PDA

View Full Version : Axel: Falconry Tree Discussion

axel15810
10-15-2018, 08:23 AM
Giving my thoughts/opinions on the Falconry tree after having played it for about a month -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=legOBsjifXc

My Twitter (www.twitter.com/AxelAlexK)

My Youtube homepage (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd8L2y9m7q8NOYTOTbzeVnw)

Lagin
10-15-2018, 10:19 AM
Hey, good break down.

My experiences with the tree: (Aasimar ranged builds)

1) All of the bird attacks have a delay when enabled that is a major pita. That needs to be addressed. It really is one the downfalls to the tree.

2) With recent changes to bird attacks, more than half of my follow-up attacks are delayed for a second or two. Not a good thing at all.

3) The bird attacks are very effective for tier 4 & 5, if invest in them. The cool-downs for T4 & 5 are dismal and need to be changed.

4) The attacks are working decently, the trips actually work (in heroics) and seem to scale w/ ranged power properly.

5) The new Line of Sight (LoS) check was put in for whatever reason, imo not needed in 90% of the scenarios.

6) The wisdom mods are great for builds needed that modifier, and are properly balanced with monk in mind.

7) T4 Deadly Instincts doesn't help w/ ranged build all that much and needs to be changed to augment things like True Strike etc...

8) Going to T5 , depends on your build. But in reality, it's a little shy on rewarding people willing to invest into it.

9) It has great synergy with several races, but limited with certain classes.

10) Returning 50% arrows is a good choice if you havent gotten House d favor for Sturdy Arrows

T 4 & 5 bird attacks work great if som one can get off a sunder before you use them.

There are issues with low ceilings and bird attacks, and the massive delay in initiating them. Those 2 issues should be addressed.

It's a great addition to the game, it just needs a few tweaks.

axel15810
10-15-2018, 10:25 AM
Hey, good break down.

My experiences with the tree: (Aasimar ranged builds)

1) All of the bird attacks have a delay when enabled that is a major pita. That needs to be addressed. It really is one the downfalls to the tree.

2) With recent changes to bird attacks, more than half of my follow-up attacks are delayed for a second or two. Not a good thing at all.

3) The bird attacks are very effective for tier 4 & 5, if invest in them. The cool-downs for T4 & 5 are dismal and need to be changed.

4) The attacks are working decently, the trips actually work (in heroics) and seem to scale w/ ranged power properly.

5) The new Line of Sight (LoS) check was put in for whatever reason, imo not needed in 90% of the scenarios.

6) The wisdom mods are great for builds needed that modifier, and are properly balanced with monk in mind.

7) T4 Deadly Instincts doesn't help w/ ranged build all that much and needs to be changed to augment things like True Strike etc...

8) Going to T5 is a ****-shoot, it depends on your build. But in reality, it's a little shy on rewarding people willing to invest into it.

9) It has great synergy with several races, but limited with certain classes.

T 4 & 5 bird attacks work great if somone can get off a sunder before you use them.

There are issues with low ceilings and bird attacks, and the massive delay in initiating them. Those 2 issues should be addressed.

It's a great addition to the game, it just needs a few tweaks.

They did address the speed of the attacks in the patch last week, they said their goal was to speed them up. That was one of my major complaints but it did seem to noticably improve with the last patch so I didn't mention it as it's being addressed. Hopefully they're not done tweaking and improving the tree. The cooldown on Coordinated Strike does feel a bit excessive. Giving it the same cooldown as wail of the banshee and mass frog seems a bit punishing. 45-50 seconds seems more appropriate to me.

Lagin
10-15-2018, 10:29 AM
They did address the speed of the attacks in the patch last week, they said their goal was to speed them up.

45-50 seconds seems more appropriate to me.

The change to decreasing that attack is not working.

30 second cool down for people investing that far into the tree is closer to what is "fair" we're talking about at least 32 AP's here......

Thanks for taking the time make the video.

axel15810
10-15-2018, 10:33 AM
The change to decreasing that attack is not working.

You sure? For coordinating strike the time between the attack connecting and the bird swooping in and affecting mobs felt faster to me. Seems like the strike for the eyes animation on the attack was changed to be faster. But yeah the attack animation on the attack itself seems the same for coordinating strike. If that was supposed to change, I don't know.

Lagin
10-15-2018, 10:38 AM
You sure? For coordinating strike the time between the attack connecting and the bird swooping in and affecting mobs felt faster to me. Seems like the strike for the eyes animation on the attack was changed to be faster. But yeah the attack animation on the attack itself seems the same for coordinating strike. If that was supposed to change, I don't know.

I guess I should have clarified my remark. So far Diving Attack and strike for the Eyes is what Im basing that on. Maybe tonight I'll get T4. :cool:

PS you have new artwork

Memnir
10-15-2018, 10:56 AM
A very good breakdown and review of the tree. Nicely done!

Lagin
10-15-2018, 05:04 PM
https://i.imgur.com/fFitu1P.jpg