PDA

View Full Version : Combat Expertize: truly useful or not ?

drathdragon
03-14-2019, 03:40 PM
I have to think that i always build the wrong monk with all the stats on str,dex,con,wis missing INT to get combat expertize.

but is it so useful ? is it necessary to waste some point on int just to get it ?

please help me to understand.

Hobgoblin
03-14-2019, 03:44 PM
I have to think that i always build the wrong monk with all the stats on str,dex,con,wis missing INT to get combat expertize.

but is it so useful ? is it necessary to waste some point on int just to get it ?

please help me to understand.

its worth it. not so much for the ac, but for the prr in epics.

so if u arnt hitting epics then i say no

peng
03-14-2019, 04:15 PM
The reason so many monks take combat expertise is because it's a prerequisite for whirlwind attack. With wraps, whirlwind hits everything around you twice, and the 2nd hit can have offhand and doublestrike price, so often hits 4 times.

ValariusK
03-14-2019, 04:24 PM
The reason so many monks take combat expertise is because it's a prerequisite for whirlwind attack. With wraps, whirlwind hits everything around you twice, and the 2nd hit can have offhand and doublestrike price, so often hits 4 times.

Yep, I consider WW attack at 6th level on a monk pretty much required. That means combat expertise is required, which means investment in some INT is also mandatory.
WW attack really IS that good.

Hobgoblin
03-14-2019, 04:36 PM
wasnt even considering ww. that is true. but i also like the 20 prr that you can twist in.

drathdragon
03-14-2019, 05:17 PM
well, i never finished to learn something in this game.
thank you guys, i think i will get ww as soon as possible.

Alcides
03-14-2019, 09:26 PM
Good feat for tanks, and a prerequisite for whirlwind. There is also a twist for +20 PRR while you have the stance enabled.

Saekee
03-14-2019, 10:47 PM
fyi combat expertise wards against rage effects so do not have active in Fury of the Wild. You probably were not anyway, just saying for other folks