PDA

View Full Version : 36 Point Build Apothecary

thunir
05-11-2021, 08:00 PM
Has anyone had strong results with this line?

I was happy to cap as an apothecary once the Spell pass raised the hit dice on the inflict wounds admixtures.

It was troublesome to find that the Death Salve doesn't work on the living. Why would anyone else need it? Such a disappointment. This isn't an alternative healing class, you can't quicken the heals and there are no raises so why not at least throw us a bone and let the tank have healing why I am damaging with admixtures......

The whole line is becoming a huge disappointment, spill the bad stuff is a horrible spell with a terrible animation. Dissolve is a touch range spell with a Wis based DC on a Int based character we could have at least made it a ray spell? Its all silly. Why didn't we get baleful polymorph? Would it be so OP when Im standing next to self healing Necros with a 135 DC Wail.

Haphazarduk
05-12-2021, 07:04 AM
Has anyone had strong results with this line?

I was happy to cap as an apothecary once the Spell pass raised the hit dice on the inflict wounds admixtures.

It was troublesome to find that the Death Salve doesn't work on the living. Why would anyone else need it? Such a disappointment. This isn't an alternative healing class, you can't quicken the heals and there are no raises so why not at least throw us a bone and let the tank have healing why I am damaging with admixtures......

The whole line is becoming a huge disappointment, spill the bad stuff is a horrible spell with a terrible animation. Dissolve is a touch range spell with a Wis based DC on a Int based character we could have at least made it a ray spell? Its all silly. Why didn't we get baleful polymorph? Would it be so OP when Im standing next to self healing Necros with a 135 DC Wail.

Death Salve is annoying and I don't really understand why this went in not to be implemented at all (I'm guessing balancing issues) but the biggest problem with Apothecary is deathblock/ward on mobs. There's no easy way to strip immunity so it becomes increasingly useless in high heroics and into epics. Against non-warded mobs its spectacular and is incredibly satisfying in low/mid heroics but you have to pick your quests (and of course it doesn't work on undead further limiting you).

I suspect the increases in damage were to mitigate for these issues slightly but they don't address the root problem. I think it needs a stripping mechanism - well trialed in other areas - or a reliable way or some other way to make it useful. I’d particularly like to see a Dispel Magic admixture.

Its really difficult to justify t5 Apothercary when you can have t5 Bombadier with all the goodies that gives and just stick to meta'ed non-SLA Cause Serious/Crit/Harm admixtures when you're under the 50% spell reduction of a Pyrite reaction.

Hap