PDA

View Full Version : Mac Client hangs 'Getting in Line to Connect' and a little while later just dies



cranmeister
12-01-2018, 05:46 PM
I think this has been happening for about two weeks. MacOS 10.14.1. Am Able to log in, but then the described behavior happens. Anyone else having this issue recently?

PizzaDoctor
12-02-2018, 08:26 PM
One of many symptoms I have been having.

TitusOvid
12-02-2018, 08:45 PM
Is it possibvle for you to try paralells desktop and set the graphics manually to directx 9?
Just to try?

cranmeister
12-27-2018, 10:04 AM
So after the patch came out last week (the week before Christmas), I was able to login with the mac client again. Unfortunately, that stopped working over the weekend and I'm back to the 'Getting in Line to Connect' never succeeding.

cranmeister
12-28-2018, 03:40 PM
Today I tried again and the same-old, same-old failure, so I decided to dig a little deeper. I brought up a terminal and looked to see what was running when I started up the launcher:

% pgrep -lf dnd
985 /Applications/dndLauncher.app/Contents/MacOS/dndlauncher
56680 /Applications/dndLauncher.app/Contents/Resources/dndclient.app/Contents/MacOS/dndclient

When it finally timed out and the window disappeared, I noticed that 56680 was *still* running

% pgrep -lf dnd
56680 /Applications/dndLauncher.app/Contents/Resources/dndclient.app/Contents/MacOS/dndclient

I actually killed that process and restarted the launcher. This time the game came up fine.
Leads me to theorize that a previous start-up failed to exit properly, and that stuck process then prevented me connecting so long as it was running.

JohnDoeIII
01-16-2019, 09:45 AM
Yesterday's patch seems to have fixed the hangup issues.

augustuscosta
01-19-2019, 09:47 PM
Today I tried again and the same-old, same-old failure, so I decided to dig a little deeper. I brought up a terminal and looked to see what was running when I started up the launcher:

% pgrep -lf dnd
985 /Applications/dndLauncher.app/Contents/MacOS/dndlauncher
56680 /Applications/dndLauncher.app/Contents/Resources/dndclient.app/Contents/MacOS/dndclient

When it finally timed out and the window disappeared, I noticed that 56680 was *still* running

% pgrep -lf dnd
56680 /Applications/dndLauncher.app/Contents/Resources/dndclient.app/Contents/MacOS/dndclient

I actually killed that process and restarted the launcher. This time the game came up fine.
Leads me to theorize that a previous start-up failed to exit properly, and that stuck process then prevented me connecting so long as it was running.


This information was very useful to me because I have this problem a lot of times and need to delete all game files and folders and install again to can play.

Thanks!