PDA

View Full Version : Scoundrel Inquisitive advice

Oliphant
04-17-2019, 12:20 AM
After getting frustrated and still not on a perfect build I found a bard inquisitor way that definitely works, patched from forum advice mainly. It depends on having some good end game INT gear, like Legendary Acolyte's Lenses. Getting a basic ML 29 weapon like Morninglord's freebie light crossbow and decent ML 29 INT going and switching to this set up instantly turned me into a hot knife through butter compared to my more racial flavored version of below with no damage stat going (no harper). I'd say Inquisitive is a really nice tree.

Here goes a way: 36 Inquisitive gets you the good Tier 5 stuff and Core 4. 31 Warchanter gets you Core 4 for BAB = Character Level which also boosts ranged speed. 12 Harper gets you INT to damage plus 1/2 INT modifier to damage clickie. 36+31+12=79, so try not to spend that last point all in one place. Going INT gets you skills, which is ok side bene. Going INT prolly best. Racial flavor if you have racial AP. You will hear the violin on all spell casting and SLAs (think sonic blast if you seek punishment) but this build is not about much spell casting or action songs so its is nice and quiet as they go. Still fair amount of buff songs for your violin practice. I cannot stress enough that you must consider that violin plays on all spell casting before designing a build.

Oliphant
04-17-2019, 12:24 AM
If you are new, give up on doing two things, like ranged damage and crowd control. Just do ranged as well as possible. Make sure you have enough Dexterity to get the ranged feats! If you are planning on doing easier difficulty you can ignore any of this advice and savor the flavor.

Oliphant
04-17-2019, 12:25 AM
But don't triffle with violin, not at any diff!

cru121
04-17-2019, 05:06 AM
If you are new, give up on doing two things, like ranged damage and crowd control. Just do ranged as well as possible. Make sure you have enough Dexterity to get the ranged feats! If you are planning on doing easier difficulty you can ignore any of this advice and savor the flavor.

If you want to dump dex, you need to dip 11 levels of ranger. With this setup you only need 13 dex for Precision, get Improved Precise Shot for free from Ranger levels, and accept that the epic feat Combat Archery is simply out of reach.