PDA

View Full Version : Discounted airship upgrades

RootinTuutin
08-10-2018, 01:20 PM
It does not seem like very many guilds buy low to mid range astral shard airships. I see many that upgrade their platinum airships, and many save astral shards until they can buy the Kraken. I speculate this is because if you buy an astral shard ship, you still have to pay the full price for the next astral shard ship. I would suggest a discount to astral shard costs for higher level ships presuming lower level astral shard ships had been purchased. This does not have to be 1:1, but some discount would be helpful. Further, if you purchase cosmetic upgrades for one ship, allow these to be forwarded to the next ship at a discounted rate.

This would presumably help the guilds that cannot immediately purchase the Kraken, while at the same time getting more immediate purchases (albeit smaller ones) for SSG, and ultimately more cumulative astral shards purchased by the time the Kraken is purchased.

Anyone feel this is reasonable? Also, what are the arguments for the dissenting opinion?

Cantor
08-11-2018, 08:26 AM
That was in the initial implementation of the airships, but they hit technical issues with the upgrades and just lowered the costs to compensate. Doesn't change the fact that it's best to to save up and get the best.