PDA

View Full Version : Not seeing a Burning Ambition effect. What's up?

HungarianRhapsody
12-22-2020, 11:19 AM
If I'm in Purple or Green reaction color, I see the same damage amounts on my offensive Alchemist spells that I see when I'm in Pyrite(Orange) reaction color. I don't see any harmful effect of Burning Ambition when I "z" examine an enemy and I lob Crimsonite and Goldleaf offensive spells at them while in Pyrite reaction.

I even tried while I'm in the Pyrite Reaction Spike just in case it isn't constant and I only get the Burning Ambition during the spike and not when I'm just "resting" in Pyrite. I still don't see any difference in my attack spells.

Am I missing something? I don't see any extra damage effects or additional numbers on my attack and my spells don't seem to be doing noticeably more damage. I am seeing Vulnerability effect on my enemies when I lob an Elemental Combination at them and hit them for 3+ different damage types.

Am I just bad at noticing the Burning Ambition damage?

HungarianRhapsody
12-23-2020, 12:16 PM
Bump?

Discpsycho
12-23-2020, 01:03 PM
I played my (currently level 10) alchemist a couple of nights ago and it seems to work just fine.

Burning Ambition is a (100%) proc. It doesn't debuff or apply an effect, so you wouldn't see anything using Examine, which is what I also assumed when I first tried out alchemist. When you cast a damage spell in Pyrite (passive or spike) you'll see a large number, then a smaller number immediately after on a second line. Your damage number won't increase during pyrite, nor will it get a " + XX" number like you'll get from Sneak Attack. It's like an Eldritch Blast where each single bolt deals multiple damages (base + pact).

It can be hard to make out, especially if you're using multi-hit abilities like Multivial or Elemental Combination. You can also check the Combat Log and it should be a separate line. If you're not seeing it in any of these places, it might be a bug