PDA

View Full Version : Alchemists and Alchemist Fire (Rogue Craft Station)

tcosta1982
05-27-2020, 10:51 PM
Hey, I'm noticing that Alchemist Fire/Acid/Force, etc... is classified as a Dart, which goes really well with the Alchemist Vile Chemist. However, Alchemists are not on the list to use ALCHEMIST's fire. They are Rogue/Arti only (UMD applies). It seems like it's an almost perfect fit, except for a couple of things:

1. Alchemists aren't able to naturally use Alchemist Fire and other Alchemy objects (kind of silly there...)
2. Alchemists can't make these items since they don't get Trapmaking
3. Alchemists must multiclass into Rogue/Arti in order to get the ability to craft this these items

Devs, I'm suggesting the following:

1. Add Trapmaking as a bonus feat to the Vile Chemist T1 Core, since it does almost nothing
2. Add Alchemists to the approved list for the grenade items

What do you think?

Hipparan
05-27-2020, 11:24 PM
I am a huge fan of this idea. I know a lot of the traps would be useless for an Alchemist that doesn't have Disable Device to work as a DC, but the throwing bottles should 100% be usable by a pure Alchemist (and maybe made returning).

Haphazarduk
05-29-2020, 11:47 AM
1. Add Trapmaking as a bonus feat to the Vile Chemist T1 Core, since it does almost nothing
2. Add Alchemists to the approved list for the grenade items

What do you think?

Yes I like it too.

1. I have long thought that trap making should be open to other classes - perhaps with a decent investment of feats - but t1 is too low I think. Maybe t2/3?
2. Really good idea.

Hap