PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion to refund removing Alts with a stone of experience

Robbenklopper
07-30-2018, 05:05 AM
While it was fun playing many alts in the past, i caught myself more and more concentrating on just two toons now. The main reason is reaper, reaper-tree, crafting, gearing etc. . No doubt about that it´s my very own case while others will say they see no thing within and enjoy their alts. One option could be to spend some time to let´em shine in glory again, but i don´t have and want.
That explained, i wanna ask to get the option to "death" incarnate my obsolete alt-toons and become reborn as a consumeable Stone of experience (bta) in the shared bank (or first toon after log-in). Maybe by buying a "dying-heart of Wood" from the store or by trading Tokens. To Keep it simple, nothing more than XP equal to Level, max. 3rd life, would be refund for heroics and/or additionally for epic Levels.

How about that?

Cantor
07-30-2018, 07:41 AM
There have been suggestions for past life eating alts before. I'd see no problem with a 2mil exp stone for sacrificing a Legend tier character, meaning at least 2 PLs so it can't be exploited dumping first life characters. But, not likely to ever see anything like this.

janave
07-31-2018, 10:42 AM
I want to feed my alts to my sentinent weapon.

SoVeryBelgian
08-02-2018, 01:42 PM
With regard to reaper, having alts is really pointless. I used to have around 6 Alts but ended up slowly paring them down because playing catch-up with the Public LFM system often being devoid of Groups and everyone demanding "BE REAPER READY" (It used to be "TR SPEED") at R3+ is a real killer to game time and xp/min. I level slow enough on my main toon, so I deleted everyone else except my 2 Bank Toons.
I think it would be nice if alts past their 3rd life could be converted into an XP Gem like the ones from Daily rolls. By capping it at 3rd life, it prompts people to make new toons for that long, and the XP will be a stable amount... like Halfway to 20 (As if making a new level 10 character) only it can be used on any toon you want.
An alternative could be that the PL's you acquired on that toon could transfer to your main toon like you mentioned, by TR'ing with a Heart of Distant Companionship or Heart of Shared Destiny or something.

*Edited for Lagin's Poor Eyesight* :P

Lagin
08-02-2018, 01:48 PM

why the bold type? I cant read it. might as well use all caps without any punctuation marks, breaks etc....

ned_ellis
08-07-2018, 04:20 AM
I love having alts and will never be a 'single toon' player but I too have been pairing down over time and would appreciate some way of consolidating my stable other than simply deleting them.

In order of importance I would like to transfer :
- pl's (can do via OP's idea)
- epic xp (can do via OP's idea)
- b2c items (probably impossible!)
- tomes eaten

I would be more than happy with just the first tbh.
Any form of system (even a one-time event like when Fred was free for a week - Fallen Heroes Festival?!?) would get a serious 'signed' from me...I just can't keep up anymore with the direction the game has gone over the last 3 years or so :(( (makes puppy eyes at Dev's!)

GeoffWatson
08-07-2018, 05:22 AM
I love having alts and will never be a 'single toon' player but I too have been pairing down over time and would appreciate some way of consolidating my stable other than simply deleting them.

In order of importance I would like to transfer :
- pl's (can do via OP's idea)
- epic xp (can do via OP's idea)
- b2c items (probably impossible!)
- tomes eaten

I would be more than happy with just the first tbh.
Any form of system (even a one-time event like when Fred was free for a week - Fallen Heroes Festival?!?) would get a serious 'signed' from me...I just can't keep up anymore with the direction the game has gone over the last 3 years or so :(( (makes puppy eyes at Dev's!)

Yeah, I used to run four characters regularly, and a few more occasionally.
Now I'm down to one main character, and a couple of "occasional" characters.
A way of transferring past lives would be nice, though my main character wouldn't get much benefit (nearly just racials to go, and the others haven't done racials yet).

RevCo
08-07-2018, 06:13 AM
Howdy folk,

Personally, I see so many people making alts and that's great but the second its not fun or loses its flavor to become an xp bag... I don't think it's right to pool that to another toon. Either learn from your toon making mistakes or concentrate on one.

/not signed

Iriale
08-07-2018, 01:26 PM
I believe that what the devs should do is make the alts viable again, instead of completely eliminating them. And I think we all agree that the last nail in the coffin of the alts has been the last two grinds introduced, reaper and racial

Doing account based racial lives and reaper experience would help a lot. There are enough heroic, epic and iconic lives (plus gearing!) to work in the alts to suppose that this would be a problem.

Alts are good for the game. They help people to be grouped with people of various levels, help to have more people doing raids without leaving the TRs, and they suppose another source of funding for SSG. Eliminating them is a bad idea. Although I agree with what situation is really bad now