PDA

View Full Version : TR Bank, TRing for 2nd time

Igognito
11-26-2018, 08:39 AM
Hi all,

I was wondering, when I will TR for a 2nd time what will happen to the items in the current TR Bank?

Cheers

Enoach
11-26-2018, 08:51 AM
well, before you can TR again you need to empty the TR Cache. It won't let you until you do.

Frogger1234
11-26-2018, 10:01 AM
well, before you can TR again you need to empty the TR Cache. It won't let you until you do.

It takes some time and thought, but you can:
Put items in your shared bank
mail to other characters of yours (and accept the mail or let it time out and get returned)
post on the auction house / shard auction house. If they don't sell, they come back to you.
Sell items to vendors (not brokers) - and buy them back after you TR if you still want them. Buy-back even works in snowy Korthos for pots and low level items :). Just don't let them sit long just in case SSG clears the infinite "imminent."
Crunch them for Cannith Crafting essences
dump in your guild chest (if there is one)

Once I clear the TR cache I declare success and kick all other cleaning down the road to my next TR.

spyder7723
11-26-2018, 11:10 AM
Over the years i went from hoarding everything to a very minimalist outlook and only keep a very few select pieces. Especially once i started tring a lot on my main. I got rid of so much stuff that now everytime i tr i can put everything from the cache into his regular bank and inventory. Seriously if you didn't use it this life chances are you won't use it next life.

Maquist
11-26-2018, 12:14 PM
It takes some time and thought, but you can:
Sell items to vendors (not brokers) - and buy them back after you TR if you still want them. Buy-back even works in snowy Korthos for pots and low level items :). Just don't let them sit long just in case SSG clears the infinite "imminent."

This is something I sometimes do before TRing. I'll farm up the starter gear I'll need for my next life, and it will be the last stuff I vendor before reincarnating. Then just hit up the Korthos vendor and buy it all back. Geared up in no time. I hadn't thought to do it with potions, though. Thanks for the idea.

C-Dog
11-26-2018, 04:02 PM
Where do you get the cash to rebuy it?

If you're runnng to the (lower) Harbor mailbox, it isn't that much further to the bank.

Frogger1234
11-26-2018, 04:50 PM
Where do you get the cash to rebuy it?

If you're runnng to the (lower) Harbor mailbox, it isn't that much further to the bank.

VIP and Premium players have the max plat cap (and all their money) available immediately after TR, so buying back stuff from the Korthos vendor isn't an issue.
If you have the Free to Play plat cap, that would be an additional thing to consider when deciding how to clear your TR cache.
The Wiki discusses the TR / money cap on the Currency page. (https://ddowiki.com/page/Platinum)

Enoach
11-26-2018, 05:15 PM
VIP and Premium players have the max plat cap (and all their money) available immediately after TR, so buying back stuff from the Korthos vendor isn't an issue.
If you have the Free to Play plat cap, that would be an additional thing to consider when deciding how to clear your TR cache.
The Wiki discusses the TR / money cap on the Currency page. (https://ddowiki.com/page/Platinum)

My understanding is that while the plat cap does come into play if you exceed that limit you keep your currency you just can't pick up any more until you drop below that cap or raise your cap.

Is this not correct?

Frogger1234
11-26-2018, 05:29 PM
My understanding is that while the plat cap does come into play if you exceed that limit you keep your currency you just can't pick up any more until you drop below that cap or raise your cap.

Is this not correct?

That's how I've seen it operate when I've hit the plat cap when playing. However, the Wiki says that buying items will fail for FtP characters who TR and end up over the plat cap. Since I'm not FtP, I can't confirm whether this is true or not. Or if it used to be true but got changed somewhere along the line.

"If you True Reincarnate a Free to Play character without transferring their currency off first, you will be level 1 with a currency cap of 1,250pp and current platinum more than that. In this 'over cap' state, trying to send mail or buy items will fail and the currency will be lost (the mail is not sent/items not purchased but currency removed). F2P characters should always be empty of currency before True Reincarnation to avoid this. "

C-Dog
11-27-2018, 02:46 AM
VIP and Premium players have ... all their money available immediately after TR, so buying back stuff from the Korthos vendor isn't an issue.
Huh - lotta wasted money shuffling in my past.:rolleyes: thx!

Igognito
11-27-2018, 07:34 AM
ty for the answers :-)

caberonia
12-03-2018, 06:16 AM
Just want to add that if you have Ravenloft.. most of equipment from it can be worn from 10 all the way to 20 with decent effectiveness. So if you are going to TR alot.. you don't need to have stuff for every few levels.. a few good low level items to get you to 10, ravenloft from 10 -20 a long with a few supplemental pieces you swap in as you can wear them. This will reduce the inventory strain on TRing and while it won't have you min/maxed in the upper heroics you should still be effective enough to get to 20 and grind out tokens.

Igognito
12-03-2018, 08:27 AM
Just want to add that if you have Ravenloft.. most of equipment from it can be worn from 10 all the way to 20 with decent effectiveness. So if you are going to TR alot.. you don't need to have stuff for every few levels.. a few good low level items to get you to 10, ravenloft from 10 -20 a long with a few supplemental pieces you swap in as you can wear them. This will reduce the inventory strain on TRing and while it won't have you min/maxed in the upper heroics you should still be effective enough to get to 20 and grind out tokens.

I got Ravenloft this Black Friday...
Still haven't played it though.

Currently, I'm making a system for item management that would allow me (a) find easier items (b) to swap less often items.

My Idea uses a few mule characters:
Mules carry items as follows:

ML 1-4 (To be used from lvls 1-7 and to be looked at lvls 1, 4)
ML 5-8 (To be used from lvls 8-11 and to be looked at lvl 8)
ML 9-12 (To be used from lvls 12-15 and to be looked at lvl 12)
ML 13-16 (To be used from lvls 16-19 and to be looked at lvl 16)
ML 17-20 (To be used from lvls 20+ and to be looked at lvl 20)
ML 21+ (Do not possess many of those yet :-/)

Practically, I will be swapping my items 6 times per Heroic Life plus weapon swaps.

An exception to this system is my weapons.
I categorized those as:
ML 1-3
ML 4-5 (ML 5s should slowly be removed, when I have enough good ML 4s)
ML 10 (usually crafted)
ML 20 (don't have any yet :-D)
The rest weapons I use are named

All other MLs are to be sold/dissolved.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to level up my guild to get 4 chests to put my slotted and special material items.

Now I have 7 character slots. 1 for main, 1 for a second character to play (test builds, play with friends etc), 1 for mining crafting boosters thus 4 remain for mules.

Mule 1: MLs 1-4, weapons ML 1-5, Augments MLs 1, 4;
Mule 2: MLs 5-8, 9-12, weapons ML 10, Augments MLs 8, 12;
Mule 3: MLs 13-16, Augments ML 16;
Mule 4: MLs 17+, Augments MLs 20+;

In all that I need to also store my rare scroll collection, and my wands :-D I gave up with potions... Maybe soon I will give up with wands and only keep invisibility and shield wands.

Each mule will have full inventory size (5 bags, 3 banks).
I currently have 2 with full inventory size, 1 that misses 1 bank, 1 that misses 2 banks.

Ideally and at a latter point I will only have items ML 1, ML 4, ML 8, ML 12, ML 16, ML 20, ML 24, ML 28, and weapons ML 1, ML 4, ML 10, ML 20, ML ??.

Originally, I started doing this every 5 levels (1, 5, 10, 15, 20) but the 10, 15 was problematic with augments...

Cheers

ps: I posted my system, to get some feedback for improvements and to give ideas to the rest of the people too :-)

Enoach
12-03-2018, 08:44 AM
Practically, I will be swapping my items 6 times per Heroic Life plus weapon swaps.

6 times of swapping gear over 19 levels

I personally am down to 3 complete re-gearing on two characters that I am currently reincarnating for racial past lives
One is at 5, 10* and 15 for complete, with three items switched at 14 that stay until I reach 20
The other is 5, 8** and 15 for complete, with a couple items switched at 10 and an item added at 13 that stays until 20

Both of these are caster types, so I do on occasion update their spell power items which mostly come from the Cannieth Crafting.

*Level 10 swap is mostly Ravenloft Set item
**Level 8 swap is mostly Slave Lords crafting set

Igognito
12-03-2018, 09:41 AM
6 times of swapping gear over 19 levels

I personally am down to 3 complete re-gearing on two characters that I am currently reincarnating for racial past lives
One is at 5, 10* and 15 for complete, with three items switched at 14 that stay until I reach 20
The other is 5, 8** and 15 for complete, with a couple items switched at 10 and an item added at 13 that stays until 20

Both of these are caster types, so I do on occasion update their spell power items which mostly come from the Cannieth Crafting.

*Level 10 swap is mostly Ravenloft Set item
**Level 8 swap is mostly Slave Lords crafting set

I see... that would be nice to only swap items 3 times +1 at start. But I can see you have already fixated your character and items.
I'm still at life 2, and haven't decided anything to fixate yet... So I try to keep my options open :-D

Enoach
12-03-2018, 10:02 AM
I see... that would be nice to only swap items 3 times +1 at start. But I can see you have already fixated your character and items.
I'm still at life 2, and haven't decided anything to fixate yet... So I try to keep my options open :-D

Those sets are generic, I plan to pass them to my next set of two characters (more melee focused) when I start their racial lives. The specifics for the racial are a few items in between.

Dalris_Thane
12-03-2018, 04:07 PM
Over the years i went from hoarding everything to a very minimalist outlook and only keep a very few select pieces. Especially once i started tring a lot on my main. I got rid of so much stuff that now everytime i tr i can put everything from the cache into his regular bank and inventory. Seriously if you didn't use it this life chances are you won't use it next life.

I would really love to know the specifics of how you do that.

Me? I haven't TR-ed yet. I just recently hit L30 as a Rogue. I have 14 alts, filled to the brim. And yes, a lot is hoarding. But, assuming I wasn't VIP, say I was FTP... there's still 4-5 alts full of stuff I need... and I use... and shuffle for every quest... and some play DDO with 3 characters (!).

Examples:

Resists (Enhancement, Insightful, Absorbtion) for every damage type.
Daggers (materials, elemental, special like paralysing) for every DR type
Skills and Attributes (Competence, Insightful, Quality) to detect and overcome traps, pass Quest minimums...

That's not counting high end potions, clickies, and actual stat items like PRR and MRR and the like. I really admire and am puzzled on how you can be a minimalist.

I WILL admit, I don't need a hoard of EXP potions, daily dice, and all that... (EXP isn't my problem for TR-ing... it's trying to max out 5,000 Favor to get that first +5 Book... so a lot of the quests I'm doing are no-exp sub 20s to grind out faction.)... so there's no point to eat EXP potions, dice and the like.

But really... the big 2 for me: Equipment to resist damage and weapons to bypass DR / do double damage... that's multiple alts right there.

Any help would be great. I'm guessing 2-3 months before I Epic TR (likely have to wait to get 5k Favor as the raids and harder quests... I can't finish being solo due to illness, physical and mental)

Enoach
12-03-2018, 04:27 PM

Me? I haven't TR-ed yet. I just recently hit L30 as a Rogue. I have 14 alts, filled to the brim. And yes, a lot is hoarding. But, assuming I wasn't VIP, say I was FTP... there's still 4-5 alts full of stuff I need... and I use... and shuffle for every quest... and some play DDO with 3 characters (!).

Examples:

Skills and Attributes (Competence, Insightful, Quality) to detect and overcome traps, pass Quest minimums...

That's not counting high end potions, clickies, and actual stat items like PRR and MRR and the like. I really admire and am puzzled on how you can be a minimalist.

I WILL admit, I don't need a hoard of EXP potions, daily dice, and all that... (EXP isn't my problem for TR-ing... it's trying to max out 5,000 Favor to get that first +5 Book... so a lot of the quests I'm doing are no-exp sub 20s to grind out faction.)... so there's no point to eat EXP potions, dice and the like.

But really... the big 2 for me: Equipment to resist damage and weapons to bypass DR / do double damage... that's multiple alts right there.

Any help would be great. I'm guessing 2-3 months before I Epic TR (likely have to wait to get 5k Favor as the raids and harder quests... I can't finish being solo due to illness, physical and mental)

Some things I did to reduce my "hoarding"

1. Started using the "Too Good to use" Consumables
2. Got rid of any item that I was not using but could "farm" quickly either because it was a common drop in a quest or a guaranteed end reward

Those are just some starting points.

spyder7723
12-03-2018, 06:28 PM

Examples:

Keep in mind my goal on that character is to get to 20 or 30, etr and tr or iconic tr. I'm not staying at cap or trying to run high skull raids on him where you need a lot of the stuff you mentioned. So ask yourself, do really NEED resist to all elements in a gear piece when you can buy pots?
Do you really need to break dr in the heroic game when mobs die so fast anyway?

Have you looked at cannith crafting? You can combine 3 effects on one item. That saves a ton of gear space. For instance i crafted a min level 10 ring with dex/cha/ insightful cha so that's 3 build specific stats on 1 item. (I also have level 5 and 15 versions of it). But most gear i just use the ravenloft set at level 10 and keep it on till 21, the gear and set bonuses are that good that you don't need to swap out till epics. I haven't played a trapper in quite a while but i bet the trapper ring in ravenloft will carry you from 10 to about 24. And it has every single trap skill on one item so slot it in and leave it on, no need to swap out your spot item for a search item then again for disable or open locks.

Dalris_Thane
12-04-2018, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the tips and the starting points to those that helped me (I can't figure out multi-quote to properly thank you individually). I'll get started soon on that spring cleaning.

Tricosene
12-04-2018, 05:41 PM
In addition to everyone else's advice, if you don't belong to a guild, consider starting one.

Once it gets to a high enough level, you can get storage chests on your guild airship.

I keep a lot of my non-bound gear, sorted by level, on the guild ship. If I recall correctly, I currently have about 200 items stored on my airship. This has made TRing and gearing during leveling much easier. Well, for TRing, it just lets me horde even more stuff, but still.

Igognito
12-06-2018, 08:02 AM
In addition to everyone else's advice, if you don't belong to a guild, consider starting one.

Once it gets to a high enough level, you can get storage chests on your guild airship.

I keep a lot of my non-bound gear, sorted by level, on the guild ship. If I recall correctly, I currently have about 200 items stored on my airship. This has made TRing and gearing during leveling much easier. Well, for TRing, it just lets me horde even more stuff, but still.

My guild is lvl 17 :-D 2 more levels and I can put chests inside!!!