PDA

View Full Version : Oi Devs...Expanding on the Simon Says type puzzles.

Feralthyrtiaq
11-15-2018, 06:35 AM
I personally love these puzzles. Especially the sounds when you click them. Many times I wish I could just spend time bangin' out some beats on them but they are not really set up for that and, yah know, XP...

But...while considering this a quest/raid puzzle/mechanic idea came to mind that could fit nicely (thematically) with the Bard changes and fits lore wise when you consider Heward's Mystical Organ.

Imagine having to collect crests to unlock a series of 8 pads (keys) that can play a tune and be repeated in an order that is randomly set when the instance is generated. The order can be puzzled out or founds as clues like in the Pit's Wheel puzzle room.

While the pattern is repeated correctly a Boss can be damaged or debuffed. Maybe less trash spawns in some parts or playing incorrectly spawns more trash or mist...or anything really.

It's a cool bit of in game tech...just sayin...

Aelonwy
11-15-2018, 03:56 PM
I personally love these puzzles. Especially the sounds when you click them. Many times I wish I could just spend time bangin' out some beats on them but they are not really set up for that and, yah know, XP...

But...while considering this a quest/raid puzzle/mechanic idea came to mind that could fit nicely (thematically) with the Bard changes and fits lore wise when you consider Heward's Mystical Organ.

Imagine having to collect crests to unlock a series of 8 pads (keys) that can play a tune and be repeated in an order that is randomly set when the instance is generated. The order can be puzzled out or founds as clues like in the Pit's Wheel puzzle room.

While the pattern is repeated correctly a Boss can be damaged or debuffed. Maybe less trash spawns in some parts or playing incorrectly spawns more trash or mist...or anything really.

It's a cool bit of in game tech...just sayin...

Bonus points if you end up with a bit of set decoration that resembles

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089218/mediaviewer/rm262026752