PDA

View Full Version : Newb Enhancement Question

Dalris_Thane
10-18-2018, 03:25 PM
Edited for brevity and correcting errors.

The Question: Can I just put 1 point in Acute Instincts and put 3 points in Sense Weakness? Or do they have to "match" i.e. to get 3 in Sense Weakness... I need 3 in Acute Instincts?

EDIT 2 = Can't change the title. Mods please change the title to Epic Destiny question. Thanks C-Dog.

C-Dog
10-18-2018, 03:31 PM
So, I've looked here

http://ddowiki.com/page/Enhancement

and I couldn't find the answer. I'm sorry if I missed it...

Due to my playstyle / equipment, in the Epic Fury of the Wild Tree...
Okay, first, FotW is an "Epic Destiny", not an "Enhancement". They look the same, a lot works the same, but are technically separate.

o http://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Destinies

...Sure, I have to put 1 point it because it's a prereq. I get that.

But I want tier 3 of Sense Weakness. I have a weapon that Procs paralysis quite a lot.

The Question: Can I just put 1 point in Acute Instincts and put 3 points in Sense Weakness? Or do they have to "match" i.e. to get 3 in Sense Weakness... I need 3 in Acute Instincts?
Have to match, sorry.

You could go 2/2 (if the AP progression is sufficient for previous Tiers), but 1 point in the former doesn't simply "open" the latter.

Selvera
10-18-2018, 03:33 PM
For all enhancements/destanies/etc that I can think of you need to have a number of points in the prereq = the number of points in the ability to work.

So if you want 3 points in sense weakness, you need 3 points in acute instincts. If you just wanted 2 points in sense weakness, you would only need 2 points in acute instincts etc.

Dalris_Thane
10-18-2018, 03:39 PM
Thanks to both C-Dog and Selvera. (Can't add reputation to either of you for some reason)

It is weird that in a year of playing, I've always liked the "prereq". This is the first time ever that I have no use for the prereq. In the past, all those Epic Destinies and Enhancements that were on the bottom of the arrow... I've liked and maxed out.

Not this time. Otherwise, I'd have noticed that it has to match earlier. Weird how that works out.

Anyhow, thanks again.