Precise Shot
Precision
Improved Critical Ranged (BAB 8)
Improved Precise Shot (BAB 11 + DEX 19)
Combat Archery (DEX 21 + epic level)
Overwhelming Critical
Doubleshot (level 28 ED feat)

Optional feats:

Rapid Shot (either take it early or skip it)
Blinding Speed (if you don't have another source of Ranged Alacrity)
Weapon Focus Ranged/Thrown (each adds +2 Ranged Power) - if you're a fighter, they're also pre-reqs for the Weapon Specialization / Greater Focus / etc. line of feats.

Rapid Reload boosts the reload animation speed; Rapid Shot boosts the firing animation. Of the two, RR seems to provide the bigger boost. Also when you get close to level 30, you will hit the hard cap on animation speeds, at which point extra speed bonuses no longer boost your DPS, even if they technically stack.

Your other Epic Destiny feat options aren't great: usually Holy Strike or Pierce <metal> at level 26; Harbinger of Chaos or Embodiment of Law at level 29. Unless you're a hybrid build; e.g., a pure Artificer / Inquisitive might take Epic Spell Power Electric and Arcane Warrior.

Seph1roth5
11-04-2020, 05:30 PM
Is combat archery worth it? Seems like it'd just be adding 1d8+2 and what, 2-3 ranged power?

C-Dog
11-06-2020, 01:12 PM
Must-haves in order of importance or BAB:
Right.

@ OP and new(er) players - These are the standard Ranged feats for a Ranged build (with no extra Feat slots). Inquis is just another a ranged build; with few exceptions, nothing special about the feats any ranged build needs over another.

Is combat archery worth it? Seems like it'd just be adding 1d8+2 and what, 2-3 ranged power?
It's +2 Dodge, not RP.
o https://ddowiki.com/page/Combat_Archery

But the answer is "yes", for 2 basic reasons:

1) You should always weigh the value of any build choice against your alternate options - what else you could take, what other direction could you go? In this case, there's really nothing else that helps DPS and survivability nearly as much.

(Some builds could be tempted by meta-magics, Extend or some such - but few Ranged builds typically run out of Spell Points before they run out of Hit Points, and dead enemies do very little damage.)

2) Re DPS, it's not "+d8+2", it's "+[W]" - and that feeds in to all the multipliers for PBS and crits and so on. It is, indeed, a big bump in damage, far more than +6.5/hit.

Stoner81
11-07-2020, 02:04 AM

Combat Archery is huge! If you don't take it then you are leaving a lot of DPS on the table.

Stoner81.

cdbd3rd
11-07-2020, 05:20 AM

o https://ddowiki.com/page/Combat_Archery

2) Re DPS, it's not "+d8+2", it's "+[W]" - and that feeds in to all the multipliers for PBS and crits and so on. It is, indeed, a big bump in damage, far more than +6.5/hit.

Combat Archery is huge! If you don't take it then you are leaving a lot of DPS on the table.

Stoner81.

Currently on my first plod to 30 on my Arty. (There are a LOT of flowers to sniff along the way.)

I had looked at CA and it didn't look like much on the cover to me either. I'll keep this info in mind at my next leveling. /Props at ya.

Stoner81
11-07-2020, 07:52 AM
Currently on my first plod to 30 on my Arty. (There are a LOT of flowers to sniff along the way.)

I had looked at CA and it didn't look like much on the cover to me either. I'll keep this info in mind at my next leveling. /Props at ya.

It's +1[W] which is basically Deadly Weapons (Arti spell) in a feat that stacks with everything! It feeds in to everything from Archers Focus to Critical Hits and everything in between it's just crazy good for any ranged character.

Stoner81.

droid327
11-07-2020, 03:09 PM
Must-haves in order of importance or BAB:

Rapid Reload
Point Blank Shot
Precise Shot
Precision
Improved Critical Ranged (BAB 8)
Improved Precise Shot (BAB 11 + DEX 19)
Combat Archery (DEX 21 + epic level)
Overwhelming Critical
Doubleshot (level 28 ED feat)

Optional feats:

Rapid Shot (either take it early or skip it)
Blinding Speed (if you don't have another source of Ranged Alacrity)
Weapon Focus Ranged/Thrown (each adds +2 Ranged Power) - if you're a fighter, they're also pre-reqs for the Weapon Specialization / Greater Focus / etc. line of feats.

This is comprehensive for Heroic offensive (ie ranged DPS) feats, but since that's only at most 6 Heroic feats, and most Inquis will have /2 Arti that makes RR autogrant, you usually have 2 "flex" feats. Even more if you're part Ranger, Fighter, Wizard, or a Human.

What you take there is more build-dependent than your offensive feats, though...but among them:

Dodge/Mob: you have the DEX for it anyway, and it means +2 MDB which is +2 effective Dodge cap. Potentially matters more now that endgame Inquis arent locked into light armor with Wallwatch, a Medium armored Spring/Summer Inqui can now have uncapped MRR and still make use of all the Dodge baked into Inqui, as long as their MDB is high enough. Also a prereq for SotR if you have a third flex feat...which is pointless for the alacrity, but does still provide +4 to hit while kiting and +3 RP.

Emp Heal/Quicken: Useful even on non-healer builds in Epic for Cocoon/Renewal

Insightful Reflex, Force of Personality: Naturally, only for INT or CHA based Inquis, respectively.

Emp/Max or Heighten/Spell Focus: hybrid caster-inquis might want these for nuking or CCing, respectively.

Medium Armor Prof: for builds that dont have it natively, as mentioned, this is now a viable option at endgame to get uncapped MRR. Medium makes more sense than Heavy; you'd rather have the few points of extra Dodge than the extra 1/4 BAB to PRR.

C-Dog
11-07-2020, 04:49 PM
I had looked at CA and it didn't look like much on the cover to me either...
If you haven't already, you could swap out a feat for free w/ Fred, see the diff for yourself (if only for a few runs just before you ER).

o https://ddowiki.com/page/Fred#Feat_respec