PDA

View Full Version : Turbine Mailbag: Dear Cubie

The_Mighty_Cube
03-03-2006, 08:05 AM
Dear Cubie,

I read your "The Gelatinous Cube loves you" announcement and now I'm scared. I don't want to lose my access to DDO just because I forgot the rule about swearing and said a naughty word in a post I made. Please don't ban me!

Sincerely,
Potty Mouth from Khyber

Dear Potty Mouth,

Don't worry if you forgot the rule and swore one time. You will not get banned from either these forums or the game itself for a small infraction such as that. Most people will receive a warning before they find themselves banned from the forums.

Things that will get you banned from the forums (either temporarily or permanently):

- receiving an in-game ban
- personal attacks / harassment against another poster
- repeatedly swearing even after a warning
- deliberately circumventing the swear filter
- posting spam
- trolling (being a consistent and vehement force of negativity without offering anything constructive).
- and other offenses found in the Code of Conduct.

In other words, if you follow the Code of Conduct both in game and out, you should be fine.

Your friend,
The Cube

Dear Mr. Cube,

I love DDO, but there are some things about the game that I don't like. Will I get banned if I post about the things I don't like?

Look forward to hearing from you,
Worried from Adar

Dear Worried,

Don't fret! We know that sometime people have suggestions, comments, or issues that they would like to post about. That's why these forums are here! We want to hear your feedback so we can make constant work to improve DDO. Just be careful how you express your feelings. Saying "I'd really like to see X, Y, and Z, changed because of A, B, and C." is a great way to express your thoughts and concerns. On the other hand, a post saying "I hate this game, it's stinky." is going to become Cube Food.

Your friend,
The Cube

Dear Cubester,

I h8 u! Y did u banzzor me. U r teh suck!

&%@* $^%#,
Troll from Tharashk

Dear Troll,

/pseudopod smack

Your friend,
The Cube

Dear Gelatinous Cube,

Someone was posting personal attacks about me. I had to respond to them - they were saying nasty things about me! Only now I just got a warning from you. it's not fair!

Sincerely,
I'm Innocent from Mabar

Dear I'm Innocent,

I'm sorry to hear that someone was personally attacking you. However, the correct course of action is NOT to attack them back. Instead, you should use the "report post" button located in the lower left corner of the offending post. In fact, WHENEVER you see a naughty post you should use this button. We try our hardest to read these boards thoroughly, but there are a lot of new posts every day, so we are bound to miss a few. Using the "report post" button helps us find problem posts quickly. Also, if you are having a problem with another poster you can add that person to your "ignore" list. To do this, all you have to do is click on their name, and choose "View Public Profile" from the drop down menu. In the middle of the Public Profile is a button "Add this user to your ignore list." You will never be troubled by this person again!

Your Friend,
The Cube

Dear Cube,

I am concerned about your avatar. Is indicates that you are a green Gelatinous Cube. What about the purple Gelatinous Cubes out there? Or the clear ones?

Thank you,
Fighting Against Prejudice from Sarlona

Dear Fighting Against Prejudice,

While I'm sure my colorful cousins appreciate your concern, my picture indicates what I look like. I am what I am, and I am green.

Your Friend,
The Cube

Darkwolf
03-03-2006, 08:12 AM
Best... thread... ever!

Keep'em comin' Cubie. :D

Kosomok
03-03-2006, 08:46 AM
LOL, nice, humorous way to let people know more clearly what will get them in trouble.

Deg
03-03-2006, 08:54 AM
*prays to the Cube*

Nillas
03-03-2006, 09:03 AM
How much damage does a /psuedopod smack do?

Kooter
03-03-2006, 09:04 AM
Cube I think I love you.

Jadara
03-03-2006, 09:05 AM
this thread delivers!

Frank
03-03-2006, 09:06 AM
Mr. Cube should go fight Block from the WoW forums to see who the true 4x4 forum moderator shall be.

Gror_Stoneshard
03-03-2006, 09:11 AM
Gooey multiattack feats, look out! Good way to post the parameters.

Ziegler_Von_Strahn
03-03-2006, 09:37 AM
Dear Gelatin Box,

I am sad to see nothing has been done to bring you to justice. Maybe some have forgotten your usurping of the forum halls. But I will never forget the hugs given us by The Owlbear....yes, you remember, dont deny it, that one who roamed these halls before you, who mysteriously vanished with your appearance and subsequent control of the forums.

Your slithering and slurping about the forums is an unwelcome presence and it can only be surmised that your have absorbed the owlbear we miss so much....so to you I say....We want our Owlbear back!!!

Ziegler

The_Mighty_Cube
03-03-2006, 09:44 AM
/burps feathers

MadJack
03-03-2006, 09:54 AM
/bow

:) Quite amusing :)

tr0tsky
03-03-2006, 10:18 AM
It ain't easy being green, as a famous frog once said, but you do it admirably Mr. Cube

/tiphat.

minthalas
03-03-2006, 12:57 PM
ummm i think cube ate a 1st grade teacher at some point .......

naughty words???
I swear if you show up wearing a flower pair of cover alls with +1 finger paints.... I will be forced to call out the raid party and dispatch you :D

Redweaver
03-03-2006, 02:46 PM
/burps feathers

Has anyone seen Owlbear lately?

Ziegler_Von_Strahn
03-03-2006, 02:50 PM
Has anyone seen Owlbear lately?

Check this thread (http://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6115)

ShinyNewObject
03-04-2006, 09:35 AM
mmmm...... Jello.
Tasts Like Green....
My Fav.

Xiasis
03-04-2006, 10:01 AM
I love the Cube and I cant deny it.....There is NO shame in it!

Keep up the good work.

Mykle
03-04-2006, 10:35 AM
Things that will get you banned from the forums (either temporarily or permanently):

- receiving an in-game ban
- personal attacks / harassment against another poster
- repeatedly swearing even after a warning
- deliberately circumventing the swear filter
- posting spam
- trolling (being a consistent and vehement force of negativity without offering anything constructive).
- and other offenses found in the Code of Conduct.

So what did vanesza (http://www.ddo.com/forums/member.php?u=8183) do that was so wrong? All I saw from this poster was a player desprately trying to get the problem fixed so that the game would play. Yet now I see that they are banned?

Whats up with that?

Dragonid
03-04-2006, 10:43 AM
Best... thread... ever!

Keep'em comin' Cubie. :D

Yeah, this is awesome.

Matrix
03-04-2006, 10:58 AM
So what did vanesza (http://www.ddo.com/forums/member.php?u=8183) do that was so wrong? All I saw from this poster was a player desprately trying to get the problem fixed so that the game would play. Yet now I see that they are banned?

Whats up with that?

I am sure that Vaneza was told why they(?) were banned :)

The_Mighty_Cube
03-04-2006, 12:21 PM

Whats up with that?

As a general rule I will not comment on the reasons for a ban. However, this is a good educational opportunity: Vanesza was banned in-game and therefore received the companion ban here.

Jasconius
03-04-2006, 12:25 PM
I stand in open defiance of the cube.

IS HE MIGHTY ENOUGH TO RAGE AGAINST THE FORCES OF ... WELL.... DWARVES?

ShinyNewObject
03-04-2006, 12:50 PM
I stand in open defiance of the cube.

IS HE MIGHTY ENOUGH TO RAGE AGAINST THE FORCES OF ... WELL.... DWARVES?

Like I said, Yum Jello.
Not a Dwarve, but can i eat Green Jello with you?

Jasconius
03-04-2006, 01:01 PM
I heard that eating Cube causes cancer

i just wanted to smash him

GeritolX
03-04-2006, 04:31 PM
I want to be absorbed by the cube.

Korriken
03-04-2006, 06:55 PM
Dear God of all that is jiggly and square,

I just got the game and made a few characters and love it so far, have any words of wisdom?

Mortify
03-05-2006, 02:21 AM
Mr. Jello thing, I have been in a number of MMORPG's and they have had chat filters... does this game use them? I admit I am a very expressive (naughty) person when I get empassioned about something. Instead of saying words can we say stuff like:

holy s**** or f'ing hell, etc ((the s - word being sugar and the f word being fudge))

is this against the rules to?

I have been in games where as long as the filter catches the bad word you don't get in trouble. How's that work?

Thanks for the replys, I just want to know what I can and cant say if I die 9 times in a row. lol

*bow*

Dreamingness
03-05-2006, 01:24 PM
I stand by what I said here. Learn what True Love is.

Fross
03-06-2006, 08:00 PM
the G-Cube is user 37!!!

omai!

Dear Cube,
did you absorb the previous users? i have yet to see one with a lower number. your Forum buddy, Fross!

Kriterian
03-06-2006, 08:37 PM
Great post, keep up the good work. I guarantee more people would read this type of Rules List than any other bland sticky.

I did have a question though:

Dear Sir Squishysplat,
If you were to touch another Cube, could you take the form of a Wondertwin?

Lichbane
03-07-2006, 02:52 PM
ROFLMAO! All praise the cube. :D

Now can we have our ball back. :o

Jupiterfist
03-08-2006, 01:22 PM
Interesting Avatar... hehe

Kinda squeshy, kinda soft, kinda green, kinda keen!

:)

Ridonic
03-09-2006, 02:55 AM
I eat jello like you for breakfast.

Lash_Lehorec
03-09-2006, 09:22 AM
I eat jello like you for breakfast.

Next time before you do, you should research what jello really is, it may surprise and/or disgust you. Email me if you want a link to a page that describes what it is if you have trouble researching it.

Kylstrem
03-09-2006, 09:53 AM
Next time before you do, you should research what jello really is, it may surprise and/or disgust you. Email me if you want a link to a page that describes what it is if you have trouble researching it.

I love random cow and horse parts in my dessert!

Delicious.

Ridonic
03-09-2006, 05:24 PM
I know what jello is made out of, and boy is it oh so ever GOOD!

Mercury
03-10-2006, 02:20 AM
the G-Cube is user 37!!!

omai!

Dear Cube,
did you absorb the previous users? i have yet to see one with a lower number. your Forum buddy, Fross!
1-37 are reserved for his henchmen if he has to break them out.

There's always room for cube
/bow

Index420
03-11-2006, 01:01 PM
*throws all his useless collectables at the Cube to eat*

NO ROOM!!

Xry
03-11-2006, 11:36 PM
Dear Cubie,
Why did god make noobs and gold farmers?

`Xry

Firemane
03-11-2006, 11:38 PM
Could you please stop munching on the servers on the weekendsd and get the devs going on some nice healthy updates?

Lexington
03-11-2006, 11:48 PM
Dear Cubey,

Will the Memory leak be fixed at all?, how can i get you guys tio push it to top priority?

Kolyana
03-11-2006, 11:49 PM
Dear Cubie,

Why don't your servers ever work for 1 week straight with no interruptiona and why do you have them crash Saturday night?

Ninjerr_Gnome
03-13-2006, 09:33 AM
Dear Cubie,

... blah, blah, blah ...

... blah, blah ...

... blah, blah, blah ...

I love the cube...

These people come to the forums, pop in and make an attack on someone else's legitimate and well thought out argument then simply finish of the post with some tripe or drivel in leetspeak.

Simply spelling words with numbers does not give meaning to an argument. It's not clever, it's not new and it isn't going to make it any less obvious that someone is being a jerk when they attack someone else's well thought out argument.

It is almost as if trolls have something to prove. The good news is that they have nothing to prove, Their value doesn't come from what they say or do.

The bad news is that if they feel they must earn approval through some method, they lack the power to do so.

There is simply no way that anyone can efectively prove that they even exist to me if I choose to believe that they are nothing more than lines upon a monitor, nor can I "prove" anything to them. Even if we were to meet in person I could turn to them and say you are little more than a hallucination.

(Read Descartes, he probably came closest to proving that other people exist beyond oneself, but there are some pretty big leaps one must take in his arguments. There comes a point when we just have to take it on faith, and risk being wrong. Maybe that's what love is, believing in someone when they either have no power ultimately to force or compel you to believe in them or refrain from using such a power. This seems like a topic for men much more intelligent than myself however, and I fear I am getting into much deeper waters than forum trolling...)

However, there is an inherent value in the ideas of every poster on this forum... even the 'trolls'. The problem is one rarely hears their opinions because they are trying so desperately to prove themselves tough (or leet or whatever :rolleyes: ) by demeaning someone elses opinions.

The fact that this will not be tolerated here is encouraging.
Thanks Cubey.

BZO
03-13-2006, 09:38 AM
Cube I think I love you.

I have a -8 Ring of Greater Kooter Resistance. Wait, anniversary was the other day, better make that a -9!

Firemane
03-13-2006, 10:17 AM
I have a -8 Ring of Greater Kooter Resistance. Wait, anniversary was the other day, better make that a -9!

Whats a Kooter?

Beerina
03-13-2006, 02:33 PM
Whats a Kooter?

Well, ya know that cute elf chick dancin' on the bar? Your first step has begun, grasshopper.

mortoduk
03-13-2006, 03:04 PM
Mr. Cube should go fight Block from the WoW forums to see who the true 4x4 forum moderator shall be.

MMO Celeb Deathmatch? ROFL I gotta see this! Go cube, go cube!

All kidding aside, very nice creative and informative post.

Keldor
03-14-2006, 12:06 AM
Whats a Kooter?
You know, he's that guy from the Duke's of Hazard. :rolleyes:

moxiepilot
03-14-2006, 12:51 PM

i believe it's 2d8

battlecat
03-15-2006, 06:17 AM
Oh Almighty Cube

If you were to consume a Magic 8 Ball, and you were shook, would you gain any type of future-revealing powers?

AbsynthMinded
03-15-2006, 06:20 AM
The 8Ball would be classified as an extrademensional space, thus puting it inside a corrosive creature could cause a rip in space time..

battlecat
03-15-2006, 07:33 AM
That's a hefty penalty for asking it if "I'm ever going to get a pony". I'll keep that in mind.

*hides 8Ball behind back*

Clown2
03-15-2006, 03:40 PM
!!! Cubie burped feathers on Chuck Norris and Chuck Norris DIED!!!

XERIS
03-15-2006, 05:28 PM
why isnt the cubes real name Pick Asso after all he is the real cubism.

2. leave chuck norris in WOW refer to my other post

3. where do we put the whipped cream on the cube? Just curious

XERIS

Ninjerr_Gnome
03-15-2006, 08:16 PM
why isnt the cubes real name Pick Asso after all he is the real cubism.

Heh drop the last vowel or say the name with an italian accent. Not only will you see why that name wouldn't work, you might get a chuckle at the mental image it conjures...

skrull
03-16-2006, 08:03 AM
I will bludgeon your green cubaseous arse to a nothingless pulp of jello pudding!!!

Fon_Win
03-17-2006, 12:27 AM
Dear Cubie,

My dice rolls really suck, sometimes i even roll 1's. Is there anything I can do to improve my dice?

Thx.

Your adoring fan,

Fon Win.

Fon_Win
03-17-2006, 07:39 AM
Mr. / Mrs. cubie,

I wrote you recently asking how I could improve my dice rolling, and you haven't responded. I realize that you must be very very busy, but I really need some help.

Please answer me.

You Fan,

Fon Win

Lorelie
03-17-2006, 08:02 AM
Dear Cubie,

I've taken it upon myself to establish the "Cubie Fan Club" for us groupies...er...FANS on the forum! Perhaps you can attend our first meeting and demonstrate your gelatinous power! The invite is in the mail.

Sincerely,
Lorelie
-C.F.C President-

Fon_Win
03-17-2006, 05:59 PM
Dear Cube Thing,

What the Hell! This is my Third letter. If I don't get a response I'll be forced to contact your surpervisor.

Fon Win

Grindylow
03-19-2006, 04:09 PM
Any ETA for fixing the inability to hotkey an off-hand weapon for dual wielding?

Thanks,
A ranger

Andrelle
03-19-2006, 06:53 PM
Dear Cubie,

I've taken it upon myself to establish the "Cubie Fan Club" for us groupies...er...FANS on the forum! Perhaps you can attend our first meeting and demonstrate your gelatinous power! The invite is in the mail.

Sincerely,
Lorelie
-C.F.C President-

Can I sign up? I love cubes! Especially ones from the green jello mold.
:D

Andrelle
-C.F.C applicant and fan of all things cube

Fross
03-20-2006, 10:46 AM
Dear Cube Thing,

What the Hell! This is my Third letter. If I don't get a response I'll be forced to contact your surpervisor.

Fon Win
ha ha the cube is the supervisor

Scimitar
03-20-2006, 11:15 AM
Any ETA for fixing the inability to hotkey an off-hand weapon for dual wielding?

Thanks,
A ranger

Did they say they were going to fix this. Personally I think it is by design. It takes a while to get two weapons out and readied.

EDIT: on 03-22-2006, 06:22 PM Sporkfire announced this was something that they are working on.

Clown2
03-20-2006, 12:52 PM
I was having a bad day cubie, so I made myself some lime jello and put a couple of rasins for eyes and whipped cream for a smile.... then I ate it!.... I FEEL SQUISHY!!! :D

Grindylow
03-20-2006, 02:16 PM
Thanks for responding, Scimitar. I was assuming it was broken. If it's that way by design, your logic doesn't really make sense as you can hotkey a shield to your offhand. Why would equipping a shield take less time than equipping an offhand weapon?

In any event, I'm looking for any official response. Yes, I searched. The best I could find was Flibberigibbet pointing someone to the online knowledge base which says, basically, "yup, it don't work."

If this isn't the appropriate place to post these questions, I'll desist, but I thought that was what the mailbag concept was for.

Scimitar
03-21-2006, 07:26 AM
Thanks for responding, Scimitar. I was assuming it was broken. If it's that way by design, your logic doesn't really make sense as you can hotkey a shield to your offhand. Why would equipping a shield take less time than equipping an offhand weapon?

In any event, I'm looking for any official response. Yes, I searched. The best I could find was Flibberigibbet pointing someone to the online knowledge base which says, basically, "yup, it don't work."

If this isn't the appropriate place to post these questions, I'll desist, but I thought that was what the mailbag concept was for.

By no means decist. Actually I had never thought of the sheild question. I was just trying to add my thoughts to the conversation and let you know I have not seen anywhere that the Devs had even said that they were working on a solution to this.

Maybe it is because the sheild is not really equipped off hand. The left hand is the correct hand for a shield. I do use a hot key, but when you equip a sheild an equipping delay does occur. So why not just do the same thing for an offhand weapon?

Maybe the real answer here is a macro keyboard ;-)

Grindylow
03-21-2006, 12:57 PM
Thanks for your thoughts, Scimitar. I appreciate you telling me you've seen no dev mention of the problem. That's all I'm trying to do is ascertain whether they even consider it a problem and it's on some list somewhere of known issues they intend to addresss. So far, zero luck finding any information on that. It's a concern to me as it makes playing the dual-wielding ranger a wicked pain.

Imagine this scenario - you sight the fearsome ogre down the hall and let fly with your arrows. A sure hit enrages the beast and he charges, brandishing a gnarled club and intent on your doom. Calmly, you drop your bow and draw your blades, ready to dispatch the beast as it closes. But wait! While your longsword hangs close to hand at your belt, the offhand dagger is buried beneath prayer beads, mushrooms and sundry other collectibles somewhere in the depths of your pack. Despite your pleas for patience, the ogre decides he'd rather not wait for you to find it and commences to stomping you into elf paste. Rotten, impatient beast!

I really can't imagine that's how it's supposed to go, but if it is, all they have to do is tell me.

I petition the gelatinous one to ooze forth and offer insight. Arise, slime thing! Arise and share your squishy wisdom!

Lorelie
03-22-2006, 08:31 AM
Can I sign up? I love cubes! Especially ones from the green jello mold.

Andrelle
-C.F.C applicant and fan of all things cube

Andrelle,

Application approved! Congratulations on your acceptance as a charter member of the C.F.C! Go forth in good gelatinousness!

Sincerely,
~Lorelie
C.F.C President

Dreamingness
03-29-2006, 12:58 PM
I guess I would have to be opposed to the cube.

Creating a community by censure of ideas, no matter the idea, tends to produce stagnancy and inflexibility. It is never the idea that is offensive, it is our reaction to it. To be deprived of the opportunity to learn to ignore cretins, morons, and trolls is encouraging us to let those skills atrophy. Worse, to be unable to perceive someone's idea through their inept expression of it (l33t sp33k, bad english, unclear presentation, etc.) not only denies us the idea itself, but it does not help us learn to be flexible in our perception of others.

I've nothing against the cube personally mind you. Just what it stands for. We free thinkers would otherwise like to be a part of the community of the game which we play...sadly (with the cube) that will only be possible at a reduced efficiency and greater distance.

Haruna
03-30-2006, 01:30 AM
/troll mode on
/thread ninja mode on

I kinda found out the hard way that the GMs in this game have a ban button and will use it without any regards to where you may be atm. first time offense, no warning at all, just the GM coming the middle of my group "you are bieng banned for 3 days for abuse of the GM ticket system", it was a legitimate concern of wasting 22k on a wep that I couldn't use becuase I didn't read the fine print. I suppose that's the price you pay when you write it with a bunch of f words in it and proposing that they fire the dev that came up with wep restrictions.

/troll mode off
/thread ninja mode off

Adric_the_Red
04-03-2006, 01:55 PM
use the "report post" button located in the lower left corner of the offending post.Um, the "report post" button is in the top right corner of posts, right next to the post#. You may want to turn you monitor back right side up, Cube. That will probably make it much easier to read your mail, amongst other things.

Or do you have some Cube-only forum skin that puts the button in the lower left corner?

Rheanna
04-03-2006, 04:33 PM
score one for the Cube! I see the icon in the bottom left.. it's the octahedron with the cross inside - all I see by the post number is the pound sign (that's # for you Brits <g>)

/edit
erm... ok that's weird.. when I made the post above I saw it in the bottom left... now I see it top-right.. I guess I changed something somehow..

how about 1/2 a point each?

/edit 2
ok.. figured it out.. if you 'Edit Options' in the UserCP, there's a option called 'User Info Display', which is can be 'left' or 'top'.. 'top' shows the report icon top-right, and 'left' shows it bottom-left, as I had and have again. PHEW! everything is right with the world.. time for a cookie

Adric_the_Red
04-03-2006, 04:40 PM
how about 1/2 a point each?Works for me. :)

Drax_Talon
04-04-2006, 12:01 PM
Ok. So maybe I shouldn't ask this, but I figured why not. What is the problem with posting on the forums about a problem with a specific online character. To quote an earlier post from the Cube:

"Lately there has been a rash of posts along the lines of "Avoid Player X" or "Player Y is horrible don't group with them."

These types of posts will NOT be tolerated on these forums. These are the ultimate examples of personal attacks and do nothing to further the sense of community we are trying to grow here."

Yet in this post, in your reply to Mr Worried, you say:

"...Don't fret! We know that sometime people have suggestions, comments, or issues that they would like to post about. That's why these forums are here! We want to hear your feedback so we can make constant work to improve DDO. Just be careful how you express your feelings. Saying "I'd really like to see X, Y, and Z, changed because of A, B, and C." is a great way to express your thoughts and concerns..."

If I have an "issue" because Mr. X just ripped me off and I don't want him to do the same thing to anyone else, or because he was a complete idiot during a mission, got everyone else killed but himself and then logged off, shouldn't I be allowed to warn other players about him? I realize there's a difference between saying "Hey, Mr. X is a ****!" and saying "Watch out for Mr. X, because I had a bad experience in which he did this.." What other options do we have to "express our thoughts and concerns" about another player who may ruin the gaming experience of others? Are we just to suck it up and allow that to happen? Or is there something I missed in the EULA that prohibits a player just from playing the role of a jerk that could have him banned for being one? Will you warn or ban a character that does those things?

After all, I suppose that if I wanted to, I could just make a character and be a real arse, then just claim that I was "roleplaying" a stupid fighter. Or when you ask me to hold something for you cause your bag is full, and then I log off with it and never to give it back to you again, I guess I can say I was roleplaying a sneaky thief...To me that just doesn't seem right.

Que
04-12-2006, 09:23 PM
I love the game and have been a long time D&D player sence the basic and expert box sets and u all have done a great job on the game.

But i have one thought on an improvement.

every one gets to know the dungens so well that there is no party couperation, so maybe, just a thought here, u could make the dungens 100% random. u could still have the estimated time on short medium and long but make the map random with random mob placements, chests, traps and so forth.

this way the party will have to rely on eachuther rather than the one or two fighters runing off killing and leaveing the party behind untell they need a rogue to remove a trap or what not.

thanks for the kicken game though.

Shelby Treebeater
lvl 5 hafling Barb.

Cliodhna
05-01-2006, 04:58 PM
What other options do we have to "express our thoughts and concerns" about another player who may ruin the gaming experience of others? Are we just to suck it up and allow that to happen?...
After all, I suppose that if I wanted to, I could just make a character and be a real arse, then just claim that I was "roleplaying" a stupid fighter. Or when you ask me to hold something for you cause your bag is full, and then I log off with it and never to give it back to you again, I guess I can say I was roleplaying a sneaky thief...To me that just doesn't seem right.

Think of it as real life in the day without computers, forums, internet, etc.
News spread through other people. If you are in a guild, let the guild know of your experience and be cautious of other players. Get to know what kind of player/person they are. Eventually this person will run out of good people to quest with. Think of it this way as well, if you were having a really bad run and it seemed the gods were spiting you and you just couldnt seem to get a break, everything you were doing wasnt good enough, would you want someone to post how bad of a player you were? When really you arent a bad player, you just ran into some bad luck and the person didnt really know you?

happichick
05-03-2006, 03:07 AM
/crazy forturn-telling hag mode on
DONT EAT THE CUBE!!!! IT WILL EAT YOU FROM THE INSIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:
/crazy forturn-telling hag mode off

btw i liked your post almighy cube!

BUT TAKE PITY ON MR TROLL, FOR HE IS NOT EVIL, BUT JUST MISUNDERSTOOD!!!!!

-happichick,:D

Dritzz
05-03-2006, 02:46 PM
I do not post often and prefer to post only when I think I have something to offer.

I sense a growing mass exit approaching. I feel the frustration of the players that are leaving.

IF the Level cap is going to be increased shouldn't we restrict some of the equipment to +2 for Levels 1 - 10, +4 for levels 11 - 20. Adjust the monsters to these restrictions. Instead of making + 5 stuff for Levels 1-10 and then creating Monsters where you have to have +5 stuff on everyone. The game seems to be more about the loot than the actual adventures in obtaining the.

I like the multi quest such as Water Works, Shan To Kor, Tangleroot, Cult of the Six. Threnal East part three seems to be too hard. VoN part 3 seems to be to long. The Dragon is too tough and restricted to hardcore gamers leaving Casual players unable to obtain.

Quest IMHO should be max 2 hours for the appropriate group of adventures. A Level 4 group should be able to go through a level 4 Quest in 2 hours. You can Make Multi quest say for VoN 1-6 each 1 hours providing chest and XP appropriate to the adventure providing a 6 span for those that play for that length of time but also allowing the casual player to play parts and then keep going at a later time.

1. I think IMHO the balance of the game is off a bit. Levels 1 - 3 are pretty close and getting into the Marketplace is probably set just right. It would seem to me that a sequence of quest should be set up that would provide enough experience to get from Level 1 - 10. For example you should only need to complete 70% of the content in the harbor to get to Level 3. +1 weapons and items. These items would not have Flaming, Frost, Thunder or resist Fire etc.

2. Levels 3 - 5 are a bit tough to XP through using unique quest to do it. Having to run Shan To Kor 3 times for to Level seems extreme. Having say 6 quest that provide similar end quest items and XP would be better than having to run the same quest over and over. +1 with Flame, Frost ect with +2 normal items available.

3. Levels 6-8 have similar problems as Level 3 - 5. + 2 with enchantements

4. Levels 9 - 10 have +3 items. Similar content issues and experience.

Structured content would seem to be a way to progress in levels. First you get through the harbor and into the Marketplace. Catacombs, Shan to Kor point you to House D and those quest get you from LVL 3 - 5.

From House D you progress to House P which get you through LVL 7.

From House P you progress to house J which gets you to LVL 9.

From House J you go to House K and you max out.

Now you still have special raid quest such as VoN and Tempest Spine and maybe a few more.

Maybe I have missed this in the game and its already laid out for me.

Monsters difficulty should be on par with the above equipment restrictions and character levels.

It might be beneficial to allow characters to run a quest to modify their characters that took a feat that isn't useful to them and or change their character from one class to another.

This is more than 2 cents and maybe a dollars worth. I hope is to provide positive feedback that can be used to make this game worth staying for or coming back to.

Quest
05-03-2006, 03:37 PM
Dear Random Enconter ( G. Cube )

I was just wondering if you might know what Turbine is planning to release about DDO in the e3 convention coming in late May

I know they always save the best stuff for that ?

Sincerly Sneak Peek?

Pheanre
05-07-2006, 02:07 AM
I am wondering what exactly are the limits on swearing using not text but voice chat.

Is it against the rules? Can you get in trouble for it? If so how is it enforced?

It seem to be imho more dangerous than text for our younger players who may not be able to know what <insert bad word here> or how to pronounce it but if they hear it they can then inmate it.

It is also much easier to slip up and cuss after something bad happen when you have voice chat on.

Can jello cubes gobble up words?

jefferylgreen
05-08-2006, 03:00 PM
If the kid is too young to handel the spoken laguage then the parent should be there to take over and either warn thoes the child is playing with or take the child off the voice chat.

Just my 2pp worth.

xXshaneharXx
05-11-2006, 10:05 AM
:mad: SILENCE CUBE, you know nothing!

*runs in terror while pulling muckbane from his robe*

Ratslaugh
05-14-2006, 11:46 AM
I count myself as a loyal Cube Cultist.

Laffiel
05-16-2006, 06:07 AM
BTW?
How about actually introducing a gelatanious cube to ddo?
oh sorry, busy making a drow character build. My bad.

Rakula
05-17-2006, 09:40 PM
If a program could be written to allow a theif to fire an arrow or bolt with a cable attached and trolly down or across to an adjacent wall or building...that would be cool :)

Paxus
05-29-2006, 09:33 PM
BTW?
How about actually introducing a gelatanious cube to ddo?
oh sorry, busy making a drow character build. My bad.

Pretty sure I've seen one in one of the early harbour quests...

Laffiel
05-29-2006, 10:07 PM
hmmm.
not unless they just added it.
I have seen grey oozes, mucks, Violet slimes, black puddings. I can't remember what the slime was called in the newbie quest "Search for the scrolls", but it wasn't a cube.

Zengar
05-31-2006, 08:37 PM
The search for the scoll quest has a "progenitor violet ooze" in it. Looks like a large violet ooze, but has weaker stats.

Tiamack
06-15-2006, 01:32 PM
Hey Cube,

Since you seem to be the only one to answer questions, I'll ask mine. I'm pretty new to the forums, so maybe I'm again posting in the wrong spot, but please bare w/ me. I recently posted a concern in what I thought was a reasonable manner about the Thur. June 1st. downtime forum and got so blasted I thought I'd never get my face back:) What's up w/ the "scheduled" downtime being only posted the day of or day before the downtime occurs? If it's scheduled, then shouldn't there be more of a notice? I understand that there are emergency cases, but I'd like to know how this can better serve us w/ better foreknowledge of times. Is this an unreasonable request? I am a paying customer, and in the long run it really doesn't matter cause I do get my playing time, but I'm very customer oriented and would like to see a little more consideration about "scheduled" downtime being posted a whole lot earlier.

Also, if you have the time please go over that forum and see if there's anything you can do about people blasting people for voicing their opinions. I may be asking allot, but I feel I should ask and be able to receive an answer if you want to keep getting my money. I've posted some personal e-mails to the people I think work for Turbine and received no replies so far, so I leave it in your hands.

Please just explain the procedure or if this is even a real concern that Turbine cares to handle.

Thanks,

Tiamack

Que
06-19-2006, 03:49 PM
i may be in the wrong spot for this if so i appologise. but i would like to thank the dev team for removing the chest from south now that my charicters are finally ready to finish it and cant get a group for south now.

Shrub Bushwacker
lvl 8 fighter

OptimusPrimal
06-23-2006, 05:28 PM
My EYES!! The goggles they do nothing!

Tiamack
06-26-2006, 10:05 AM
Dear Cube,

If you're going to post something please don't lie about it! In earlier posts you said that these forums were checked DAILY by Turbine. Well, I've waited nearly Two Weeks to even reply again to my original message. Thought the Cube was different, but I guess not, customer satisfaction does not even seem to be in attendance at all with Turbine. So just take are money and bend us over until we decide to not pay anymore!!!

Very Frustrated and Annoyed,

Tiamack

Arthineous
06-26-2006, 10:28 AM
dear cube,

why a cube? why not a sphere? or a pyramid? why must you conform to the steriotypical views of geliton everywhere!

your curious friend,
that guy

Arthineous
06-26-2006, 10:30 AM

I think its, make a fortitude save of DC 50 or die, if saved recieve 20d20 magical + 1d5 acid damage (lol)

Hahr_Jinn
06-26-2006, 11:11 AM
My EYES!! The goggles they do nothing!

heh. real acid?

norman_quickfinger
06-29-2006, 09:58 PM
What is being done about a scammer that pops up with a message of: Sorry for this message. If you want free pp go to DDO-PP.COM? He creates a character called SELLPPQ and deletes him when done.

Vuedoo
07-12-2006, 08:10 AM
/em announces "The Cube has Left the Building!"

LordZio
07-12-2006, 09:15 AM
Dear Cubie,
I was once in a dark cave and found a Gelatinous Cube there and defeated it. Now here is where my question comes into play.. there was lots of treasure inside that cube... What is the treasure inside of you?
:cool:

Urguloth
07-12-2006, 10:34 AM
Dear Cubie,

What would the chances be that the devs could make something along the line of a Gelatinous Cube that would "visit" some of the major offenders of the rules? I would think that it would be something that would shock and awe some into thinking twice instead of going against the rules that are there to be followed.

Just a thought.

P.S.: The CuBunny is a big fan, by the way :D.

Ashkana
07-12-2006, 08:26 PM
Dear Cubie;

I'm just curious, but what class of characters do all you people at Turbine play? I know Samera has a sorc, but what do you play? Or Spork, or Keeper, I want to know what character you all play during off times :)

Pheanre
07-13-2006, 03:13 PM
When Cubie finds the time to stop eating bunnies, which is almost never, and plays DDO he plays the only gelatonious cube in the game which so far no one or no thing has beaten. It is for all puposes unstoppable. Your only hope is to create good posts and place them between you and your bunny because he cant eat them and cant stand them at all.:D

Evilton
07-13-2006, 03:25 PM
Evilton HARTS Cubie

Wildraven
07-14-2006, 04:47 PM
Dear Almighty & wonderous cube.

Some people think you are square. I say thay they are just jealous of your ooze. I happen to think that you are a well rounded individual.

I have another question for you that has been perplexing me as of late. Come to think of it I have lost many a nights sleep wondering about it. Anywho...here it is.

Now I know that Jello in a micowave turns to liquid....this may also affect the nutrition of the before mentioned substance. Does this affect your figure as well? If so how is it that you might reform into the wonderous object that you now represent. Also are you really indeed edible. Do you maintain your shape through the whole digestive process. If so this could cause some problems on the way out. Any number of insight to your shape consistancy would be nice.

Thanks

BTW beware the Assassin Pigeon...his flyovers may change the color of your skin.

Cupcake
07-25-2006, 04:23 PM
<<hands you a cupcake

Wildraven
08-04-2006, 01:24 PM
Have you ever had to squish your own thread? Are the squishy pants uncomfortable? When you were a baby how many huggies did your parents go through? Where you always squishy? Have you ever had any "dry" days?
Just a few questions that inquiring minds want to know.

cheers!

MysticTheurge
08-07-2006, 02:06 PM
Dear Cubie,

It is with deepest pride and greatest pleasure (to quote a certain candelabra) that I've been able to provide an esteemed ooze such as yourself with some modicum of amusement and enjoyment.

Please continue to be the best Weapon of Mass Digestions that you can be.

dprophet
08-07-2006, 02:22 PM
The cube is getting fat!!!. Soon we will be eating him like the Jello he really is.

:)

Cupcake
08-07-2006, 02:41 PM
Got any coolwhip? :D

gorloch
08-08-2006, 09:36 AM
Cubie plays muck in durks secret and i want my muck bane :D

Cupcake
08-08-2006, 04:53 PM
I'm sorry, but I have a monopoly on the muckbane market :D I will trade ya a vorpal cupcake for a +1 frost longsword tho :D

lazareth72
08-18-2006, 08:13 AM
I am posting this everywhere so somebody may listen

Come on Turbine, This is getting a little boring for your Australian players. You always seem to do the patches during our main game time. I mean really come on, this latest patch came on at 9pm eastern standard time on our Friday night (umm gee main game time for us), I am sure people could put up with the glitches untill a lower game time in our region. I have noticed over the last month or so we have been about 1 in 4 nights where we have missed out in our game time. Sorry guys not good enough!!!! You may reply with "but the Australian market is not big enough" but gee I wonder why, it really is a downer when you are all set up to play, then you see " the server is going down in 2 hours ", only us people that really like the game will stay. You know in all the patches the last month I have lost about a week in real time playing, there has to be a better way. I tell you I would be tempted to ask for a rebate on my game time for my subscription, but like that would ever happen.

I will make one last point, upgrades have problems, really we will deal with it, it is not the end of the world as we know it, lfe will go on. But really Turbine, how about giving us Aussies (And alot of others who play in our game time) a fair go.

Kadagan
08-18-2006, 10:27 AM
Here Laz.. I'll help you with the format.

Dear Cubie,

I am posting this everywhere so somebody may listen

Come on Turbine, This is getting a little boring for your Australian players. You always seem to do the patches during our main game time. I mean really come on, this latest patch came on at 9pm eastern standard time on our Friday night (umm gee main game time for us), I am sure people could put up with the glitches untill a lower game time in our region. I have noticed over the last month or so we have been about 1 in 4 nights where we have missed out in our game time. Sorry guys not good enough!!!! You may reply with "but the Australian market is not big enough" but gee I wonder why, it really is a downer when you are all set up to play, then you see " the server is going down in 2 hours ", only us people that really like the game will stay. You know in all the patches the last month I have lost about a week in real time playing, there has to be a better way. I tell you I would be tempted to ask for a rebate on my game time for my subscription, but like that would ever happen.

I will make one last point, upgrades have problems, really we will deal with it, it is not the end of the world as we know it, lfe will go on. But really Turbine, how about giving us Aussies (And alot of others who play in our game time) a fair go.

Sincerely,
Disgruntled

DaBing
08-20-2006, 08:18 PM
Dear cube, is it normal for forum customer service people to ignore private messages?

TechNoFear
09-01-2006, 11:13 PM
Stop picking on Turbines CS.

Look at this ringing endorsement.

The servers have been remarkably stable. There was one reset last night, but other than that I have not had any crashes. There is lag whenever I am in a crowded area, but I've seen worse in games that are post-launch, and truly believe it can be alleviated with further optimization.

I have to give the Turbine two thumbs up on their efforts so far. The game is shaping up very well. The communication between players and employees is excellent and I think they are doing a wonderful job making the playing experience a positive and fun time for everyone.

Opps........

Thats from another Turbine game....

Felbladex
09-03-2006, 02:54 AM
i accidentally used the c word in a post but what if you say the f word and say f and put asterisks after it or instead of saying anything you just put symbols like in cartoons is that considered circumventing the swear system?

odom01
09-04-2006, 01:59 PM
hey there jelly boy, got question for you.I've heard that devs was working on warforge and there fighter enhancement restrictions, but have not seen any post on the issue.I'm truly concerned on this racial issue.

Dard The Justicar 10 lvl fighter Argonnessen

P.S To be more specific armor mastery feat not available. Alot of people on warforge side makes too much sense a human is use to their skin why can't a warforge be? punish warforge for being special they already take armor penalty for armor but can't improve it because they dont wear armor comm'on

Deadsayer
09-05-2006, 10:43 PM
I love the game and have been a long time D&D player sence the basic and expert box sets and u all have done a great job on the game.

But i have one thought on an improvement.

every one gets to know the dungens so well that there is no party couperation, so maybe, just a thought here, u could make the dungens 100% random. u could still have the estimated time on short medium and long but make the map random with random mob placements, chests, traps and so forth.

this way the party will have to rely on eachuther rather than the one or two fighters runing off killing and leaveing the party behind untell they need a rogue to remove a trap or what not.

thanks for the kicken game though.

Shelby Treebeater
lvl 5 hafling Barb. That's actually a really good idea. I thought of it myself a while ago. It would completely get rid of all the "Ok there's a trap here so let the rogue disable it" and stuff like that. There would be a lot more team work and rogues would actually be able to play their part and take point to find and remove the traps and scout ahead rather than just being the trap/lock monkey in party. That way he could also assassinate any sleeping mobs he comes across to save the party a lot of trouble and SP as well.

Stinky
09-18-2006, 08:13 AM
Dear Cubie,

"I hate this game, it's stinky." is going to become Cube Food.

ouch!

Kaz_The_DM
09-18-2006, 05:55 PM
Dear Cubie,

Why haven't you responded to everyone's post ... we want to see your squishyness.

Member of the G Cube Fan Club

wulfchyld
10-20-2006, 10:59 AM
Dear cubie,

Can you please slowly digest the mail man? That nasty sucker leaves all the collectables in my mail but steals my...

Wounding Rapier
Silver Longbow
Acid bow
Acid Sword
+2 wisdom necklace

and a whole slew of other things that is realy ticking me off

wulfchyld
11-03-2006, 06:28 PM
Just stopped by to dust that ^ one.

Browngore
12-04-2006, 01:07 AM
That's actually a really good idea. I thought of it myself a while ago. It would completely get rid of all the "Ok there's a trap here so let the rogue disable it" and stuff like that. There would be a lot more team work and rogues would actually be able to play their part and take point to find and remove the traps and scout ahead rather than just being the trap/lock monkey in party. That way he could also assassinate any sleeping mobs he comes across to save the party a lot of trouble and SP as well.

I would have to say the samething. There seems to be alot of Going to run ??Quest 30 min tops lets skip the ops and just go thru it...... And before the last party member enters the quest the fighter is at the end waiting and as soon as you enter bang quest done. then you hear recall out and lets do it again. Make it so when you enter you have no clue what is going to happen and where. This way they can be played like the old days where you had no choce but to go thru together.

Que
12-05-2006, 02:38 PM
i just came back from the game store were i look to see what games are on the release list and how muthch they are and what do i see but a ddo expansion listed for $29.99 us.

now i dont mind paying for expancions as long as there is content worth the money and useally there around $15.00 is there any word on what this expansion will contain for the price we will be paying?

Shrub Bushwaker lvl 11 fighter
Haflings make the best fighters!!!

Lathspell
12-05-2006, 03:32 PM
I am kind of curious as to which expansions you have been buying and for which games at $15 a piece. Most expansions I have ever seen for MMO's run about $30 to $40, though sometimes you can get them at 25 or so. So I was just wondering about that.

Vincenz
12-05-2006, 04:21 PM
There is no Forsaken Lands paid expansion.

Saiasanc
12-06-2006, 08:01 AM
i just came back from the game store were i look to see what games are on the release list and how muthch they are and what do i see but a ddo expansion listed for $29.99 us.

now i dont mind paying for expancions as long as there is content worth the money and useally there around $15.00 is there any word on what this expansion will contain for the price we will be paying?

Shrub Bushwaker lvl 11 fighter
Haflings make the best fighters!!!

I would be interested to know what the name of this expansion was. And the name of the game store that is advertising it. To my knowledge no paid expansion has been announced by Turbine as of yet. If this game store has an inside track, I would love to start doing business with them. LOL

--Saiasanc

Cupcake
12-06-2006, 10:46 AM
Dear Mr. Cube,

Please leave us at least one Bunny for Christmas dinner. :D

cdbd3rd
12-06-2006, 10:55 AM
Dear Mr. Cube,

...for we all know that bunnies are cute, cuddly... and delicious. ;)

Harncw
12-06-2006, 06:35 PM
the G-Cube is user 37!!!

omai!

Dear Cube,

http://www.ddo.com/forums/member.php?u=1

SpaXe
12-06-2006, 10:54 PM
Dear Cube,

May I have a bite of you? :P

Vincenz
12-07-2006, 08:11 AM
I would be interested to know what the name of this expansion was. And the name of the game store that is advertising it. To my knowledge no paid expansion has been announced by Turbine as of yet. If this game store has an inside track, I would love to start doing business with them. LOL

--Saiasanc

It's been addressed by the devs, apparently they shopped around the IDEA of a paid expansion a little...at which point several sites priced and posted one.

As of now, it's still in the VERY early planning stages...not named...and certainly not available for pre-order.

Urguloth
12-07-2006, 07:19 PM
...for we all know that bunnies are cute, cuddly... and delicious. ;)

:eek:

How would you want to eat the Cube's biggest fan/emulate? Besides, if you tried to eat the CuBunny, it might eat you back! :D

Saiasanc
12-08-2006, 03:55 PM
It's been addressed by the devs, apparently they shopped around the IDEA of a paid expansion a little...at which point several sites priced and posted one.

As of now, it's still in the VERY early planning stages...not named...and certainly not available for pre-order.
Ahhhh, okay. Thanks for clearing that up. *hands you a mug of ale*

--Saiasanc

paldera
12-11-2006, 01:06 PM

:D I had to man.....I couldn't resist....I havent read any further to see the damage..But I'am guessing it was 4d20 charisma,dex, and personality damage x4 criticle hit.....SO there it is...:D

Que
12-11-2006, 04:29 PM

ok the name of the expancion is ddo :forsaken and yes i can preorder from this store at this time if it dont release or gets pushed back for what ever reason i have no controll over.

shrub bushwaker lvl 12 fighter
haflings make the best fighters

Impaqt
12-11-2006, 05:24 PM
ok the name of the expancion is ddo :forsaken and yes i can preorder from this store at this time if it dont release or gets pushed back for what ever reason i have no controll over.

shrub bushwaker lvl 12 fighter
haflings make the best fighters

No, Its not. GO ahead and order it if you like.. Your just giving XXX Company your $30.

FOrsaken Lands was the Development name for Demon Sands..... MOD3..... This has ben discussed MANY MANY times. Please do a forum search..... ANd then cancel your ficticious Pre-Order.

Kadagan
12-12-2006, 07:44 AM
.... The Cube is dead.

Thats right. The reason he hasn't responded to any of your questions is because he has passed on. :(

He consumed a bad cupcake and is now leaving his slimy trails in cubie heaven.

Cordrone
12-12-2006, 09:29 AM
Dear Mr. Cube,

I'd rather have Turkey and Cupcakes for dinner because I like bunnies. They are so fuzzy and awesome!
- Pertinax (Worlds Biggest Softy/12th Level Fighter)

"Dragons? Kill! Beholders? Charge! Fleshrenders? Attack!!! Bunnies? Awe... He's so cute."

Cupcake
12-12-2006, 11:25 AM
.... The Cube is dead.

Thats right. The reason he hasn't responded to any of your questions is because he has passed on. :(

He consumed a bad cupcake and is now leaving his slimy trails in cubie heaven.

LOL. I do NOT make bad cupcakes LOL.

Cupcake
12-21-2006, 01:01 PM
Happy Holidays to all!!

Today is my Friday so I will not be on the forums for the next 4 days.

Be good and remember, cupcakes make ya smile!!

Kaz_The_DM
12-21-2006, 01:03 PM
Happy Holidays to all!!

Today is my Friday so I will not be on the forums for the next 4 days.

Be good and remember, cupcakes make ya smile!!

Today is mine as well ... but I am sneaky and will be on for 5 days!

*hands cupcake a ginger bread man* :D

Cupcake
12-21-2006, 02:29 PM
Today is mine as well ... but I am sneaky and will be on for 5 days!

*hands cupcake a ginger bread man* :D

Aww thank you! Hands you a holiday cupcake with all the trimmings. :D

Kargon
12-21-2006, 06:02 PM
Dear Cube,

Does cube know where all the tasty ham went? Ever since tasty ham got totamally removed from all tavern in game Kargon been very very sad barbarian. How kargon supposamed get excitamed about new contament, or log on forums to help newbie answer silly questimions, if Kargon can't enjoy a good stack of 100 tasty hams aftermawards for a job well done? Kargon wondering if Cube dissomalved all the order forms for tasty ham by accimadent in effort to reach a bad post. If so, Cube better own up to it now, or cube better watch cube back... or side... or... whatevamer, cube better watch self for unexpectamed Coal projectami... projomect... Cube better watch out for flying pieces of Coal!

Threatamanamingamally yours,

-Kargon

Brutous
01-16-2007, 12:59 PM
I was wondering, is there or will there be plans, talks, UN type resolutions, or mental telepathy conversations for crafting items in DDO? I would like to make my own armor with spikes instead of going through 50 full plates to find one.

Thank you
You lowly servant of Argoness Server

Justian
01-16-2007, 02:52 PM
Is there really a Santa Clause? IF so is there really an escape clause as well?

ceresetes
03-03-2007, 06:37 PM
Hey I need some help getting out the Word and I understand you are the man, or one of them for that matter. Well I am holding a tournament on the aeranal server. Guild on Guild Five on five. I need you to help me get the word out that all comers are welcome. They can get ahold of ceresetes or any of clan Doombringers members and those members will direct them to me. It will be held on April 7 at 8:00pm est. All comers are welcome as said and it will be on a large scale where there will be multiple level catagories. The teams competing will have these level brackets to choose from. Levels 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12 & 13-14 if the mod comes out by then. Rules are simple each team has a team leader that person gets ahold of me with their roster and will allow 3 subs just incase of conflict in real world life. From there we will determine a date for rolling where they are seeded. All the teams will be seeded based on a d20 roll, and will be present when the rolling begins so that they know there is no rigging of the system. There is a limit on how many teams can participate for each level catagory and that is one. Each guild will be allowed one team per catagory. So that way we can even the odds when it comes to How many each guild has some guilds have fewer members than others. There might be a need for a later date depending on how many teams we have for each level bracket we do have. So that timeline is subject to change. Again thanks for the help and have a good day.

PS it is posted on the episode 5 of ddocast so check it out thank you very much.

Ceresetes Feldweather
Clan Doombringer

Theragorn
03-21-2007, 11:29 AM
Is there a way to check how many infraction points you have against your account?

azzeroth
03-26-2007, 09:36 PM
AHHHH man that is sad he ate teh owlbear
n n
(OO)
( V )
(vvvv)J

Altarboy
04-09-2007, 11:01 AM
I guess I would have to be opposed to the cube.

Creating a community by censure of ideas, no matter the idea, tends to produce stagnancy and inflexibility. It is never the idea that is offensive, it is our reaction to it. To be deprived of the opportunity to learn to ignore cretins, morons, and trolls is encouraging us to let those skills atrophy. Worse, to be unable to perceive someone's idea through their inept expression of it (l33t sp33k, bad english, unclear presentation, etc.) not only denies us the idea itself, but it does not help us learn to be flexible in our perception of others.

I've nothing against the cube personally mind you. Just what it stands for. We free thinkers would otherwise like to be a part of the community of the game which we play...sadly (with the cube) that will only be possible at a reduced efficiency and greater distance.

Wow!!...Best post I've ever read on these boards.

Not to mention that over time I'm sure a good deal of players will be banned for one thing or another. Why the totalitarianism?... How about filters?...cube?

gothikraven
04-12-2007, 08:41 AM
So, about the cussing n whatnot... I'm not gonna mention this person's name, cuz if they even read the forums, they'll know exactly what I'm talking about, and I just want some friendly advice about what to do in-game if it happens again.

I was in a group a couple days ago doing the "Against the Demon Queen" Quest with a pick-up group... 2 of our members went zerging on ahead before the rest of the group got there (rest of the group being me and 3 people who had never done the quest, therefore needed help) and had the quest half-done by the time I got done helping the new people get there...

That's already bad enough that the people didn't know the quest and us who did (zergers included) should probably be trying to educate the other players, which would be far more helpful than just saying nothing and doing most of the quest... Anyways...

We're at the first Queen battle and one of our zerger friends starts SCREAMING at the newer players over voice chat, cursing people out because they aren't doing things his way. Hello, these people haven't done it and you are ruining their gameplay experience.

Just an example of some of the **** that was said (edited of course): "Go the ____ ahead and get 25k of _______ xp debt you stupid _______, just don't _______ expect me to _______ rez you. I'm here to help you get through it moron, not _______ educate you..."

Yeah, real nice right? So, what were we supposed to recall out, break group, and start over? Cuz we can't kick someone already in quest... I don't think this kind of behavior should be tolerated. I can give the Uber Cube the name if he wants, I just don't want to publicly humiliate the guy, I ain't like that.

Salvation
05-20-2007, 11:47 AM
[QUOTE=Gelatinous Cube;56714]Dear Cubie,

"I h8 u! Y did u banzzor me. U r teh suck!"

query
05-22-2007, 06:26 PM
While I would love to see your presence more than the reported second coming of the doiminant religion's messiah on the "real world," I would not like to have it personally accompany infraction points. Yet, this seems the only way you would show up to eat the Kommunity Kobold. Is there a way for you to ingest the Kolbold like you did the Owlbear without me having to cause infraction points? Have you considered making this one of your company's Premium services, as I am sure many of us would pay to see this?

YARK YARK....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH,

A Query for You

tost
05-31-2007, 01:57 PM
Hey Cereal Box... I mean cube! I got three rhetorical questions.... they may be answered if you wish.

when are we going to see some changes more towards real D&D and less grinding, it was nice that one of the parts of Prisonser of the Planes was answering questions.... and the getting the key with multiple outcomes. But it seems a majority of the quests are fighting grinders. Fight kill fight kill fight kill.......... How about a little more chat and diplomacy, some in quest haggling for a product or goods, intimidate a little more... how about some MOBs that run from you cause of their fear of your uber presence or do not attack upon sight but wait for your aggression, and believe with many of the nudges on my server the aggression will come.

second question... why is it I can be hiding and MOBs do not see me, have their back turned to me even, but if I put a Cloud Kill out and suddenly everyone knows who and where I am.... thats ridiculous. (most spells that do not have tracking back to the perputrator are like this unfortunately). I am a MOB standing here facing the opposite direciton of my aggresor and suddenly a CK was thrown (a colorless and tasteless cloud as D&D describes it proper) and BAM!!! I know exactly where the perputrator is who threw the spell.
When will that part of the ridiculous AI be corrected.

Finally.... umm endless Spell Points for MOB casters, why???????

any feedback may be helpful to stop confusing my fragile little mind!

Cupcake
05-31-2007, 06:10 PM
Have you hugged your Cube today?

mocat
07-09-2007, 03:34 PM
The Cube has been quiet lately..... :confused:

He could be off dividing somewhere! :eek:

/goes off Cube hunting.......

/comes back.....

/buys book; "Cube Hunting For Dummies"...... :o

/goes off hunting again...... :D

query
07-09-2007, 04:03 PM
Killed a lot of Gelatinous things....

You don't think....?

OH NO?!

CUBIE, SPEAK TO US!!!

DON'T BE DEAD!

Vuedoo
07-24-2007, 11:27 AM
Regarding the server merge, I Play on Lhazar server while my son has used all of the character slot on the server he plays on which is ghallanda , with the upcoming merge of lahzar merging with ghallanda who's characters will be lost. or should I say which one of us will be completely disappointed. I will have to tell him he has to change servers so I can have all my character slots since I am the more dedicated one of the two. in this case will It cost me to transfer his characters to another server??? or how is this gonna work?

Sincerely,

Borrigain
07-24-2007, 12:04 PM
Regarding the server merge, I Play on Lhazar server while my son has used all of the character slot on the server he plays on which is ghallanda , with the upcoming merge of lahzar merging with ghallanda who's characters will be lost. or should I say which one of us will be completely disappointed. I will have to tell him he has to change servers so I can have all my character slots since I am the more dedicated one of the two. in this case will It cost me to transfer his characters to another server??? or how is this gonna work?

Sincerely,

No one will "lose" any characters. They will merge all into one big messy mass. (Meaning: you could have up to 21, if you had unlocked everything all all 3 servers....or more if you where one of those super 1750 types that got 8 or more before the fix). However, the caveat is that you will not be able to make another character (half-orc, monk, etc) until you come down below 7.

So, for your example, if you both have unlocked the 1750 favor 7th slot, you will log in on the 6th and have 14 characters on Ghallanda.

Hope that helps and welcome to PUG friendly Ghallanda,
Borr.

Oh, the FAQ by Quarion is below.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=114404

I was gonna give you the one for your question, but the link is slow to open so I just gave you the whole FAQ list.

Vuedoo
07-26-2007, 06:23 AM
The thing that really bites is my son is established in a guild on gallanda and if either of us want to make the new race or class toon in the future , I will have to ask him to move to a new server and leave all his guildmates:(. I cannot see a way to avoid this from happening

Cupcake
07-26-2007, 11:45 AM
Dear Mr. Cube,

Where are you?!?!?!?!?!?!

Avonwey
07-26-2007, 11:56 AM
Dear Cubie,

How's the weather in the Shire these days?

SpanishBlueEyes
09-29-2007, 01:47 AM
Hey i just saw a few of ya today? How you like the new home?

Mad_Bombardier
09-29-2007, 09:19 AM
Hey i just saw a few of ya today? How you like the new home?I kinda hope he wasn't too happy there, cuz I evicted his cubey bum! :D

sjwalker1973
03-02-2008, 11:55 PM
Bow before the Cube. The Cube is a God. Worship the Cube. Don't anger the Cube. For you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Cupcake
04-09-2008, 12:57 PM
*Pokes Mr. Cube.

Ouch!!!!!

Eldun
04-11-2008, 06:57 AM
Dear Gelantinous Cube,

A "friend" of mine was placed on forum moderation. Are there definitive time spans that gauge how long this lasts? The dev replay said that establishing productive posts helps .... is there a set number of kind posts it'll take?

Thanks

Aarwin
12-04-2008, 05:50 AM
Dear Gelantinous Cube,

A "friend" of mine was placed on forum moderation. Are there definitive time spans that gauge how long this lasts? The dev replay said that establishing productive posts helps .... is there a set number of kind posts it'll take?

Thanks

For you Eldun it will take 100 Kind posts and a WOP rapier to your "Friend" ME :D:D:D:D:D

lolwagon
01-27-2009, 02:05 PM
sounds like you're intent on losing customers,
Well Done!

-Love,
Hauntmachine

Vuedoo
03-11-2009, 02:31 PM
We Want Jello Shots!

Drwaz99
03-17-2009, 01:01 PM
Interesting as I haven't seen this as of yet, but from my observation none of the rules are being enforced so, honestly, what's the point? This forums has the highest number of trolls and grievers than I have seen on any other game forum. I guarantee that this post will get trolled by someone. I can point you to at numerous thread that violate what you wrote. I used to be a Web master for a FPS gaming community of over 10,000 registered members and wouldn't let half of what goes on here happen (same rules as yours, just enforced).

jmonty
03-17-2009, 01:07 PM
Interesting as I haven't seen this as of yet, but from my observation none of the rules are being enforced so, honestly, what's the point? This forums has the highest number of trolls and grievers than I have seen on any other game forum. I guarantee that this post will get trolled by someone. I can point you to at numerous thread that violate what you wrote. I used to be a Web master for a FPS gaming community of over 10,000 registered members and wouldn't let half of what goes on here happen (same rules as yours, just enforced).

yay for rules!

lol

Fattiest
04-02-2009, 01:31 PM
Word is they fired the Cube for stealing peoples lunches in the break room,,,,,,,,, that big fat green jerkā€¦. Get your own fruit roll-ups.

hehehe

Asketes
09-29-2009, 08:07 PM
Dear Cube,

I am concerned about your avatar. Is indicates that you are a green Gelatinous Cube. What about the purple Gelatinous Cubes out there? Or the clear ones?

Thank you,
Fighting Against Prejudice from Sarlona

Dear Fighting Against Prejudice,

While I'm sure my colorful cousins appreciate your concern, my picture indicates what I look like. I am what I am, and I am green.

Your Friend,

http://forums.ddo.com/image.php?u=37&dateline=1243455129
The Cube

I call shenanigans

:D:D:eek::D:D

gordgray
04-07-2010, 12:56 PM
OK so a real Question when is the up date for a Guild going to be put out? are thy Going to fix the bug for renaming the ranks in the guild there are a lot of folks out here that want to no.
Thanks.

gordgray
04-26-2010, 08:28 PM
Wow this is the fastest or I do mean the slowest response I have ever seen.

OK so a real Question when is the up date for a Guild going to be put out? are thy Going to fix the bug for renaming the ranks in the guild there are a lot of folks out here that want to no.
Thanks.

Aurora1979
02-14-2012, 08:27 PM
Dear Cube,

Do you like salt on your chips/ fries.

Regards

CuriousUK

Stermlin
02-15-2012, 11:56 AM
if the Cube ate its' own post, would the Universe implode?

DrawingGuy
02-15-2012, 07:05 PM
Dear Cube,

What constitutes a thread necro?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/drawingguy/574084A1-C68A-7844-C8907947141900AD.jpg

rezo
02-15-2012, 10:50 PM
Dear Cubie,

Antheal
02-15-2012, 10:57 PM
So... do infractions that are supposed to expire actually expire, or are they kept on your 'permanent record'?

rezo
02-15-2012, 10:58 PM
Dear Cubie,

Dose posting the elder sign in the reply thread or any thread means you can't eat it?? Also have you been to the mountain of madness???

Thx,

Rezo the Red Priest

charles13f
10-07-2013, 12:41 PM
I went into an undead area on my cleric (turner based) and turned undead, but not all got blasted so I did it again and nothing.... What gives with the second attempt? I hit min lev 19 undead at lev 8, and had 40+ hd of turning available but none of them died, I had to wait 30 seconds before it affected the undead again.....will this be fixed, or will it be like most things in the game and get put on the back burner for 4 yrs in favor of profit producing new quests (and by the way it's the bugs that never get fixed that convinced me to not P2P)

BigSlugger
10-07-2013, 01:08 PM
I went into an undead area on my cleric (turner based) ...

Reroll, maybe a necromancer is more your style.

???
11-06-2013, 01:13 AM

Treat it as vorpal strike with no limits related to current hp.