PDA

View Full Version : Falconry on a melee

Ravenbrew
08-18-2020, 08:48 AM
Hi, I'm running an Aasimar Scourge (Ranger 17) with Falconry (Wisdom to hit/damage). Main weapons are Beacon of Day/Night. Is it safe to say trip/sunder are worthless with low strength? I may remove them from my hot bar. Enhancements are pretty tight but I'm hoping to squeeze more bird attacks in there. Worst case, I lesser reincarnate and dump Falconry -- go back to the strength build.

Coffey
08-18-2020, 01:44 PM
Hi, I'm running an Aasimar Scourge (Ranger 17) with Falconry (Wisdom to hit/damage). Main weapons are Beacon of Day/Night. Is it safe to say trip/sunder are worthless with low strength? I may remove them from my hot bar. Enhancements are pretty tight but I'm hoping to squeeze more bird attacks in there. Worst case, I lesser reincarnate and dump Falconry -- go back to the strength build.

Youre on the right track. Moving AP around for whatever is best at the time.

Check out Tried-and-Tested-Hardcore-Viable-Ranger-For-All-Your-Hardcore-Needs (Check out Strimtoms [URL="https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/508594-Tried-and-Tested-Hardcore-Viable-Ranger-For-All-Your-Hardcore-Needs). Strimtom does a great job explaining the wisdom build as well as AP distribution during leveling. This build is better self healng and survivabiliity but wont be as high a DPS Tempest build as the Strength variant.

Strength build is very dependant on gearing to be great.

Ravenbrew
08-18-2020, 03:02 PM
Youre on the right track. Moving AP around for whatever is best at the time.

Check out Tried-and-Tested-Hardcore-Viable-Ranger-For-All-Your-Hardcore-Needs (Check out Strimtoms [URL="https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/508594-Tried-and-Tested-Hardcore-Viable-Ranger-For-All-Your-Hardcore-Needs). Strimtom does a great job explaining the wisdom build as well as AP distribution during leveling. This build is better self healng and survivabiliity but wont be as high a DPS Tempest build as the Strength variant.

Strength build is very dependent on gearing to be great.
Thank you Coffey. Strimtom was my example (he has a couple variants of the Aasimar Scourge from the late 2019 time period). You nailed it: I need to keep adjusting Enhancements to match character needs. Plus at level 18, I'll get another feat (e.g. I held off on grabbing, "Improved Critical: Bludgeoning" since my first weapons were the awesome Beacon of Day/Night with built-in Impact I). I'll keep running with this build a while longer.

Coffey
08-18-2020, 03:39 PM
I like a min of 14 AP in Falc for the 2 bird attacks and the +3 DCs is solid for key targets in Elite difficulty. Try to add some assass DCs if you can from loot.

All the best to you!