWU) for a hint)
Von5: has been done with 2. Not possible anymore though due to ladder being moved up by the fire vent.
Pit: soloable (as shown here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv1juK6v5hU))
Rest for the Restless: soloable without recalling (d-door)
Von6: someone asked how you take down the pillars solo. Here's how. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2d_cMhKmvc)

And that's as far as I've read in this thread.

mehlinda
01-04-2008, 06:47 AM

I know at least 4 people who regularlt solo the pit ( even on elite) mostly with 13 sorc/1 bard builds and can of course be done by same toons at lower than capped levels tho not as fast.. if you are on thelanis i will introduce you

mehlinda
01-04-2008, 06:49 AM
Can be soloed but you have to recall out after hitting one of the valves. Depends on how you want to define 'soloable' I guess.

ddoor out of room you are locked into and soloable

mehlinda
01-04-2008, 06:50 AM

xc can be duo'd if you cast summons on floor runes

stockwizard5
01-04-2008, 11:08 AM
Was not be and is not be (that I know of) - (mostly personal experience)

Xorian (1 for Switches but 2 for gates)
Von5 (was 2 for switches now 3 for flamapult)
Delera 2 (2 for switches)
Abbot (2 for Chasm)
Shadow King (2 for levers)

Can be but not is be (that I know of):

Twilight Forge (hallways)

Was be but not is be (that I know of):

Titan (pillars - 5th and 6th specifically)

Not sure because of changes be:

Velah (change to walkway edges)

GrayOldDruid
01-04-2008, 11:16 AM
Hmm, I tried scoundrels run myself, and I found myself locked in behind 2 gates away from the valve. I could have misread the layout, will check again.

I solo'd Scoundrel's Run. (which probably goes a looong way to showing it IS very soloable) Delera's part 2, the missing party, I've had to call in help to lever-pull... (which suxxx)

Zorlinta
01-06-2008, 12:53 PM
You cant solo crucible, or at least i havent heard its possible, mostly the fact the switches on the maze, because you need to keep opening/close the switches to can pick & place the crests, so switch I and H are the troublesome. So unless somebody with extremely exceptional jump or there are some special locations to climb up, its not possible do it with DD. And someway too the wheels are troublesome because its a long way to can jump and set the 3 in time.

Shade
01-07-2008, 06:15 AM
You cant solo crucible, or at least i havent heard its possible, mostly the fact the switches on the maze, because you need to keep opening/close the switches to can pick & place the crests, so switch I and H are the troublesome. So unless somebody with extremely exceptional jump or there are some special locations to climb up, its not possible do it with DD. And someway too the wheels are troublesome because its a long way to can jump and set the 3 in time.

True that one can't be anymore.

It was doable before update 5.2.. Because of beholders cookies letting you jump up over the puzzle and land in the center to get the item.

But now since beholder cookies were nerfed its no longer possible.

Kamboe
01-09-2008, 07:42 PM
Post nerf I soloed DQ and SR both elite with my sorc.
Post nerf my bro soloed Von 6 on his rngr.
Post nerf I soloed Xc on my sorc.

Again..post nerf...extremly hard to do now unless you find another bug or are extremely uber.

yk49
01-10-2008, 01:19 AM
Was not be and is not be (that I know of) - (mostly personal experience)

Abbot (2 for Chasm)

Abbot requires at least 6 in party. When there are less than that alive at the point, he won't even teleport you to puzzles.

wizzy_catt
01-10-2008, 01:54 AM
Floor runes:
incorrect. xorian cipher part 2 can be duoed.

part1 or part2? if part2 provide screenshot please how do you pull lever on the right side and jump back to the puzzle side? theres barrier up prevent you to be at both places.

spyderwolf
01-10-2008, 01:59 AM

von 5 wis,str, and ranged only takes 2 people ..my pally can hit all 3 quite easily.

Shade
01-10-2008, 10:42 PM
Post nerf I soloed DQ and SR both elite with my sorc.
Post nerf my bro soloed Von 6 on his rngr.

Again..post nerf...extremly hard to do now unless you find another bug or are extremely uber.

FYI - post means after.. Meaning since any nerfs you might be refering too. Perhaps you mean pre-nerf (refering to pre-beholder cookie nerf)

Tho really Demon Queen, Stormreaver and Dragon are all still soloable, they never required any special tricks that were nerfed.
DQ you just kite her the entire time on a ranger - so you have evasion to stay alive, can self buff and heal. It's also possible to do on a sorc/wiz by dropping a firewall then jumping down while she burns it in - but reall takes allot of mana pots and not worth it.
Dragon I would say is only doable by a ranger, or 12Ftr/2Rog with some excellent umd and very high end equipment.
Stormreaver is just so plain easy and almost class can solo it.

Xorian Cipher was never fully soloable - you just made that up. Beholder cookies would of made no difference as the barrirers go all the way up to the ceiling.

Umbrage
01-11-2008, 12:33 AM

I've soloed Burning Heart with my rogue. No spells were needed, I just made sure to kill bad guys on the runes on one side, then went over to the other and killed another and stood on the 4th.

It took quite a few tries because the timing is tight because after you kill the first mob you only have 30 seconds or so to kill the other two and stand on the 4th until the 1st one disappears.

The hardest part is getting the mobs to move just right to get in position on the pads. (they don't always cooperate while attacking)

NKspeed
01-11-2008, 12:55 AM

just a quick disagree on this one, I solo's it on my Sorc, just needed to flesh to stone the guys on the switch and click! Open door :-)

Umbrage
01-11-2008, 01:02 AM
Xorian Cipher was never fully soloable - you just made that up. Beholder cookies would of made no difference as the barrirers go all the way up to the ceiling.

The Beholder cookies were mentioned in reference to Crucible, not Xorian. (to jump over the maze and get the horn, then jump back) The wheels in Crucible can be done by setting them to a combo and pulling the lever until it comes up. :) (or setting 1 or 2 wheels and jumping to the rest when the right combo comes up.)

Someone else posted a link to a video of someone opening the barriers in Xorian solo.

Umbrage
01-11-2008, 01:04 AM
von 5 wis,str, and ranged only takes 2 people ..my pally can hit all 3 quite easily.

The lightning room can be done by 2, but the furnace now needs 3, so that is the new limiting factor.

Ghoste
01-11-2008, 01:33 AM
The Beholder cookies were mentioned in reference to Crucible, not Xorian. (to jump over the maze and get the horn, then jump back) The wheels in Crucible can be done by setting them to a combo and pulling the lever until it comes up. :) (or setting 1 or 2 wheels and jumping to the rest when the right combo comes up.)

Someone else posted a link to a video of someone opening the barriers in Xorian solo.
I think that's my vid. Past that point though is no longer solo'able. You have to either go past the right barrier, or the left one, with no way to get to the other once you lower them (new barriers pop up behind you.

Shade
01-11-2008, 02:09 AM
o.

Yea duh... i was the guy who posted you could do crucible with the behodler cookies, maybe read the thread first.

jkm
01-17-2008, 05:47 PM
adding to this list:

one of the new tombs have gears where you have to pass from one side to the other and pull switches at the same time (the frost one, think its unhallowed).

Vizzini
01-17-2008, 05:50 PM
This Quest can be solo'd by Flesh to Stoning Enemies on the Floor switches and Level Draining them so they don't make their saves.

Floor runes:

MrCow
01-17-2008, 05:55 PM
one of the new tombs have gears where you have to pass from one side to the other and pull switches at the same time (the frost one, think its unhallowed).

That would be Tomb of the Forbidden.

This Quest [Xorian Cipher] can be solo'd by Flesh to Stoning Enemies on the Floor switches and Level Draining them so they don't make their saves.

The issue isn't the 4 floor switches, its what happens after you activate the 4 floor switches that causes you to require two people. Its not soloable.

By the way, Improved Trip and Halt Undead both work well if you need bodies on the switches for a 2-man or 3-man group.

Vizzini
01-17-2008, 06:03 PM
I'm sorry I should have corrected..

You CAN GET ALL KEYS for Farming XC Solo - To actually complete you have to have 2 people! :p

That would be Tomb of the Forbidden.

The issue isn't the 4 floor switches, its what happens after you activate the 4 floor switches that causes you to require two people. Its not soloable.

By the way, Improved Trip and Halt Undead both work well if you need bodies on the switches for a 2-man or 3-man group.

Osharan_Tregarth
01-17-2008, 06:06 PM
This Quest can be solo'd by Flesh to Stoning Enemies on the Floor switches and Level Draining them so they don't make their saves.

How do you get back up after you flip the lower switch? Isn't there a gate that locks you down in the lower area?

Vizzini
01-17-2008, 06:15 PM
Was corrected See post just above yours ^^^

How do you get back up after you flip the lower switch? Isn't there a gate that locks you down in the lower area?

Uska
02-22-2008, 01:43 AM

Nah ddoor works as well

GeneralDiomedes
04-08-2008, 12:44 PM
2 Paladin / 10 Sorceror can do it. Firewall + solid fog at the gates.

If I can bear to run that quest again, I'll SS it (or Fraps for the full thing).

Or 11 Sorc. Or probably any arcane with fog and firewall really.

SS (http://seanjorden.web.aplus.net/ddo/1750/ScreenShot00316.jpg)

Hardest part for me was not getting interrupted at the 4th pyre.

Talon_Moonshadow
04-08-2008, 12:52 PM

A ranger could do it. Might need GCB bow, but it can be done.

Edit: Sry....just realised I was responding to a year old post.

Zaodon
04-08-2008, 01:53 PM

Dimension Door.

Mavnimo
04-08-2008, 02:18 PM
in regards to XC. u can get 2 of the 3 keys solo. in order to get the 3rd key u need a second person to either hit the lever in the bottom room or do the puzzle in the top room. a dimension door will not work because both sides get closed off after u enter.

von 5 requires 4 now that the ladder has been raised beyond jump range. before the ladder fix it could be done with 2 people who had both 25 str and 20 wis(yes 1 person could do all 3-hit str, jump swing hit ranged, come down hit wis).

Yaga_Nub
04-08-2008, 02:48 PM
I didn't read through the whole thread but did it ever get cleared up that, yes, you can do the Pit solo and, no, you don't need a high jump to do it. If not then let me clear that up.

jjflanigan
04-08-2008, 02:50 PM
I didn't read through the whole thread but did it ever get cleared up that, yes, you can do the Pit solo and, no, you don't need a high jump to do it. If not then let me clear that up.

Yes -- It was cleared up when I posted the youtube tutorial video for the pit solo with a jump skill of 5 ;)

Pellegro
04-08-2008, 04:49 PM
Xorian Cypher does not require 4 characters. It requires 2.

*added note so I'm not being mysterious*
The weight triggers for the black doors do not need to be activated by PCs. A summoned monster will trigger them just as effectively.

Can you solo it if you Flesh To Stone some summons on the triggers on one side, run to the other, summon on one while standing on the other?

That'd be kinda cool. If it worked.

Strakeln
04-08-2008, 05:26 PM
Can you solo it if you Flesh To Stone some summons on the triggers on one side, run to the other, summon on one while standing on the other?

That'd be kinda cool. If it worked.That will work to get you into one room, but you need to pull the switch in the bottom room to open the door in the top room.

Yaga_Nub
04-09-2008, 10:12 AM
Yes -- It was cleared up when I posted the youtube tutorial video for the pit solo with a jump skill of 5 ;)

5? Damn man you sky!

PhoenixFire31
04-09-2008, 10:54 AM
Tomb of the Burning Heart can be solo'd by a caster....Flesh to Stone some ghouls onto the stands and the gates will open.

Not sure if that had been mentioned...;)

Hobgoblin
05-07-2008, 11:56 AM
what about deleras 2

binnsr
05-07-2008, 12:02 PM
Is it possible for one character to hit both levers in "Raid the Vulkoorim" to release the spawn? Maybe its a timing issue, but I was in there last night on my new tank and by the time I could get the second one pulled, the first is resetting - had to wait for the rest of the party to catch up (zerg on Wayne! :))

Phidius
05-16-2008, 01:27 AM
I was guiding some players through the Shadow King quest, and had them all wait at the door outside the lever room while I went to pull the mummy. Since I was running much faster than the mummy, I decided to wait at a door to firewall the spawned shadows, and just take off running again when the mummy caught up. Sure enough, he came shambling up, so I took off running. Next thing I know, the quest was finished - apparently, he burned up in the firewalls! We weren't anywhere near the lever room, and I was totally floored.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is this a fluke? I thought he was invincible until you got him locked in that little room with the lights on.

totmacher2
05-17-2008, 06:21 PM

I have done von5 with 2 battle clerics...duo but not solo

GeneralDiomedes
05-17-2008, 09:23 PM
Maze of Madness - I can't see a way anyhow.

miceelf88
05-18-2008, 06:03 AM
The levers can be pulled in time. You stand exactly between them, so that you can use both from where you stand. YOu start pulling one, then target the other and start using it AS SOON AS you can. may take a couple of tries to get it done, but it will work.

Ghoste
05-18-2008, 11:45 AM
I was guiding some players through the Shadow King quest, and had them all wait at the door outside the lever room while I went to pull the mummy. Since I was running much faster than the mummy, I decided to wait at a door to firewall the spawned shadows, and just take off running again when the mummy caught up. Sure enough, he came shambling up, so I took off running. Next thing I know, the quest was finished - apparently, he burned up in the firewalls! We weren't anywhere near the lever room, and I was totally floored.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is this a fluke? I thought he was invincible until you got him locked in that little room with the lights on.
Same thing happened to me recently. I told the party "go tothe lever room, I'll ddoor back tothe start and get the mummy." The cleric wasn't listening, saw the ddoor, thought it was for him, and went through. The mummy went after him. To grab agro, I threw a fireball at the mummy. I figured it wouldn't hurt him, but grab might agro like walking through a disco ball or something. Killed the mummy though and the quest completed.

The devs did mention they were having problems lately with monster who change state from killable to invincible.

Rilen
05-21-2008, 09:18 AM
TF - You can theoretically get through this to the Titan (no completion) solo, although noone has done it yet. You need a warforged wizard with quicken spell, reconstruct, and dimension door. Take a purple crystal and solo purple, then take a red crystal, run through the blue corridor (quickened heals to survive), and kill the steel golems. Get to the high-security corridor and step through red and purple. Then dimension door and destroy your crystals, start over, and go green (complete the puzzle) and blue, get back to the high-security corridor, and step through all bar yellow. Walk back through the blue corridor to the green side, destroy the blue crystal, grab a yellow, and sprint through blue again to complete the run.

Cheesy, but it works (in theory). Don't die fighting Lord Istharan, that'd make you look really, really stupid. And note, you will not get completion credit with this strategy, but you will get to try soloing the Titan.

For what its worth, you dont have to be an arcane to solo the Forge. I've done it on Rilen (cleric). Substitute "recall and re-enter" for dim door.

Screenshot or it didnt happen right?
http://gallery.mmoguildsites.com/img39046.jpg

Strakeln
05-21-2008, 11:29 AM
In theory, could be done with a 500-600 HP barbarian with 8 stacks of potions :)

StrikerDroid
05-21-2008, 12:12 PM
Pleaze explain how you got to the end of the red puzzle (in Twilight forge) with only one person.

Strakeln
05-21-2008, 04:04 PM
Pleaze explain how you got to the end of the red puzzle (in Twilight forge) with only one person.The claim is to get to the end of TF solo, not that the mission has been completed. It is impossible to "complete" the Twilight Forge solo, due to both the red side and the switches in the golem room.

Rilen
05-21-2008, 11:33 PM
Pleaze explain how you got to the end of the red puzzle (in Twilight forge) with only one person.

Yep, not possible to "complete" solo - only possible to get through Forge and move on to the Titan. I never
claimed completion.. I think it was posted earlier, but here is how anyone w/ the appropriate
healing can work their way through. Your objective is to lower the colored barriers that prevent you from
advancing to the Titan, not to complete the quest's objectives..

recall that the colored barriers preventing you from reaching the Illithid, and ultimately the titan requires
the following stones in this order: RED, PURPLE, BLUE, GREEN, YELLOW

no dim door version:
- zone in
- get purple
- clear to red/blue dispenser
- get red
- quicken through blue hall topside
- waste golems
- use red, purple.
- recall/re-enter

- get green
- do green side puzzle step by step (recall ,re-enter), repeat for 1st 4 green crystals,
quicken through green for rest of puzzle
- get another green on last step before puzzle complete,
- complete puzzle, then get blue from room across bridge adjacent to puzzle room
- run blue hall
- use blue, green
- recall/re-enter

- get green
- get yellow
- quicken through blue hall from puzzle room
- use yellow

- waste flayer, complete

Rilen
05-21-2008, 11:45 PM
In theory, could be done with a 500-600 HP barbarian with 8 stacks of potions :)

eh, negative I dont think so. no offense .. tried it on a ~ 500 HP toon w/ pots, wands and scrolls .. could not even come close to making it. possible on that type of build that my skills were not good enough to chain the consumable heals, but the cooldowns and low rate of HP heal return kill you in the various hallways.. and the healthrough hallways are not created equal.

is the green side run possible that way... yeah maybe.. its not that long a run... blue hallways are longer and I dont see a consumable/clicky healer making it .. if you can .. post the SS.. my hat would be off to you.

as for any toon who can quicken self-heal .. certainly possible .. on normal, you can do this with patience, and no pots. Wait
for first shrine to reset as needed.. on elite.. (and yes, I did that as well) .. you will eat mana pots to get it done.. period.

PS - so far, I've managed to whack the Titan w/ 3 pillars + gun shots solo .. I start w/ pillars closest to the gun control since he moves slow and is aggro'd on me... I dont know yet if he can
be killed solo - as much as I want to believe I can do it .. I am having a hard time seeing how I can drop the far pillars w/ him in position. Will certainly update this if I do better than closest 3 of
4 pillars.

-Ri

Uska
05-22-2008, 12:10 AM

No you can get by with less if you have an uber jump

Uska
05-22-2008, 12:12 AM

There are 2 types of quests that need multiple people. There are ones that require floor runes to be stood upon, and there are ones that have levers or switches, or wall runes, or...whatever, that need to be activated. Floor runes are essentially pressure-activated, and any creature standing on them is sufficient. With clever use of spells like Summon Monster, Halt Undead, Hold Monster, etc, you can "convince" NPCs to stand on the floor runes and substitute for a player. Switches, wall runes, levers must be activated by players.

Floor runes:

Levers/Switches/Runes:

Rest For The Restless, House P. Requires 2. [Can be solo'd if you are willing to recall out and enter]

Rest for the restless can be solo'd by the proper level wizard or sorcerer with d-door or any umd build with a scroll for said spell also any human with the lesser mark of passage can do so as well without recalling

Rilen
05-22-2008, 12:13 AM
No you can get by with less if you have an uber jump
As stated earlier in the thread . Pit can be solo'd.

Strakeln
05-22-2008, 10:43 AM
eh, negative I dont think so. no offense .. tried it on a ~ 500 HP toon w/ pots, wands and scrolls .. could not even come close to making it. possible on that type of build that my skills were not good enough to chain the consumable heals, but the cooldowns and low rate of HP heal return kill you in the various hallways.. and the healthrough hallways are not created equal.That's your problem right there - trying to heal yourself through the hallway(s) will slow you down immensely. Instead of chugging potions, you need to be hasting/speed boosting. It is absolutely possible, but it would not be easy.

Also keep in mind that the blue hallway does not have to be run all at once. What I do on my barb (if coming from the green side) is run to the purple side, refill HP, then run to the golem room.

This is easy to prove, and you don't need me to do it for you. If, after some practice, you can run through a hallway - any hallway - and survive, then it is possible. It just may require someone with more speed/HP/twitchiness/luck.

Strakeln
05-22-2008, 10:44 AM
No you can get by with less if you have an uber jumpIf a jump score of 20 is uber, okay. Pretty sure you could do it with 15 or less.

GeneralDiomedes
05-22-2008, 01:46 PM
If a jump score of 20 is uber, okay. Pretty sure you could do it with 15 or less.

Can do 3rd furnace with basically no jump at all the roundabout way (see JJFlanigan's video) or the direct way with 30s or more. However, I still needed to jump as I was catapulted by the steam jet to make it the direct way with a 34 Jump. The room can probably be done in about 20 seconds the direct way if you make the jump the first time.

Rilen
05-27-2008, 11:01 AM
That's your problem right there - trying to heal yourself through the hallway(s) will slow you down immensely. Instead of chugging potions, you need to be hasting/speed boosting. It is absolutely possible, but it would not be easy.

Also keep in mind that the blue hallway does not have to be run all at once. What I do on my barb (if coming from the green side) is run to the purple side, refill HP, then run to the golem room.

This is easy to prove, and you don't need me to do it for you. If, after some practice, you can run through a hallway - any hallway - and survive, then it is possible. It just may require someone with more speed/HP/twitchiness/luck.
So, you're saying you've solo'd the Forge on your barb then I take it?

SqtYork
05-28-2008, 04:04 PM
to release the 6 spawns

GeneralDiomedes
05-28-2008, 09:04 PM
to release the 6 spawns

I tried the advice of miceelf88's post, and his method works exactly as described.

The levers can be pulled in time. You stand exactly between them, so that you can use both from where you stand. YOu start pulling one, then target the other and start using it AS SOON AS you can. may take a couple of tries to get it done, but it will work.

miceelf88
05-29-2008, 12:07 PM
personally soloed raid the vulkoorim

Has anyone mentioned one of the third tier tombs quests (the one where two switches ahve to be pulled nearly simultaneously, and the optimal method is to hand the key through the bars? I don't belive it can be soloed.

Strakeln
05-29-2008, 05:01 PM
So, you're saying you've solo'd the Forge on your barb then I take it?Nope, not worth the time to me (easier to two-box it). But I have run through the blue hallway in the quest and survived, with both my cleric (easy) and my barb (HARD). The trick is, you need to run to the purple side, refill HP/recharge temp HP buffs/allow speed boost to reset, then go for the golem room. Maxing the speed boost enhancement would help as well, I think I only had the second tier when I did it though.

Since the only difficult part about soloing with a barb is getting through the hallways, and I have done so, I'd say that proves beyond a reasonable doubt that it could be done.

So far as I know, I'm the only person to have "two-box solo'd" the titan, though :D

Merdawq
02-01-2010, 01:14 PM
Burning Heart can be "soloed" with wise use of hirelings (To actually do this without any players you need to spend 20+ TPs to get gold lvl 1 hirelings and one normal with your level)

Arctigis
02-01-2010, 02:53 PM
Burning Heart can be "soloed" with wise use of hirelings (To actually do this without any players you need to spend 20+ TPs to get gold lvl 1 hirelings and one normal with your level)

Or have trip, flesh to stone, halt undead etc. etc. etc. Done to death mate, easy to solo.

Hisl
02-10-2010, 09:30 PM
I have soloed Deleras pt2 several times with a hireling. Just target the lever and have hireling pull. Of course some dont consider using a hireling as soloing. I do consider it soloing though.

SteeleTrueheart
02-10-2010, 09:44 PM
I tried the advice of miceelf88's post, and his method works exactly as described.

Originally Posted by miceelf88

I tried this for about 10 mins and it didn't work for me, it seemed REALLY close but I decided to just buy a 10tp hireling to help.

Guildmaster_Kadish
02-10-2010, 10:07 PM

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/102/threadnecromancyns1nf0.jpg

I seem to remember some much more recent and accurate threads about this subject. Not even sure how you managed to find this old one. :)

Kaeldur
02-10-2010, 11:14 PM
Switches, wall runes, levers must be activated by players.

Floor runes:

Levers/Switches/Runes:

I believe by this you mean no hirelings (probably stating the obvious)...

The Pit (probably stating the obvious again) can be soloed, I have done it myself. I use haste + sprint action and time the lever so I leave before the bar reaches the end. Then I jump on the pipe and I can fly all the way to the top.

Spawn of Vulkoorim can be soloed too. Like previously stated (just reinforcing the argument) if you stand in between the levers and time them (like I said regarding the Pit) you can pull them both in time...

stormwisp
02-18-2010, 09:57 AM
i solo the pit once a day for muckdoom, i have 3 jump, ur jump idea /fail

Matuse
02-18-2010, 10:35 AM
I believe by this you mean no hirelings (probably stating the obvious)...

I believe my original post is over 3 years old, and substantially predates the existance of hirelings. I'm not sure why this thread continues to be re-bumped.

However, if I cared to redo the original purpose of the thread, hirelings would not count as solo. Solo is one person. A hireling is a second person.

Lorz
02-18-2010, 10:59 AM
Because the servers are down?

FlameDiablo
01-31-2011, 06:07 AM

2 ppl + 2 hire are enought

i soloed it with hire no recall, remember that hire can teleport

soloed with hire no optional, but i have a friend that soloed with hire opt too

soloed with hire, but i think is solable without too

QuantumFX
02-03-2011, 08:24 PM
*snip* hire *snip* hire *snip* hire *snip* hire *snip* hire *snip* hire *snip*

However, hirelings *still* don’t have the ability to go back in time and add themselves to the 2007 version of DDO. ;)