PDA

View Full Version : New raid Heavy Xbow - build advice

Sealsniper
08-02-2019, 03:09 PM
Hello all,

Could use some help from the master builders....

I am currently running gnome 12 rogue/6 ranger/2 arti inquisitor build, running primarily with legendary nightshade use volley sometimes when running NHB.

I am racial completionist and heroic completionist +8 tomes

current Int -96
con -78
dex - 56

1860 HP / 2300 reaper
1500 SP

182 PRR
47 MRR
27% dodge
light armor

75% doubleshot
Range power 169 (full blitzing i think around 275 with IPS, 300 i think i saw in archers focus - could be off a few points??)

LD for blitz
twist
ottos whistle
grim precision
stay frosty
coccon
+1 con
18d6 sneak attack

Stats are standing on ship, not reaper (have 52 reaper points).

wearing both sharn wallwatch set and 5 piece RL

this build is a beast for DPS, i stay at cap and raid/high reaper mostly (rarely solo as we have active guild and since i run high reaper typically with a group), to help with glass cannon problem, i carry stay frosty, ottos whistle, glacial burst and primarily run legendary quarantine rune arm (freezes targets on chance) which has helped with thick skin, uncanny dodge, considering dropping otto's for meld (havent played with yet).

With the new raid xbow being heavy xbow, what if any changes should i make? race, class, level split(s)? debuffing aspect of new raid xbow fully upgraded i think outweighs the legendary nightshade, i know as gnome racial bonus only towards lxbow.

final question - i think i have read that blinding speed (feat) ranged attack speed bonus does not help this build type? Has anyone tested and confirmed?

Any thoughts or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks all,

Seal

jskinner937
08-02-2019, 05:55 PM
Hello all,

Could use some help from the master builders....

I am currently running gnome 12 rogue/6 ranger/2 arti inquisitor build, running primarily with legendary nightshade use volley sometimes when running NHB.

I am racial completionist and heroic completionist +8 tomes

current Int -96
con -78
dex - 56

1860 HP / 2300 reaper
1500 SP

182 PRR
47 MRR
27% dodge
light armor

75% doubleshot
Range power 169 (full blitzing i think around 275 with IPS, 300 i think i saw in archers focus - could be off a few points??)

LD for blitz
twist
ottos whistle
grim precision
stay frosty
coccon
+1 con
18d6 sneak attack

Stats are standing on ship, not reaper (have 52 reaper points).

wearing both sharn wallwatch set and 5 piece RL

this build is a beast for DPS, i stay at cap and raid/high reaper mostly (rarely solo as we have active guild and since i run high reaper typically with a group), to help with glass cannon problem, i carry stay frosty, ottos whistle, glacial burst and primarily run legendary quarantine rune arm (freezes targets on chance) which has helped with thick skin, uncanny dodge, considering dropping otto's for meld (havent played with yet).

With the new raid xbow being heavy xbow, what if any changes should i make? race, class, level split(s)? debuffing aspect of new raid xbow fully upgraded i think outweighs the legendary nightshade, i know as gnome racial bonus only towards lxbow.

final question - i think i have read that blinding speed (feat) ranged attack speed bonus does not help this build type? Has anyone tested and confirmed?

Any thoughts or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks all,

Seal

Halfling is prob your best race choice for that build if going Hxbow. Aasimar and WF also good choices. Gnome and drow are decent just for the boost to int.

Blinding Speed does help when off NHB and does stack with alacrity from inquisitor enhancements. Just not with haste or ranged alacrity from equipment. But when NHB is active, no attack speed boosts appear to have any affect including haste, all alacrity, rapid shot, etc.

Sealsniper
08-05-2019, 03:12 PM
So currently i am getting 1x crit range with gnome tier 4 racial benefit for light xbow, i dont have a way to get crit multiplier into this build, without going fighter levels unless i am missing something?

wondering how much dps loss overall that is going to be?

Yamani
08-05-2019, 03:33 PM
So currently i am getting 1x crit range with gnome tier 4 racial benefit for light xbow, i dont have a way to get crit multiplier into this build, without going fighter levels unless i am missing something?

wondering how much dps loss overall that is going to be?

Might want to read the 4th core of inquisitive.

Erofen
08-05-2019, 03:51 PM
Halfling is prob your best race choice for [everything]

Blinding Speed does help when off NHB and does stack with alacrity from inquisitor enhancements. Just not with haste or ranged alacrity from equipment. But when NHB is active, no attack speed boosts appear to have any affect including haste, all alacrity, rapid shot, etc.
ftfy

This second statement I really want to clear up, because so many people seem to be confused about it. First, this is accurate technically, but not functionally. Ranged attack speed (in any form, bow, xbow, shuriken, etc.) has an effective cap of about 32%. So while the inquisitive (or mechanic) alacrity will stack, you will not be getting 52% speed, but instead 32%. So this means that Blinding Speed is only giving you a 2% boost to your speed. You can decide for yourself if this is useful to you.

Sealsniper
08-05-2019, 04:15 PM
Might want to read the 4th core of inquisitive.

Thank you sir!

I missed that.
+1 rep for u