PDA

View Full Version : Idea for light crossbow/heavy crossbow/repeaters

Annihilyght
05-21-2019, 09:13 AM
Since there is such a lack of named light/heavy crossbows in the game, how about if you have a light repeating crossbow, but are not proficient then it acts like a light crossbow, same concept with heavy repeater acting like a heavy crossbow? Thoughts? Flames?

Bunker
05-21-2019, 09:35 AM
Since there is such a lack of named light/heavy crossbows in the game, how about if you have a light repeating crossbow, but are not proficient then it acts like a light crossbow, same concept with heavy repeater acting like a heavy crossbow? Thoughts? Flames?

Are you saying that if we use this above possibility, then you could use any Repeater as a dual crossbow for the inquisitive tree? If that is your thought, there are a few holes in this idea.

Any class that gets repeater feats for free, would not be able to use this feature. Leaving many builds out of the equation.

If you wanted to make repeaters convert to light/heavy regular crossbows, it may just be a better idea that a crafting system was introduced where you would put in a repeater, and out pops a regular crossbow replacing the repeater.

Annihilyght
05-21-2019, 10:22 AM
Are you saying that if we use this above possibility, then you could use any Repeater as a dual crossbow for the inquisitive tree? If that is your thought, there are a few holes in this idea.

Any class that gets repeater feats for free, would not be able to use this feature. Leaving many builds out of the equation.

If you wanted to make repeaters convert to light/heavy regular crossbows, it may just be a better idea that a crafting system was introduced where you would put in a repeater, and out pops a regular crossbow replacing the repeater.

Good points. Just spit-balling here, but maybe an option to toggle off free repeater feats? I really like your idea as well.

zsospeck666
05-25-2019, 03:52 PM

From a lore perspective I could see any character breaking the repeating mechanism and rendering it no more useful than a standard version.
To take it a step further, could make it done through the trap station. Anyone could convert a repeater to a standard non-repeating version.
And those with the trap making feat, such as rogues and artificers who also get proficiency with repeaters, could combine non-repeating with mechanical trap parts to make a repeater.
Possibly use mechanical and magical trap parts to convert it to a gxbow.
Would certainly widen the variety of weapon choice for a variety of builds.

Bunker
05-25-2019, 04:34 PM
From a lore perspective I could see any character breaking the repeating mechanism and rendering it no more useful than a standard version.
To take it a step further, could make it done through the trap station. Anyone could convert a repeater to a standard non-repeating version.
And those with the trap making feat, such as rogues and artificers who also get proficiency with repeaters, could combine non-repeating with mechanical trap parts to make a repeater.
Possibly use mechanical and magical trap parts to convert it to a gxbow.
Would certainly widen the variety of weapon choice for a variety of builds.

I agree it would. I do think that some named repeaters would be ok to cover, but not all.

Honestly though. With crafting cannith, greensteel, a chemical, there are some decent option if you are willing to work for them.